DeWanda Wise casted for role in Captain Marvel opposite to Brie Larson

Oh shit, it's on:

deadline.com/2018/01/shes-gotta-have-it-dewanda-wise-captain-marvel-brie-larson-1202235891/

Could ir be Monica Rambeau/Spectrum? An Ultimates movie is getting closer and closer...

Dang.

Next wave movie when?

Its a shame that Jess can't hang out with Carol. She'd make a great Widow replacement.

/poltv/ not knowing who Monica is in 3. . . 2. . . 1. . .

>Could ir be Monica Rambeau/Spectrum

If not, we riot.

She needs to get blacked

My dick nods with approval

I'd be more prone to rioting if it was Monica. Because then the superior Marvel would be right there in the same movie and not get a chance to shine.

To be fair, Monica barely qualifies as a “Marvel”.

She's in the movie. It was announced ages ago. I think.

Why aren't they doing Carol Danvers instead? Is she that unpopular?

OP here, for those who don't know her (and shame on you if that's the case), here's her alongside Carol in Ultimates, fooling around.

Is T'Challa disgusted by racemixing?

Hopefully Monica is her love interest.

They're doing Carol Danvers, obviously. Mar-Vell (Jude Law) is confirmed to be there too.
I believe they're adapting some parts of Kelly Sue DeConnick's run in the movie as well as the material from Brian Reed, because Carol and Monica hung out for a while in the first volume, and even "merged" powers.

no ultimates, bad Bendis. Down boy.

Isn’t Bendis with DC now?

No, he just doesn’t like watching dudes kiss is all

Bendis had nothing to do with Ultimates team, that was Al Ewing

Watch Monica bellyache through the whole film about how she used to lead a top squadron of pilots as a way to reference how she never shuts up about once leading the Avengers.

For all we know, it's a nobody. Remember, this film takes place 20 years before anything else.

Maybe she's Salia Petrie and she's actually Carol's ex-girlfriend this time.

>not wanting a Nextwave movie instead of an Ultimates movie

Ewing's Ultimates my dude.
The thing is, Ultimates would be godsend to Marvel because it's a team of super powered heroes beyond the Avengers. Once their contracts expire or they get tired of playing capes, this new generation would be perfect to take over the reins, while keeping everything cosmic. It's the perfect plan that would allow them to go on in case the F4 deal falls through for some reason.

>Monica is demoted to Carol's black friend

Ouch

>this film takes place 20 years before anything else

And Carol is gonna look like she hasn't aged present day?

How will they explain that?

Same way they explained Peggy Carter: black friend grew up and got old.

If we really do get Ewing/Rocafort's Ultimates from this, I'll finally switch over to Marvel, I swear to god.

She has.

Cryogenics probably. Fury maybe kept her in hibernation after the Kree-Skrull War in the 90's, as a SHIELD secret weapon. Then when the whole Thanos crisis unfolds, he decides to pull her out of the ice, wary that she might be a little "unstable."

Black characters MUST be cast as black. white characters can be cast as any race. got it.

... What are you talking about? Carol is white and blonde in the movie.
I want Sup Forumstv/ to leave.

It's most probably that she's been cast as a character that does not match her race.

She's probably SHIELD/Military something. Why would a New Orleans harbor patrol be in this?

What a bigot

Consider literally any other MCU film thus far.

My thoughts exactly

maybe if you were any good at acting you could take a black man's role

but you can't, you won't, and it's eating you alive inside

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea why she would be.
Or perhaps, and this is probably a shock to you, this is exactly who everyone is rumoring to be, since there's no other character around her stories that could fit her role. You guys don't read comics, do you?

we all knew it was gonna happen, despite hoping it wouldn't.

poor monica.

Finally people will start shipping MoniCarol.

She's beautiful.

she's probably just a kree, kree are black too

>shipping the white hero with their black sidekick
lol no.
Carol will get shipped with a white woman she has five minutes of screen time with

Doubtful it's going to happen due to Sony rights, but imagine Carol, Jessica Drew and Jones hanging out together, binge drinking, and kissing under the sheets .

>Spider Woman was only created so no one else would copyright the name
>Has next to no relation to Spider-Man
>Because of her name, SONY owns her
Welp, there goes a good supporting character for Carol

>>Monica is demoted to Carol's black friend
>Ouch
I mean, you are not seriously expecting her to get a solo film any time soon do you? And she needed to get started somewhere.

What if they just make Jessica Drew a fellow air force or shield or whatever

Just imagine what Monica can get up to while she's inside Carol.
She worked for SHIELD in the comics. And HYDRA, which is inside SHIELD during the 90s MCU.

Be honest user: would you really like her being relegated to a glorified cameo? It's like what Gunn said about Beta Ray Bill: if they can't do the character justice, it's better not to have it.

>Ouch
Look, if it worked for Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, you are going to have to come up with a REALLY good reason for the MCU to not give Carol the same team mechanic.

I mean, even MCU Thor technically has a black friend now, even if female. If it worked so far, why change it?

but i don't mean a cameo. I'm saying if they wanna give Carol a BFF use Jessica who kinda makes sense and don't put Monica in that hole.

>Be honest user: would you really like her being relegated to a glorified cameo? It's like what Gunn said about Beta Ray Bill: if they can't do the character justice, it's better not to have it.
That's what pissed me off the most about Fox X-men. I can't believe they kept Jubilee in the background all this time without a single spoken line.

For all we know she IS playing Jess.

