New Line Production EVP Walter Hamada...

>New Line Production EVP Walter Hamada, one of the key executives in charge of the label’s horror successes It and The Conjuring franchise, will now oversee DC films at the studio as Warner Bros Group president Toby Emmerich evolves the unit at Warner Bros. Hamada is being named President, DC-Based Film Production, Warner Bros

>Hamada is known as a razor-sharp executive with a great eye for material and quality controlling production.

>Other pics shepherded by Hamada at New Line include 2009’s Friday the 13th, The Final Destination, 2010’s Nightmare on Elm Street and Final Destination 5.

Well DCEU is fucked.

Hey Friday the 13th wasnt bad

At least he's very handsome and has a good smile

I'm struggling to think of a movie he produced that didn't make shittons of money compared to what they spent

which is clearly why he's been hired to fix the bloated DCEU budgets, because if they're gonna hover between $600m and $800m fine, but at least don't be paying $400m just to make the fuckers

smart

How is DCEU fucked, his track record is impecable so far

>his track record is impecable so far
>2009’s Friday the 13th, The Final Destination, 2010’s Nightmare on Elm Street and Final Destination 5.

He has had success in the last few years but c'mon, those flicks are enough to counter his recent ones and put everyone in doubt

DC needs a savior, a Feige figure. (The person should be a filmmaker who has the knowledge of comics)

That person is VFJ!

Before Iron Man, Feige had Daredevil, Elektra and the Fantastic Four movies on his record.

YEAH BUT IT'S OKAY WHEN MARBLE DOES IT!

Nobody has said Feige was impeccable. In fact, it's much more common to see people admit all the shitty movies he was producer on.

The implication was that Hamada can't be trusted because he has some duds on his resume from 10 years ago. Nonsense.

> make shittons of money compared to what they spent

Whedon must've really fucked them with his reshoots.

The reshoots weren't Whedon's idea, WB came to him to try and salvage something. I'm not a big fan of his, but you can't blame WB's incompetence on him.

>They made double their budget
>It must be a massive success
Really? A film that made 800M that costs 300M to make and 100M to market only breaks even or even loses money depending on the domestic/abroad ratio

He doesn't seem like a bad pick for the Magic/Horror side of the DCU given his trajectory.

He could be rather useful in the production of Books of Magic or Sandman movie, for example.

Whedon will have agreed to take a look at what they had and, in the first instance, salvage it with editing; but then when he said "this is fucked, I don't really think I can deliver what you're asking with it", that's the point at which they'd have said "more money, plz do reshot".

Which no is not really his fault, but from the sound of things the studio has just been continually fucking over Snyder too. They're not stupid, they know Snyder's not been popular, so there will have been notes; but he's in a really shitty place re: family right now, you don't know how long that's been coming etc, so I don't really blame him either. Fact is, if it weren't for the reshoots they'd be back in the black again by now, and they sure as shit weren't Snyder's idea, so it's one of those unfortunate things where everybody tried their best and even went the extra mile for the new guy, but it just didn't work out.

I'm not particularly for/against either director or the studio system, but it does sometimes produce gilded turds like Justice League, where nobody was ultimately in control.

I mean shit if you listen to the way Affleck was saying he behaved on BvS - stamping around rewriting his own scenes in-costume minutes before going on set - and the way he's coming apart at the scenes too, it just doesn't sound like anybody's heart is really in it. Can you imagine being the B-list star acting opposite that and y'know, he's all smiles but he's just given you a complete rewrite of the scene you actually learned, and you're gonna be on-set until it gets done, and then you're doing at least one take of the original just in case... and then six months later, when you're still sick of the guy boozing every night on the press tour, you're filming with him again.

Nobody's fault, but too many directors and wannabe directors for sure. And very junior producers other than the director/the directors wife - can't see Johns getting listened to by these guys.

Sandman was New Line, where he's come from, but it fell apart when Looper Robin didn't want to do it.

Shazam's dead in the water too, but it always was.

Will Justice League Dark benefit from this?

