Enjoy your Logan and Jake Paul and other Youtuber cameos and references...

Enjoy your Logan and Jake Paul and other Youtuber cameos and references, doing 2017 memes in 2020 all wrapped up with crappy tweened flash animation.

Animaniacs cannot work in this day and age.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-19/lupin-iii-gets-50th-anniversary-project-with-monkey-punch-as-chief-director/.125523)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What if Mindy and Buttons had iPhones?

They will, with duck lips and selfie sticks.

>it's another "Sup Forums assumes all reboots will be garbage because nuPPG was bad" episode
God, I wish you faggots would just shut the fuck up and be optimistic for once.

And Nu-Ben 10, and TTG.

TTG is a spin-off, not a reboot. Also it's not spawn of Satan level bad and you need to get over it.

And DuckTales. Gosh, it's almost like you can learn what to expect by paying attention to recent history.

>that episode they went looking for corpses to make fun of
Wow, you really don't notice that kind of stuff as a kid.

Why was it okay to reference pop culture back then, but is not okay to reference pop culture now?

Will they give the little brother pants and little sister a shirt?

It has nothing to do with nuPPG. It's the format of the show itself that won't work in 2020.

Several parts of the show were based around modern (at the time) parodies and references. That can't work as jokes and references in this day and age come and go much faster and most of the popular for kids these days are cringey Youtubers like Jake and Logan Paul and Minecraft lets players instead of actual TV shows.

The Macarena's relevance wouldn't be nearly as long if it came out today, so it was fine to reference it a year after it came out back in the 90's. Due to how we consume media these days, the show is going to feel incredibly dated the second it comes out.

1. Sup Forums seems to think that because Family Guy ran itself into the ground other shows can't come along that do pop culture references the right way.

2. A lot of these anons probably weren't even born when Animaniacs was on the air, so all the Bill Clinton, Friends, and Tim Burton's Batman references fall flat for them.

Animaniacs mostly referenced pop culture, not kids shit.

Like we need anymore Donald Trump jokes. He's the worst thing to happen to comedy.

because of the internet making an interconnected world, pop culture has become a much

>most of the popular for kids these days are cringey Youtubers like Jake and Logan Paul and Minecraft lets players instead of actual TV shows.
And there's where the massive flaw in your thinking lies. They don't have to craft their jokes and references around things from the 90s. Why would you even assume that's what they'd do?

because Pop Culture changes much faster then it did back in the 90's, thanks to the advent of Social Media.

Same applies to pop culture. The way we consume media is very different than we did 25 years ago. Things come and go MUCH faster. If they're developing the show right now then we're going to have references to cringey pop culture moments from 2017 in 2020.

Because they did several 90's references back in the 90's. Thats where the majority of their references came from.

You faggots only hate DuckTales because you're asshurt about Mark Beaks because "muh modern day" and Webby because "muh feminist boogeyman"

That depends on fast an animation pipeline they can get going. IF they use an overseas studio like TMS, they could decent animation pumped out fairly quickly. Animaniacs was usually pretty on top of things (see that Macarena video, which was released while the song was still large in the public consciousness).

And Samurai Jack S5

You using "muh" strawmen doesn't make our complaints not ring true.

Uh, right. And... if they made new Animaniacs episodes today... where do you suppose the references would come from?

What about the occasional references to the Golden Age of Animation? When I was watching the show as a kid, I might not have understood all the references, but I did enjoy them.
...Though I wonder if that might have been because of all the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies I'd also watched which often contained similar references?

>The Warner siblings dab within the 5 minutes of the first episode

Nu-Ben 10 is... well I can't say it's fantastic, but it's certainly not a dumpsterfire like some of these other shows.

Either they animate it fast in crappy flash animation (which I think they will because that's how all stream-only cartoons are), or the writing will be incredibly dated because the process from script to screen took over a year.

Or maybe we'll have both. There's no winning.

Animaniacs will either go full gen-x and TTGize itself ("XD SO RANDUM" pop culture shit) or try to be nostalgia and have too much vaudevillian stuff (i.e. Wabbit).

>a new generation will be introduced to Minerva Mink

I worry about this, too. Classic Looney Tunes still played on TV back then, so the references to the Golden Age of Hollywood and animation weren't lost on me. I wonder if a kid today would still find Slappy Squirrel funny.

The more I think about it, the more sense it would make if they aimed the show squarely at teens and adults, but this is a "family" show according to Hulu's press release.

>She's now chubby and short with blue hair.

Why is using Japanese or Korean animation not an option? Look at Star vs. the Forces of Evil. I'd settle for something that's at least that fluid, as long it's not obvious 2D puppet-driven software tweening shit like NuTales.

