Why is that?

why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

thecenternetwork.com/forumarchivev5/index.php?showtopic=2604
youtu.be/ZMEHyrfoa7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anime attracts those without taste

>great animation, completely different story direction.
>sub par movies, cartoons, comics

Does Cyborg do anything interest?

>same cyborg
Not at all.

People don't read comics.

Ones a super sexy Asian cyborg with a mysterious past and a uncertain future wrapped up in an "I cant fail" package.

The othBOYAHHHHHHHH

Cyborgs are popular in America. Cyborg on the other hand is not popular because he's a shit character.

Because only the most popular things tend to be exported culturally? It's not like any of the other titans are ultra popular in Japan. Or anywhere really.

Cyborg has only be culturally relevant once, in the 2003 cartoon, and even then, he still wasn't really particularly popular- of the whole team, he was probably dead last in popularity. I'll never understand why DC thought they could push him as some kind of Justice League level A-Lister when he couldn't even flourish on a B-List team.

>wrapped up in an "I cant fail" package.
he fails multiple times tho.

Genos is almost like the second main character of One Punch Man the moment he got introduced, he is also a pretty boy with homoerotic subtext that girl fans can latch onto and has amazing fight scenes

cyborg is a black dude with attitude, that's all i remember from him

He doesn't look enough like a cyborg, it just looks like he is wearing armor.

In the West, we believe capacity is limited to the robot. In the East, the robot is only an extension of the capacity in the man.

Let's compare, shall we?

Depends on how you gauge popularity. Is Genos popular for japan or for japanese readers of ine punch man? We're making the classic weeb mistake here, assuming all of Japan keep up with manga and anime.

Genos is a side character from a genuinely funny property who plays semi straight man to sitama. He's memorable and likeable because he's funny, and the show gives him a developed personality.

Cyborg is a DC branding exercise I've seen in just about every ensemble property since I was 2. The only character traits I've ever seen him have are, black and, chrome.

>second fiddle and constantly jobs

>founding member of the justice league, has his own comic, very popular thanks to a cartoon that came out 15 years ago, keeps getting more and more overpowered in every story

Typical bait thread but I'll praise my nigga whenever I get the chance.

come on, at least be fair and show a animated version

I think he meant "I do not have the option of failing" as opposed to "it's not possible for me to fail"

Well I think it's pretty obvious who the better cyborg is.

In Japan, cyborg is friend of justice.

>why is that?

Genos has personality, might want Saitama to fuck him, and is both super gorgeous and aesthetic- they put EFFORT all his various cylinders, mechas, gears, bits, etc.
He does a cute little steam burp after firing a huge laser, he has a fun design.

Cyborg is a black college student who goes 'booya', likes the vidya, and the only reason anybody knows about him is the Teen Titans cartoon where he was allowed to be a person.

>I've seen in just about every ensemble property since I was 2.
You have to be 18+ to use Sup Forums.

I can't fail attitude*. He's had his body remade so many times and he keep coming back from defeat

rewrite Cyborg to make him not lame as shit

>Son of science hippies who met in the salvation army
>Mom was a civil engineer
>Dad is super scientist
>He never had much interest in science, was always more of a jock kid
>Dad always tried to encourage him to be more academic
>Mom tried to be more supportive, went to his games
>Mom dies in car accident on the way to one of his football games his freshmen year in highschool
>father and son both devastated
>huge gulf between them now
>looking for direction, Cyborg enlists in the military
>Dad is furious because pacifist
>drives wedge even further
>Cyborg serves over-seas in the gulf war, see's some shit, makes friends with a guy
>His friend gets injured by an IED and sent home. Cyborg is bummed, but his friend is alive
>Tour of duty ends
>Cyborg goes home to try and patch things up with dad
>Still huge distance between them, gets job as security consultant at Star Labs where his dad works due to his military experience
>Terrorist attack led by Cyborgs old friend in the military for plot reasons causes horrible accident, Cyborg gets engulfed in the grey goo saving his fathers life
>Guilt stricken, father refuses to let his son die
>grafts his son's body to life support technology and a disaster area rescue suit he was working on
>Cyborg lives, is horrified by what he's become
>Him and dad on the rocks
>But now he's driven to find out what happened to his friend
>exo-armor designed by his dad to rescue people from mine cave in's and collapsed buildings very useful in this
>constant tug of war between them as Cyborg wants to add weapons and his dad refuses
>His sonic blaster is actually a drill, meant to boar through rubble and stone
>he uses it as a less than lethal weapon

>might want Saitama to fuck him
>""""might""""
why do you think he wants to be strong? its because Saitama keeps failing to notice his advances and wants to to be strong enough to pin him and ride him for all he's worth

I thought he wanted to be strong so he could be durable enough to SURVIVE Saitama fucking him

>He's had his body remade so many times and he keep coming back from defeat

So... Cyborg? He got multiverse awareness and teleporting powers in Metal. That goes along with tapping into all electronics, ability to turn his body into a real one, and various energy weapons that can tear open space.

