Post times shit got real in comics

Post times shit got real in comics

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Siege-Secret-Warriors/Full?id=86827&readType=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That time Ares was fucking torn in half.
Or was that just edgy meaningless bullshit?

Invincible is the only time shit ever gets real in capeshit.

Every single other time, shit gets retconned, they drag a character from another universe, they go back in time to get a version of that character, etc.

I fucking hate it.

Death is nothing but an incredibly cheap, meaningless gimmick in comics because it's become even worse than DBZ-tier.

Yes, I'm mad.

>he's still mad decades later, when this has become a well ingrained trope by now
Just flow with it. Let the madness take over.

I also used to like DBZ back in the day, until I developed the minimum amount of intelligence to realize "WHELP, GOKU DIED AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME THIS WEEK, TIME TO ACT LIKE THIS IS A SERIOUS CONCERN AND IS GONE FOR GOOD THIS TIME."

Capeshit is even worse about it, because now we have a hundred Spidermen and Wolverines running around, dying everywhere but not really.

>because it's become even worse than DBZ-tier.
Comics have always been worse than DBZ. In DBZ some heroes resurrect and when a villain does, he's dealt with quickly. You don't have tens of story fo San Goku beating Cell or Freeza.

How about some guys that stayed dead (but didn't necessarily deserve to die)

Literally no one has died three times in DBZ. Get off your high horse.

>Invinciblefag
Opinion discarded

Krillin died 5.

Don't make excuses for this kind of shit.

It's fucking awful.

>no one has died three times in DBZ
>what is goku and krilin?

>meaningless gimmick in comics because it's become even worse than DBZ-tier.
I'd argue that DBZ had heavier consequences, since Trunks' time travel had some serious repercussions in both series, indirectly causing the rise of two main villains, and the erasure of an entire timeline that shouldn't have been created in the first place.

Invincible is good. Fite me, you faggot.

Actions have consequences.
The story is consistent.
Characters develop, and they're good. Each one is distinct, deep, and not some shoehorned diversity bullshit, despite the wildly diverse cast of characters.
They respond how people would actually respond as if they were human beings, to things such as time skips.
Best of all, it's ending.
Its an honest to God story, told from start to finish, and not a never-ending shitshow of cheap gimmicks like the entire rest of capeshit is.

Off all the sad and lame inhumans, Karnak is the worst. I feel sorry for the sad fucker that has to try to make him seem edgy.

>Or was that just edgy meaningless bullshit?
No...
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Siege-Secret-Warriors/Full?id=86827&readType=1

I like him.

>97893473
The delusion of invinciblefags. Kirkmantards need to kill themselves in general.

Cry harder bitch. I can't wait for that overrated schlock to fucking end so you fags have one less thing to circle jerk over.

I don't have the afterwards page but the girl gets gored good.

Then explain what's bad about it.

The only thing I haven't liked so far is Eve's dumb regeneration gimmick, for the same reason I hate all resurrection gimmicks. But that rarely happens, and isn't used to bring back everyone else who's died.

Heh. Penetration.

I really hate how Marvel's default plan to stay relevant is to kill off the last generation of new characters to make room for a new roster of kid heroes.

I'm not going to waste my time trying to make you aware of the things you ignore, troglodyte.

It's always funny when people think Kirkman is a good writer, or act elitist about "capeshit" when his shitty comic is a gimmicky shock value garbage with dialogues and characters every bit as bad as your average cape comic (maybe more so)
I'm gonna miss that.

DBZ at least has consequences. Time travel fucks things up and death is treated fittingly by having hell and heaven be literal dimensions a la the Phantom Zone. If DC had a universal rule where nobody died but went to the Phantom Zone it would be slightly better

Aware of what? Are you just memeing?

I didn't even know the author's name is "Kirkman". I just like the comic. The only reason you say "shock value" is because unlike the big two, you know that things actually have consequences, instead of a time travel/MULTIVERSE/cloning GOTCHA one issue later. Sure, it's got edgy gore shit, but it's far enough inbetween, with enough build up that it still has an impact.

I disagree, because death means fuckall in DBZ, regardless of dimensions. Powercreep makes those things irrelevant. I haven't kept up since the end of the Buu saga, but at that point he was killing trillions of people a minute. That's not shocking, that's just stupid.

>I didn't even know the author's name is "Kirkman"
Fucking idiot

>muh consequences
Fuck off. The only reason your shitty book has shock value is because Kirkman is a terrible hack who wouldn't be able to write an interesting story in a billion years, so he has to attract idiots like you.
> with enough build up that it still has an impact.
Shut the fuck up, moron. I'm sick of you pushing your low standards down my throat.

Except Eve resurrected herself immediately once the fight with Onslaught was over. And Onslaught came back. There were no real consequences to this shit.

Okay, so neither of your arguments are "it's a bad comic for actual reasons".

Its a bad comic "because Kirkman".

So why should I hate a good comic because it was written by that guy?

