Thanos vs Darkseid. Who Wins?

Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet > Darkseid > Thanos

Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet is pretty obviously broken. He can only lose if he wills himself to lose. Without it, I would put Darkseid over Thanos as Darkseid has an entire planet and other New Gods at his disposal, many of which nearly match Superman in strength, as well as the Omega Beam and Omega Sanction. Thanos might have his own empire at his disposal as well, but it's hard to think how well they would go up against the legions of Apokolips.

Not sure how powerful Darkseid w/ Anti-Life Equation would be though, especially in comparison to the Infinity Gauntlet.

Superman conquered Apokolips various times. Why wouldn't Thanos do it, he's much powerful and has an army?

Thanos because he's the hero in this story.

My money's on the primordial cosmic horror that is literally a pyre embodiment of Tyrannical Evil, who very nearly dragged the entire Multiverse kicking and screaming down with him into Hell.

>Omega Sanction
The one that took Batman back in time?

It doesn't seem such a big deal

It kills you and revives you many times though the centuries, until you reach the moment you got sanctioned just to die permanently.

I say it is a big deal.

Probably Darkseid, not because he is more powerful, but because he has a reason to win. Thanos never act to his alone, he always did it for someone else. While Darkseid is the apex predator who conquers to his own.
Darkseid has a bigger motivation, probably because he is the personification of his own evil drive. Thanos is not a force, he is a person with doubts and failings.

Does Darkseid have anything to counter the thanos-copter?

I think in a straight brawl Darksied would probably lose. But if you give him prep-time he would win. Thanos is strong as shit, probably stronger than Supes, his weakness is his poor organizational and planning skills. The good guys fucking beat him when he had the infinity gauntlet, the literal "I WIN" button, because he didn't use his power to see ahead to avoid his defeat.

Leave Thanos to me

Your couch.

He takes the Thanos copter to take Dionne to McDonald's where he serves him something to eat, and meanwhile Thanos eats Darkseid steals his sofa.
And we all know that Darkseid on a sofa is much more powerful than Thanos with the infinity gauntlet.

>The duel between Thanos and Darksied is just a sunday drive to Mcdonalds and then lounging around in the front room.

True Darkseid > IG Thanos > Darkseid > Thanos

A better question would be: Could the Marvel heroes defeat Darkseid with the IG the way they beat Dione?

You forgot the part where he had the Hyper Adapter chasing after him, ready to destroy the universe when he reached present day.

True Darksied is the ultimate concept of villainy though.

Which means through narrative, he loses.

Thanos doesn't have the raw power/hax to even compete with Darkseid whatsoever. Even Darkseid's merest avatars are capable of creating whole universes tailor-made to torture his foes for all eternity. If Thanos doesnt have the Infinity Gauntlet on him, then he's going to dieVERY quickly.

Darkseid has an army of Parademons. Does Thanos have an army?

>It doesn't seem such a big deal

Earth-33 is still dealing with DC Metal as we speak.

He used to have one in the 70's.

Leave everyone to me

Man, he could wreck the Marvel characters' asses, aside from LT. I think he can take on the Beyonder or Molecule Man, too.

FBPB. As...questionable as Secret Wars was, if the Infinity Gauntlet now scales up to holding it's own against ALL THE BEYONDERS' POWERS in Doom's hands until he just decides to break the thing, then I'm willing to believe it can do something about Final Form 'Seid.

On the other hand... is right that Darkseid just plain has a shitton more morale than Thanos ever did.

What I want to know though, is how long either would last against pic related. He decided he needed to conserve his power against Fenris who destroyed the throne when powered up by the multiverse dying from YHVH removing his name, and the New Gods are supposed to be stronger than the old right? But then I dunno how much Vertigo is meant to map onto modern DC, other than Dream apparently noticed Barbatos' fuckery was ruining his library recently.

>the ultimate concept of villainy

Isn't that like...Mandrakk or some shit now?

THE Beyonder maybe, but the Beyonders collectively wiped out all the Cosmic Abstracts and gestalt MM was both created by them and capabl eof blowing THEM up. I wouldn't bet against him.

why does anyone like this kind of 100% pure distilled plot convenience garbage

Thanos cant even scratch Odin. Teen Darkseid killed Zeus

Aren't galaxies or something in danger of colapsing if just Darkseid is in them, and thats why he sends his avatars? Because he's just too poweful.

I'm pretty sure Thanos is gonna get a red ass.

>t. Butthurt Morrison-Hating Sup Forumsntrarian
Sorry that this specific story isn't attuned to your Oh so special tastes, friend

Yeah, DC powerscales it's major villains way faster than Marvel. It still baffles me Mr. Miracle and Barda are technically the same species as that fucker, when I could easily believe fucking THOR could lay them out.

