Disney Parks

When are they going to replace this piece of shit?

Bring back my boy Alien Encounter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hbSRhFHyJKg
youtu.be/4MM_GZNkDgY
youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's what you get with adults who bring their children on a ride despite warnings.

>they compromise and make the ride about Stitch protecting the audience from a xenomorph the entire show

It’s already closed user. Replaced with a Stitch meet and greet.

>Alien Encounter

Fuck yes, that was great. I was laughing my ass off when the tech got ate and they sprayed the audience with water.

Wait really?

Man they better have something cool to replace it

It was on the chopping block literally for this weekend but got a reprieve because they needed the guest displacement. It's going to become a seasonal attraction during peak times like Carousel of Progress until WDI figures out what to do with it.

The ride was re-opened for the holidays. Apparently, Disney will re-opened it on a seasonal basis.

Heard the original ride was scary enough. Some parents with kids that got legitimately scared were successful in getting refunds. Eventually, grown-ass adults caught on and were able to BS their way into refunds.

Alien encounter scared the shit out of me as a child and I loved every second of it. I was so disappointed the next time I went to DW and the ride was replaced with Stitch.

If we're talking Disney parks: What are your hopes for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway?
>youtube.com/watch?v=hbSRhFHyJKg

Great movie ride was timeless, so I'm disappointed to see that they are going with the current Mickey design from the Disney Channel show. Not that I don't love the designs, but 10 years from now I can't help but feel like it will be painfully dated and based on a relitively short lived series that hasn't been relevant for years. Unlike the Great Movie Ride.

I'd definitely have gone with a different art style. Something that isn't a tie-in and could also be as timeless as TGMR was

Bump

Even if it ends up being somewhat decent, I still won't be able to forgive Disney for killing Great Movie Ride for another "screen" ride (with cheap-looking animation to boot)

>They'll never bring the dragon back
We live in worst timeline.

Unpopular opinion, but Great Movie Ride needed to die. The animatronics were very outdated (except for the Wicked Witch), they didn't look anything like the actors they were suppose to represent (although I would understand if there was an issue with using certain likenesses), and the sets needed a good thorough cleaning. The only thing that was really worth keeping the ride around for was the cast members making each show unique.

An update would have been better

how difficult is it to get hired as a costumed character?
is it true they fuck each other and have orgies?

Mickey should have been a new build/inserted in the animation building instead of a GMR replacement. Replacing a classic aside, Hollywood Studios needs more capacity. Like even when the two new lands open, you'll still be capable of counting all the rides in that park with only two hands.

Personally, I would have been okay with a Great Movie Ride overhaul focused more on Disney's library if they were insistent on "We gotta make the park all about what we own" stuff. Like instead of Gangsters hijacking your car, make it Pirates.

>is it true they fuck each other and have orgies?

You guys say that updates would have been better, but do you know how much it would cost to
>Remove non-Disney owned IPs (Mary Poppins and Fantasia being the only Disney movies with scenes)
or
>Create new animatronics and masks to replace the old ones
That's a lot of fucking money Disney did not want to spend, so they replaced it with a trackless projector ride.

Keep in mind each and every princess has to do their time as Mickey or Winnie the Pooh or any other costumed character first before they glam it up.

You forgot Indiana Jones.

And the Western sets could easily stay in place with John Wayne and Clint Eastwood being replaced by Zorro and Davy Crockett or something.

And they are building some animatronic figures for the new Mickey ride anyways.

>You forgot Indiana Jones
I didn't, because at the time of GMR's creation, Indiana Jones was not a Disney property.

>being replaced by Zorro and Davy Crockett or something
Those were both TV shows.
>But they got movies-
Yeah, but they were cut up episodes of the TV shows to make up a movie, that would be cheating. And besides, the point of the ride was to showcase the greatest and most iconic films of the 20th century, and although Disney's Davy Crockett and Zorro were pretty good for what they were, they're definitely far from the greatest films ever made.

Post more Japanese parks!

The reason Splash Mountain wasn’t built in Paris

Snow? Looks cool desu

Bump

They really should have built Euro Disney in Spain like they initially planned. But no, fucking tax breaks take priority over the climate, proximity to the Mediterranean sea, practicality, long-term profits and customer satisfaction.

It bit them in the ass since frogs didn't like it being called EuroDisneyland and took years for it to start making a profit.

I read you have to keep the fur costumes on no matter how hot it gets outside.