She did it twice, if I recall, and it's the only bad part of the comic.

Who was this?

user you clearly have no standards and lack any knowledge about capeshit or comics in general. Please stop posting and go read something of value.

>Invincible is the only time shit ever gets real in capeshit.

Are you mad because Superman could solo the entire Invincible universe and that you need to write actual large threats that defy your misconceptions of what a real enemy is?

Because I take a one shot villain like Mandrakk over Omniman.

>Actions have consequences.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, for starters. The author seems to believe that edgyness and fight scenes are compensating for shitty cliché ridden plots that tend to be filled of a carbón copy of already exiting arcs inside his own comic book.

The "consequences" are nothing that we have never seen in all it's glory, because deep down they really don't matter to the plot as a whole. It's kinda like The Witcher, whatever happened in the last games don't really matter, but the illusion of choice is there.

Hoenstly, Invincible is not really a bad comic. But it's far from being a great comic book like All Star Superman or Final Crisis, since we are talking about capes.

Do you plan on making an actual argument? You're not making anyone upset by purely shitposting; I'm just legitimately curious why anyone would think Invincible isn't the best ongoing capeshit to come out in the last 5 years.

No, I'm mad because we've already gone through 3 supermans already. Probably more of you count silver age copouts.

Also, the whole "biggest baddest multiverse destroying bad guy EVAR!!!111" consistently results in the shittiest stories. It always ends up being some gigantic crossover event with hundreds of characters, all of which are cameos, against some uninteresting fuck you already know will lose, and everything will go back to the status quo next issue.

Mark consistently loses against much larger threats than himself, and it has massive implications for the Earth/Universe, while still dealing with various problems on an individual level.

>Mark consistently loses against much larger threats than himself,

Because he is a fucking pussy.

only like five examples
the rest is:
>I like this story!
>liking a story? superman could beat it up! xD

Well... yeah. He is Superman.

>I totally read this comic, I just don't even know who writes or draws it

wew lad

Robbo's writing on Invincible is pretty mediocre to bad, though. There's nothing outstanding about it. It pretends it's above it all but ends up playing the same notes we've all seen before to the same logical ends with a few bits of shock value thrown in to spice things up. Walking Dead at least had some strength to it for about two years, I think. It's been a while since I've read it.

Ottley's art's pretty nice aside from that weird way he (and practically everyone at Image ever since Invincible started) draws blood/gore.

>Also, the whole "biggest baddest multiverse destroying bad guy EVAR!!!111" consistently results in the shittiest stories.

Which again bring us to the point of start. Do you really consider that arcs based around Platonic philosophy and jungiang archetypes to be bad just because they are about DC characters?

Final Crisis alone is superior to all we see in Invincible, because it embraces the tropes that makes cape comic books great. It's a story of good triumphant over evil. I'm sorry that your perception is so bitter, that you only find pleasure in the sadistic nature of people dying for insignificant causes. You might even say something about realism. But that makes no sense, no man can fly or crush a mountain alone.

Dragon Ball is a well composed and paced comic with iffy writing. You may as well be saying this ironically while posting a huge brained Wojack. It has merits besides the suspension of disbelief over whether death matters or not and the entire final arc is self-aware about the problem and addresses it directly.

*Was

Of course, when he stops being a pussy, apparently that's "edgy".

Robot's writing is great. If you know where you've seen this done before, give some examples, because I would love to read more of it.

Instead we get bullshit like "I've been trapped forever in (insert bullshit here) for eternity, and I'm still a fucking retard!"

Invinciblefags are annoying praising capeshit while hating it at the same time

>Robot
The fuck, m8? His name's Robert.

Regardless, shoot me your own personal synopsis of something completely unique to Invincible and I'll shoot you back a Marvel/DC comic that already did that shit. It really isn't unique, at most Mark was more "realistic" than average.

But that's just the thing. "Than average." Realistic in quotes. He's still not a terribly well realized character and he's only better executed than the average trash superhero comics.

He never really stops being a pussy. The writer is edgy, but he made his MC a damn pussy... also, I don't know whats up with him and cheating and sexual humilliation. Fuck, he is weird.

Name all of their deaths.

they even made karnak an unlikable bitch. bravo marvel.

Not them but he died thrice.

Once in Dragon Ball.
Once to Freiza.
Once to Super Buu.

The Super Buu one was en masse and at the end of the series, so it isn't really all that relevant. Goku and Krillin got two major death scenes each, and several other characters got a major death that got voided later.

that child's buttocks seems irregular

>she fucking lives
how the hell did Anissa die

By that logic, show me anything in the last 20 years that hasn't already been done before by the big two long before.

Invincible executed them well. Its not the best comic I've ever read, but certainly one of the best among capeshit. Its not a garbage rehash or reboot of anything like Miles. It stands on its own merits, even if there are themes that have been around since literal caveman times.

Oh, you're a freshman philosophy major. Thats cute. May as well double in English Literature just to be as worthless as possible.