And Orion isn't exactly a universe squishing cosmic fuckpit either, it's just Darkseid powerleveled super high because reasons. Hell, logically shouldn't New Genesis be super OP if they can stalemate him?

How powerful IS DC Zeus anyway? Every time he comes up, he's always jobbing.

Not that Marvel deity powerscaling is any less confusing. Odin temporarily knocked himself out headbutting Galactus, but apparently Hera and a few god friends made their own universe that one time.

You're retarded.

>being this stupid.

DC Zeus isn't the same as Marvel Zeus.
Darkseid couldn't do shit to Galactus. Whenever Odin fights Big G it at least is a fight.

Odin is powerful almost as Galactus, Zeus is a pussy.

>It still baffles me Mr. Miracle and Barda are technically the same species as that fucker

No different than say Storm and Beast being the same species (Homo superior).

Darkseid is a God among the New Gods.

Darksied gets beaten up by Superman.
Thanos solo'd the annihilators. Thanos wins big on this one.

>No different than say Storm and Beast being the same species

yeah, like negroes being in the same species as white people.

I guess, it's just after the I KILL THE MULTIVERSE WITH MY FUCKING DEATH shit, I just cannot fathom New Genesis ever having posed a threat to him.

At least recent Marvel lampshades this sort of shit with the "god of gods" title that gets thrown around at times. Remember that time Thor absorbed a multiversal god-killing bomb after every god ever fucking really Aaron? prayed to him, and that other time Hercules went around snorting magic artifacts, got powerful enough to brawl with Amatsu-Mikaboshi for a while and spent it all to heal the entire multiverse from A-M's rampage?

Galactus could probably fuck up the avatars, but I'm pretty sure even fed he can't shatter the whole multiverse by himself.

The avatars are Darkseid's fleshy god versions of Doombots, apparently.

This. People in this thread are retarded.
They love Darkseid and hate Thanos.
And the avatars of Darkseid is a retarded excuse to justify why he jobs so much.

Nice argument there.

Hey, I don't hate Thanos. It's just, to me he really comes across as the Mr. Bean of universal conquerers sometimes.

Also to be fair he tends to rely on tech, cosmic and artifacts to secure a position dominance over the cosmos. When he just goes in guns blazing by himself, he can be run out of town by the Avengers. Whereas in many recent stories Darkseid IS a big, serious threat just by virtue of being himself.

Do I really have to argue? Your post is stupid. You say true darkseid beats ig thanos without knowing shit.
Darkseid is a fucking jobber. Thanos beats him easily.

>Avatars
>B-but the REAL Darkseid that's never featured or relevant is super strong guys
God, shut up.

>he tends to rely on techs etc...
It doesn't mean nothing

Thanos jobs beacuse shitty writing.
Darkseid I don't know because he mobbed so much to superman it seems the norm.

>he loses through narrative
depending on the writer.

As someone who does think Thanos could beat Darkseid with the IG, glass windows and houses.

Look, would it help to think of Darkseid as the Superman to Thanos' Batman? Because that's how I see them. There's this cosmic force (which yes, CAN be beaten up, but is presented as a cosmic threat unto himself by virtue of raw might), and there's this omnidisciplinary wunderkind so resourceful actual cosmic entities rely on his services even after he beat them.

user, the question was "Thanos vs Darkseid" not "Thanos vs The version of Darkseid you would prefer to fight Thanos". Please don't insult the facts by being a blatent hypocrite when it comes to Thanos fanboyism.

And look, if you're going to blame shitty writing than nobody, NOBODY in this thread is going to come out looking good.

reminder, that thanos can't use the ig on apokolips, or anywhere on the dc-verse, really

I did remember, I was just trying to be fair and assumed some inexplicable mutual level playing field. Actually is there any reason the Anti-Life Equation couldn't work in Marvel? Never could keep track of what it is, somehow we went from a thing that gets rid of free will to basically an evil Odinforce.

Darkseid doesnt die if his body is destroyed so id say Darkseid wins

Darkseid has already won. Marvel is his. It began with Kid Miracleman's Tiger Eyes.

>user, the question was "Thanos vs Darkseid" not "Thanos vs The version of Darkseid you would prefer to fight Thanos". Please don't insult the facts by being a blatent hypocrite when it comes to Thanos fanboyism.
I fucking hate Thanos. I just figure these things should be between characters who actually show up and have done shit instead of irrelevant abstract concepts.
I guess it helps you sleep better when knowing you can always add a "but" when you see your favorite bad guy being weak.

