You've got heroes who smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, use drugs yet nobody smokes pot...

You've got heroes who smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, use drugs yet nobody smokes pot. Even though pot is legal in many states now, either medicinally or recreationally.

What's up with that, and when do you suppose we will we finally get a proper pothead superhero?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2V_Xlci20eM
youtube.com/watch?v=8lwOLjJA13k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Read The Bounce.

There's a certain perceived class and grittiness to smoking tobacco (in any form) and drinking alcohol. Hard drugs give the impression of mental instability, which is also very appealing for some reason. Weed doesn't add anything "cool" to a character.

>Even though pot is legal in many states now

Not for long.

But muh states rights!

>Weed doesn't add anything "cool" to a character.

Yes it does. If it didn't stoners would not have their own stock fiction stereotype and an entire genre of media culture. Weed is no longer whack, it's cool. Look at Snoop, nigga literally just smokes weed as a career.

>If it didn't stoners would not have their own stock fiction stereotype
That seems niche as hell. All I see about weed is memes and Shaggy stereotypes.

>Hard drugs
>Weed

Bitch, I'll slap you.

Yea it could work as containment for shitheads.
I have nothing against weed, in fact I abused it for a long time, but being attracted to something just because it features weed is retarded.

bitch, reading comprehension

>conservacucks constantly bitch about state rights
>once they get in power they try to destroy any state rights they dont like
I fucking hate this country

He expressly distinguishes between those.

>but being attracted to something just because it features weed is retarded.

Um, hello, that's how comics work.

Swamp Thing got a bunch of friends high once

like with weed. not the tuber stuff

shit man I love seth rogen movies

when blade is offered a joint in blade 2 he doesn't say no. he says "later".

And it turned later meant being high for the entire duration of Blade 3.

I don't think potheads could be motivated to be a hero.
youtube.com/watch?v=2V_Xlci20eM

Getting liberal-sponsored degeneracy back in control ismore important right now, if you want to have any future as a country.

You say that, yet we're ignoring the opioid epidemic in favor of attacking medical substance that helps with chronic pain. Jeff Sessions is a super villain in this here fight.

>smoking pot is degenerate
I would bet a million dollars you have a pill popping opiate hound in your immediate family. Meanwhile, I smoke pot occasionally, have a great high paying job, and a wholesome white family that loves me. While you're sitting on fucking Sup Forums and /pol. larping as an alt-right edgelord. Physician, heal thyself.

>amerimutts
>talking about degeneracy

yeah, maybe?

DUDE

>when do you suppose we will we finally get a proper pothead superhero?
but you already posted one

Because weed is much more about chilling and laughing at shit than anything else, so using it runs counter to the reactive nature of heroes.

Pot heads are not productive. I don't think people would like a hero who spends most of his time on his ass getting high.

>heroes who smoke cigarettes
Not in Marvel.

Constantine smokes weed

You people are insufferable. No better than SJWs demanding "representation."

youtube.com/watch?v=8lwOLjJA13k

Cigarettes and alcohol equal grittiness? Do wat?

They always use alcohol to show how unstable people are. "Oh they're just waking up and having some hard liquor again"

Cigarettes usually show how low class someone is. Honestly in this day and age if you're still smoking you are really fuckin stupid. The only people who smoke are the poor and if you're poor and you need it for your nic fix get a fuckin vape pen or something and spend like a quarter of what you spend on cigs plus kill yourself a little slower.

Weed isn't a hard drug anymore, this isn't the 80's and Regan's drug war can get fucked. If anything they should show how weed is being used in the treatment of PTSD which I honestly wonder how they've avoided that subject in all the fucked up shit heroes have to deal with. With all the beatings, shootings, stabbings most heroes have taken I have to imagine at least half of them have tried some form of marijuana for nothing else than to ease the pain that comes with doing that to your body. Xavier's epilepsy could've been treated in the Logan movie. I assume it's still big pharma trying to control media even at the comic book level so they don't lose their strangehold on addictive opiates they feed Americans with.

