Why was it okay for a 26 year old thief to seduce a 17 year old girl?

Why was it okay for a 26 year old thief to seduce a 17 year old girl?

Perhaps she is legal where they live.

Less than a decade, it's fine once she turns 18

Finn is only two years younger than me? I thought he was 22!

It is not okay for a 26 year old to seduce a 17 year old.

It's hot.

17 is legal most everywhere, and he’s hot so no ones complaining.

The slut was asking for it the moment she took one step out of her tower.

t. Mother Goethel

>hot

So if he was a pudgy, balding dude then all of a sudden the age difference would matter?

Yeah, pretty much.

If you're balding at 26 -

Wait, a friend of mine is balding at 26. But then again, he's married.

My friend was completely bald at 22.

But he got his masters at 23 so I can't talk shit.

People keep saying the animators said he was 26, but I've never actually seen the quote that says this.

Yes, attractiveness determines whether you are "mmhm, daddy~" or a creepy old man. Life's not fair, welcome to planet earth

1 Women are naturally attracted to older men
2 Men are naturally attracted to younger women
3 Females reach sexual maturity around 14 - 15
4 Outrage at large age differences or getting involved with a teen wasn't a thing until the mid-20th century and wasn't a big thing until like the last 10 years.
5 You should be getting more outraged about the fact that she was a naive shut-in that fell in love with the first guy she ever saw within 24 hours of meeting him.
6 To be fair, she technically "seduced" him since he wanted nothing to do with her to begin with an her charm won him over.
7 It's a movie
8 His intentions are pure (he married her)
9 Tell me honestly you wouldn't a fall in love with and marry a Rapunzel if you had the change.

>3 Females reach sexual maturity around 14 - 15
close but false desu, adult breasts generally don't grow in until 15-16, by mean.

Also, while medieval marriages would often be arranged early, actual consumation/union would not take place until, again; 15-16.

Sexual adolescence ends at about 16. This is also when teen pregnancy spikes (though this is partially because girls under 15 tend not to be surveyed or counted statistically)

So in general, through most of our history, 15-16 has been considered 'adult' or 'barely adult'. Our modern conception of 18 isn't too far off from that

he followed the rules

isn't that like the normal amount of time? 3-4 yrs undergrad + 1-2 yrs for the master

Breasts tend to grow naturally over time. They also swell during pregnancy. Sex organs are pretty much good to go by the time the period starts. 14 - 15 isn't inaccurate, though neither is 15 - 16. Point is, even by your standards, Rapunzel is still sexually mature at the time when she meets Flynn.

i'm just saying 14 is way too young broseph, the magic age is 16, don't get chris hanson'd

6. is the creepiest one your list, because she wasn't seducing him, she was just being herself and he fell in love with her. He was being himself and she fell in love with him. There was no seduction going on, it was mutual attraction.

>it's natural for men to be attracted to younger women
>women sexualy mature at 14
>outrage at having sex with young girls is new
>She seduced HIM by being coquettish and youthful
>he totally meant well
>you'd do it too

BINGO! I'VE GOT PEDOPHILE BINGO! Why don't you come over here and take a seat?

I can see you didn't see my "quotation marks" around the word "seduced."

How nice of pedophiles to regurgitate the same false lines over and over again so that we can identify them right away.

Being attracted to a 17-year woman is normal male sexuality. What a stupid question.

>Girl looks like that
>Basically undefended
>in late Medieval Germany
You guys seen Flesh + Blood?

This was set in old times, the sign of a woman being ready for marriage back then was when she passed puberty and not her mental maturity.

I personally think it's fine if the younger partner is sure about their decision of being together with the older partner and their age gap is not bigger than a decade.

>This was set in old times, the sign of a woman being ready for marriage back then was when she passed puberty and not her mental maturity.
For political marriages sure, but the average marriage age among commoners in England has been about the same for like 500 years. Maybe a year or two of wiggle room.

To give us hope.

Yes.

/thread

>last 10 years.
16 years.