Darkseid still loses the actual fight an Thanos literally cannot die.

>Marvelfag trying to downplay Darkseid/DC in general despite EVERY SINGLE FEAT relating to said characters proving him beyond wrong
Like Fucking Pottery

Darkseid vs Stairs
Who wins?

>thanos vs darkseid
It means thanos vs the version of darkseid we saw most, not the retarded true version of darkseid we know nothing about that tries to justify the jobbing darkseid got.

And thanos wins, he beat the elders of the universe pretty easily.

Do you know who is the true Darkseid or what he can do?

Fucking stupid. Go read some comics.

What can he do?

"true" Darkseid probably jobs even harder given that's Darkseid's major trait as a villain.

Kys, retard. The feats prove darkseid is a jobber and thanos wins.

Shit like corrupt the entirety of the Orrery Of Worlds in Its death throes for one.

>I just figure these things should be between characters who actually show up and have done shit instead of irrelevant abstract concepts

...how do you figure things that were actually plot points in comics are "irrelevant abstract concepts"? And why the hell do you keep thinking I have a favorite, I literally SAID with the IG I think Thanos has the advantage in a direct conflict.

>It means thanos vs the version of darkseid we saw most

And yet it says so nowhere in the OP.

I was going to find the one about 'seid's corpse destroying the multiverse, but on second thought here's New 52 Darkseid crushing a universe.

I'm pretty sure losing to Superman isn't that big of a loss Supermans presence alone makes villains job.

We know nothing about true darkseid, idiot. Tell me what he can do and in which comics was shown, retard.

But since you already did it, might as well add this.

>The feats

Funny how I've actually been acknowledging more Thanos than the people raging on behalf of Thanos.

>YEEOW

Darkseid crushes a universe yet still jobs to superman and can't deafeat the justice league. That's dumb.

Here's some more feats for you.

Isn't that now very literal because of Morrison getting all up inside his ass, that there's this giant abstract conceptual Superman powered by the Trinity that's the idea of the hero that can always win?

Thanos pines over a woman so hard he can't keep a grip on phenomenal cosmic power. All comics are dumb.

Seriously though, nobody going to hazard a guess at how well Darkseid would do against Lucifer?

Then why did he job to superman?

What is happening in that page? If this proves darkseid is powerful and should beat Thanos then why did he job to superman?

Lucifer wins, every time. Lucifer is a being who is only a few steps below the Presence in terms of raw power. In fact, Lucifer has been past the Source All (the very thing that Darkseid tries over and over again to breach), and has personally gazed upon the power lying behind it. He didn't even bat a fucking eyelash, and he went on his way. Lucifer is in his own league entirely.

Darkseid no contest.

I actually sympthaise with the thanosfags not being able to wrap their minds around Superman winning so much. I have to admit, there's a certian point where the Kryptonians should have just become the Celestials of DC with how many asspulls that boy scout gets-in the more serious series-that are supposed to just be pure physical performance.

Without metafictional/cosmic imbalance induced godhood powerups, that is.

Oh, well. I was at least hoping for an interesting conflict given Fenris (who could smash the infinite Throne of Heaven in the shape of a rock) DID concern him enough to hold back his full power for a while.

I do sometimes wish a series-handled VERY CAREFULLY-would pit the old Vertigo heavyweights against Morrison's metafictional menaces like Mandrakk and the Empty Hand. Now that the shitty gobbo ((Presence)) has been confirmed to not actually be the Presence, I also REALLY hope they handwave the dumb shit in the sequel series as an Empty Hand invasion

Seriously, how did New Genesis EVER stalemate this?!

No other new god comes close to Superman in strength.. Majrity of them are totally non powered humans that have some nifty gadgets that help out. But only a few New Gods actually have superpowers

Because it finally turned their weird gimmick villains who were always stated to be the big bads of the setting, but never ever came close to showing it in any way shape or form, into the big bads fans always claimed they were in every vs thread in the history of the internet.

Darkseid jobs to doomsday, Thanos wouldn't.

>Oh, well. I was at least hoping for an interesting conflict given Fenris (who could smash the infinite Throne of Heaven in the shape of a rock) DID concern him enough to hold back his full power for a while.
There are a few beings that could certainly pose a threat to him (The Gentry/Empty Hand as you mentioned), but Darkseid doesn't really have the power to match him even remotely. Even The Endless tread warily around Lucifer.

>Seriously, how did New Genesis EVER stalemate this?!
Likely because the True Highfather is probably roughly on par with True Darkseid. It's also likely that Nights that keeps Darkseid in check whilst the forces of New Genesis combat his Minions.

Yeah, not evern wrong here.

