Just started watching the show after seeing an interview with Patton Oswalt. Anyone read the comic...

Just started watching the show after seeing an interview with Patton Oswalt. Anyone read the comic? How do you think the show is going to shake out compared to the comic?

Anyone? Bumparoo?

Heard the show is better then the comic.

That's a nice Allred cover.

I have no idea, haven't read the comic. I know this could be a Sup Forums thread, but thought you guys might know the book better. I can say the episodes so far have been sick. Just twisted, raunchy, hilarious, dark, I'm loving it and wondering if I should check out the books, or just watch the show and then go back for the books.

Saw the trailers and an episode the other day. Just a bunch of edgelord shiet

Does anyone still have the megalink?

It's not though. Happy! (the imaginary child's toy) is the polar opposite of anything edgelord. The main character is a humiliating disgrace. Remember the boxxy years of Sup Forums? It's like a really entertaining well-scripted version of that.

I'm surprised they haven't used the song "Happy" as it's intro music. Guess it would cost too much.

If anything, the comic is an open mockery of edginess in the Mark Millar vein. The main character is a complete loser, his hard-broiled cynicism is depicted as making him more withdrawn and pathetic than stoic and badass, and the cartoon imaginary horse constantly reminds him of how his cynical outlook on life has turned him in to an awful person.

I only see the first three episode and yeah it's really promising. The comic itself is extremely short, to the point said 3 episodes basically got done 3/4 of the entire narrative all ready. It's also very underdeveloped and hastily done. I won't spoil anything but merely a handful of pages from the final conflict new information is introduced in the form of a single sentence quickly and hastily before serving as the shows Deus Ex Machina of sorts. The comic as a whole wasn't bad but it felt like it was drafted in a single weekend, a short story of probably many short stories Morrison drafted and for some reason this got picked up.

The show is apparently going to have 8 episodes which compared to the actual comic is insane and a large indicator that a bunch of more developments and new ideas are going to be added, which I think is what the comic really needed.

Cool, gotcha. I saw the "issue 1 of 4" on the cover and thought it might be a graphic novel thing. It's a shame it'll only have 8 episodes, but it's better to have beginning, middle, and end, rather than trying to drag it out like the Hobbit "trilogy". Since it's a short deal, I'll probably pick up the comics and the video when it comes out. Thanks!

This season is only 8 episodes, that doesnt mean there won't be a second one. Morrison himself has said the show is going to go in a very different direction than the comic. I believe the word cosmic was used. I for one can't wait, the comic was lackluster at best, GM has said it was basically an exercise at swearing.

>Finally have a new show on TV that's interesting to me
>No one I know watches it

Welcome to the club, pal. That's exactly how I felt about "Into the Badlands". It was never going to be a mainstream hit, but I was hoping it would get enough cult following to pick up a few more seasons.

Well, it's on fucking SyFy.

Probably just finish the show first. The book is only 4 issues. You'll be able to read it in an hour. Definitely a weaker work by Morrison.

The series takes the few good parts of the comic and improves on them. It's really damn good, and Chrisopther Meloni was born to play this role.

It does have Christopher Meloni and Patton Oswalt, it's just familiar enough story-wise (disgraced ex-cop looking for an abducted child), but so fucking weird and different than anything else. I don't have high hopes, but there's a thin chance it could catch on, or get picked up by another network.

>It does have Christopher Meloni and Patton Oswalt

When were either of them major draws on their own in any show?

Christopher Meloni was HUGE on Law & Order: SVU. Patton Oswalt has been in a million things, stand-up comedy, King of Queens, voice acting, being one of the most savage sonsabitches on twitter.

It's the guys who did Crank, on a gritty noir cop adventure through fucked up Christmas written by that daft cunt Grant Morrison.

It's a fuckin gas, mate.

They stop posting full episodes on their YouTube channel. Sucks, I was enjoying it. Christopher Meloni is awesome.

They did? Shit. That's how I was watching the show.

Yeah, the first episode is now private and the rest are gone.

Happy is great, show is better

So far the show is pretty wild ride. Wish they would cut the ex-wife and Merry bits. What the fuck do they even contribute

I liked Meloni since his Oz days, then SVU and even in MoS. He's kind of a TV budget Jason Statham and it works for Happy.
I don't mind Patton Oswalt, but apparently we are not allowed to like him on 4chins because reeee sjw reddit

Caught the marathon of that the other day didn't recognize the name. Could've knocked me over with a feather when I found out it was fucking Stabler. Dude's got a huge gift for physical comedy I didn't know about..

I've read the comic after watching ep1. I enjoyed the comic despite it being rather mediocre, but all 4 episodes so far were really good. Meloni is great as Sax, Ritchie Coster is pretty cool, and Oswalt is ok.

Love the show. Might try the comic when its done to compare.

The unicorn looks like someone took Yoshi and covered it in blue fur.

It looks even more like Yoshi in the show.

>SyFy

Yeah, nah.

Patton Oswalt is also known for killing his wife and getting away with it

They do more than just Sharknado, ya know.

I've only seen the first episode I enjoyed it

Just need to get around to watching the next episode

You can almost take the idea of his Law and Order character and put him in this as a years down the road veteran cop who lost everything

Wasn't it just a 4 part christmas mini series?
I have it recorded but I haven't watched all of it yet.

I was worried Meloni wouldn't have anything cool after SVU.

8 episodes. 5 is next week.

7 episodes, with a possible second season if it does well according to Morrison

Here's hoping. But then SciFi is fickle.

Syfy's Facebook ads mention that 5 Million have seen Happy so maybe