So I haven’t been up to date with Marvel stuff in years and apparently there’s a lot of hate on her...

So I haven’t been up to date with Marvel stuff in years and apparently there’s a lot of hate on her. Why is she hated so much exactly?

Who?

During her latest run, it was revealed that she cheated on her husband (Hawkeye) on her own volution, then let her lover die to cover her affair and let everyone think that she was raped to avoid consequences.

That’s interesting. I’m a sucker for soap opera tier drama so I’ll check it out.
Thanks

>Real answer
This
>Meme Answer
She was wearing a feminist agenda shirt

>So I haven’t been up to date with Marvel stuff in years

If that were true you wouldn't know this even existed. Don't tell me the first marvel book you've discovered in the past decade was this.

Became so toxic in this that her appearances in ASM have her being a cunt to Peter or basically being her boy toy.

The run is really, really weird. Like the fact there's a zombie breakout and Mockingbird destroys the cure because "the virus will run its course" and some weird statement about viruses. Then there's the issue where this little girl is killing people and Bobbi keeps going "if only we talked about Tampons, none of this would ever happen". No seriously, that is pretty much what the issue is saying.

Like, I tried to dismiss a lot of the stuff in the book, but looking back at it, they really made Bobbi this horrible person. Right down to handcuffing Hunter to a bed and then leaving him that way, walking out of his house. She's just...not a nice person in this book.

She is a main character in ASM mate, she is probably one of the first thing you see when coming back to read some Marvel

She was replaced invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-style by an impostor character who acts nothing like how Mockingbird ever acted. She's a feminist bitch now who is boringly flawless, blandly competent, and luvs teh science.

Soyboys can't handle a strong woman.

Shes a radical feminist bitch, who keeps chiming in unnecessary shit like “your misgendering me, shitlord” in the middle of a comic. Shes dating spider man so i feel its an insult to peter making him date a feminazi.

the first or second issue of that run has a mutant xcalibur character not seen since the 90s, Emma Steed, black queen of the London Branch of the Hellfire Club, most people (or the few people who know about her) thought must have been depowered in M Day.
That character is better known for defeating the Shadow King in 1995 Age of Apocalypse, X-Calibre, the book that featured Nightcrawler.

In this book she has her powers, but she is a joke villain, and is beating nonsensically with something that I guess must have been a high tech golf ball she finds by chance on the floor that imitates a human brain and can misdirect the attacks of a telepaths, it's never explained and doesnt make sense. pic related

It also has some very badly designed art, a page that was supposed to show Mockingbird being dynamic and athletic beating everybody in a room, makes her look like Madrox, as if she could divide herself in many people.

and here you have Madrox Bobbi
I dropped the book after this (second issue)

I think power fantasies for women are worse than power fantasies for men because in the first ones there is no struggle

This. Women only see success/victory in terms of the positive consequences associated with it, not the work it took to get there. It's why they imagine that every man with authority just effortlessly gets people to follow his orders and is never questioned.

Issue 5 kind of explains what was going on with Emma Steed there

See SHIELD was monitoring Mockingbird because of her unique physiology (dosed with a combined cocktail of the Super Soldier Serum and Infinity Formula).
One of the things they were testing was if she could move a ping pong ball with her mind.

At some point she got exposed to a mutating virus that has its own super powers.
SHIELD discovered the virus in her bloodstream and injected it into cadavers, the virus reanimated them and made zombies.

The virus had a life cycle of 30 minutes and tended to kill its host. But because of Mockingbird's unique physiology it could survive inside her

The virus sensed the infection inside the cadavers at the SHIELD medical facility. So when Mockingbird had her regular medical testing, it would teleport the ping pong balls into the throats of the infected cadavers. The virus wanted to survive inside Mockingbird, so its performed other instances of telekinesis to keep her alive. For instance it could force back the infected cadavers so that they couldn't kill her.

In this case, the virus knew that Emma Steed was about to kill Mockingbird, so it deflected Steed's psychic blades to the ping pong ball instead of Bobbi's mind.