>tfw Darkseid was supposed to be a paper tiger that was all talk no show
>tfw writers bought the hype

Though Thanos is just as guilty of getting free writerjobs.

That's a shard of Darkseid not Darkseid. The real Darkseid exist outside the Multiverse and is the embodiment of evil. Thanos would get shit on by him.

Think of it in terms of the real Darkseid is the frame and the physical versions are the mirror that breaks across the Multiverse.

>Thanos solos guys who are about as strong as Aquaman

Nice try Marvelfag but DC characters go WAY beyond 100tons in strength class. Low level metas are stronger than Marvel's best

I feel that should also be the case for Highfather, Spenta Mainyu to Darkseid's Ahriman.

Darkseid's eye beams are a technology based on element X that he needs to recharge every so often, it's not natural to him.

Everything else down to mother boxes are technology that siphons power from the source wall

That's true, the example of Fenris mainly stands out because Fenris got smart and possesed Michael while him and Lucy were both weakened from coming near a/the World Tree.

And because if the whole thing about New Gods being stronger than Old Gods were meant in reference to Vertigo's Old Gods, they'd fall far short of the hype. I remember ODIN showed up to Dream's hangout with his own universe containing what was implied to be a Justice League story arc, and of course after intense meditation (and the home turf advantage, and presumably benefiting from access to all those religious icons) Susano was able to strike a blow powerful enough to strike Lucifer with his own power. Admittedly, with both access to some of his feathers and the Basanos' fate shenanigans.

>True Highfather is probably roughly on par with True Darkseid

I...I'm sorry no, I CANNOT believe that what with how irrelevant the New Gods that aren't Darkseid's immediate family are in the grand scheme of things. Did Highfather lift a finger during the Corpseseid multiverse crisis?

Yes, I am counting Metron. He's nothing without the chair.

Darkseid. Wouldn't a better fit be Thanos vs Mongul? No McGuffins.

The New God beats the Mad Titan

You sure? I thought they were just his bioenergy, since his daughter Grail grew up far from him and can also do the eyebeams.

That's fucking retarded. Stop using it as an excuse for darkseid jobbing.

>THATS RETARDED IT DOESNT COUNT

It's his character you mongoloid. Get over it. Stick to simple baby man concepts and movies if it hurts your wittle head. Yeah

Depends on who is protagonist of the book and who is villain.

>Did Highfather lift a finger during the Corpseseid multiverse crisis?
From what I remember, EVERY other God ended up getting butchered by the forces of Apokolips after Darkseid got the Anti-Life Equation, which pretty much culminated in a Darkseid Victory all around. It was only when the last survivor of New Genesis (Orion, I believe) took a passing shot at him that Darkseid's essence started to break down, and his true body started to fall into the main Multiverse. Darkseid pretty much won during Final Crisis, but was dealt a lethal blow at the very last second.

When someone asks darkseid vs thanos he asks thanos vs the darkseid we saw most not the one that was mentioned once in a lifetime. And probably ig thanos beats true darkseid but no you idiots say darkseid wins even though we don't know shit about him.
He was mentioned just one time in forever and you say he is the most powerful without knowing shit.

Legit did not know that, but if anything it just makes New Genesis look even worse.

>he asks thanos vs the darkseid we saw most not the one that was mentioned once in a lifetime

You keep saying this like there's an actual reason to believe it.

That's really a shit execution.

>IT DOESNT COUNT!! THANOS CAN BEAT A MULTIVERSAL GOD DESPITE ALL OF THE FEATS PROVING MY DELUSIONS WRONG!! HE ONLY SHOWED UP ONCE SO HIS FEATS DONT COUNT REEEEEEEEEE!!
No, that isn't how this works. Weve given you FAR better feats for True Darkseid than you have for anything relating to Thanos. Either show us something that puts Thsnos within even the barely-noticeable range for Darkseid, or stop with your deluded ravings, my dear Marvelfag.

yeah the ad campaign was THE DAY EVIL WON

not sure how it fits with Kirby's ending of the New Genesis guys bouncing but whatever, Final Crisis rules

If we talk about powerlevels let's put true darkseid vs spiderman, it's the same as thanos. And you are retarded to discuss it.
Or let's put true darkseid vs emperor god doom or ig thanos. And it's still retarded becausenwe don't know shit about true Seid.

Where was stated that in picture is true darkseid?

My Dick w/ Infinity Gauntlet > Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet
Its an external power, marvel motherfucker. My neighbor's wife can beat THanos w/ IG. Why don't you thanos ripoff kunthairs compare their OWN powerset instead of these external condom powers !
Stupid dumbitches.