>clearly never read any comic with Cyborg in it, doesn't even know his origin.
>here's how we fix him.

>Genos has personality
Stop right there, or I’ll have to report you.

I hate anime but I like Genos and One Punch Man.

i kinda implied that with the "be strong to pin him and fuck him"

>assuming anyone could ever survive the One-Thrust Man
Not even the loli esper could and she's like magical and shit.
Could blast?

>asian

Genos is a twink that gets panties moist. Meanwhile, Cyborg is a nig and BLACKED really is a meme.

>clearly doesn't know cyborgs origin
>even though I pretty much just blatantly repeated his fucking classic origin + a stint in the military

>blonde
>asian
I bet you're one of those retards who still think naruto is not white even though the creator already said both he and sakura are fully white.

The body upgrades aren't leaps and bounds. It's all incremental. Only recently did he get reattachable limbs after being turn apart time to time and he always questions what is true power. Genos has gone from fire power to more firepower to more mobility and so forth. It all sticks to a general theme of progression through failure

>Thinks that this somehow changes the character completely

Citation? Never heard that before

COMPETITION.

Cyborg has a lot of characters from the same franchise better than him. Genos doesn't.

it provides a motivational bridge between "I got horribly mangled" and "time to be a superhero now"

>hair color decides race
His eyes are also black and yellow. Nothing apart from his mind is organic. His hair is literally a wig. How fucking stupid are you?

His classic origin involves horrors from beyond the stars ripping him and his mother apart. Fuck the wounded warrior angle, Cyborg was meant to be
Outer god killing biomachine.
>like the squidder

Saitaima and Genos are the only ship I really give a shit about and would actually be okay if ONE was insane and had them be boyfriends.

They're a cute couple and I want Saitaima to FUCK GENOS.

He still doesn't look asian, like almost every anime character.

Trying to follow the story of a particular character in western comics is fucking annoying. They're constantly being handed over to different writers, having their character arcs reset, their origins retconned, their designs changed to the point of being unrecognisable, being cancelled mid-story, all kinds of shit.
Meanwhile following the story of a specific character in manga is as simple as reading the one manga they're in, and maybe a couple of spin-offs if they exist. It's far less complicated on the whole.

That's gay as fuck nigga.

>SJ: If an American Naruto live-action film ever got made, who do you see playing Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke?

>KM: Naruto has blue eyes and blond hair, so any child actor in America could play him. Maybe Sasuke would be someone Japanese-American, and Sakura, someone European. I'm not all that familiar with the names of child actors. I only remember Dakota Fanning... [laughs] I love movies and know actors' faces, but not the names.

thecenternetwork.com/forumarchivev5/index.php?showtopic=2604

He's now capable of accessing the multiverse and able to teleport anybody anywhere. He has complete control over his body to the point where he can change the structure to resemble that of a real human. His power source is New God technology. He can control any machine he wants and even assimilate it if he wanted to.

The downside is that he's too powerful and many of his abilities are forgotten.

Cyborg and Raven are buds again?Cyborg being part of the Titans is canon now?

I assume they wanted some sort of pseudo Iron-Man? Not even sure that sounds like a believable excuse, wasn't his cg kind of shit?
youtu.be/ZMEHyrfoa7w

>only in new 52, comic got cancelled today, not even that popular, that last point isn't necessarily a good thing
were you even trying

nothing of that statement states that Naruto is suppose to be of Caucasian ethnicity, he is just explaining how it would work in an AMERICAN adaption of Naruto.

And you probably think Superalloy Darkshine is black. You need some free healthcare so you can get some glasses

Well, pitting him as technology man against mysterious beyonder elder god beings would be different, at least; it'd put him in the company of heroes like Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Constantine, etc. And of course, link him and Raven

ok, Cosmic Horror Hunter isn't a bad angle.

>literally saying that Sasuke should be nippon instead of some white dude with black hair and not white like everyone else
>saying that Sakura should be european
What? That statement clearly says the characters races, why the fuck Sasuke couldn't be a white guy with black hair?Because he's actually asian unlike Naruto and Sakura.

I didn't even know who the top guy was until this thread.
Now, Vic Stone on the other hand....

>nothing of that statement states that Naruto is suppose to be of Caucasian ethnicity
In anons mind it does. He connects dots that arent even there

They pushed him because they needed a black guy on the team and Geoff Johns wanted Hal jordan to be the green lantern.

All that stuff still puts him over Genos.

>one is in a manga that will be lucky if it lasts a few more years then will be forgotten when it's over

>another has been around for decades, in various forms of media, and will continue to be used for decades to come

Actors you dipshit. You really think Major from GitS is white because scarjo played her? I bet you think the human torch is black too?

I he can change most of his body to machine then he can use a wig or dye his hair m8

the first iron man is still the best in that regard

>literally saying that Sasuke should be nippon
actually his words are "japanese-american" and that from an american production.

again, this is just in case of an american adaption of Naruto, not the original work.

Are you retarded?