The reshoots were Snyder's idea and for some reason WB gives him whatever he wants. Whedon was brought in to write the reshoots, but after the suicide, they asked him to direct them too.

All of the problems stem from Snyder not knowing what the fuck he's doing. He isn't interested in creating a narrative, he just films cool shit and haphazardly stitches them together and calls it a movie. He doesn't know shit and how he got to where he is is truly mindboggling.

If it does they better start from scratch because those leaked concepts were fucking horrendous.

Stitching cool shit together without a plot doesn't necessarily do badly at the box office, and the reshoots will have been at least 75% the studio's demands - Snyder's many things, but so incompetent that he manages to spend a $300m budget and only get half a movie done is not one of them.

Nightmare was fucking dull though

>Shazam's dead in the water too, but it always was.

Shazam is the only film moving ahead right now

>but so incompetent that he manages to spend a $300m budget and only get half a movie done is not one of them.
But that's precisely what he did. Snyder only knows how to waste a budget on unnecessary shit instead of focusing on making a coherent film. He was somewhat reigned in on MoS, but that's because the movie was rushed. They gave him carte blanche on both BvS and JL and however much money he wanted and he made two absolute abominations of film making. Patty Jenkins didn't cut scenes out of Wonder Woman, only trimmed down the edges. The Russos don't film anything that isn't going to be in their movies. Snyder is just a photography enthusiast who likes taking pretty pictures.

I remember when Batman and Robin came out and it was the laughing stock of the film industry, what Snyder has done to the DC brand in the past 2 years is worse than that.

True

So what they're basically saying the entire DCEU production is a horror show?

What else is new!

Nice falseflag.

>Nobody has said Feige was impeccable
Yes they say, all the time, literally "feige is god/genius" threads everytime.

They've been saying that since 2007. Literally. It's going nowhere.

It's possible that he was instructed two years ago that JL would be parts 1 and 2 as originally envisioned, and the studio didn't bother to change their minds until he was already committed.

Filmmaking on a budget like this is not easy to just up and change. I'm not saying he makes great movies, by the way, I'm just saying it would be absolutely extraordinary if this were wholly his doing. It's exactly the kind of "we have notes" shit studios occasionally fuck themselves with. Seems kind of childish to lay it all on Snyder - especially with the shit he's going through.

Honestly, if WB aren't going to fess up to fucking him over, I'm done with DC, reboot or no reboot. Fuck this shit, the man's in pain. user might be quite happy to lay the blame for JL at his feet, but WB shouldn't be. Fuck 'em.

>I-is not Snyder fault!!!!
WB only mistake was hiring him.

WB is doing fine with movies that Snyder isn't involved in. Wonder Woman, IT, Blade Runner, etc. If Snyder is really suffering, then he should retire with his tens of millions he and his wife have made and focus on their family.

I've never seen anyone admit this ever.

He pretty much has.

Blade Runner bombed though. Nice movie, just not popular and cost way too much. Classic WB, right back through the Nolan years.

In none of those movies did he go over-budget by the amount user was suggesting had happened with JL. It's just ridiculous to say he'd spent the money and somehow only ended up with half the movie he agreed to make - the one WB signed off on, and had their own producer (Johns) watching over.

That's the whole reason they have so many producers, user. So that the studio can take control if it looks like things are getting out of hand. That they didn't suggests they have deeper structural flaws than simply hiring a director you don't like.

Shazam is filming in like a month bro.

Daredevil and Elektra were well on their way to becoming the original start of a cinematic universe, weren't they? All that they needed was a crossover with the Punisher.

I'm usually not one to defend WB's decisions, but "IT" was a good film.

The rest of that resume can burn, though.

>Blade Runner bombed though. Nice movie, just not popular and cost way too much. Classic WB, right back through the Nolan years.

It didn't bomb, it just didn't get capeshit money because it's not a capeshit movie. It'll be remembered forever as a classic, while capeshit will be remembered in a foggy haze ala Westerns.

You've got your head in the sand buddy.