Flash War

So it seems like they won't actually fight but have ideological differences. What do you think it will be about? Is there any chance of Wally not losing to DCs golden boy?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/flash-war-joshua-williamson-interview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Plot Twist: Black Wally will come out on top.

/thread

Considering Magenta is coming back, I’m betting on the way they fight crime

I would unironically start reading The Flash again if Black Wally replaced Barry

Honestly I would too just to see and fully experience the salt

Most older readers are sick of Barry. I can see a lot of non comic faggots getting mad about "the flash getting replaced by a nigger" and laughing at them.

What kind of ideological differences? Barry against freezing people for all time and Wally against utterly fucking up the timeline?

>reading Flash after Morrison/Millar

what if it's Zolomon fucking shit up, mad Wally's not the main speedster

That sounds more like something Superboy Prime would do.

That would be a wonderful surprize entry to that story. Hero stuff happens, villain stuff happens, then Superboy Prime seizes his chance to "Can the Flash outrun Superman?!" his way into getting Main Speedster prize.
Even in losing, Professor Zoom would love for that to happen- that the hero, Flash, would have to defeat Superboy Prime's cheating evil genre-savvy butt.

Black Barry Allen

When they find out the original Wally(non-black) voted for Trump, a schism forms between the Flashes. In the confusion, a new half Asian half Latino Flash joins in: José Sakarimatsu. He becomes the real Flash.

Will we finally read a good Flash story after the Button?

if you look at the Cap Hydra debacle that won't happen. The outrage will be real no matter how many comic fags try to explain how comicbooks pull this stunt all the time.

Do they fuck or not.

And Sup Forums was swearing they were going to fight and that Wally was going to become Zoom, kek.

Why is his last name clearly a first name?

No, it will be Barry, always. Jay will be acknowledged as the first but the main one will always be Berry, at least editorial-wise.
Just look at the Green Lanterns, technically the main ones are Jess and Simon, but every event, every promo image, it shows Hal, no matter if he doesn't team-up with the JL anymore.

Really, i don't want to make the Wally's fans mad, but Barry will always be the main one, even during the time he was dead his shadow was all over Wally.

Not gonna lie that would be a great twist.

>even during the time he was dead his shadow was all over Wally.
I was born in 1986 and grew up on Timmverse cartoons, especially Justice League - up until Johns did Flash Rebirth Barry Allen was a big "Who dat?" for me.

Dykeson Rivera, kys please.

>Prime
>sperging out about Flashes
Oh boy Bart when

>mfw it's Bart

Please not again. It should be Wally in a Dickbats sort of fashion.

Is Barry the Jean Grey of DC?
Someone who resurrects and brings down the quality of his book?

They should do one of those call in things again.

But the Morrison/Millar run was fucking stupid
>wally outruns death to the end of reality and still manages to come back from nothing
Yeah, no, fuck you and fuck Morrison.

And then he will die and be replaced Barry again because of synergy.

You say that but if they really cared about synergy then Barry wouldn't be a twink dating a nig

Give me Jenni Flash
It's hot and progressive

It's going to be Barry. DC doesn't know what the fuck to do with Wally and only brought him back to appease oldfags. They've been doing whatever it takes to keep him out of the way, mainly by condemning him to a team book no one is reading. Then they keep nerfing and benching him so he doesn't have the opportunity to surpass Barry in any way. This event will finally and permanently shove him out of the way entirely, leaving Barry as the undisputed true Flash. White Wally may even be forced to change his name.

Maybe they should just kill Wally off so he at least gets a decent ending

>Its not about Wally remembering his kids, who are gone forever, and being pissed about it
Kind of a waste but eh

It still could be. That's something they certainly wouldn't spoil.

What is with you whiny wallyfags? Jesus christ I didn't see Barry fans talking about killing him off when Venditti was writing his shit. One year of mediocre comics and you're already begging for them to kill him?

Most moody bitches I've ever seen, good fucking lord.

nah it's like "You haaaaaaave theskillsto bee the besssssssst speeeeeeeeedsstttteeeeeerrrrrrrr everrrrr. But you're hoooollllllllldinggggggbackkkk."

WALLYDON’TYOUWANNAREALIZE YOURTRUEPOTENTIALASAHERO?

One idea which seems reasonable i that Wally gets desperate enough while missing Linda and his kids to try and fix the timeline, but while Barry gets why he wants to cant let him go ahead knowing how badly he fucked up with Flashpoint and that Wally could easily fail in similar ways.