>he's choosing the ideal looking actors at random lel
>Sasuke being asian instead of white for no reason
trying too hard

>n american adaption of Naruto
no
NO
PLEASE GOD
NO
NON
NONO
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What they can't have more than one human green lantern?

>one is in a manga that will be lucky if it lasts a few more years then will be forgotten when it's over

oh yes, one of the top selling manga that already had an anime adaption and has another one coming this year with years of original webcomic material to cover "is lucky to have a few more years"

nice baiting, here's your (you)

And that's still nothing compared to Cyborg.

What is it with weebs bringing their flavor of the week against cape characters?

>then will be forgotten

people barely know who the fuck Cyborg is anyway

TT and TTG made sure that 2 generations of kids know who he is, he was part of Justice League and will be part of TTG movie

People know who he is very well

And the teen titans was just Raven choosing a team that could actually kill her dad.

You're fucking retarded. Few anime characters have asian features though they are japanese.

See now you're just lying.

I would read that.

How is that good or in favor of DC?

DC does nothing but milk the same franchises and characters over and over again. The fact that Cyborg will probably be milked even after our lifetime is not a feat in any way or shape.

OPM has many years of material (especially considering how slow the manga and anime move compared to the webcomic) and it's made by a talented and beloved mangaka. Hell, One is so good at storytelling and panels that OPM is interesting by itself even without Murata's art.

That means Cyborg will be here long after OPM is done. Cyborg is a 30 year character and despite what people would in this thread like to tell you, he did stay in the spotlight. Cyborg got longevity.

Because OPM anime is amazingly well crafted and we can see all the crazy shit wed want to see a cyborg do in that series.
With DC Cyborg, not so much. I still think he's pretty neat compared to what else DC gives us, though.

OPM will eventually end and that will be that. Meanwhile DC characters appear in dozens of comics every year and many of them are amazing. Both have their successes. It just depends on your preferences.

If you see comics as publishers milking their franchises, then why are you arguing this on Sup Forums?

I enjoy DC comics, I know that sounds shocking hearing that from an user on this board of all places.

Japanese Cyborg constantly does cool shit and strives to be a hero multiple times putting himself in the way of danger to save people.

American Cyborg does cool stuff occasionally but mostly moans about how being a cyborg sucks and sits around on the watchtower doing nothing.

Again, the fact that Cyborg will still be used in comics is not a feat because they reuse and reboot their franchises all the time. That's part of their business model.

Sales? Comics aren't doing so well.

>why are you arguing this in Sup Forums
Because Sup Forums is way more than DC/Marvel comics.

He can be pretty awesome.

>what about sales
Who gives a shit about sales? Cyborg first of all is more recognizable than Genos and he's gonna outlast him so who gives a shit of his solo title didn't do so well?

One provides entertainment, the other does not.
Simple as that.

OH NO NO NO

The comparison is rather unfair. Genos is a comedy character who is part of a comedy-based show.

Meanwhile Cyborg has to pull the serious character sthick

That being said: Do niggas who care about race even read comics?

I'm not shitposting or baiting here, I'm genuinely curious.
Of course black people and children read comics, it is as valid to their interest as it is to everyone else's.
Of course people would like someone they can relate to in some level, and having the same race is the easiest step forward this goal, without making any actual commitments about their character

But do the majority of the negro audience care about such things? Like I look at fighting games and out of the shitton of black peple who play them they almost never pick the black characters. I look at movies, and aside from some entitled feminist online, no one complains if there are no black people in the leading role.

I can imagine some asshats complaining as always, but I don't think they are large consumers, or target audiences to begin with.
But at least Cyborg has always been black, and he haven't been washed.

You do realize that Cyborg was added in the 80s to the Superfriends cartoon, right?

So he had already been part of the Justice League team in a ore mainstream medium before.

He was a Junior Member, like Robin. That meant jack shit.

Still good enough to have him figure Darkseid with the rest of them.

Superalloy Darkshine is asian and only got that way through intense training. It feels like a bit of a joke on Ronnie Coleman, like Baki's Olivia Biscuit.

>Do niggas who care about race even read comics?
Manga is more popular with black people than comics, so they're probably more familiar with Genos than Cyborg.

>beating the mat while looking at dat ass
How did they get away with it?

>Like I look at fighting games and out of the shitton of black peple who play them they almost never pick the black characters.

Thats mostly because the black characters tend to be underwhelming compared to everyone else. They are never beginner friendly characters or characters with attractive archetypes. When I could play a Martial master struggling with his dark side or a an Air Force Pilot seeking to avenge his friend, why would I want to play some boxing flunky who can never hold onto his money? Or a mud hut African princess who wants to be everyone's friend? Black characters in fighters just tend to have the least thought put into them.

And just because people are generally fine with enjoying characters that don't look like them, that doens't mean they don't care about having those characters. In the case of Japanese works, most acknowledge that its from a country that has less than .1% of black people in it so no real point in complaining.

No one gives a shit about comic Cyborg. He's mostly known from TT cartoons.