Rapunzel is an adult by any meaningful metric, and Eugene is pretty young himself. It's not like he was trolling for puss outside a high school. He met a pretty girl by chance. A pretty girl who even in modern times is legal just about everywhere, even America.

Benis bump

Teenage pregnancies are more prone to complications, so the sex organs aren't "good to go"

What if she seduces you?

t. pudgy balding dude

She turned 18 within a few hours of meeting him regardless, and pretty much made all the romantic moves. They're a cute and healthy couple with the age gap of most of our parents.

Since the story of Rapunzel is literally the story of the coming-of-age, did the cutting of her hair symbolized what I think it symbolized?

If I manage to be seduced by a 17 year old idiot, I deserve what approbation I get.

17 year olds are dumb.

I guess if your mother withers away if you get into bed with someone, sure.

Mothers often says things like 'I die if you'll get an unwanted pregnancy!" or smth like that, so...

>turn 18
>get an edgy haircut
>fuck an older guy

I mean, sure.

All the japanese comics i read are about a pudgy balding dude having sex with a teenager so i don't really care. Gothel could have used more mind breaking drugs, and psychological torture but the movie is good for what it is.

17 is legal in most states in the US

Aladdin had a 15 year old seduce a 40 year old, so if that’s ok then this is ok.

What changed 15-16 years ago?

Kek

I'm 27 and I'm dating a 16yo girl, also blonde and also loves not wearing shoes.
Nothing worng with that

Yeah. People are judged based on physical appearance. It would be like if your 27 year old teacher wanted to fuck you, but she was a disgusting pig with a crusty, dripping vagina. It’s fucking disgusting. You’d throw her to the ground like the animal she is and escape.

>mommie come look I'm autistically applying real world morals to a cartoon *flaps hands wildly*

What did you expect. Sup Forumsfags get upset by loli as well.

A shit ton of mating rituals are based on how attractive the male is.

He is probably fucking is wife so frequently he is now deficient in protein, losing hair as a result.

Remember, masturbation leads to early balding.

If it did, I would have no hair by now.

nah the love didn't start until the day of her birthday with all them lanterns and shit
she turned 18, it's fine

What would, pray tell, have a grown man like you in common with a girl that age?
I'm asking honestly because yeah, teens are nice to look at and I'm sure they're exciting taboo fucks, but dating, really?

>wanting to fuck a 17 year old makes you a pedo
You are delusional

That's okay in the majority of US states and developed world.

I would also like to know this I'm 29 and even when I'm at a coffee shop or something and hear 20 year old college students talking, my eyes roll so far back into my head I get a migraine. I can't imagine what it would be like with someone who can't even buy cigarettes legally.

it's propaganda to normalize age gaps so the hollywood elites can trick aspiring actresses into their sex dungeons

>point out the pedo-sounding "14-15 year old girls are sexually mature old men have been taking unhappy child brides for ages" creepiness
You had me.
>go on to say 26 y/o + 17-18 y/o is pedo
You lost me. It's kinda weird and 17-18 y/os will tend to ditch the first fuck of their lives because they grow out of them, but it's not pedo.

16 year old probably wants to piss off mommy and daddy so she dates the most hideous old guy she can find just to be rebellious

There's a difference between "okay" and "legal".

As I understood the movie, it was said to be "okay" because he didn't set out to seduce her it just sort of happened.

Maybe they both like the same cartoons.

>when I saw the movie, Finn was five years older than me
>now he's two years younger
I want to be a forever-handsome cartoon guy

Yeah, imagine bonding with little girls over MLP and shit like that.

Same here. Can't stand their bratty attitude and their giggling over stupid or obvious shit pisses me off. Of course part of the charm is precisely the bratty stuff but unless that happens in the sack, I'm not into it.

your birthday is in december?

Hear that?
It's a salty old whale

Seeing as he's a fucking 10/10, 13-17 year old girls would be begging to marry him. Yeah, it's creepy. But a girl getting hit by puberty jumping on a handsome guy in his mid twenties is expected, and it's not rare. Go on websites that populate teen girls like deviantart or tumblr.

Well I only said 16 as a typo of 15 so it's a rough estimate.