BArry is holdingyou baaaaaaaack.

i want Zolomon to team up with Prime. Prime getting him to kill Barry because Barry should be dead

If they're gonna go down that route, I'd actually prefer Avery Ho.

I'd actually prefer her instead of both Barry, Wally, and Black Wally because at least it would be something different. Barry has been done as the Flash ever since he died, Wally has been done since he retired, and Black Wally would only become Flash so they could do it on the tv show at some point.

Wally is the last character who remembers pre flashpoint universe so maybe they will do something interesting with this

Jay Garrick needs to be Flash again.

fuck off Bendis

Jay is my favorite Flash and I don't want this. He works best as a mentor figure or in the JLA, in his current state I doubt he could carry the main title.

However I would kill for 'remastered' color reprints of his golden age run, kind of like Marvel's 'true believers' ones. Of course I doubt that'll ever happen because of the casual sexism/racism

Has he not gotten one of those new Omnibuses DC's been doing? Maybe he and Alan'll get them when JSA comes back

Aren't there golden age dc archives for flash? I know mai boi fate has and I've been itching to order them, since the quality of the stories you can find online are trash.

I'm pretty sure he has, I just think the floppies would be neat. I have the whole thing as scans anyway.

Barry literally just time traveled to find out who killed Thawne a few weeks ago in-universe time so that's some outright bullshit.

Wally never retired, what are you on about?

DC kicking him out of every comic wasn't a retirement. The dude was still in his 20s.

One year? It has been mediocre since he came back you stupid newfag. You don't have to be a Wallyfag to want the series to move on.

Why did they bring Wally back and do something with him for 2 years? He hasn't even met his family like Iris. All he has done was die a few more times and eat pizza with the awful Titans team.

So was Wally.

Wally had his ups and downs, nuBarry is just mediocre and Barry has no more stories to tell, all of his stories since coming back have been rehashes because there is nothing left to do with the character

>had his ups and downs
That's Barry you are talking about (mostly since he had more stories) Wally had only downs

Is this bait? Barry has been nothing but mediocre since his return while Wally has the agreed on best arcs in the entire flash series. Read some comics cwfag

Lol no

Wally was pushed aside for Bart, then when that book was the worst Flash run of all time they killed him and Wally was essentially a placeholder until they knew what they were doing.

Then Barry came back in Final Crisis, and he'll be around for literally forever unless something changes with Flash War.

anything involving the speedforce is retarded

He didn't retire and Bart's run was always intended to be temporary. He went away for a whole year, boo hoo.

Barry has aped the speed force in its entirety. His comeback arc was literally defined by saying Barry WAS the Speed Force. So I guess Barry's retarded.

Wally's only been back a year and a half, what are you even talking about?

>yfw it's Jesse Quick who comes out on top

Oh look, it's the falseflagging Barryfag again.

Different people. I'm not an anything fag.

>using two excuses at once

So as he said, the complaints will come from the people who never really read comics.

As long as she isn't forced int the dumb Liberty Belle persona again.

False. The speed force only became retarded after Barry ruined it.

>The Flash: Joshua Williamson on the Importance of Flash War
cbr.com/flash-war-joshua-williamson-interview/

>Josh Williamson: “Flash War” will be the biggest Flash story in years and it will really have a major impact on the life of Barry Allen, Wally West and the rest of the cast of the Flash title… and maybe some other books. I don’t want to spoil too much here. It’s going to get bigger than I think people are ready for.

>Barry is the kind of person that takes on a lot. He’s a problem solver. If you come to him with a problem he just feels like he must fix it, even if you don’t ask him to. He welcomes the weight of the world on his shoulders, no matter what the cost… how much it hurts him. And here is something — a few things, actually — that happened in the past. That when it comes back around it impacts both Barry and Wally in different ways and how they choose to deal with it… brings them into conflict.
>It does sound ominous, doesn’t it? Even the best and healthiest families get into arguments. But what could possibly make the Flash Family ever fight each other? To ever come into that kind of conflict? And is it just Barry and Wally that have this issue with each other. Two Flashes getting into a fight has the potential to drag in a lot of people.
>And really, the Flash Family is a concept that was more of a Wally thing. Barry wasn’t as much the speedster family man in the way that Wally was. That was dealt with a bit in the Flash 2010 Brightest Day series, that the big family and that life was still new to Barry. Can we get them to a new place with the Flash Family where it’s a Barry and Wally thing?

