Also this movie is pretty good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X4Jl4Ua4qn0
youtube.com/watch?v=-Tq_v0lbLpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>"good guy" shaming
Don't you mean Nice guy.

2010-2013 was golden age for DreamWorks, fun but not stupid movies

Why the fuck can't Megamind pronounce Metro City correctly and still have a mega mind?

Specially when he pronounces "Metro Man" correctly

It was /r9k/ shaming.

How can one be narcissistic and insecure at the same time?

The same reason Stewie can't say whip correctly, or Benedict Cumberbatch and penguins.

You'd be surprised

>"H-hey Cindy! I'm totally here for you...ya know. Haha-hahaa...Not like those mean jocks who would treat you like dirt! ':3 (Please love me...) "

>"STUPID CUNT. Doesn't know whats good for her. I hope she gets raped... Then she'll regret turning me down!"

Narcisscism doesn't necessarily mean self-love, you can be wrapped up in your own self-hatred and insecurity as well.
Because a running gag in which he pronounces words phonetically.
That's not exactly a good example.

I imagine it's like having a victim complex

You think you're too smart for everybody but in practice you get social anxiety if you perceive others' opinion on you isn't as high as yourself's.

Think early Tomoko from watamote, or that guy that likes to talk about how smart he is for watching rick and morty or following the amazingatheist's podcast

Or Rick

It's a very common Nice guy trait.

One of the biggest symptoms of clinical narcissism is low self esteem because the narcissist depends on external validation. Whereas 'normal' people can find internal validation for their well being, the Narcissist is unable to and tries to substitute the lack of internal validation by seeking out approbation and admiration from other people.

Megamind one of the underrated DW ones, but probably could lose the final dance montage

>I like to use non offensive words to offend people
>the rest of that

Shit that's pathetic.

Narcissists are some of the most insecure people of all. When you draw all your validation from external sources, that tends to indicate that you have poor internal validation.

This shit's not exactly hard, user.

The movie gave conflicting messages. The girl calls Jonah Hill a geek yet she's got the hots for Bernard.

It's not because he's a geek. He's just terminally not attractive.

Megamind!Bernard is genuine though while Jonah Hill's character is a desperate schlub who equates having a relationship to actually accomplishing anything with his miserable life.

Relationships don't make you instantly happy nor are they some trophy to prove that you matter. They're an ongoing challenge that pushes you to change and demands that you bring something to the table.

1. Bernard is WAY hotter than Hal
2. Hal was more than unattractive, he was fucking creepy and awkward as shit. "Hey, wanna go back to my place, I'm throwing a sick party." "No thanks Hal, I don't feel like being around people." "No no no no, that's the best part, it'll just be like you and me!".

It's still a really important thing to seek out in your life. Otherwise you won't be as easily able to improve yourself, assist the partner in question, or have anyone to share and receive burdens with. Being alone is misery for most people.

I think Megamind is the ONLY time a dance party ending fits, because Megamind has been dancing the entire movie.

Compared to like, The Wild, Hotel Transylvania, Despicable Me, Shrek, Horton Hears A Who where that shit comes out of fucking nowhere.

Man, Megamind is actually a pretty good film. I love his P R E S E N T A T I O N.

That whole sequence was great.

Megamind was one of the most underrated superhero cartoons of this decade. The old hero got to retire, the new hero got to prove himself and establish a clean record. Shit was golden
Also because a dance party fits Mega's obsession with big effects and publicity

So in the end did he see the good in Megamind, or was he just really that dedicated to retiring that he gave no shits if Mega fucked it up?

youtube.com/watch?v=X4Jl4Ua4qn0

Well he checked up on him in secret so I'm assuming a bit of column A and a bit of column B.

He did? As in you can see it happen in the movie, not just Metroman saying it in that one speech to Mega in his mansion?

I keep telling myself I'm great because nobody else does, but I know I can't trust myself because I'm a narcissist

A bit of both, I think. He wanna retire, badly, and a Mega was kinda cool and good.

He was "incognito" at the city hall ceremony at the end; I guess you could assume he would have intervened and fought down Tighten if Megamind had failed. But it was important for MM to think he wouldn't save the day in order to push him towards doing it himself

>villain kills a hero
>villain creates a hero but he becomes villain
>villains defeats a villain he created, get rewarded.

i dont get it, he should be punished for all the stuff he did.

It's super unfair it got shot down critically because of Despicable Me and people considering it a ripoff; it's simply so much fucking better

Agreed. Megamind was funnier too.

That’s the power of R E P R E S A N T A T I O N.

>tfw we could have had Brainbots as the annoying mass market saturation gimmick instead of Minions

Truly we are in the darkest timeline.

He didn't kill anyone. He just owes the city a lot for property damage.

It's implied Metro Man is still lying low by the end of the movie, so people must still think Mega Mind killed him.

He was a Silver Age villain who intended to create a Silver Age herro, but ended up created a 90s villain.
He gave all the power in the world to a person in the hopes that he would use it for good, and tried to guide him. He can't be responsible if the other turns out to be a huge asshole. Or criminally responsible, at least. It was mistake.
That's like blaming Erskine if Captain America goes bad.

>and there is no Queen of England

I will always find that funny

It's a joke and part of the plot.

I'm gonna stitch this into a pillow

Seriously. More people need to know this.