>anyone on this website calling anyone else a degenerate
Every single time

>abused weed
you realize that's like saying you abused eating meat because now you're a vegan?

marijuana is non-addictive, unlike cigarettes, alcohol, and prescription opiates

>Even though pot is legal in many states now

Define many.
Also define legal.

I'm with you guy. Smoke a little pot, have a decent paying job that covers anything I could possibly want to buy, have a loving white family. No cigs and a lite beer or two occasionally.

The funny thing is I live next door to those opiate hounds you're talking about and the police have shown up numerous times to break up their fights over prescription medication. I've watched the old man crash his lawn mower into his car cause he was blitzed out of his mind on moonshine. What little money they make they spend on cigarettes and the government keeps buying them the rest in the form of food and opiates. Currently one of them is serving two months in prison for locking his girlfriend in a closet for a day. The funny thing is they still see themselves as being above the meth heads.

Yeah well if a few of your SJW's smoked a little weed there'd be a lot less SJW's

>They always use alcohol to show how unstable people are.
That's interesting. It tells something about the character.
>Cigarettes usually show how low class someone is.
Also interesting. It tells something about the character.
>Weed isn't a hard drug anymore
Weed doesn't tell anything about a character except that they smoke weed. On the alternative uses of it, you can't seriously add them to media without it being treated as a meme. For some reason in modern media weed has too much comedic undertone to be added in a serious manner.

Stoners as a character are typically jokes though

Weed isn't a "vice" like other drugs. It is easy to put down. Also, high people tend to come off as annoying if you aren't high yourself.

No, weed tells you that they need drugs to escape their shit filled reality of a life because they weren't taught how to deal with emotions. Just like liquor.

>For some reason in modern media weed has too much comedic undertone to be added in a serious manner.

I think it's from all the stoner comedies over the years.

Do you suppose Matter-Eater Lad is a pothead? What happens if he gets the muchies?

but it isn't as addicting, so if you want to give that impression you just use liquor.

it's not like capeshit is constantly popping pills either. Healing in comics is usually an after thought and they're usually just dealing with the pain. So save the tinfoil talk for Sup Forums

D U D E

D U D E

DUDE

>many states
>4
Whatever pothead.

Yeah, the biggest trash in the world want to tell the rest of us how to live their lives. It's why they vote for retards like Trump and the social "conservative" freakshows. Having an abortion means you're going to hell, but beating your wife and kids when you had a bad day is just a man being a man. They want the world to bend to their will, even though they can't even get themselves right.

Listen, I've never smoked weed but my sister does, she lives a super-stressful lifestyle thanks to her job and she and her boyfriend smoke weed saying it calms them down.

I don't know if that's factually what people smoke weed for (can't be for the sensory experience, stinks like shit) but I'd think the last thing anybody would want would be a drug-induced mellow superhero doesn't a burning building or Earthquake or what have you.

Medical use is legal in 29 states, plus Guam and Puerto Rico. Non-medical recreational use in eight. About 60 % of Americans are in favor of legalization. Even majority of Republicans favor legalization. These are facts that any informed person knows, squaresville.

You are also on Sup Forums

it was never about that, user. If it was about that, it'd make complete sense. It's about stopping the liberal buggeyman.
The right just accommodates these people's virtue signaling, so they naturally claim to be right-wingers.

If you look at history, political movements get out of hand when normies start expressing opinions on things they don't know shit about. They join movements because it supports their worldview. Not because it makes sense to them.

like, tears in the rain scoob

>implying my childhood hero shaggy wasn't a major league pothead

also hailey from american dad smokes weed all the time on screen, on cable tv, its no big deal my dude.

>Guam and Puerto Rico
>United States
I'm sorry Pablo.

I spent more time high last year than sober so I've been trying to cut down, I haven't smoked in almost 4 days where I use to get high every day and the idea of getting high again really stresses me out. It's not like a relapse but marijuana is still a drug that needs to be used responsibly.

Do you get paranoid about your smoking, akin to the way described in Infinite Jest?