>From 1985 to 2009, Barry was gone and Wally was at his peak. His prime. Then when Barry came back during Final Crisis and Flash Rebirth, Wally took a backseat and eventually disappeared during the New 52. It’s been a long time since we’ve really been able to explore what they’re like together. A lot of the stories we have about them together post-Crisis are all things we were told in flashback. Aside from a few small cameos here and there, like at the end of “Rogue War.” And the story we’ve always been told is that they were the best of friends. They were this great family. And I want to show that in the present. And I want to test that relationship, to see if it can come out the other side stronger.

>ow with “Flash War,” the last two years, I really wanted to work with Wally West. The original who returned in DCU Rebirth, but he was doing his own thing in Titans. I tried to get him in the book a few times, but he was only able to make a few very short appearances which I felt was a shame.
>Last spring when I was working on the “Running Scared” arc, I was deep in the mind of the Flash Family and its history, and felt like I just had to get Wally in the book. It just didn’t sit right with me that he wasn’t in the title. And as much as I was building to a bigger story I came across the idea for “Flash War.” It came from character and from moments in the story that I saw coming… and once I knew we for sure doing “Flash War” the direction of the title shifted. A lot of doors that had been closed for a long time opened. And I knew I needed certain pieces and characters to make “Flash War” work. And… I got to have Wally West in the book to help lead into “Flash War.” That was huge. It all came organically but worked with the story I was already building.

>That picture says… most of it. I left a few things out because I was worried it would spoil things. I reread “The Life Story of the Flash” recently. That’s been a big one. I feel like we should do a sequel to that. I have a large shelf of Flash trades in my office and the research I’ve been doing goes way beyond what I posted in that picture. And I have nearly every issue of The Flash here in some form or another so if I ever need to look at anything for research I know where to go.

>Once people read the Flash Annual #1 at the end of January that is a prelude to Flash War… a lot of things will come into light. The shape of what exactly Flash War is will become very clear and then we can talk about what comics to read. If you are already a Flash fan like we are… you’ll know when you read that annual what’s up.

>“Perfect Storm” with Gorilla Grodd and Wally West returning to the book is running from Flash #39 to Flash #45. It’s a huge story that gets really nuts will surprise people. There we’re going at our top speed in The Flash, but it’s all a build up and setting the stage for “Flash War.” The Flash Annual reveals some of the big points that we’ll be exploring in “Perfect Storm,” which puts us on the road to “Flash War,” which launches in May.

>“Flash War” brings in a lot of new concepts, a return of some older Flash mythology and is the start of bigger story in the Flash series. I know that’s a bit of a spoiler, but that’s how I see “Flash War.” As a start of a new Flash era. A lot of big and fun and new and crazy is coming for the Flash because of “Flash War.”

>I really cannot understate how important “Flash War” is to the Flash mythology… and really to the DCU moving forward in 2018.

Lol not a single Waid era Wally comic. Get fucked Waidfags.

>The Return of Barry Allen
user

There needs to be more superpowers that are treated like some finite universal resource. Like imagine some massive conflict between Trapster and Spider-Man over who controls the Sticky Force.

fuck off

>Josh Williamson: “Flash War” will be the biggest Flash story in years and it will really have a major impact on the life of Barry Allen, Wally West and the rest of the cast of the Flash title… and maybe some other books.
I don't actually believe they're going to make Wally the main flash, but I can feel myself getting hyped

Why? He is more interesting and better written than Barry

Hal isn’t without a doubt the best GL though.

Who the best Flash is, is debatable.

That interview actually worked on making me hype, fuck.

I’ve loved Williamson’s Wally so far so

No it isn't. It's Barry. The entire point of Wally's character is that Barry is the best and its his life's goal to live up to his example.

In universe, at least. Readingwise there's debate I guess.

a shit ton of early Wally is about his inferiority complex irt Barry and how he can't see he's become better because he had Barry's teaching to grow from

>Hal isn’t without a doubt the best GL though.

Yeah... totally the best, remember that time he fucked up time or when he killed several other lanterns after going crazy?

>It's Barry
Read the comics. Barry was only who Wally looked up to at the beginning but he learned to trust in himself and became more powerful and wiser in the cannon.

