Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97786314/

Other urls found in this thread:

gyazo.com/5f684ae9c5b5cf89b3b17751da137874
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Last time:

-5 Supervillans Walk into a Bar got discussed for the first time in years
-Towel Man, the new Awesome Man villain got new art (see OP)
-More new art in general
-New Year's plots
-Small bits of Trine Discussion
-More old stuff that almost no one remembers and wasn't recorded anywhere got brought up
-Some of that old stuff got incorporated into 'I know a Guy' as progress on it continues (specifically the female clone idea, she's tentatively named Pepper now) pic related
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Dropping a prompt to get some talk started

>We are starting to get interest in the coalition outside of Marley with a new villain for Awesome man. Who are some other Sup Forumsalition members that you think need more love?

Nice to see the power cards coming back.

Hey, someone remembered her vampire hunter friend. This is probably the first time he's been named.

Where to even start?

The entire former Youth Coalition has a whole lot of nothing.

Cheshire Cat we have very little info on aside from him "playing on the other team" (which means gay, not secretly a villain as that was the first thing that came to Quickdraw's mind, and mine) and illusion powers.

We have a backstory for Quickdraw, but I doubt anyone else saved it. It's too long for this post.

We have almost no information on Immovable Lad, Wisp, Dwemer, or Pillbug.
The most any of them has been used is Wisp making an appearance in the Aqua Coalition (of Super Friends) plot to have a conversation with Barron Waste's ghost.

I don't even know what their powers are.

Then there's all the doodles. Most notably Chrysalis I guess who seems to be in the same bush league as Ladybug.

What are their resolutions?

I worked on a few quick sketches this week. This one in remembrance of the Contaiment agent, Freak.
Are there any pastebins about Sup Forumsntaiment? I would like to see more of them.
Critique/Advice is welcome (I feel like I fucked up a bit the anatomy of Rookie on this one)

Sounds like you wanna focus on the youths first.

Spring wants to assert more leadership in the group
Summer wants to discover more whimsical things (not difficult, given her occupation)
Fall wants to make her teammates more combat competent by training them to fight
Winter just wants to make the world a better place by having more cute boys get together even if she has to make it happen herself.

I wanted to do characters doing mundane things.

There's a Sup Forumsntainment story on the wiki called Snoop as well as some comics also on the wiki.

Other than that and what's on the related pages, they never got much in the way of proper stories.

The Youth Coalition are the ones we have at least some visual references for.
So it's as good a place to start as any.

Everyone looks 90 years old...

More Sageworthy Society

Towelman's Technique: Sciatica Scorpion

>Fall wants to make her teammates more combat competent by training them to fight

It'll be an interesting storyline when she tries to get womanlet Spring to be threatening to anything other than a midget.

>Okay, try and do that throw I showed you on me.
>...Are you joking?

I see an overarching problem is that characters of similar height have inconsistent proportions, mainly the head. Not that this doesn't actually happen, but not nearly as dramatic as you do it. But still, keep going, heaven knows we need more /coc/

Some random sketches. I read someone was working on a Bees/Venus script, how that went? Also, is Whisper related to Sup Forumsntaiment?

I would say immovable lad is something of a juggernaut type. Strength and defense are his two powers. Can't move him back, can't stop him moving forward.

WriterAnon, I did a thing!
Also, don't mind the extra silhouettes of people they're just stand-ins (unless you and I want to write about them).

Damn, that's nice. How's progress?

Rare moments where they are not at each other's throats.

Whisper has never had any interaction with Sup Forumsntainment as far as I know.

I think he'd be tied more to the Hobo Intelligence Network since Jeri/co/ was the first identified person to spread the idea. Where the HIN took it from there and how Whisper ended up getting in touch with The Collective (who then put out the psychic ad for an attendant) have never been discussed.

>Damn, that's nice. How's progress?

Honestly, pretty shoddy.
I've never had to make a comic in my life before.

I really have to ask though, pretend you don't know the characters, can you tell what they are/their themes are with each one?

(I wanted to convey what they are without describing them outright. Kinda like if you show this to someone, they'll get it.)

Not the user you replied to but the art isn't there yet. The speedster has the theme set up, but his actual body is barely there so it doesn't look coherent with the other two. The Archenemy is ok, just ok. The minions don't give off the idea of minions, I would have a hard time guessing the purpose of them if I didn't already know the character's theme. Perhaps have a more humanoid shape for them while also have them all within a larger silhouette of the Villan. And the girls look is an overcrowded. She doesn't advertise "street cleaner", more "hitman". I suggest you have her attack One person and make it more brutal, instead of trying to making a bunch of deaths that end up crowding the design.

>pretend you don't know the characters, can you tell what they are/their themes are with each one?
The light blue one conveys speed based on his pose and tron line path.
The red one conveys menace, he has minions right there, his A looks like it's making a frown-y face, and he's doing an almost Darth Vader pose.
The purple one is clearly shooting people, it invokes a spy or hitman impression.

Duly noted.

> light blue
OH GOD IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIGHT GREEN.
I'VE MADE A HORRIBLE MISTAKE.

5 Supervillains Walk Into a Bar was my first introduction to /coc/. Feels nostalgic.

When you said "the art isn't there yet", what exactly did you mean by this?
Are you talking about the composition?

I just meant that you could stand to give another shot at it. I already listed what I thought should be changed

I'm doing alright with Bees/VFT work. I have 3 issues outlined in Marvel Method style, with a more distinct script for #1.