Eternal May-May

Your realize you should fuck off of you have nothing interesting to say

No, I've never had any issues while being high and I smoked so much I was 100% functional while high, it's more being stressed that if smoke now I'll just go back to daily smoking and the longer I go without smoking, it feels the more I have to lose by smoking again, I just don't want to go back to my high 14/7 lifestyle even though it's really not all to different from how I'm living now

The majority of Americans voted for Trump.

Do you have any numbers that support that statement?

Well, the fact that he's in the white house for one thing. Maybe he didn't win the popular vote but enough people voted for him to get in there. Popular opinion is not a good metric for judging things because people are stupid and uninformed. How many of that 60% also subscribe to the "pot has no negative effects" lie?

>The mental gymnastics in this post

user, you high?

weed is a huge demotivator though. A pothead superhero would sit around watching cartoons all day.

If he didn't win the popular vote, the majority of the country de facto has not voted for him. He won the white house because of a system that allows candidates to be elected without NEEDING the majority of the country to vote for them, dummy.

Didn't Marvel censor all smoking? And DC was doing the same until just recently.

They also talked a big game about fiscal responsibility, and now that they're in power, instead of cutting spending, they're giving a tax cut for the rich that adds 1 TRILLION dollars to the national debt.

That's another $1,000,000,000,000 that OUR GENERATION will have to pay back so they can have extra ivory backscratchers.

Maybe I phrased my statement wrong but my point still stands, if Trump was even able to win 30 states then the public obviously can't be trusted to make informed decision.

What the fuck am I reading, user, how many times can you contradict yourself?

We had one.

His name was Gary Johnson

>Trump was even able to win 30 states then the public obviously can't be trusted to make informed decision.

Given his opponent, the public clearly made the correct decision.
Fuck the Democratic establishment for rigging the primaries to screw over someone who would have won the general elections in favor of someone with connections, privilege, and power.

user, rich people are better then you, there's many slogans that prove it.

... probably when it is legal in the rest of the states too...

Heroes don't do drugs

>we finally get a proper pothead superhero?
Why would that be a thing?
There is nothing more annoying and stupid that pot users

Tell that to Hour Man.

Remind me how Captain America got his powers again?

And at the same time, his Attorney General is trying to destroy the legalization of marijuana, one of the few things actually bringing in more tax money.
It's like they want the country to go bankrupt and criminality to go back to 1980s levels.

Yeah but then the stoner traits are almost the entire character. It works as a base for a character but not as an add on.

Because even as someone who smokes I can't help but see it as incredibly cringy and tryhard.
I love Afro Samurai but that shit is corny

>Not knowing about Bluntman and The Chronic.
It’s like you did NO research whatsoever.

>reading comprehension

>For some reason in modern media weed has too much comedic undertone to be added in a serious manner.
Because stoners are a pathetic joke.

You know people can become psychologically addicted to non phsyically addicting substances right?

I love how the Right loves to pick and choose when states rights apply. At least the Left is consistent about the federal government having supreme law.

Neither side is consistent, fuck off.

>A fucking plant made by God that stupid tobacco companies tricked you into thinking is unnatural because it'll bite into their profits
>Degenerate

I dont even like the shit(it stinks) but this "muh degeneracy" shit needs to stop.

Yeah, most movie protags aren't gonna smoke pot before some big adventure because they would just wanna laugh and eat snacks

The thing about life is that the most uneducated people with nothing going on in their lives are always the ones who believe they know how the world should work.

I'll be damned if some uneducated conservative hick who doens't even have a college degree is going to tell me how to live my life.

Did they stop teaching kids about the electoral college?

If the majority of Americans votes mattered, anyone who got NY and CA's backing(Democrats) would win every fucking time.

But that's bullshit user, there are millions of douchey college kids out there doing the exact same holier than though shtick.

The majority of America did, but not Americans, as odd as that might sound

A one time medical procedure.

Remind me which side wanted the federal government to just decide on gay marriage and which side wanted to drag the issue out for years across multiple states?

Civics class went out with art and music under "No Child Left Behind".