I heard Italy was the original plan. Would have that Mediterranean warmth and a large local Disney fanbase to support it.

Even Roy Disney agrees
>We should have built Euro Disney in Spain. The site that the Imagineers had chosen there had far better weather. More to the point, this area already had a strong tourism-based economy in place, a pool of people going-on-holiday that we could have pulled our Guests from. Plus a great rail system, but the French offered Eisner far better financial terms. They were willing to give the Company all sorts of financial incentives and tax breaks if we built this project in France rather than in Spain.

Neither was Alien, Casablanca or Wizard of Oz

>WAAAAAHHHH KIDS CAN'T LEARN TO ENJOY BEING SCARED!!!!!

I had modern parents.

Just got back from Disneyland in CA, wondering how bad the crowds are normally supposed to be.

This time a year, not bad.
Of course that's a relative "not bad". Shit is always busy these days.

My point was in a "Disney owned focus" overhaul of the Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones would probably be retained now that Disney does own it.

Lets not forget that Disney now owns 20th Century Fox. A great movie ride overhaul would be perfect to flaunt their new properties

>Eisner originally wanted to use the Xenomorph for Alien Encounter
>Disney now owns Fox's IP's, including Alien

What the fuck are you even talking about? Learn to enjoy being scared? Did he say anything about that? You just set up an army of scarecrow arguments. Nobody should enjoy being scared. Nobody should have to learn to enjoy being scared. Nobody should be scared of a "ride" where a shitty animation robot stays in place where it is BOLTED TO THE GROUND, nobody should enjoy that "ride" and any "ride" that shitty shouldn't exist. Don't post anymore, please.

>You will never fuck a disney princess after 10 hours of being in a mascot costume stewing in her own juices.

You wold think Stitch would become less and less relevant with each year. It was huge in the early 00's when the movie and tv series came out but it has been a while since we saw anything from it.

Eisner in general wanted the company to attract more teen/adult audience and made changes that reflected that.

Iger isn't nearly as willing to stray from the family friend niche that has worked so well for all these years. It ain't going to happen but stranger things have occurred.

I imagine it was hard getting enough cast members to keep going with it since this ride required a lot of interaction from the hosts. And at least two of them per ride. That has to be hard to keep on doing all day, much less for several days. And then getting people who are good at it etc.

It's an acting gig, so same as getting a spot in a stage play, commercial, studio job etc. Most go through the same old casting calls and tryouts, usually through an agency etc.

Others work their way up from costumed park attendant and get the job based on a decent history of interacting with park guests. But this is not really for interacting parts as much as it is for low interaction like someone who waves from a tower or on a parade float. They do not do the singing or talking to anyone for any reason. Maybe hanging out in the waiting areas where people stand in line for rides. Since it is meant to be the "best" experience for the guests the park managers do not fuck around when it comes to character interaction.

Iger's concept is multiple IP's tailor made for each demographic.

Mickey and pals for little kids, PRincess and fantasy Disney movies for girls, Marvel for boys, Star Wars for teens and young adults.

Already in the Great Movie Ride

I'm sad Movie Ride is gone but happy they're replacing it with 2013 Mickey at least.

The sooner Stitch gets a good attraction the better

I've been hearing CoP was seasonal for years but I've always seen it operating regularly, even in Jan and March.

todays the last day of stitch

I think they considered both places

I actually went to the original alien encounter

And I can tell you that it was scary as fuck I was sad as hell to find it was toned down

What's the benefit of only keeping a ride up during certain seasons? I would assume a single ride like Stitch doesn't require a ton of resorces, so why not keep it constantly open, even if riders are dwindling? I can't see what the point of closing it during slow seasons is

Something about this seems really sad to me. Passing by Pooh and wanna give him a high five but he's probably dying on the inside, still has to fake making the customers happy.

Yeah, but when it reaches a certain point, their time in the sun gets cut so there's not a hundred cases of heatstroke.
And I don't know if Disney incorporate any of the techniques, but cosplayers in Japan line their costumes with icepacks and other stuff.

Still not Sup Forums

I was on it in 2000, it was fucking amazing.

Especially when the lights went out and I reached over and grabbed my friend's shoulder the second the lights went out.

Get some friends.

>Disney Park thread not Sup Forums
Just how fucking new are you faggot?

