American Democracy

Friendly reminder that in America you can lose an election even though the majority voted for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign.html
twitter.com/search?q=grubhub&ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor-General_of_Australia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>majority
That's called a plurality

Fuck off and vote hofer fucking shill

>ywn have American democracy where only whites decide the outcome

It's an outdated system. We should change it.
1) Some votes are more equal than others.
2) Battleground states make most votes pointless, Americans know it, which is why voter turnout is awful in America.

Reminder that pic related is what happens when someone gets into power without being elected democratically.

Hillary didn't get a majority of the vote
We have a constitutional republic. Democracy a shit

>flag
>opinion

that's the point of the beautiful electoral college.

it prevents yuge metropolitan areas from speaking for the rest of the sparsely populated areas. in this case, the big cities (liberals) have no say over what is best for rural towns (conservatives)

our founding fathers are the best. get rekt poland

SAGE

Like your Prime Minister?

I got it! Just let only the battleground states vote! holy shit I'm a genius

the US gov arms rebels to fight him?
More likely than youd think

>We have a constitutional republic. Democracy a shit

You seem to be under the impression that the terms "democracy" and "republic" are mutually exclusive.

You are wrong and probably retarded.

teams that win the most games go to the playoffs
even when other teams score more points

sports are rigged

daily reminder that that's literally the point because otherwise nobody's votes would matter unless they lived in an urban city

It is amazing that you people focus on America so much but have no idea how we elect presidents. Its not some secret, fampai.

Good thing, too. Can't have a fucking LGBT enabler in power.

Subtract the illegals and dead people

They are. Even the founding fathers hated pure democracy. It was always a representative constitutional republic from day 1.

Tyranny of the majority, friendo. The electoral college ensures that votes from California and New York aren't the only places you need to win an election.

>Can't have a fucking LGBT enabler in power.

Then why does he keep company with Giuliani?

You seem to be under the impression that anyone in the US cares what a Germanistani thinks.

You are wrong and probably retarded.

>They are.

Wrong and retarded indeed.

In any civilized country the person with the majority of votes wins an election.
In Europe we don't vote according to some hillbilly terrorists from 1800.

Then again, you voted for Trump. It's useless to argue with you on an intellectual level.

Battle ground states are states that tend to be more closely spilt and ha e the population size to get you electoral votes in decent size.

The very fact that you think this is an argument makes you wrong and retarded.

The very fact that you presume to know that I think that was an argument makes you wrong and retarded.

I like this

OP IS A NIGGER

The battle is won but the war rages on

“I absolutely reject the nationalist, anti-immigrant and hateful politics of Donald Trump and will work to shield our community from this movement as best as I can,” Maloney wrote about Trump’s supporters.

rev up those socks
You know what to do faggots
I hope grubhub isn't DDoSed into the stone age

Thinking you'd be in any mental shape to put forth an argument is wrong and retarded indeed.

Your argument would be relevant IF this election was conducted under the pretenses that the popular vote mattered. Turnout would be much higher. More liberals would vote in Texas and more conservatives would bother to vote in NY and California. There would have to be a reelection. The popular vote in an electoral college election is a USELESS metric.

Thinking that I was even putting forth an argument and not just mocking you is wrong and indeed retarded.

oh wow thats actually great

They are different systems. A republic can have elements of democracy, but that doesn't make it a democracy. Just like a monarchy can have a parliament, and it's still a monarchy.
The founders were rightly skeptical of democracy and took many, MANY measures to limit it. Originally the House of Representatives was the only part of the federal government which had elections, in a style similar to the House of Commons.
The US is a democratic Constitutional Republic. Not a direct Democracy

No one thinks you've put forth an argument, and thinking someone where actually might have thought you did makes you wrong and retarded.

>what the fuck? Elected politicians get to decide who our president is now!?
>that's fucked up. I trust the judgement of media drones, uneducated masses, and band wagoners to control the country!
>surely they understand what they really need!

we are a republic not a democracy think of each state as its own country

Good the urban majority have no right to terrorise the rural minority

what democratic country are you talking about, you utter retard? What was the one with voter fraud again? Oh, Austria? Yeah, shut the fuck up.

inb4 fascism etc yeah that's true but you saying that usa is not civilized because it uses a different system is just retarded.

Stupid.

Here in california, we had zero incentive to vote because the system is in place and everyone understood it.

T. Government younger than helicopters

Muhammad, eat a snickers. You get all pissy when your hungry.

>your hungry

In English please, Pablo.

No one thinks I put forth an argument, and thinking someone actually might have thought I was doing anything other than mocking you makes you wrong, retarded and quite possibly a faggot.

Whereas in Austria the head of government is whoever the President decides to swear in.

This is exactly what a wrong and retarded faggot would say.

Then why are you guys holding your election again? Hofer lost.

Come back and discuss democracy with us when your country isn't run by mafia lowlife, Luigi.

