What made the inclusion of minorities and general PC posture in old shows so much less hated than it is now?

What made the inclusion of minorities and general PC posture in old shows so much less hated than it is now?

It used to just be a joke, but now they want to be taken seriously.

A fanfare of "look how multicultural" we are with a mix of "fuck white people" wasn't done every time one of these characters were introduced. They also didn't take the place of existing characters in an obviously racist move as they know the character wouldn't be able to stand on their own without stealing the brand recognition of another.

For example: The Blade movie. Race didn't come into it the first time I saw it all I was watching was a cool as fuck dude fuck up some vamps. Black Panther? I have no interest because all they've done is masturbate the whole black angle while shitting on white culture.

In short. shit was more progressive back then that it is today.

It helps that these were original characters, rather than replacements of established ones (alto Black Vulcan was really just a slightly tweaked Black Lightning)
Also the fact that they did not insist that whiteness is an inherent deadly sin.

>being this easily butthurt

Stating fact is butthurt? why the fuck would I bother with a film when it spent the past year insulting me? who the fuck would do that?

this right here
my favourite character back in the day was old school blaxploitation luck cage, sweet christmas!!

DC already had an electricity-based black superhero. Why didn't they use him on the show instead of creating Black Vulcan?

Whiney white boys perceive it as a threat so even one person of color is a problem even if it's less forward than it was in the 80s.

Not true

>Black Panther? I have no interest because all they've done is masturbate the whole black angle while shitting on white culture.

Dude, Black Panther looks cool and where does it shits on "white culture" come from? Wakanda has always been portrayed as technological advance.

I'm all for being against stupid sjw shit but there's nothing wrong with Black Panther.

How has the film insultes you user? Too many blacks or too little white?

Apparently he was originally meant to be Black Lightning, but the TV execs thought he was too edgy

Have you both not followed a single thing about the film? at all? get onto google and do some revision before posting.

bitch, I em white and I think picture related was epic

Be an epic hero, not a tumblrina's mouthpeace

Those designs and names are super racist though

but not their powers

also, how is Black Vulcan's design racist?

bruv. I watched the trailer, that's all that matters to me when deciding to go see a film.

Then you shouldn't be commenting on shit you don't know anything about. It makes you look silly user.

look at this racist filth. His out fit is so racist, wearing a flag of his country which has ties to culture. fucking filth.

Black and yellow

it's a movie about a dude from a made up, high-tech kingdom in Africa going around doing super hero shit. Please explain how this single film is trying to destroy "whiteness".

pic related would be a better example

I wish we would stop having these threads because it's obvious all of you have the critical thinking skills of a toddler

I think his point is that the film and other things like it (Luke Cage) are pandering to african american audiences by having a mostly black cast while being promoted with "black music" and stuff.

I don't get it

fair point.

BECAUSE IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE, YOU DUMB FUCK, IT'S ABOUT POLITICS

but where is it "shitting on white culture"?
And another thing Black Panther was made by a white jewish dude.

"Diversity done right" just means that the Californians will like it. Even if it is accurate or actually evocative of the society in question or if the people depicted actually like it.

Like that bit of drama last year over Mario wearing a Mexican hat from those Mexican desert skeletons.

Not saying that the characters are racist, but who made them were at least lazy in the making of them

>but where is it "shitting on white culture"?
probably because it's not showing white culture as much or showing it as inferior to black culture (in that user's eyes).

There was a Trump supporter that was interviewed a few months ago that complained about how diversity was being "shoved down her throat" so my guess is that there's more diverse representation in media overall now (more non-white people in commercials, etc) so people of a certain mind set feel put upon and lash out at it whenever it happens.

Though I think the "replacing white characters" is also a fair point. Did anyone care when War Machine filled in for Iron Man?

It was hated back then. Nobody wanted to be El Dorado or Samurai for Halloween. If anything, it was hated more back then than now, since shit like Uhura kissing Kirk or seeing black kids on Sesame Street led to those shows not airing in rural counties. Whereas now, the only people who give a shit about two guys kissing in a children's cartoon are pussies on the internet.

>Those designs and names are super racist though

if you're the same user, you literally just said Their names and designs were racist.

>probably because it's not showing white culture as much or showing it as inferior to black culture (in that user's eyes).

I agree with this sentiment, just because media doesn't show every culture under the sun doesn't mean it's shitting on any one other culture.

some of it is the manchild attitude (you've ruined what i've like. stop it.) but largely, it's the way it's being handled. replacing iconic characters, stark --> riri, banner --> cho, shafts older fans. pic related is how it should be done.

What were their powers?
Also where's the polynesian, indian, inuit and middle eastern super heros? Don't tell me you're against diversity

More like you and others have let dumbass SJWs make you so insecure and angry that you immediately associate certain things to be shitting on white culture even when it isnt. That's what too much exposure to social media and both sides of this retarded culture war does. This is exactly what Chamath Palihapitiya was talking about.

That CEO

because shock horror most people dont give a flying fuck about gender or race, i think that counts even more for comic fans, if comic fans were so racist why was the blade film so successful, if comic fans are so sexist why was wonder woman a hit,
most comic fans want good stories and cool characters not feminist liberal shit rammed down their throat they also dont like to be called horrible things like sexist and racist

that's rather poor reasoning because normies can go watch movies and probably will if it's a hero that they either know/an actor they like/a story that appeals to them.

Apache Chief - could grow giant
Black Vulcan - electric powers
Samurai - could control the wind
El Dorado - basically the same powers as Green Lantern, but he did not need a ring

To fuck over Tony Isabela and deny him royalties.

exactly most people really care about a actors gender or race, if he or she is a good actor or well liked

dont care sorry i missed a word

I'm sure there was some grumbling, but honestly nearly every hero you can name has had a legacy replacement of various backgrounds and cultures at this point. A lot of people who complain either don't know or have forgotten that.

The current crop of awful writers don't make it easier either. Half of these new characters wouldn't be bad if the execution wasn't so shitty.

pretty much this
people have become paranoid to the extent of seeing SJWs everywhere

I want to know why you are so been out of shape about it. How is me looking it up going to reveal your thoughts and feeling? How does this affect you?