When will the "every show is 'muh comfy' SoL cancer end? Hell...

When will the "every show is 'muh comfy' SoL cancer end? Hell, it doesn't even look like it's letting up with the new pilots recently being picked up, feels like 2020 will be one of the worst decades in animation for a long time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Lmy9ARCsZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have moved on to just jerking off to rule 34 as my entertainment. Watching cartoon characters fuck is far more entertaining than most shows.

>Actionfags will never stop SEETHING

I just want some variety

What hurts these Western cartoons in their Slice of Life garbage is their ugly ass art styles. Japan does a chunk of those, but at least their character designs are generally more visually appealing even if samey. Garbage like summer camp island about near teenagers who look and are voiced in a babyish manner? This trash wouldn't even appeal to kids.

I honestly think SOL is the cancer of current animation. Whts even worse is that hardly anyone likes it, yet animators are oushing it because theyre in there own culture bubble constantly giving praise to each others work. Fans hate the townie episodes of steven universe and thats making up the bulk of the series now. Why do they keep making this shit if lore shows are whats popular right now. Will these shows failing this year due to unpopularity get it through their heads the public doesnt want this shit?
>SOL fag is mad people dont like his cancerous genre
Take that shit back to nippon, faggot.

>feels like 2020 will be one of the worst decades in animation for a long time
Well, women are a huge part of the industry these days and that just seems to be what they gravitate to, it's here to stay.

I'd be fine with this show if the character design wasn't so horrendous.

Like why even bother with animals if you aren't even going to try to make them look like anything other than conservative middle school anime doodles?

>and that just seems to be what they gravitate to, it's here to stay.
Just proves that women are inferior by liking immature “cute” shit and afraid of any vulgairty or violence. I cant wait for these shows to tank and networks are forced to make male showrund cartoons only, because those are the only ones with decent show ideas that arent slice of life shit.

>tfw you're a girl and you like cute AND violent stuff.

See, the problem with SOL, like any genre, is not an inherent fault in the genre, but rather the oversaturation of the genre with lazy copies rather than original ideas or fresh takes on established tropes and such. What I personally believe the Animation industry needs right now is A diversification of art styles, as while I do not hate the calarts artstyle, I am disappointed that so many shows are using it rather than its own style. Additionally, it would be refreshing to see some action, SOL, drama, etc all across the board in terms of storytelling, as I doubt that any one user wants an industry filled with just action or just SOL. What do you guys think?

t. virgin

I really wish more thought like you, femanon. You are the idealzied woman.

now post tits plz

>and afraid of any vulgairty or violence
Just go outside and you'll find plenty. Why double dip?

Action shows catered toward a bored generation. Now that everyone wants to kill each other, and talks about killing each 24/7 anonymously, there's no market for bloodthirsty cartoons.

>I honestly think SOL is the cancer of current animation

Not only is this true, but let's face it. Why make Slice of Life nonsense? Who finds real life appealing? And I'm not joking for the love of god just LOOK outside. People men/women/teenagers/etc except maybe the retired and old have their faces stuck in a Smartphone doing whatever social media website tells them to do like Twitter or whatever. Also if they're not doing that? They're phasing out reality by drowning in music, notably loud enough for bystanders to listen to the sound coming from the headphones or earbuds. The only people not drowning in this stuff while outside are doing important things like driving a vehicle.

Basically we're living in an era where people of many age groups are trying to avoid reality. So what demographic is there that wants slice of boring ass life in cartoons/TV shows/Movies/etc.?

>So what demographic is there that wants slice of boring ass life in cartoons/TV shows/Movies/etc.?

It's not action vs inaction, it's comfort vs violence. People fucking hate each other right now and if cops and the military suddenly POOFED like fairly odd parents you can bet people would be fucking murdering each other in cold blood just to get their yayas out.

This is what happens when you raise shitty retarded kids.

Is that really your best argument you fucking child?
>Action shows catered toward a bored generation. Now that everyone wants to kill each other, and talks about killing each 24/7 anonymously, there's no market for bloodthirsty cartoons.
That doesnt make any sense, if anything by your logic there would be more of a market for it. The biggest complaint i hear is that theyre arent any big action shows, and even then thats not an excuse for SOL shit taking over.

>The biggest complaint i hear is that theyre arent any big action shows
Because Sup Forums isn't the genpop.

I hate and want to murder many demographics of people, but i still want action cartoons and not “comfy” dull shit like WBB or summer camp island. Your argument is invalid.

You're not the target audience because you're not normal.

I hear it outside when i talk to people at cons, stop assuming everything moron

>people that dress up as cartoon characters are the genpop

Holy shit moron, are you a crew memeber on this and thats why youre defending it? Literally no one is interested in this shit, my neighbors kids only watch adventure time on hulu and think shit like WBB is boring, the people i talk to at cons think its boring, for fuckssake the target audiance hates this and the only ones who like it are hipster faggot cartoonists like ive mentioned here

So you aren't talking to children who are the actual target audience?