And a xhe

Star Vs. isn't based around pop culture references and parodies like Animaniacs was. They have modern phones and that's pretty much it, which aren't going away. Pop culture is changing so quickly, the show won't be able to keep up.

NuBen isnt bad. It is made for a younger audience than the origional. Also Sup Forums cant stop sucking NuDucktale's dick.

My point was that decent animation needn't take 3 years. If they play their cards right we could be getting mid-2019 references and parodies in early 2020.

That's why I mentioned the modern kid shit being shoved in like Jake & Logan & Minecraft lets players. They clearly want to attract today's kids to a show based around modern references and parodies, what better way then to reference what's popular on Youtube? They didn't even mention the adult fan base it had back in the 90's so the reboot might not have the adult appeal it did in the 90's.

What is Star Vs's production (script to finished) timeline like?

>a show wanting to attract a child audience automatically means it will have cringy references to modern culture
There are plenty of kids cartoons today that don't do that.

That's hard to estimate when you factor in the scripts. I'm sure a story-based show takes exponentially longer to write than Animaniacs, though.

>Also it's not spawn of Satan level bad and you need to get over it.
Yes it is you shit humor loving manchild

Sure, they COULD do that, but they'd have to awfully stupid to when the appeal of Animaniacs was that it mostly didn't pander to kids.

Because todays pop culture is cancer

You're right, but Animaniacs has ALWAYS had several references based around modern culture (modern when it was produced). Reboots of other shows could work, Animaniacs can not.

>Animaniacs has ALWAYS had several references based around modern culture
It was adult pop culture, though. Politicians and actors and sitcoms and broadway musicals, etc. And it worked. People laughed, both kids and adults alike.

In fact, the only "kid culture" references I can think of off the top my head are when Dot told someone "to go bother the kids on Goof Troop" and that Power Rangers spoof they did. I'm sure there were more, but there was a lot of adult-level stuff too.

It was a mixture of kids and adults. So it's either what I said earlier or unfunny Donald Trump jokes you've already heard a million times.

There are plenty of modern things that Animaniacs could make fun of that aren't super cringy. Instead of whatever fad is hot at the moment, make fun of something that's been around for a while but is still in the public eye, i.e. Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, the new Star Wars, the MCU. Hell, maybe they can make fun of other reboots.

Am I legitimately already losing touch? I work in digital marketing - I'm 31, and have been a part of digital since I was 15 or so.

Are people in their teens/college really solely stuck on YouTube influencers and shit? I read a thread the other day on /toy/ where they were saying kids are more interested in watching videos of kids opening new toys than actually having them.

As an Animaniacs fan as a kid, this scares me. Thoughts?

>Are people in their teens/college really solely stuck on YouTube influencers and shit?

Just look at the Logan Paul controversy. The majority of his fans stick with him and make lame excuses for him. These tubers can do no wrong in the eyes of their fans. To them, their favorite Youtubers are 100% perfect and if you disagree you need to kill yourself.

If you think it's bad now, think how bad it's going to be in 10-20 years after all these kids grow up on this shit and have their moral compasses based as the same as their gods. "Logal Paul did this but he was rewarded with lots of money, attention and praise so that means it's OK to do this and anyone who disagrees is a hater!"

>Are people in their teens/college really solely stuck on YouTube influencers and shit? I read a thread the other day on /toy/ where they were saying kids are more interested in watching videos of kids opening new toys than actually having them.

Not just videos of kids opening new toys, but videos of adults playing with them. It's terrifying. Toy Story 4 is coming out in a year and I really think there will be kids who watch it who have little concept of what it actually means to play with a traditional toy.

Nothing that references pop culture can work in this day and age as far as Sup Forums is concerned since >we completely despise everything that becomes popular.

Yeah, because the original show never had references.

There’s a reason why many animation fans say only South Park can reference pop culture and memes without immediately coming off as extremely dated and that is its episodes are made in six days (side effect being low quality animation).

(OP)
No, this was made to put things like Made in Abyss and Space Dandy to shame, if anything it's Laputa all over again.
TMS is doing this, why 2020 I have no Idea unless either...

A.TMS is doing a pair of Lupin III Specials with the first being from Monkey Punch with Yuichiro Yano supervising (animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-19/lupin-iii-gets-50th-anniversary-project-with-monkey-punch-as-chief-director/.125523) and another one for early 2019 based on Lupin III Part 5.

Or B.Quality hand drawn animation takes 2 to 3 years to make hence why everything is Tumblr or UPA and that everything (excluding The Simpsons & Family Guy which takes 8 months to make due to rewrites) hand drawn takes 2 to 3 "MONTHS" to make.

I really hope it's A.
Mir & Mua Films are not doing that at Netflix and TMS is doing the same at Hulu.