So what was the deal with The Ripping Friends? I get that its some weird John K creation, but who the fuck greenlit it?

So what was the deal with The Ripping Friends? I get that its some weird John K creation, but who the fuck greenlit it?

>okay, so I have an idea for a saturday morning kids cartoon
>"lets hear it"
>okay, so, its about 4 brothers in their late 30's who are super heroes.
>"good so far, what else?"
>and each one is a different skin tone
>"its diverse. I love it. continue"
>and they have a mentally handicapped younger brother they look after and take with them on adventures
>"odd......but its PC. I like that."
>and they still live with their mom
>"what?"
>and they are all virgins
>"wait"
>and their mom has these super saggy torpedo boobs, and a really ugly face
>"stop"
>and we'll do all sorts of really gross stuff like people eating licking infected fingers, or eating a bowl full of toenail trimmings
>"for the love of god no"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LOwS9W_Mgmg
youtu.be/rRjbRdNktbc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Ripping Friends is one of the defining cartoons of my childhood. It might not be great but holy fuck does it bring me back to those whimsical days and I'll always love it for that.

That kidney/liver thing really hurt to watch

This is just unpleasant to watch

Maybe Beanmouth really isn't so bad.

Say what you will about John K, but he has good taste in female design.

I thought this aired on Adult Swim.

That's fucking hilarious.

Okay, I am sorry, but this is fucking comedy.

this is fucking insane

Fuck me I think I completely banished this from my mind. The whole thing just made me feel wrong inside.

How long would it take to make a brand new Ripping Friends episode if John K were to be commissioned to do it AND left to oversee his progress all by himself?

I might be thinking of a different show, but the only thing I remember about this one is the super villain who removed the non-stick element from a non-stick pan, which burned the mother's eggs and they had to be rushed to the hospital to recover, leaving the chicken concerned for the well being of her offspring.

Im just grabbing scenes off youtube I remember. If you want anything in particular webum'd let me know.

>and they have a mentally handicapped younger brother they look after and take with them on adventures

Better yet:
>who I count among my flagship characters and I get to retain full rights to!
I don't know why John K loves that whitewashed Tyrone of his so much.

youtu.be/LOwS9W_Mgmg

I don't want to remember this

I understand now why C.K. has so many fan. I have to say, no matter how gross out I am, I atually find it funny.

I remember it airing on Fox Kids before seeing it Adult Swim.

But you will.

I like how his tail is coming out of his butthole.

THICC

I'm imagining this cat sounding like a new yorker

You can hear him speak for himself:

youtu.be/rRjbRdNktbc

Keep in mind that it's Canadian.

When will Pungent Puss fuck the mom?

BLOATMAX
L
O
A
T
M
A
X

I don't really get the problem with this

i feel gay

Is that Bowser's VA from the Super Mario Super Show? Hilarious.

I can't see anything from this show without thinking about that damn cat telepathically teleporting his shit into a litterbox.

i miss when John K did traditional. he's too crazy with flash animation

I agree.

This stuff lacks the snappiness of Spumco cartoons animated in-house. The poses and expressions are the same, but the frame-by-frame motion is missing the snappiness.

>mfw i watched this
You really find it bad? I mean its not good as R&S but i found it quite enjoyable.
Also have some "Canadian" modern humor.

This is perfect. I can feel every emotion of every face, and it takes me back to my first awkward dates. A beautiful girl truly is a terrifying, and mystifying creature that captures the imagination like none other. This is pure.

I think the guy on the couch was too.

>this aired on Saturday morning network television

Better, it's Bowser's VA from the Philips CD-I Mario games.

What the fuck

>The sexy girl cartoonishly swoons over then hot men

For today's cartooning standards, this is progressive as shit.

Alright I'm lost, why the liver?

>shaving private ryan.

Okay that got a chuckle out of me.

What the fuck is this, what just happened. Why are more people not aware of what I just witnessed.

It's a meta joke about the classic cartoonish representation of falling in love. First their heart pop out and do a little dance, in a classic lovestruck scenario, then comes the joke where an other organs does it too.

Ripping Friends is a good core concept and series of character designs undermined by horribly unfunny writing.

The best segment of the series was the weenies/buns debate, and it wasn't even that funny. Same boat as MLaaTR, great concept, great art, great cast, horrible execution.

They probably thought that The Ripping Friends would be a new Ren and Stimpy.

Honestly, I wish I lived in an alternate universe where John was still working with Spumco after R&S season 2, and went on to direct the rest of the seasons. Imagine how fantastic that would be.

In the DVD commentaries, the Spumco team claimed that they believed that "Ren's Brain" would have been the second "Stimpy's Invention." I wish the Spumco team directed "Ren's Brain" instead of Games.

Well Cans without Labels still isn't complete so.....

This is gold

Holy feathers, they make a pheromone joke.

I interpreted it as her perfume.

Do women spray under their arms?

Wrists, under arms, neck, and sometimes hair seem to be the only places I've ever seen women dab perfume on.

Huh, I've seen the others but never under the arms.

Women are strange and mysterious creatures.

Hate him all you want, John K is a genius and I love him.

>Adult Swim
Lmao at your puritan shithole, here in maplestan it was regularly scheduled on Teletoon

Please tell me this was just a single gross-out short rather than an episode among similar episodes.

Finally, something worth binge watching.