Why do people treat this show like it's the Bible?

Why do people treat this show like it's the Bible?

Even at its best it was a vehicle to sell ad place and worthless merchandise and toys.

Being good and selling toys are not mutually exclusive.

but bible toys suck

Nostalgia, why else? It was in that golden age with GI Joe and Transformers, and it was the same shit in all three shows. Evil plot, heroes about to lose, but the incompetent Starscream makes some ill-advised power-play, or Beast-Man fucks up some crucial detail, and the heroes are able to win and teach a lesson.

The real question you should be asking is, why doesn't THIS show get more respect?

>Why do people treat this show like it's the Bible?

Nobody does this, you fucking faggot.

Why do you believe phrasing a random statement as a question makes it any less baseless?

>motu toys, one of the best toylines ever made
>worthless
Please consider suicide user

Thundarr was fucking hype. Of all the old cartoons I want this to get a reboot the most. Post-apocalyptic science fantasy is the absolute coolest shit.

Thundarr was so much cooler, but he just didn't catch on. I think it's because He-Man had so many more heroes and villains to collect. Plus the early ones came with mini-comic books, like GI Joe had the character cards you could cut out of the back of the box. He-Man just had the master marketing machine.

>used to sell toys

Here's my problem with how emphatically and matter-of-factly this argument gets used:They didn't seem to give a shit about the toys over half the time. Either they looked neither like the actual toy nor had a good design, things there were toys of were presented really half-assedly or sometimes they even did things that made you want the toy less. The only way it really pushed toys in general was with how many episodes of the series existed. Personally I preferred eps that are mostly essentially reruns of other eps in story and nature to actual reruns.

In partial answer to your question:The art looked good.

I've never met a He-Man fan in my life. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I guess he's outraged by how media even acknowledges it existed at all, despite how much it was pushed or how successfully when it originally aired.

But that's not treating it like the Bible. If He-Man is ever mentioned, it's in two contexts:

1) 80s nostalgia
2) Acknowledging that it's cheesy toy selling schlock

It isn't treated sacred, it's a dumb old cartoon that sometimes gets mentioned for nostalgia.

Stinkor was one of the greatest shelf-warmers ever known. Years after He-man ended you could still find him at Toys R Us.

If a family was rich enough, they got it for the novelty value of the spray function. Did he ever appear in the show before the 2000s series, or anywhere other than the toy lines before then?

Stinkor and fucking Mech-A-Neck. What kind of useless bullshit is that? "Oooh, look at me, I'm a fucking cyborg giraffe!"

Never underestimate childrens' willingness to buy a toy because of a gimmick or flashier looks.

On a very slightly less related note, I was kinda impressed with how the 2000s show handled both characters.

False starting point. Why do redddittors do this?

Haha, great joke.

love me some smart ass, milk chocolate, glass cannon, with a weakness for bondage and a habit of explaining things that would otherwise make no sense at all.

Why do people see the same copypasta every other day and still take it at face value?

Because both are full of valuable life-lessons and teach a moral code to live by?

They don't do that with the show that much from what I've seen, they do it with an obscure toy minicomic with mediocre to OK stories.

There was a guy in another thread sperging how genius that comic was because it had a dystopian setting and Lovecraftian monsters, but honestly it was a bunch of BS. At the end of the day it's a comic that has a guy named Fisto.

I agree Thundarr was pretty fun

Generally the MOTU mini comics were better than the cartoon. There was also a comic book mini series in 1982, pubblished by DC that was also good. But in terms of story, characterizations, the 2002's MOTU animated series, the comics from the same time period, the Classics miini comics, and the most recent comics are really good.

>can't tell if wanting genuine discussion or copy pasta faggotry.

I dont believe you, stinkor is one of the most beloved figures now

Am I the only one who liked the reboot more than the original series? It seems like the 80s one is more "MUH NOSTALGIA" than the 2000s one, yet the 2000s one was actually badass, despite being a toy commercial

No, I agree that the Reboot is superior, not only in being badass, but in terms of storybuilding.

Sometimes I wish Bionicle got a cartoon that aired on tv instead of Ninjago, or at least for the reboot

Thundarr's character design wasn't quite as cool as He-Man's, but he hit right in the middle of Star Wars (lightsabers= Sun Sword), Conan the Barbarian, and maybe Beastmaster (cool monster pet).

With a redesign and a re-naming (c'mon, calling a character "Thundarr" today just isn't swinging nuts like it used to), you could still keep the same three core heroes, build up the setting, and give homage to the original so fans know what you're talking about and that you're trying to reboot, update, and still respect the original characters and setting.

That's because he was the only toy parents could find for kids late to the show.

Matter o' fact, you could cross it over with some other 80's post-apocalyptic fantasy/ sci-fi. The whole world was a wasteland filled with magic and technology. You could basically create a Thundarr the Barbarian, on a planet where the Lock-Naar from Heavy Metal had already laid waste. It would make sense in the context of both series.

>why doesn't THIS show get more respect?
it was too short and couldn't develop the lore before Hanna Barbera dropped it.

If someone rebooted it on Adult Swim, it would be well-received. Look at the fan reaction to Korgath, a one-shot pilot that didn't have a lightsaber, just a bad-as-fuck hero with some thieves getting butchered and some fine-ass titties.

THIS pasta is back?

Adult Swim would be a good vehicle for a reboot. They green-light all sorts of experimental stuff for a season or two, give new artists and writers a shot. That's a fucking a good idea. Somebody should pitch that in Atlanta.

While we're at it, quit being a dick to Brendan Small, he got kinda' dicked out of a final season of Metalocalypse. Can you picture Thundarr, on a planet destroyed by the Lock-Naar, with a soundtrack by DethKlok?!? I would piss myself with glee!

That would separate Thundarr from the goody-two-shoes He-Man IP, make it a completely separate thing, and so much more fun for fans that grew up on both and ended up on the post-apocalyptic/ heavy metal/ barbarism end of things.

This

It wasn't marketed as well. In the beginning, it was only shown on Saturday mornings while He-Man was shown every weekday and was on a lot more channels.

>(cool monster pet)
>pet
Thats pretty racist user

It’s faggotry user
It’s always faggotry

retards and newfags