Real War Stories Storytime

A couple years ago some user posted a segment of this comic which I kept bookmarked, but I could not find this comic online anywhere. So I bought that comic and the only other issue it had and scanned them for y'all to enjoy.
Anyway, these comics were made by the CCCO (Central Committee for Conscientious Objectors) back in the late 80s to discourage young adults from war. Some of these stories are based off veterans experiences and historical events while others are, "based on a true story".

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/tlpb1gqi93lq3/Real_War_Stories_#1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This was the story that made me buy the comics

>Bolland
Saw whaaaat. How have I never heard of this before??

Thank you very much for your work, OP. Never heard of this book before and it looks exceedingly interesting.

Thank you, I spend some time getting this ready

I can't come up with any other answer than the CCCO failed in their youth outreach project

Thanks user!

And that's it for this one, we have about 50 more pages to go with the second and final comic that the CCCO put out

Also here's the download link
mediafire.com/folder/tlpb1gqi93lq3/Real_War_Stories_#1

Harvey Pekar?

Holy shit I didn't notice that at all

Didn't mean to put a spoiler on that

So, would you join the military, after reading this comic?

Joining to serve in third world nation building projects is something I would probably never do, but if the U.S. finds itself in just war with a "major power" and the conditions for another World War 2 type of conflict arise I might, but it will probably never happen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler