You only hate these characters and the shows/movies they're from because you're paranoid that SJWs will try to claim...

You only hate these characters and the shows/movies they're from because you're paranoid that SJWs will try to claim them for themselves and use it to boost their feminist agendas. Yes, that is a bad thing, and no we don't want them ruining the fun of everything, but having strong female characters does not make something inherently bad, nor does it mean SJWs will automatically flock to it.

Essentially, you don't want women to be seen as more than eye candy or for little girls to have role models to look up to. You want everything to be "boys only" because you never grew out of the "girls are stupid and gross" mentality, somehow thinking that "your shows" will remain "pure" because "everyone I don't like is an SJW and if dere aren't any wimmin they won't come hurr durr". If Powerpuff Girls (the original, not the reboot) came out today, you would absolutely hate it for its "girl power" message because "oh no now da ess-jay-dubyas are going to cum and ruin evryting!!!!1111".

Sincerely, a cis white male.

>Rey
>strong
She's blander than Barry Allen, and has even less of a motivation.

>Sincerely, a cis white male
Cringe.

I don't like Webby because she's Mabel 3.0 after Star being Mabel 2.0 and not as good as Star or Mabel.

I never watched Samurai Jack but I like Rey.

1. I only hate Webby for her shrill voice.
2. I don't hate Ashi at all. I hate that season 5 was only 10 episodes because they clearly had to rush Jack & Ashi's relationship.
3. I never liked Star Wars to begin with.

If you seriously think that you can't dislike a female character without having some political reason backing it up, you need to reconsider your life choices.

In any case, this is pretty good bait. I can't wait to see it get spammed on Sup Forums for the rest of the week.

Strawman: The Post

I loved aishi until she changed the tone of the show. She could have worked but didn't.
I was wary of webby but liked her initially. Not an awful charcter but she had the making of a mary-sue. The next episodes cemented that yes she is a shitter and a sue.
>most of the episodes end with someone apologising to her and telling her she was right
wew
>rey
Don't even pretend Rey is a good character. I could write a paper on how fucking bad she is both narratively but more importantly within the SW universe.

>paranoid that SJWs will try to claim them for themselves
They have literally openly and publically done so with Star Wars. They have less overtly done so with Duck Tales. Samurai jack was just gendy posting his childhood waifu. It's fine but the tone changed. He needed the romance to be secondary or tertiary but it went full force. Also she was used as a deus ex in a god awful ending.

Webby is complete "strong and independent woman" shit and it's nothing subtle since it was made for Disney. I like Ashi, I think that Jack needed someone to talk to because the most part of the time it was boring with just him walking around without any dialogue. I don't know who is the third girl since I'm not into Star Wars but if that movie was made by Disney it must to be commercial trash too.

Ashi is perfectly fine, Genndy has no concept of pacing which really is what the core problem of the show was

Webby is okay but her character is incredibly intrusive to the narrative. When 3/4 of the group have very basic one trait abilities and then the fourth kid is the super competent person that can do what two other of the characters can do, it really hampers the story. It doesn't help that she has "non flaws" which are character flaws that don't really create any consequence or obstacle to the character.

I don't give a shit about Star Wars enough to watch the new movie or firmly study Rey 's character.

>They have literally openly and publically done so with Star Wars.
I thought SJWs hated cultural appropriation?

I don't like Rey because she manages to not have a character after two movies in which she is the protagonist. I'm aight with Webby's brand of social autism. I'm fine with Ashi's character arc, too.

THE
FORCE
IS
FEMALE

>I don't like Webby because she's Mabel 3.0 after Star being Mabel 2.0 and not as good as Star or Mabel.
This, but I'd add that for all of Sup Forums's bitching, Mabel is a great character. These other shows completely misunderstood how to write such a character, though.

(Of course, SVTFOE doesn't actually have writers, but does nuDT?)

>Sincerely, a cis white male.

Not taking the chance to be angry and shit post.

Mabel is god fucking awful. You're a spas. Star is good even though she is worst girl

I want women that act like men. There, I'm just gonna say it. If you want equality, then show me that there is very little difference between the sexes, and that they can function just as well as eachother. Saying that a man needs to be a white knight who protects m'lady, or a woman needs to be a feminine pretty princess is stupid. Overall, give me a good product first and have every element work around it.

This is especially a problem in video games.

Ashi is ridiculously misblamed for a critical lack of writing skills on the part of Genndy and everyone else who worked on season 5.
But that's Sup Forums for you.

Wasn't even so much writing skills as just Genndy wanted to do way to many fucking things at once and no one seemingly told him to calm down.

>Sincerely, a cis white male.

Rey can only be a minor protagonist (together with Finn and Poe and now perhaps also Rose) because Han Solo and Luke Skywalker still lived, and everyone wanted to see what those two old guys will do to stop the new evil Empire/First Order.
Now, Han Solo dying was inevitable, because Harrison Ford wanted him dead for sure.
Luke Skywalker is also too much of a black hole, being so important that the two movies of the sequel trilogy were literally all about him.

Let's face it, user, you want media without female characters, unless they're there for fanservice.

A lot of his ideas were interesting though, and could have been implemented even with the 10 episode limit. But you'd need to hire some real writing talent for that.

A strong female is not the same thing as a strong character.

I don't actually hate any of those. I also avoid internet hype trains with a singular intensity. Perhaps these two behaviors are related in some way?

I can't tell if this image is SJW, anti-SJW, or a troll

I want media where gender isn't such a major part of the character. How hard is that?

Do we really need more plots where the dudebro needs to get laid with a chick, or the girl needs to get the perfect outfit for the prom? Those plots suck eggs. It's much better if a man or a woman faces a struggle everyone can identify with.

Not sure why you replied to my post but didn't actually respond to it.

What's the point of making any characters female then? You're just assigning a random character trait at that point, without acknowledging the very real differences that exist between the genders.

>I don't like Webby because she's Mabel 3.0

Except Webby is way more Dipper 2.0 than Mabel, complete with a "Journal" and stupid lore quoting. that's a problem in and of itself but her only Mabel like quality is being a "quirky" girl. Her whole arc so far is being a loner autist desperate for friends while Mabel was super social.