It took a few reads for me to properly understand what was going on.

Yeah she's basically a supervillain in this. I don't get it.

well, this is a bit better, and I think I prefer her being a proper superhuman if she is going to make joke villains of every enemy she faces. it makes the jobbing less bad. iirc she beat Sauron in Secret Empire, while Hercules was left with third degree burns in spite of being a demigod.

>That character is better known for defeating the Shadow King in 1995 Age of Apocalypse, X-Calibre, the book that featured Nightcrawler.
Oh so THAT'S who that was.

I don't think other writers actually read this series, so I doubt the virus with powers is ever going to come up again, although as far as I know she didn't ever take the anti-viral that SHIELD created. Just the feminism angle

She should already be a proper superhuman with the Infinity Formula/Super Solider Serum running through her veins. At the very least it should make her as enhanced as Captain America and other peak humans. And on one occasion back in Secret Avengers she was pretty damn strong for a human

This book had good and bad points. It was not all "feminist agenda" bit sadly it became too much of that.

The writer needed a good editor who would tell her when she was going overboard. But Marvel has no editors.

She had a terrible no good very bad solo that ended in retconing her rape to be her cheating on somebody and claiming she was raped.
Which might have been interesting if not for that fact it was written as if that was a good thing.

>Shes dating spider man so i feel its an insult to peter making him date a feminazi.
Its a dumb pairing right now but I have to admit I liked peter wearing the shirt from that one cover.

she was called Damask in AoA

>but I have to admit I liked peter wearing the shirt from that one cover.
Why?

In theory, Peter and Bobbi could be a good pairing considering both like to talk and they could have bantz along with the science backgrounds on both. The problem is Slott makes it comes across with Bobbi being a cunt and Peter being a shell of himself. No idea what his take on the relationship is unless he is inserting his own fetish.

Don't get me wrong I hated the cover but I think it's a clever callback.

i think the mocking bird needs a better costume
if marvel were to take her current costume and combine it with her classic costume that would look cool

I think this sums up current Marvel pretty well. This probably could've been an alright book if it actually had an editor.

I think it was the SJW Chelsea Cain who who made Mockingbird became a smug and irritating third wave feminist bitch. Meanwhile, her history was retconned so that instead of her being raped by the supervillain Gray Ghost, she actually cheated on Hawkeye with that supervillain.

Because "strong independent women" don't get raped...or something.

Did I forget to mention that Mockingbird was made into a completely unlikeable cunt?

All of Marvel is now SJW shit, so their sales are dying. The comic book industry is in a sorry state.

>supervillain Gray Ghost,
Phantom Rider dumbass

At least read the comics you're complaining about

>Then there's the issue where this little girl is killing people and Bobbi keeps going "if only we talked about Tampons, none of this would ever happen".

I like how an issue that ostensibly supposed to be shedding light on how difficult adolescence can be for young girls actually wound up making a glaring point about male disposability (like 3-4 men get brutally killed over the course of a few pages and nobody really cares or bats an eye).

Whatever, sweetheart.

I forgot the name of a forgettable D-list supervillain, since I haven't read the comic in a million years. It doesn't change my central point though.

Mockingbird is now a regressive feminist SJW pile of dogshit, but to be fair......so is all of SJW Marvel now.

Aside from that, the BDSM violation, and the infamous feminist agenda issue, it's actually pretty good.

>She's just...not a nice person in this book.

That's another reason why. It's rare to have a female hero be such a flawed person in their own book.

>hasn't read comics in a million years
>but sure loves bitching about em

That's what SJWs do, you know?

She's been superhuman since Dark Reign, IIRC.

Then you should check out the Hawkeye and Mockingbird series from a few years ago.

Don't forget how the girl in question just stares blankly and is unresponsive to almost everyone except to attempt to hurt them. You could change the story to be about a mentally challenged girl who developed mutant powers and is confusedly lashing out against a world she is incapable of understanding and you'd only need to rewrite a handful of speech bubbles. It wouldn't surprise me if the artist was trolling Cain with that issue.