>gets this mad at a simple statement about the audience of a low-budget kids cartoon
Yeah, you're not normal.

They represent the target audience along with kids, you fucking simpleton.

Here you go ;)

Stop with these strawman arguments you little shit, im sick of fucking shills like you popping up on every thread that criticize something. This is objectively shit, and ive already stated here that even kids dont like this shit, and even then that doesnt discredit older fans because theyre just as much the target audiance
>INB4 there not
Then how do you explain adventure times popularity you mouth breathing idiot

They are part of the audience but they aren't who that shit is made for or who the advertising is targeted at.

If you want action watch french or japanese stuff until america starts making it again.

>They are part of the audience but they aren't who that shit is made for or who the advertising is targeted at.
Youre really moving those goalposts so much its laughable. I give you proof that kids dont like it and go “b-but that doesnt count”. Cant wait till your outve a job, thats what you get for making shit like SCI, and ruining a whole year of potential new shows that will all get cancelled within months.

>s-strawman
>g-goalposts
>doesn't know what either term means

Adventure Times ratings have tanked that's why it's ending. As much as I still love that show the cultural zeitgeist ended like 4 years ago. Your neighbors kids aren't a large enough sample size to base anything on. Shit like WBB did fine in the ratings until the most recent stuff so it'll die soon too.

It's not like there's nothing action oriented coming out either look at OK KO (based on anime and fighting games).

>everyone who disagrees is a shill
Fuck off faggot.

The audience and the target audience are not the same thing. It's not moving the goalpoasts.

>use both correctly in calling you out
>h-hes not doing it right
Kek, i love how you are falling apart
>Shit like WBB did fine in the ratings
But it didnt. Also, adventure time doesnt get good ratings because CN doesnt advertise it or play it. And yes, he is obviously a shill for trying to say that SCI is what the audience wants, even after i tell him they dont.

It is moving the goalposts, you said kids are the target audience and i told you that kids dont like it. Youve been proven wrong, any rebutle is invalid and will be ignored

have i mentioned i like the hands? I think overtly realistic hands are the funniest when the art style is low effort and soft.

My main problem with most SoL shows is that the creators put in absolutely zero effort. They come up with some shitty character designs, give each of the character a single quirk, loosely tie it all together and from then on churn out episode after episode. There is no major theme explored, no point being made. I'd rather watch paint dry.
And they're fucking unfunny too.

Your neighbors kids saying they don't like it doesn't prove jack shit. It's too small a sample size. Just a couple kids not being into something doesn't represent all of wherever you live and it certainly doesn't represent other countries.
Did you even look at the WBB ratings before you posted this? Before the most recent season it was matching TTG and SU premieres. And how the fuck do you know what CNs market research says? You don't so stop acting like it. If the company paid for it they think it'll do well.

>Your neighbors kids saying they don't like it doesn't prove jack shit.
You said kids liked it, so stop trying to change your original argument fag
>If the company paid for it they think it'll do well.
CN is incompetant as fuck and is giving shoes to hack writers thinking theyll be succesful when they wont be. No one wants SOL shit, it will fail miserably and ill be here laughing that this terrible fad in animation will die with their cancellations.

>tfw you realize cartoons are unironically starting to look like an animated version of this picture
Fucking hell

Thats the problem with hiring college liberals as writers, theyre too afraid to put anything offensive AKA funny or entertaining in it, as to not “trigger” anyone, and as a result their shit looks like something aimed at preschoolers. Just look at a fair ammount of current marvel comics to see what i mean.

So because a handful kids don't like it no kids like it but somehow it still got 1 to 2 million views per episode? I'm not changing my argument.

SoL probably isn't going anywhere. Once it took off in Japan it stuck around (it's just that there's 200 new anime per year so it doesn't matter if 50 of them are slice of life).

>No one wants SoL shit
No YOU don't want SoL shit. There is an audience for it and it probably does okay on TV since unlike SU and AT you don't need 100 episodes of backstory to know what is going on.

Do I think that island show looks bad? Yes, I hated the pilot. But guess what, that shit isn't for you and it isn't for me. I also don't think it means slice of life is some sort of pox to get all frothing at the mouth about.

Consider the hero's journey and how they avoid it because it would require 1. doing something and 2. R&M shows that if you aren't doing heroing, nothing but how bad the character is will shine.

>So because a handful kids don't like it no kids like it
It means the majority of kids dont like it, they even said everyone at school hated it
>but somehow it still got 1 to 2 million views per episode?
You mean because it was advertized? Afterwards im sure ratings went down
>I'm not changing my argument.
Then youre a fucking hypocrite to your own argument who doesnt want to listen to information that disproves his argument because hes such a self absorbed faggot he cant admit hes wrong. Youre a fucking embarresment and you would do us all a favor if you just logfed off or better yet die.

who here /blue tit/?

