>government cracks down on superheroes/mutants issue
Is there a worse plot line in comics ?

Anything that involves cloning

and time travel

Smart anons.

infinite parallel universes

alan moore

Superheroes fight other superheroes

Anything involved with WW2 and Nazis, especially villain backstories.

wish they would stop that shit, good old good vs evil would be fine with me

Heroes have to fight other heroes for stupid shit that would be resolved in 5 seconds if they actually talked and had a QI over the single digit.

>Superheroes stop fighting because they have mommy twinsies

Come on. Sometimes time travel stories can be a good set up for an adventure (it's bad when it's used to recon some continuity)

Civil wars would rage all the time when the world is filled with people who each worth an army in terms of fighting ability and feels entitled to be a vigilante.

Only it would be about migration, or gay rights or some shit, not about registration.

?

I think time travel can work in a plot if it is super controlled. If heavy rules are posed on time travel that make it hard and unique, it can be fun, but if time travel can be done willy nilly there are always too many plot holes for me to enjoy it.

>M A R T H A

BvS

like the last season of heroes

>government cracks down on small, easily identifiable group by blaming them for problems in order to boost public support

Hmmmm

Go back to /pol faggot

>Characters act really angsty and aggressive toward each other for no apparent reason
>Group is in danger of dissolving from inner conflict, maybe one or more characters quit the group
>Some baddie pops up and starts wrecking shit
>It can easily beat them because they're not getting along
>Something during the mission reminds them of when they were friends who cooperated
>Everyone realizes at once that they had no reason for conflict and go back to being friends
>Now that they're cooperating again, they easily beat the baddie

how is this bad? this is one of the most interesting plot in cape

Expect to see a lot more of it with Chumpf in the white house. Because its easy to make an analogy between heroes you've come to love and sympathize with and people who illegally snuck into the country.

Wearing a mask and assaulting private citizens is generally frowned upon

Since government is defined by its ability to dispense and control violence, superheroes are the real government.

kek

Long standing beloved character gets killed off and replaced with liberal snowflake approved new non-white, non-male, non-hetero character for no reason other than muh diversity. That shit could stop at any fucking time.

Fpbp

Superheroes have to stop a blue beam shooting towards the sky.

purple > blue beams

Thanos isn't a beam

This 100%. Like holy shit, there are SO many evil countries to choose from throughout history, but it's always gotta be "muh 3rd reich". It wouldn't kill them to make an Ottoman villain or a Khmer Rouge villain.

I always wanted some elseworlds story where the government military basically integrates all superhero powers into their army. Like, the Iron Man suit gets mass produced, Super Soldier serum used regularly, mutants are dissected and they could readily give their soldiers those powers. And don't focus on the heroes being hunted and killed and all that shit, but just focus on the army uses these powers and what a bizarre landscape it would be if any soldier can have a grab bag of powers.

New character that holds a lot of potential is killed off and we're back to recycling a storyline we've seen many times before.

Because it's incredibly overplayed and goes the same way every single time.

And there's always the cheesy as fuck holocaust/concentration camp analogues, like fuck we get it just stop you aren't the first to say that this is bad and you aren't going to be praised for saying it because fucking everybody has done it before.

Can you guys name a single Marvel event in recent memory that didn't have a clone/time travel as a focal point?

>casuals who don't know the fundaments of the genre spotted

Fear Itself?
AXIS?

Clones and time travel are exact opposites.

Time travel is fine when it's a recurring device confined to a singular, insular story or setting rather than a character or device that intermingles (DoFP vs Kang).

Clones are only good when they're very limited in number and interact across various stories versus being a driving narrative thrust and plot device for an insular story (modern Ben and Kaine Parker vs The Clone Saga).

That's what Millar started with ultimates, especially ultimates 2.
After Loeb took a huge dump on all the ultimate universe, Millar took the idea to War Heroes, which never got past issue 3 as far as I remember.
Which is a shame because it was quite good.

fuck off faggot it's been 70 years already

I know it's Sup Forums shit but I really liked how in Hero Academia super power laws and hero /power usage legislations were just a normal, obvious thing.
The whole marvel hero and mutant registration thing was so dumb
>okay, this guy can melt human flesh with his sight and is invulnerable to all known weapons, maybe we should at least write it down in an official file
>WOW FUCK YOU, YOU DOUBLE HITLER GO FUCK YOURSELF IT'S WAR TIME

This. Civil War was bullshit.

The US govt in Marvel is blatantly evil. Not as much as the Canadian govt, but still really evil, even to the point of manufacturing killer robots to murder American citizens. Also my hero academia is basically set in a future that can never happen because of the status quo in marvel where the x-gene finally activates in almost the entire human population. So the govt is run by mutants anyway.

Memory loss
brain washing
resurrection from the dead(for protagonist or his/her enemies)
time travel(involving meeting themselves past or future and or alternate timeline versions)
There are other worse things, but I cant think of them

I envy you

To be fair they're totally different worlds.
The government while having its issues in BnHA isn't fucking constantly swinging between outright villainous and obnoxiously incompetent like in Marvel. Especially given that quirks are just a thing in BnHA and majority are for the most part harmless, it is more like "here's his blood type on file". In Marvel it's a one way ticket to ending up in a spooky joint black government/corporate lab, and look forward to being brainwashed into a weapon and if you escape enjoy seeing your cybernetic half-clone pop up in a few years to lob off your head.
And really, Cap was pretty civil and understanding, then the government tries to arrest him for saying he wouldn't comply with a law that didn't exist.

>i know it's Sup Forums
And yet you still post it

this, instead using more of b and c list characters, DC used multiverse as excuse for more supermen team up

>Go back to /pol faggot
But Sup Forums are the retards who fall for that crap?

>he dont enjoy mutan suffering

Is that not similar to the cadmus plot line in JLU ?That was good

Cap did nothing wrong you pice of shit

>The US govt in Marvel is blatantly evil
So just like real life
Makes you think

Not exactly. Cadmus was about the government making its own superheroes in case the JL went rogue. They weren't planning on cracking down on them until near the end after Luthor framed them. Even then, it didn't last long.

They are overusing this far less than marvel to be fair

Still is the least evil goverment

Sure now but most comic characters were made in the 60s and 70s

Didn’t Alpha Flight completely shit on US AGENT for civil war? They were like Canada has had hero registration for years now and we didn’t fight each other over it.

Blue lasers can't melt titan beams

Does venomverse count?