Sounds fake to make but I'm sure something like that happens

People who truly internalize it don't need a pillow.
People who know but lack the will power to not constantly feel that impulse at their low points.
People who this genuinely never occurred to probably won't trust it, especially if you dispense it along with other worthless platitudes that are stitched into pillows.

The entire theme of the movie was about power/authority, and how it's used/abused. I swear to god, if this was released it today, people would be calling it a "black lives matter" movie

Oh it be real. This one sounds a lot like the ones my sister's been on the receiving end of in college.

Don't be a creep kids.

remember these posters?

I was genuinely surprised WALL-E din't end in one. It was built on over the the course of the whole movie.

He went off the rails on a crazy train.

>i dont get it
that's right, you don't

According to many psychologists, most cases of superiority complex seem to be just an inferiority complex twisted around to protect the individual from his insecurities.

>I cannot discuss anything without injecting my anger at normies into it
>why is everyone so stupid except me
>I miss the 90s

>Wall-E ends with the extinction of humanity since they lacked the manpower and energy to deal with billions of snapped ankles resulted from the attempted dance scene

Yes, user. It's a movie about people who literally fight over the control of the city(authority). We later see that authority change hands several times, and see it both used for good and bad. This is the entire movie.

>I cannot discuss anything without projecting and ad hominems

>I guess you could assume he would have intervened and fought down Tighten if Megamind had failed.
MetroMan genuinely believes it would have all worked itself out without him intervening. Tighten already destroyed half the city, if MM didn't fly off to save the day then, the only thing that would push him to do so would be the extinction of the planet. He even says, "When there's evil, good will always rise up after it". He really put his faith in "good rising up" to just eat a sandwich mere miles away from people screaming in help, that he could easily hear with his superhearing.

well he never intended to shoot Hal with that gun, that was a fuck up

It’s very real. You’d be surprised how many times this specifically happens (“nice guys” spiralling into a insult-ridden tirade in response to rejection)

I really wish this and Monsters vs. Aliens had more success so we would get more sci-fi oriented more mature CGI movies instead of that cutesy crap DW made recently

GOAT sequence.

mostly it goes

>wow you're so pretty! Do you want to go out?
>Sorry no
>oh you're fucking ugly anyway, you should be glad I gave you a chance

Literally me.

Have you considered suicide?

Yes. But my ego is too big to do that.

Narcissism is a form of insecurity.

Not something to be proud of, user.

Edgelord? They just couldn't find a negative word that started with e, didn't they?

I honestly would have liked to see Metro Man beating the shit out of Tighten. Just for fun; how often do we see incredibly uneven fights between two people with the exact same powers?

I found him very intimidating. Manchildren with supreme abilities always scare the hit out of me.

What's so bad about being rejected gently? I mean, considering how he straight up asked for nudes that's a pretty diplomatic response of her.

Come on user, you can be better than that. Try to change or kill yourself. One of those options will make you and everyone around you happier; the other will only make everyone else happy. There's no excuse.

>assholes who come from single parent households circlejerking about "nice guys"

>how often do we see incredibly uneven fights between two people with the exact same powers?

Kung Fu Panda has you covered in that

youtube.com/watch?v=-Tq_v0lbLpc

These movies are seriously underrated. Those ''inner peace'' moments in the second one still give me chills to this day

By stabbing your roommates and going on a killing spree like Elliot Rodger

Nothing, which is why the guy's reaction was pathetic and deplorable.

I thought the third movie was a big letdown and a disappointing end to the trilogy.

I would rather kill you instead lmao

Good taste; that's the best fight in the entire movie. It's so good I kind of resent the fact that it's right before the final showdown; Po beating the shit out of Tai Lung is so anticlimatic compared that previous battle.

Nothing indicates that he's like that other than "I'm shy". Elliot Rodger was way more forward, but also much more patently narcissistic and insecure.

I honestly thought that, while the worst of all the three, it's not bad or irredeemable. Just average and disappointing in comparison to the two movies prior. At least this one has the damn nicest visuals of the saga.

Someone post the edits please.

>He straight up asked for nudes
Take a load of this soyboy feminist nerd
I bet I could kick your ass

You crumble when a woman rejects you; you're too much of a fag to hurt anyone other than yourself.

Keep projecting, lad. You will be next.

Where's the pic from?

After you.

Why are you saying tighten intead of titan

Hey, there's nothing wrong with asking for nudes. I've done it too. Some times I get them, most I don't, but there's no reason to be angry. The thing is that you don't usually ask for nudes until you've intuited that the girl is into you.

Titan is the superhero name Megamind came up with. Tighten is the supervillain name Hal used.

I used to have a classmate in highschool that was liked that.

>had a crush in a girl.
>bought her gifts, gave her compliments, joke around with her...
>at some point (like two weeks) he finally built up courage to ask her out.
>girl would refuse because obvious reasons
>after that he won't stop whinning about how that girl is a "lesbian bitch with a penis".
>this happened almost every moth with a new girl.
>that dumbass never realize how cringey he was.

I got like dozens of Nudes asking them right after sending pics of myself

He should have just worked out then beated up their Chad boyfriends and then reject them and insult them in public

I'm happy for you, user.

sure bro keep telling yourself that

He actually started working out, but lifts don't cure autism, and most of the girls boyfriends weren't even Chads, they were or hipsters or ok-tier jocks, that guy was just plain stupid.