>How to spot the new guy on their first day

SHIT WAS SO SCARY!! I VIVIDLY REMEMBER THE FEAR!!

still requires the electrical usage of operations and AC. Disney would still want to cut those costs and save a pence around any corner they come across.

That reminds me of the trope of the high school mascot being played by the awkward cute girl.

Those guys only play the princesses that wave in the parades. The ones that walk around and talk to the people are actors who are hired through auditions.

It's like a stepping stone to getting in on a Disney channel tv show or maybe if they are extremely lucky a film.

Mickey and Minnie are played by smol grills

I like Disney but everyone I know prefers Universal

>muh rollercosters and thrill rides
Jesus just fuck off to Six Flags

It makes me sad knowing this animatronic is probably just going to end up rotting in a storage locker.

>And I don't know if Disney incorporate any of the techniques, but cosplayers in Japan line their costumes with icepacks and other stuff.
They have these summer water festival parades where they splash water on guests (and characters)
youtu.be/4MM_GZNkDgY

I just want to work at the parks for like a year. I want to experience that. Has anyone here worked there? What was it like?

>you'll never have a threesome with "Elsa" and "Anna"

They put you in a laser imaging chamber that measures your exact dimensions in 3D to see if you fit the profile of the character.

>It's like a stepping stone to getting in on a Disney channel tv show or maybe if they are extremely lucky a film.

I've never heard of that. I'm not saying it's untrue I've just never heard that of the park actors. I always got the vibe that being a character pretty much sucked unless you were among the most diehard of Disney fans.

There's plenty of AMAs over at Sup Forums's mortal enemy, reddit. They're pretty interesting reads.

I always check here before going there for that exact reason

The dude in front of me put his coat on the arm of his seat, so I didn't get sprayed but he was arguing with the staff about his ruined coat, so that made me happy

Bump

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA

That was the same year as me

I was always wondering if it was a real person or an animatronic flashlight when the lights went out

I went to Magic Kingdom just a few days ago, on the fourth. It was sad seeing such a low amount of people on the CoP. I love that ride. Sure I enjoyed that something didn't have literally hour-long lines, but even fuckin hall of presidents had more people, and I only went on that to see the Trump/Clinton abomination.
Also hurt a bit to see the People Mover was dirty bc I guess people like to slop their food and drink on the walls in there.

Who /countybears/ here?

Makes me wonder how Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain's doing.

For some reason, when I went at least, it wasn't busy until the cold hit later at night

Is the Buzz shooter ride still there?

I fucking love those kind of rides.

I saw the live action movie... bears and humans co-existing like they were humans too. I wanted to bang that female bear in the movie. also wanted to bang beary

What non-suit character could you pull off, anons?

Yep. And I still suck at it.

>Thought I did really good
>Better than all my older siblings and cousins
>mfw my Uncle got double my score

I still don't understand how he did it.

Never been to Disney World, is there anything still there as cool as the Gmod map for this made it out to be?
Kind of sucks that I'll miss out on the dozens of things they removed if I ever go to Disney World.

>gmod map
For Downtown Disney? That's pretty cool, never heard of it. It's Disney Springs now, they could make a new map.
EPCOT's world showcase night make for good maps as well, if that's what you're looking for.

>For Downtown Disney
Nah, for the Adventurers Club. Was wondering if they have anything as cool as that seemed to be, going off of the map alone.
Slapping up a picture of it to give an example of what map I am referring to, shame it died. Seems like it was cool.

The Adventurers Club has been replaced by a steampunk-y restaurant called The Edison.

The base concept behind the Adventurers Club meanwhile, has been expanded into a shared universe for some of Disney's attractions based around the "Society of Explorers and Adventurers" or SEA. Originally developed for Tokyo, they've been bringing it into other parks since. Attractions tied into the SEA lore include Tokyo's Tower of Terror, Mystic Manor in Hong Kong, Big Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, the Jungle Cruise and Typhoon Lagoon.

I remember a guy getting fired for doing this

That ride is on deaths door. Last time I went there was no line despite being at peak park season. There was two other families and the kids weren't entertained. The woman running it made this weird speech beforehand about how much she loved Country Bear Jamboree and how we should all be quiet and stay still out of "respect", Kids were antsy the entire time anyway.

It's really something out of a different age. Especially now that every other ride from the original opening has been changed so much its weird to see something straight out of 1970 in the middle of advanced animatronics, animated screens, and all the high tech stuff going on. I'll be sad to see it go but honestly, it wasn't a very good time.