Are you really retarded or just trolling? pure democracy = mob rule = tyranny READ THE REPUBLIC FUCKWIT

THIRTY (30) OF FIFTY (50) STATES

MAJORITY RULES

Don't you mean Governor-General?

Potatoebro gets it.

No, THAT is exactly what a wrong and retarded faggot would say.

Dumb arab eternally BTFO

...said the wrong and retarded faggot, thus proving that he's a wrong and retarded faggot.

>48%
>majority

Are you trying to imply you are not a wrong and retarded faggot? That is what a wrong and retarded faggot would try to do.

Ain't no Governor-General in Austria Muhammad

>democrats are literally so fucking stupid they think its unfair the country isnt controlled by literal mob rule democracy

jesus fuck

HOW DID YOU NOT HAVE 500,000 ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHERS TELL YOU THATS NOT HOW DEMOCRACY WORKS

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE FUCKING 5 YEARS OLD

FUCK

Donald Trump: President of the Electoral College

Hillary Clinton: President of the People

>Incentive to vote
I live in WA, there's no way we were gonna flip the state, but we all voted anyway. Its a civic duty.

>President Trump

>1 post by this ID
But I'll bite. Technically 46% of people did not vote, so Anarchy won the popular vote. Libtarded statists BTFO'd!

Not how it works, you wrong and retarded faggot.

Voter turnout was actually really pathetic.

Only 1% of registered voters actually voted.

>twitter will never be around when Al Gore lost won the popular vote but lost the election

This is a daily reminder than the world is fully of people with a lot of comments and no knowledge.

Why don't you look into why the electoral college exist? So that states like NY and CA don't rule over AR or UT because of their populations.

OP IS A NIGGER FAGGOT

The battle is won but the war rages on

“I absolutely reject the nationalist, anti-immigrant and hateful politics of Donald Trump and will work to shield our community from this movement as best as I can,” Maloney wrote about Trump’s supporters.

rev up those socks
You know what to do faggots
I hope grubhub isn't DDoSed into the stone age

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor-General_of_Australia
?

friendly reminder that we are a Republic, not a true democracy

Are you retarded? Under 50% is not a majority.

>0.3%

well, in 2000 the same happened and the democrats didn't go apeshit...

>the cucked betamale refugee loving German nu-male wanted Hillary to win
Surprise to no one.

>compete for who has the biggest states
>lose
>NU UH I DIDN'T LOSE! I GOT MORE VOTES!!!
What fucking idiots.
You were not competing to get the most votes, just shut the fuck up.
If you were competing for the popular vote there would be more people voting.
Many democrats don't feel like voting in Texas - they know it's going to be red. Many republicans don't bother voting in Cali - they know it's going to be blue anyway. Not just that, but a lot dems in Cali have no reason to bother voting and republicans in Texas feel like they have no reason to vote.
It's all about voting in the states that can be flipped.

Why is this so hard to understand?

You are so retarded like everybody who thinks that way. It's not that the system fails, it's that elections are based on how it works.

Because you need more states rather than more votes the campaign is set on that, trump wouldn't spend much time on california because it's blue anyways. Thus missing votes there. If the elections were about total amount of vote, the campaigns would be adjusted to gaining votes rather than states, not comparable to current results, as trump might have still won the popular vote if he had focussed on that.

>The guy with the fewest votes wins! Yay!

America is not a democracy. It's a banana republic.

47,7% > 47,3%

Does it hurt to be so stupid?

I wish that would have been the case here when hofer lost.

It's a good system when each state is as big as an average country. The country is a collection of somewhat independent states, makes sense.

Did it hurt to lose all of this?

>America is not a democracy
Hey, you finally made a correct statement. You're still a retarded faggot.

>It's a banana republic.

Nope, nvm you're still a wrong and retarded faggot.

Cucked German your women are having sex with brown sub-humans and your ancestors are rolling in their graves.

The majority of illegals

What are you talking about, he is the brown sub human.

*are illegals

I don't like trump but he won the elections fair

republic

>Austria
>Australia
This bait, right?

But for real, I was pointing out that OP is from a country where the head of government (i.e. their chancellor) is appointed by their president (the head of state) - meaning he could be governed by someone who got literally zero votes.

>Does it hurt to be so stupid?

Does it hurt to not be ignorant about runoff voting?

>women are having sex with brown sub-humans

Correct.

Also forgot to add you guys are lucky that lots of illegals' children are still under 18.

Congratulations, you are both retarded and are unable to see why the results were the way they were.

Only rabid dumb fucks don't understand the US election system. It's one of the better ones really.

We only have voting because the constitution allows it

See, we elected someone who will do something about it. You elected a WOMAN who ruined your country and Europe.

Cucked German.

Less than half of voters voted for Hillary. More than half voted for Trump or libertarian Gary Johnson.