>but somehow it still got 1 to 2 million views per episode?
There's quite literally nothing else to watch but SoL shit right now, of course it's gonna get ratings when the only other option is to just not watch anything.

>No YOU don't want SoL shit.
And so does everyone else that isnt some “comfy” obsessed millennial. Ironic you talk about the target audience, when this would only appeal to twenty something hipster females
>But guess what, that shit isn't for you and it isn't for me. I also don't think it means slice of life is some sort of pox to get all frothing at the mouth about.
Its a cancer taking over animation because the shit writers are obsessed with this immature, easy to write bullshit. It has every right to be hated.

Why would I change my argument based on your anecdote that you could be making up (and that you also changed to try to make your point when I said it wasn't valid) over data on ratings? What kind of retard would base their view on what some jackass on Sup Forums said rather than information anyone can look up?

>Afterwards I'm sure ratings went down
Ratings went down after 2 years. If people really hated it they would have plummeted after two episodes.

>telling someone to kill them self over a cartoon about fucking bears for children
But no I'm the embarrassment.

>that isn't a comfy obsessed millennial
Do you really think you aren't a millennial? If you're over 38 or under 18 you probably shouldn't be here.
>immature easy to write bullshit
I hate to break it to you but that is and always has been the norm for tv. We were just lucky enough to be alive for a little while where some people gave a shit.

Children have YouTube and Netflix. Why the fuck would they watch TV they hate just because nothing else is on? They don't.

>point
>”lol, youre making it up”
Typical
>What kind of retard would base their view on what some jackass on Sup Forums said rather than information anyone can look up?
Youre the retard who refuses to believe kids dont like this shit after being told they dont
>Ratings went down after 2 years. If people really hated it they would have plummeted after two episodes.
They went down almost immediately, stop lying through your teeth. That shit has never been popular and never will be.
>But no I'm the embarrassment.
Yes, you are, by constantly ignoring arguments that disprove your own, and defending utter shit writing because you have garbage tastes. Please consider what i told you, it would be best for all of us here.

What exactly are they going to watch on youtube, shitty Indian animation of Elsa from frozen shitting into an infected wound?

>implying because im a millennial i have to like everything else they like and i cant crticize them for a majority of their annoying attributes
>literally defending shit writing
Also, in your post you just said we lived in a time were people sortve cared, so you just admitted that they dont when theyre writing SOL shit
>Children have YouTube and Netflix. Why the fuck would they watch TV they hate just because nothing else is on? They don't.
That must have nothing to do with how CNs ratings are down 13% this year

I refuse to believe you saying they don't like it when it's been on the air for years and did well in the ratings for 2/3rds of that time. Do you really not understand why I wouldn't believe you or are you just so rage blinded that you can't think straight?
>They went down almost immediately
So you still didn't look them up huh? That's okay I can wait for you to do it.
>My anecdote is disproves your statistics.
Really user?

Depends how old they are. If they're really young there's actual real kids shows on YouTube you can watch. If they're older I don't see why they can't just watch basically whatever that isn't mature content restricted. There's tons of kids doing their own videos too (like toy un boxing and stuff), plus the usual YouTube stuff like sketch comedy, vlogs, edutainment, etc.

Depends on the SoL show but I bet some care or care at least as much as people who made whatever you grew up with. You can play gotcha all you want I don't care. If you just want to be mad you can be mad but don't act like you have a real argument based off an anecdote and my wording. You want to believe that the people who make these shows don't like them and don't try because the idea that people who make them care very deeply about them is scary.

CN ratings are down because TV is dying and children have the Internet + the app. Apps really muddy how popular a show is. Using Disney as an example Star vs gets bad tv ratings usually (like .25 million an episode) but does amazingly on their app so they want to keep it around.

>There's tons of kids doing their own videos too (like toy un boxing and stuff), plus the usual YouTube stuff like sketch comedy, vlogs, edutainment, etc.
Almost none of those are cartoons though, or SoL for that matter

>I refuse to believe you saying they don't like it when it's been on the air for years and did well in the ratings for 2/3rds of that time.
You are kiterslly going against your original argument and regusing to accept youre wrong. You are the most pathetic faggot on this board
>There's tons of kids doing their own videos too (like toy un boxing and stuff), plus the usual YouTube stuff like sketch comedy, vlogs, edutainment, etc.
>implying anyone but literal toddlers or pedos like that shit
>You want to believe that the people who make these shows don't like them and don't try because the idea that people who make them care very deeply about them is scary.
Yeah, its scary how fucking hackish and lazy current writers are, and that they still have a job
>muh “tv is dying” and the app argument
Fuck off

And what does that have to do with anything? Kids can watch stuff besides cartoons. It's not like it's WBB or nothing it's WBB or literally any other bit of entertainment in our modern entertainment saturated world. Hell they could play phone games if they don't like the show. Even on TV there's other channels or on demand.

