Hey there Sup Forums. Can we have a Ninjago thread? If you don't mind, that is

Hey there Sup Forums. Can we have a Ninjago thread? If you don't mind, that is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZnUrGRLhHMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a Bionicle thread now

How about a Legends of Chima thread?

Not so fast, Bionicle/Chima Posters. I may love the setting and show(s), but you and I both know that both are dead franchises that only like, five people (myself included) know even the slightest thing about. Besides, we all know that Ninjago had the better waifus.
>Spoiler Very Related

I don't watch cartoons except for when movies come out but I actually liked the Ninjago movie. How's the show compared to it?
Also, how the fuck do Lego movies manage to be better comedies than 99% of actual "live action" comedies today? Is there no talent anymore in Hollywood except for Lego movie writers?

i think its because they have an actual plot, with jokes in it, rather than a zany series of circumstances filled with more jokes

that could be it. it's also amazing how Lego movies are perfect at using practical humour (real life objects as big Lego World threats, destructibility of figures and objects). sometimes humour catering to children really is better than the "adult" humour schlock we get in other movies

>How's the show compared to it?
Infinitely better. I mean, yeah, the movie is a damn fine piece of work that definitely keeps true to the original series (for the most part), but the show is just so good that it's fucking insane. It also lapses into major cosmic horror elements at least once per season, which just manages it make it that much cooler.

This show had so much potential, only to be squandered by making the crocodile princess incompetent, introduce the shittiest Lego villains and rushing everything in the last season.

China was such a clusterfuck. I mean, it wasn't bad and I'd tune in to watch it every now and then (mostly because it was one of the few passable shows CN had at the time), but it certainly wasn't good either. Honestly, I think every Lego show/franchise in recent memory inevitably dies some horrible, horrible death in like half a year's time. Ninjago is probably the only one that has lasted for any real length of time (aside from Bionicle, but literally no-one remembers Bionicle nowadays).

*Meant Chima, but it doesn't matter either way, the point stands*.

>How's the show compared to it?
Only watched it occasionally, but I was surprised by how decent it was, I mean compared to what you'd expect from such a silly-looking Lego show with such a premise. The movie takes some very basic elements from it but the two are very different. The show has tons of comedic elements too, but it's more of an epic fantasy sci-fi mishmash action adventure series with a lot of focus on continuity and a surprising amount of straight-faced drama.

The only good parts of ninjago are the parts with the Serpentine in them
This show was my shit back when i was a kid but the cartoon became pure shit after season 4 or something
The ninja are the least interesting protagonists in any show ever

>t. Depressed Sup Forumsntrarian
How sad.

>he likes watching relationship drama and ass-pulls of subplots instead of snakes fighting

I haven't seen the show since around 2014 when they turned Garmadon good, did it continie to be decent? Is it worth getting back into?

>did it continie to be decent? Is it worth getting back into?
Yes, but Best Dad is Fucking Dead. Damn demonic, living Cursed Realms. Fuck them, and fuck everything about them.

>all the interesting characters are either dead or shafted to sell more legos

then they sent it to the really, really, really dead pile

Welp, that's depressing, you talked me into it.

Eh, don't worry. The latest season pretty much confirms that Garmadon is coming back (Though, it might just end up being the Overlord 2.0 in all honesty). Also, fuck the Preeminent man. She was a great addition to the series, and had an utterly brilliant design, but she killed so many specifically because she just couldn't handle the fact that she wasn't allowed to do whatever she wanted and that she had ONE.FUCKING.JOB.

is the upcoming season a soft reboot or a new continuity? iirc they're implementing some stuff from the movie into the show.

also, is nadakhan plain evil from the start or just the sword corrupted him (drunk on power)?

he seems sincere (get his crew back and retire to his home dimension) in his debut then just went eviler as the season progressed.

>overlord coming back

You know, as much as I love the old Bionicle movies -- and by "love" I mean putting up with their shittiness because I know Lego won't give us anything better -- if I had the chance to go back in time and exchange those movies for a Ninjago-like show, I would probably do it. Not that the Ninjago show is in any way perfect or even that good in the grand scheme of animated media, but it is pretty passable compared to most other Lego-related cartoons or movies.