Basically this. Seems like there's a lot of red tape around Jess, and not just the name. While the SHIELD/HYDRA thing would be fine, I could see Marvel Studios hesitant to add another wall crawler, despite not being a web swinger. Really she'd be another Black Widow, only now her tasers would be Venom Blasts. If they can make her work, then I'm all for it

>putting Monica in a movie I have zero interest in seeing

>but i don't mean a cameo. I'm saying if they wanna give Carol a BFF use Jessica who kinda makes sense and don't put Monica in that hole.
Monica is likely going to be a friendly rival, assuming she would also be powered at some point. The Skrull are fine as antagonists, but a protagonist need both a close friend and someone less intimate to interact with.

>Most well known Ultimates writers are Millar, Hickman and Ewing, Bendis has never written the title
>Still blame him because you just got here from Sup Forums and want to fit in

Whedon used part of Spider-Woman's origin for Scarlet Witch's MCU introduction.

If it's Monica, and she's powerless, I legitimately won't watch this movie.

Wow, good casting

Too bad Monica has to be Carol's black sidekick

He's leaving for DC, he can't coast off Marvel movies anymore.

But she'd be in the movie in name only. I'm actually surprised they're including so many things into this film, it's like they're setting things up for the future in interesting ways:

>Kree more prominent
>Skrulls with a possible Secret Invasion storyline down the road
>Mar-Vell, who should know about Thanos at least
>Monica Rambeau (assuming the rumors are true) could eventually lead to Ultimates also down the road

It's a goldmine of a project. Meanwhile, it's their first solo female superhero... I mean, c'mon.

>because Carol and Monica hung out for a while in the first volume, and even "merged" powers.

Monica will be powerless in the movie. She'll be some sort of military sidekick

Maybe if it does well we'll get a Nextwave movie, or miniseries on Hulu

They'll hint it at

How is Jessica Drew being an agent of SHIELD who's friends with Carol Danvers an in name only thing?

Because she wouldn't be powered, isn't that the whole point?
Then again I don't know if they can keep her as a regular human with all of her resume, without hinting at her Spider-Woman traits. Sony most likely has the rights to the whole character, remember people were assuming Trish in Jessica Jones was gonna be Drew and look what happened.

i still dream about nextwave directed by imaishi

>Ultimates
>not Nextwave
What's wrong with you?

Speaking of Jess, knowing our luck we'd probably get this costume

Nextwave was overrated garbage.

>Monica will be powerless in the movie. She'll be some sort of military sidekick
She would likely be the equivalent of Winter Soldier, in that Carol would come back from Space and aged Monica would be one of the few people who remembered her. And then Monica would get powers in the next film so she can keep up with Carol, also removing the ageing makeup.

user, if Ultimates is considered by some as "literally who?", Nextwave is pretty much Netflix-tier or lower.

i hoe she is not playing Agent Brand

She's both Alpha Flight and mutant/mutant related, so that's two strikes against her.

One would hope. It's probably a character who is supposed to be ginger though.

nu Alpha Flight though. That was SWORD all but in name.

And her mutant status was established years after she was created, so she may not be under X-men rights. She's been used in a couple of cartoons that have otherwise ignored mutants

And pretty much destroyed Monica's reputation by turning her into the Marvel version of Al Bundy: a washed-up has-been who clings to her sole achievement (leading the Avengers) and never stops reminding people of it.

I really hope we can get Monica. She'd be to MCU Cap Marvel what Falcon is to MCU Cap America.

>so that's two strikes against her.
How so? Haven't you heard, Fox and Disney married under a huge pile of money! It was very touching.

Hahaha... Yes they did. But this movie is already under production while the deal between Fox and Disney is going to take at least 18 months, so I doubt they can just start using properties left and right.

While true, it may be possible (however unlikely) that Fox would allow it. I mean I can't see them getting uppity and suing someone for using something you just agreed to sell them. It wouldn't be the first time there have been agreements to use share IPs, and the pending sale would certainly make sense that they'd be open to it, however I could see them asking for something in return. Monetarily, most likely. Pay them a bit to use IP early.

cry more you fucking homo

>Monica
>possible Nextwave movie

>Rhodey/Stark
>Falcon/Cap
>Yet another dindu as a sidekick for a honkey

Yeah, I don't see this not triggering some people.

>Yeah, I don't see this not triggering some people.
MCU Steve Rogers and Tony Stark are well loved. Marvel Studios isn't going to deviate from a SUCCESSFUL formula, they are not allergic to money.

I've seen the black comics Twitter going nuts about the cast. Only like a couple actually raised that same point, though

time stone, obviously.

There's only so much people can tolerate, and no winning formula can prevent that, specially in this day and age when almost anybody thinks their opinion is right.

>I've seen the black comics Twitter going nuts about the cast. Only like a couple actually raised that same point, though
It's not like anyone genuinely believe Monika was going to get a solo anytime soon. Get one's foot through the door first, make a good impression, and earn that top billing later.

>There's only so much people can tolerate, and no winning formula can prevent that, specially in this day and age when almost anybody thinks their opinion is right.
What is the alternative? Monika isn't even well known in the Comics. People who complain aren't the ones who watch movies anyway.

These are the sort of people who want a specific character to show up in the movies but don't even care or watch anything else, and they are a small minority of obsessed fans who don't bring money to the table.

Yeah and? The MCU is not the SJW comics. Also I have faith in Feige. Having Monica, like Rhodey and Sam, is a backup. And she has history.

It's fitting a black "person" plays a character named 'Monica'.

>Yeah and? The MCU is not the SJW comics. Also I have faith in Feige. Having Monica, like Rhodey and Sam, is a backup. And she has history.
I don't think is actually disagreeing with you or me. We are on the same side here.

They already have Black Panther who cares?