Oh really? I think my argument was that you and people at cons aren't the target audience. Guess what even if I believed you kids who only watch Hulu aren't the target audience either. It's kids who watch TV. There's no reason to believe that all the kids at some school don't like it either because like I said you could be pulling it out of your ass and you changed your story when I poked a hole in it by saying your sample size was too small.

You continue to talk like you KNOW what the demographics for things are.

Why are vlogs, comedy, and edutainment pedoshit? Did you miss where I said
>plus the usual YouTube stuff

>Boo hoo so lazy
I bet it takes more effort to make any of those shows you hate than you've spent in this entire argument.

>implying tv is dying is a meme
So now I really think you're like 50 years old. TV ratings are down across the board. The writing has been on the wall for years.

Hey man i feel your pain, but this is like the 4th day in a row i have seen a thread about the same show complaining about the same problems . we're all aware of it's problems and are bothered by it but can we stop having these? it's actually starting to get really irritating

>Guess what even if I believed you kids who only watch Hulu aren't the target audience either. It's kids who watch TV.
Moving goalposts yet again you pathetic shitbag. Why do you even defend this utter shit anyways? Its literally killing western animation.

What is the name of this show? Been seeing it all over this board, never watched it.

Summer Camp Island

SU does everything wrong when it comes to SOL and it's comedy is non-existant, that's why the townie episodes are hated. Doesn't mean that SOL can't be done well and in terms of 'comfy shows' there's still a lot of exploration to do, just most cartoons are stuck at exploring the 'friendly/bro' vibes and can't move past that. Bee and puppycat was able to deliver some unique atmospheres mostly through it's background and colorpallettes while adventure time was able to put absurdity in comfort. Another good example is Clarence, that created a very disconnected feel of a 'comfy' show using the obliviousness/innocence of the characters to make you feel the contrast of how carefree they are.

SU is a terrible example and I can top that example even further by nearly the entirety of we bare bears. As much as I wanted to like it, that show showcases everything that's wrong with 'comfy' cartoons and calarts animations.

I didnt think clarence would be considered “comfy” because of how weird and raunchy it was. You know, an actually funny show. Im still mad as fuck CN is cancelling it, i never thought id love it as much as i did. What would you consider a good example of SOL, user?

I agree unfortunately until this fucking country can stop children's animation is almost solely comedic, and adult animation as almost solely raunchy, vulgarity (there are obviously exceptions to both genres) we will likely never see any broader genres in American Animation on a larger quantity.

>using Calarts as an adjective
post disregarded.

Animaniacs is coming back in 2020, until then theres always Lupin III Part 5.

>no cool toys to sell
>no action cartoons

blame vidya. it's the simple truth.

I still miss my Exo Squad toys. They were coolest toys I ever had.

They still make toys anyways, user. If anything its toy companies and there modern cheapness that is making people not buy there products, people still bought toys in the 90s when sega genseis and nintendo 64s were big. I cant wait for the toy industry to tank, then companies like hasbro and mattel will be forced to put effort in their shit again to attract new consumers.

7/10

that or i bet you are the type that pick on how people use the word "literally"

No, you don't make cartoons just to sell toys, you make cartoons to make art.

Yeah you're right fuck this normie cuck tumblr rebbit show, def not kino. they need to go back. Am I fitting in fellow poster?/spoiler]

I guess I feel like vidya in the early 90s was not quite there yet. could not fully displace the action cartoon.

hell now that I think about it, sonic satam, and in a defacto way Reboot were both cartoons that were directly vidya related. I also really liked the wing commander cartoon a few years later..

why did this just disappear? too expensive? Why was it that just the jap shows could succeed at this. a series that is complementary / inspire by a game? Like I feel if Halo came out in 1991 we would have had a Halo cartoon and it would have been cool.

>why did this just disappear?
I have a few theories, one is that the new shipment of animators getting jobs arent interested and would rather make alternative shit like SCI, that belongs more in a channel for hipster douches who still collect vinyl and ironically like funko pops. This shit doesnt belong on CN and it will force the company to either learn from their mistakes or close down, and knowing the current execs i expect the later. At least samurai jack was god tier until that fucking ending. Hope adult swim does more with shows like that.

There should be a very very strict rule where if Ed Atlin can make a more attractive cartoon than you, you are not allowed to have your show on TV. It should be called "The Atlin Clause"

youtube.com/watch?v=1Lmy9ARCsZw

jesus, is this guys stuff all this bad?

>SoL

What is SOL?
Is this HAFNIM all over again?

>666
>HAFNIM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

there's a hide button for that, dude.