Tropes You Hate

>Villain in a Cartoon
>Automatically has a Brooklyn/New York Accent

Art imitating life.

Isn't a posh English accent the standard for that? Second and third place, German and Russian?

>female character has long hair
>gets redesign
>shorter hair

>Hero powers up
>Just changes colours
>This goes on for a few more power ups

>time critical scenario
>characters bring up some retarded shit that could easily be addressed after the immediate crisis is adverted just to create tension

>"ends don't justify the means" moral when they often do and the society overall is obsessed with results

What fucking trope is this?

>>bratty toon child is an intolerable shitstain
>> due to political correctness parents can only ground the hellspawn and not tan that well-deserved hide.

>main character has a crush on the hot girl who doesn't pay attention to him
>completely ignoring the cute girl that's his best friend
>he complains about being single and not having a date

this this this

>very menacing and fun villain who's stealing every scene he's in is introduced
>written out of the story in a retarded way without a proper confrontation with a hero so a shittier villain can take over because bad writers think "subverting expectations" is inherently good.

snoke was not a menacing and fun villain

I fucking hate it when early on they introduce the main antagonist and he's super entertaining/cool, basically a staple for the show, but than they introduce a new villain and than all of a sudden the old villain loses relevance and dies so the new one can supersede his place as the main antagonist. And than the worst is when the villain gets a total jobber death.
I'm thinking of characters like Orochimaru.

user, I'm insulted you're thinking I'm that one faggot.
I'm the guy who's perma-butthurt about Dexter season 7 (stupid to expect Scott Buck to do something right, I know) Killian in Iron Man 3 and Cottonmouth in Netflix' Luke Cage
Snoke is a just a shitty Palpatine clone

>Father works long hours at work.
>Wife/family bitch him out for never being at home.
>Call him a bad father
>Family is very obviously well off and the mother doesn't work.

Fucking boils my piss. He aint working for fun.

I hate New Yorkers, so it works.

are there any villains that have a Minnesotan accent or have a Californian accent?

>Your kids need you, not your money!

>Villain in a Cartoon
>Automatically has a Brooklyn/New York Accent
Name 512 examples.

>said when the bitch hasn't shown any willingness to either get a job herself and help to financially support her family or accept a downgrade in their living standards

this is both a reaction and an example

Imagine it, Harley speaking like she came from Fargo, Minnesota instead of Brooklyn.

Yeah. Have fun saying that when we're in line for the food bank Carol!

Most known from a movie, but Sup Forums hates threads that are any fun and It happened in Jackie Chan Adventures, so it's technically on-topic:
>IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!!

Seriously what was that communist shit?!

What's funny was the case where the fairy in Kid Video actually got longer hair but looked even more like a bull-dyke in her design change.

The way love is argued in tv and movies in general pisses me off:
>Money isn't important!
>*Girls fly to guys with it like a magnet

>You shouldn't be pushy or overbearing with a girl
>*Girls tell guys who aren't to fuck off and treat them like they're pussies

>Immoral behavior will drive girls away!
>*Girls love their bad boys

What's really annoying is when video media does the first 1 in the next breath by showing you pretty-much can buy love, portraying it as "caring" or "tasteful" when a guy is essentially doing that

In serious situations heroes downplaz the situation by a bad joke
Like Luke in SW at the end or Strange in his film, most of the figths

>Villain is an evil businessman/politician heading the *Insert Name* Corporation/Government who wants the protagonist

>Female protag spends the entire movie/season building a relationship with a guy
>Female antag tries to seduce him
>Protag catches him when he is clearly trying to refuse the antag
>Protag immediately assumes he is a cheating pig and runs away in tears refusing to even talk things out for a second.

Bonus 'fuck you' points if the protag's BFF tells the guy to go away and never talk to the protag again.

I know this is more of a Sup Forums thing but holy shit is this lazy writing.

Any variation of conflict that could easily be resolved by 'just talking' but instead is blown out of proportion annoys me to no end.

The only times I can think of this trope being used is for generic mob mooks. Seriously, where has it ever popped up outside of that?

>Orochimaru
not dead

Fuck yes. Just let him/her finish a sentence for Christ sake

>character is caught in an awkward situation by another character
>"wait, let me explain, I can explain this"
>doesn't let him explain it and gets mad at him

If I stopped with season 1 of Jackie Chan Adventures, I'd be posting Valmont in every "best villains" thread but he progressively became more and more of a joke.

>Show has its characters time-travel to meet famous historical characters
Bonus points if it's someone like King Arthur or Robin Hood. Only one I know to make that plot work is pick related.

>Show has its characters time-travel to meet his far ancestor
>looks almost like him
Bonus points if the villain of that time looks almost like the villain of our time and is the ancestor of our villain
no pick because it never works

>"If you killed him,you become just like him"
Fuck me that quote drive my balls crazy

The only possible exception to this, much as I hate it too, is Naruto in the new series. Fucker practically goes out of his way to avoid his family.

>Character goes back in time to stop something that happened
>They inadvertently cause it to happen by fucking with the past

Can any of you guys name any comics or shows that does this. As much as i agree with you, I can't recall anything recent that has that troupe.

>male straightman
>designated punching bag

>female straightman (or whatever you want to call it).
>completely immune to slapstick.

What was her name?

literally the only example

>Preserving and displaying artefacts for the public instead of having it sit doing nothing in some asshole's a private collection is communist now

>Italian-american character
>Acts like he's out of a Martin Scorsese film

That's actually pretty realistic. People just plain don't like talking. "We need to talk" is such an uneasy phrase for a reason.

But “I can explain” fucking isnt