>is the upcoming season a soft reboot or a new continuity? iirc they're implementing some stuff from the movie into the show
It's seemingly still the same continuity (Master Wu's still gone at the time of the season's start, Garmadon's still deader than a doornail, which is what motivates the latest villain group in their goals of resurrecting him and all). From what Ive seen, most of what they've added from the movie are some if the designs it used for the characters, most notably Lloyd. Their voices have also gotten deeper, but you know, puberty and all.

>also, is nadakhan plain evil from the start or just the sword corrupted him (drunk on power)?
From what I can tell, Nadakhan was always a jerkass but that was only do to his nature as a Pirate mostly (And partly because he's a Djinn). But following Captain Soto imprisoning him in a Teapot and The Preeminent's ridiculously attempt to become greater than all things literally blowing up in her ugly face inadvertently resulting in Djinjago collapsing and every other Djinn but him dying, he kinda went a little bit "loopy". Him finding out that his old lover perished as a result of all this and that the Ninja's actions kinda sorta led to his home universe's destruction, even more so. His father giving him what amounts to Stormbringer-lite, and him finding out that marrying Nya would grant him unlimited wishes was more or less the nail in the coffin for his mental stability.

iirc he tried to convince at least his dad to go with him back to ninjago but didn't out of pride (captain goes down with the ship kind of logic).
but yeah he started out like a true captain to his crew but regressed to treating them as pawns in the end because of the unlimited wishes thing.

on the other hand, unlimited wishes would probably enable him to nox his way into "doesn't matter how much shit i did if i undo it anyway"

There's no fucking way he intended to reset everything like nox, he just wanted his wife back

more of if he gets unlimited wishes and enough time has passed (and more importantly gets wiser) he could undo the bad boss events he did to some of his crew (being an ass to flintlocke and clancee).

It's highly unlikely he wanted to "set all of his wrongs roght" like Nox did. At best, he only wanted his universe, his crew and his wife back. Everyone else could get fucked for how little he cared.

no go for nexo?

This show is a special one especially because it's Lego, if only it was canon to the actual series

"I thought you'd treat me more seriously if I was dead"

Oh wait, wrong ninjago

>if only it was canon to the actual series
If you're talking about the Movie (which I'm assuming that you are), then it being it's own separate canon works well I think. I don't think they would have been able to make the movie anything else but it's own continuity to be honest, it just wouldn't have worked out well trying to cram the main series stuff into a film. Besides, they gave the movie characters enough of their own individual character that they genuinely work well in the set-up that the movie had.

Season 8 trailer is already out.
youtu.be/ZnUrGRLhHMQ

At last. And judging by that trailer, it's going to be some pretty crazy shit.

Yeah, they said they waned to go into second gear with this.

Well kudos to them for making a fucking Lego series into such a wonderfully-animated piece of work. Also;

>Yeah, they said they waned to go into second gear
>Not sure if this is a completely harmless and oblivious or CARLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSS

Worst recent lego show

Hey now, Galidor is primed for the big time maybe sort of, but yeah probably not.

Say what you will about Ninjago, it gave us a half naked robo-waifu with a weirdly placed multitude of nipples.

Galidor is probably morecdead than even fucking Bionicle or Chima, user. At least those shows/franchises get mentioned in passing sometimes.

There's recent memeposting that he's getting his own movie. That's what that is about. Blame Sup Forums.

>Blame Sup Forums.
As per usual, Sup Forums starts wreaking havoc. What else is new?

I think we can all agree that both Ninjago and Chima(and Nexo Knights) were heavily hampered by being made to use the LEGO style despite not really doing anything fun with it(dunno why only the movies are allowed to actually use the building block aspect of LEGO)

Sorry folks, but this thread belongs to Clutch Powers!

Ugfh, no. I found this show to be annoying.

Good movie, but nothing was every truly made of the setting, the characters, or the individual backgrounds they gave each of them. It's probably the most glaring example of squandered potential I've personally seen form a Lego Show.

I loved the Omakase exchange between Lloyd and Garmadon in the movie as well as the IRL montages during the Ultimate/Ultimate-Ultimate Weapon Imagine spots and training montages.

I think the rest of the cast was severely underutilized though.