Sup Forumss favorite GL is Guy while their favorite flash is Wally.

> It’s going to get bigger than I think people are ready for.
This fucker better be telling the truth. This seems to imply it will tie into Doomsday clock which means anons speculating that Wally got timestop to deal with Manhattan might be correct.

Almost all books in the picture are johns... and johns is already raping the batman comics inserting joker's parents, the flash/batman crossover was pure johns, so it's a safe bet to say he is behind the flash war too.

>Is there any chance of Wally not losing to DCs golden boy?

Not while DiDio is in charge and while Diane Nelson is allowing Our Cereal Lord to have some sway over universe-wise dictates.

>No, it will be Barry, always.
>Who the best Flash is, is debatable.

>The entire point of Wally's character is that Barry is the best and its his life's goal to live up to his example.

This is correct: and to it I would add that one of the reasons that Wally looked up to Barry is that they had the healthy relationship. Not only were they actually related, versus the relationship Bruce had with Dick or Jason, or that Ollie especially had with Roy, but they had a healthy relationship where Barry was willing to consider Wally's opinions, not just treat him as an employee, canon fodder, a protege, etc.

Wally was the one legacy that worked, not that Dick didn't have his "own" successes, but even Grayson was Dick doing something at the impetus of and behest of Bruce.

Barry has gotten one, which essentially matches the old DC Archives.

DC has a nice set of Jay's early stories that they could do a Golden Age archive but a lot of his books are in sorry shape, partially because they weren't National/Detective but All-American. It's lie those Comic Cavalcade and Sensation Comics that DC released for Diana which look pretty awful when they are compared to the quality of the GA books for Clark or Bruce.

They can do one for Jay but it hasn't been done. There are two volumes for Barry (so far) but those are Silver Age.

Yeah... why would humans be harder on their human protegees that can be killed with a bullet... Roy may be a fuck up, but they were all living in bigger danger than Wally at that age the idea the relationships should be similar is stupid.

Wally is not more powerful than Silver Age Barry. He also isn't wiser -- Barry was THE mentor. The best teacher of any of the core heroes. His entire premise is he was an amazing person and hero who did the right things.

The only thing wrong with Barry was that Eobard Thawne ruined his life because Barry was too good a hero. That's it.

>The only thing wrong with Barry was that Eobard Thawne ruined his life because Barry was too good a hero.

More like johns was totally sure that the only reason people like spiderman and batman more is dead parents.

>Is there any chance of Wally not losing to DCs golden boy?
Wally Classic will get his Nightwing name

Fucking Johns.

and Silver Age Barry is more powerful cause it was the silver age and no one gave a fuck

Barry needs to shut the fuck up and let Wally do his thing then. He is the reason why Wally lost his family.

>Wally is not more powerful than Silver Age Barry.
Read the comics. It's literally said that he is faster in "The Return of Barry Allen".

This is romanticizing it but just a little.

When Wally was forced to quit being Kid Flash because of his powers shorting out, and the time when Barry died, was a really awkward stage in comics. They were trying for realism, but they hadn't quite reached the beginning of grimdark. It was just really really boring and depressing. The moment when Wally testified Barry in court saying that Barry probably deliberately killed Zoom was purposefully sucking any sort of warmth out of their relationship. It could've been really great conflict but it was just... dull and sad.

Most of Kid Flash's appearance BEFORE that, Wally did not have much of a personality, he was just sort of there, and said catch phrases. Most of Wally's "development" (no one really had a consistent idea of his character until Mark Waid) was in Teen Titans which was melodramatic soap opera nonsense.

Mark Waid did a really great job of developing something without blatant retconning. Wally's idealization/worship of the Flash meshed really well with his first appearances as a very young teenager, and the almost reverent distance he kept between himself as the Flash and Barry's memory was a really clever way to build on the shadows of Wally's characterization, making him sympathetic and relatable, and making it easy for people to root for him.Him growing from that point to a more confident hero that could stand on his own two legs was natural and easily hands down some of the best comics I've ever read.

Waid literally turned coal to diamond with Wally West.

Barry being a super wise mentor is something that happened after he died, because he was a hero that died and stayed dead. When he was active in comics if you had asked just about anyone they would've said he was dull and boring.

This "BARRY IS FLAWLESS AND DID NOTHING WRONG" was the result of Wally's memories of him as Flash.