The real issue with relationships like these (either dating or just fucking) isn't really that one of them is underage and that the age difference isn't that high. It's the power dynamics: an older guy gets more off the relationship and knows he can dump her at any time he wants, as well as taking advantage by any sort of emotional blackmail. A young girl can't do this.
Now, you can claim she could force him into doing what she wants in fear of revealing the relationship and the scorn that follows, but in reality they aren't really that smart, specially not if they're younger than 16. So they're always in disadvantage.

now you're forgetting the whole they-live-happily-ever-after ending that applies to majority of children's films.

>Rapunzel is an adult by any meaningful metric
The human brain isn't done developing until ~24 years of age.

I'm 27 and my girl just turned 18 a few months ago.

Our common interests are running, photography and idols. We got together because we always ran into each other at the same events and it was convenient for both of us to be together.

But what changed then? SJWs and the new anti-sex movement only became a thing a few years ago. Before that they were silent since the mid-90s.

Similar hobbies probably.
But yeah without a hobby to bond over dating somebody that young must be hell. You would be better off sticking to one night stands if you want to fuck a teenager in most cases.

Actually for that matter why would you ever date somebody you don't share a hobby with.

Pedophilia is a sexual attraction to prepubescent children. 14-15 isn't prepubescent.

We all do, my dude.
we all do.

Are threads like this made for the sole purpose of easily flagging the busted christmas cake fujoshits that infect Sup Forums and laughing at them with their obvious posts? Because it's working.

It's always generally been considered scandalous to have a large age gap in the last century as understanding psychology/children became a thing, people began to live longer, women began to get equality and western child marriage started to be completely phased out and virginity less prized, thus the "necessity", value and availability of a far younger partner for a man became much less.

Particularly in the middle classes and over, taking a significantly older or younger lover tended to make you seem like a "nurse or a purse". An age gap of ten or so years is often considered normal so long as the younger partner is 18+ in most places, don't let internet minorities with extreme opinions like "fucking a 17 y/o if you're 18 is PEDOPHILIA" or "a 13-15 year old girl is sexually mature", because both extreme ends of the spectrum are wrong. Under-18 pregnancy being dangerous in comparison to an adult pregnancy should inform you otherwise.

Besides, anybody younger than 18 is probably gonna grow out of an older partner.

So how do you keep from reaching for a gun to blow your brains out every time she opens her mouth?

You better have physical evidence of she starting the act, and basically sexually harassing you, also it must be taken by a government camera set on a public area.
If everything goes right you will only get 2 months of community service and she will walk off without any charge but with a gentle warning.

>Why was it okay for a 26 year old thief to seduce a 17 year old girl?
He was Republican.

Seriously dude? Do you really think "SJWs" are the main ones concerned about underage relationships? The implications are ridiculous.

Eugene was only in for it because he was a massive footfag

At least he found a real girl to satisfy his fetish instead of polluting an imageboard with it.

t. bitter roastie

Of course not. If you find a 17 year old girl attractive you are a fucking PEDO and deserve to be shot. I only find women attractive the exact second they turn 18.

Ah, yeah. Attractive people deserve to be treated better than others. That's how life should operate.

what is this word "normal" you speak of.

Weren't they 18 and 23?

Replace "escape" with "put her in a mating press".

Good thing she turned 18 by the time he started showing any interest in her.

Eugune is 26 according to the animators (but his age is never mentioned in the movie). Rapunzel is 17 at the start of the movie when she meets Eugune, but turns 18 when she gets to the city and sees the lanterns.

I half wish the movie had some unnecessary scene of Rapunzel being a bitch because in its current form I wanted to fuck her the entire time and it was really taking me out of the movie. It was the same as those moe anime where they're structurally the same as the first act of a hentai.

My new years resolution was to abandon masturbating to cartoons and its an order of magnitude harder than when I decided to get /fit/.

She was 18. The wiki said so

17 was prime marrying age in that time period.

Also, did you see the way she was always flashing them feet around? How could he resist?

>So if he was a pudgy, balding dude then all of a sudden the age difference would matter?
welcome to the real world