>but certainly one of the best among capeshit
It isn't.

Well, I think you are being unnecessarily aggressive. You just have to accept the fact that people prefer DC over Invincible and that the quality of said book is really not as high as you believe.

Perphaps you been at Sup Forums for far too long.

It is.

Or is it super cool that after fighting the multiversal cock destroyer, your hero died and was brought back for the dozenth time?

Depends on the execution. Rebirth? Sure, it's cool! Seeing Wally again was great!

Dragon Ball or Marvel? Not so much.

In what way is Invincible in the same league as Nexus and The Question? Honest question. Shit even PAD Hulk and Deathlok are above and beyond it.

It's not. Please don't pay attention to this user.

what does this man have against stomachs?

They are soft, tasty and rare.

>Its not the best comic I've ever read, but certainly one of the best among capeshit.
Dude, you realize you're generalizing 80 years of media here, right? You understand you likely haven't even scratched the surface on this stuff, right?

Superheroes haven't even just been a genre for about 50 years now. They're a setting. We've had horror books out of em, murder mysteries, tragedies, comedies, existential narratives, all kinds of bullshit. Invincible is your bog standard superhero template done a bit better than the average by virtue of just having one writer and nobody else's work to worry about and with a lot of shock value heaped on top.

It's no Grant Morrison Animal Man or Kid Eternity, it's no Denny O'Neil Question, it's no Jack Cole Plastic Man, it's no Alan Moore Swamp Thing, it's no Miller Daredevil, it's not even a Steve Ditko Spider-Man.

It's okay. That's about it.

>powerwanking superfag
of course

I think modern DC is okay. I'll read them when they're posted here, but not enough to buy. Marvel isn't even worth mentioning, since it's not even worth using as toilet paper.

Still, I don't think there's any capeshit DC has put out that I've enjoyed as much as Invincible. Except, perhaos, their KFC crossover comics. Those were unironically excellent.

And what does that have to do with Sup Forums?

>He says, replying to a page depicting a death that lasted an issue or two

Kirkmanfags, I swear

>Still, I don't think there's any capeshit DC has put out that I've enjoyed as much as Invincible.
You should read more then.

In Z alone Krillen died 3 times and came back after each. Get fucked

Well... yeah. He would, he is fucking Superman.

He died twice in "Z", see

>Still, I don't think there's any capeshit DC has put out that I've enjoyed as much as Invincible.

>This fucking guy is unironically claiming that Moore's Swamp Thing, O'Neil's Question, Milligan's Shade, Ostrander's Spectre, Morrison's Doom Patrol, and hell even TDKR are worse than fucking Invincible

>I don't think there's any capeshit DC has put out that I've enjoyed as much as Invincible.

You heard it here first, folks. All of Vertigo is inferior to Invicible.

I disagree. I like all the Superman arc since Jon was introduced. I find this stories to be highly entertaining. But again, that's entirely subjective.

Where exactly did this Kirkman guy touch you, user?

You're acting like he's Shadman, when everyone else agrees he's somewhere between "Okay" and "Good".

Goku was Raditz, Cell, and end of GT
Krillin was Tambourine, Freeza, Future Androids, Super Buu, Super 17.
Its actually given him a complex he had to get over in Super to fight without shitting his pants. Pretty cool arc actually.

>Counting alternate timelines and GT
For real nigga?

I say he is Ok at best. Hate what is happening at The Walking Dead.

Kirkman has a weird fetish for sexual humiliation and betrayal.

>when everyone else agrees he's somewhere between "Okay" and "Good".

Who is everyone else

Show me someone that has read more than ten comics in their life and genuinely thinks TWD and Invincible are both worth the trees they killed to print them on

>when everyone else agrees he's somewhere between "Okay" and "Good".
Mediocre. People agree that he's mediocre. Sometimes worse and never better.

>GT
was very good

Guess its STILL 3 by that count then friendo.
Also reminder that all the people Majin Vegeta killed and got resurrected ended up dying days later to Super Buu

Oh shut up. I bet you loved The Last Jedi, faggot.

If you have a boner for terrible attempts at nostalgiawank, yeah.

Like damn man, Toriyama's not a great writer to begin with but GT's writing is only barely above shit like Goku Black.

But Goku Black is the best arc of super. Is your taste that bad?

Yeah, I pointed that out earlier.
He's the only character in Dragon Ball to die three times, and his last death was an en masse cast death at the tail end of the series. Everyone else dies twice max, most of which are during said Super Buu chocolate eating event.

The worst part is the death of Mettle is the only one that stick and the other ones that happen on the series somewhat get retconned.

>Dude look at my cool new move.
>It's a beam of light coming off my hand it's a sword isn't that cool.
>I go Super Sayain Rose it makes my hair pink and that's it.

It's disgustingly uncreative and bland, and that's not even getting into how trite going for "the enemy is (like) Goku!" is at this point. We already did that several times.