Do Bees and Venus actually love each other?

Okay but you have to walk me through it.

On the subject of the Arch-bots, do you want them to look humanoid now?
I mean I can take them out of the picture (They were supposed to look like a range of mountains below Wells) and replace them with the cityscape of New Lamenton if you want.

These things, they take time...

But the answer is "Of course". Though I will say Bees is a tad broken at the point we join him, and is in need of some redemption when the story begins. I took some liberties based on previous backstory entries, attempting to reconcile the dark tone with a lighter one. Think Waid's Daredevil.

How I have it set, is issue 1 is a sort of cold open for Venus and Bees first meeting with some teases to both's backstories/worlds. Issue 2 is where each get some fleshing out; Bees for example having an abridged origin culminating in him killing Cat's Pajamas to save the life of Cat's Meow. Venus having vague memories of life before being a plant-person, but not really challenging loyalty to Faggot Tree for a bit.
Torn whether Bees realizes Venus from issue one, or in issue 3. Would certainly give material for issue 4...

>Arch-bots, do you want them to look humanoid now?
Like I said, I ain't the user you've been discussing with for the last couple of weeks. And I don't mean they have to be uber human looking, just something that shows clearly that the bots are his underlings rather than his Furby collection, ya know? I made a quick thing on paint on what I think shows the theme better. maybe some extra detail to separate the cape from the body, the design of his clothes, maybe have his egg bots flying to show off their eggness

Not him, but I think they're fine looking like cartoon villain bots. I think what the user is getting at is that the Archbots presence in the pic isn't clear enough that they are minions of a supervillain.

Showing a bit more of them might remedy that by giving them the look of troops marching in line, even though they float.

Taken before their time.

>egg bots

Kek, I feel like that's what JD colloquially calls them much against Well's tirades of a structurally sound design meant to also intimidate carrying the intrinsic nature of a chest-beating gorilla.

But they look like an egg with arms...

Didn't Mandark from Dexter's Lab also have robots kind of like that at one point?

Nothing wrong with that, it just came to mind.

Thank you for doing more content of my obscure-even-for-/coc/ waifu.

I believe so, even Jack's Jack-bots look similar.
They're a trope.

Couldn't we revive them, or something? It's not like we're using Project Vanguard right now.

At least these two, if anything else.

Yeah, seems to be the starting point for a lot of do-it-yourself supervillains.

Easy to put together, easy to salvage, and enough numbers to offset any particularly glaring weaknesses.
When doing a retreat they should grab as many of their fallen bots as possible too.

Their deaths are sort of important to the Chicago War story line, without that having happened, the bad guys would've won in the end I think.

There's another story line, or IDEA I should say, where someone tries to save them via time travel and fucks up everything. It's the Blue Beetle dilemma with them almost.

And the Six Feet Thunder in Project Vanguard is a different one from the one in the Sup Forumsverse, part of his wiki page even goes over how that happened.

Really, dude. I have a huge boner for anything Sup Forumsntainment, and I can only really tell Strummer and Captain Rookie, apart.

>"So what's the deal with your eyes?" asked Alex, curiously. Delta rarely gave straight answers, but that rarely stopped Alex from asking straight questions.
>Delta paused a moment, possibly considering something, then asked "What's the one thing a shapeshifter can't change?"
>Alex's brow furrowed. "I can't think of anything I haven't seen you change."
>The shapeshifter's little knowing smile reappeared "What's the one thing you would think a shapeshifter can't change then, if you hadn't seen it happen?"
>Alex, sensing the narrative, ventured a guess "The eyes."
>"Right. It's a convenient fiction. There are all sorts of stories of shapeshifters with special eyes that betray their true form." said Delta, grinning a little wider "So when people see a shapeshifter with very distinct eyes, they think that the shapeshifter must not be able to change them. And so, naturally, anyone who doesn't have those eyes can't be the shapeshifter."
>"You don't wear a mask because your mask is sort of built in. A lie that's part of your face."
>"Everyone's face is a lie, Alexandra." said Delta, stressing her full name. "Sometimes you need visible lies to get people to believe a truth they can't see."
>Alex knew better, but couldn't help herself. "And what's your invisible truth, in that case?"
>Delta looked away. "Maybe," said Delta, slowly "that there's nothing wrong with being just visible lies."

Striker wasn't actually part of Project Vanguard. He was made just to die.

Thanks, will be working on proportions. I was thinking on practicing with characters that dont get much love, maybe we could do like a Superior Foes with rejected OC's.
It supposed to be Strummer, Sink, Rookie, Trinket, his ghost, and Marian. I tried doing like a tired/battle worn look, but went overboard, will give another go to the illustration. I really like the whole Sup Forumsntaiment, critique is appreciated, would like to keep practicing, are there any Sup Forumsntaiment characters that don't get drawn often? I saw on the Sup Forumsnservatory that some agents only exist on concept.

Someone needs to finish the wiki entry on it.

Whoa I didn't think anyone even remembered Awesome Man lol

Gross.

Someone wanted to bring him back, so we're bringing him back.

New enemies so far include Towel Man and his sister as well as a deep undercover mafia guy who is head of the police in his city and can turn into a giant stag beetled bug man who looks like he has devil horns.

Very

Huh. Neat.

You'd only need to go back maybe 2 or 3 threads to see how discussion started back up again.

Any word from Sloth user yet?

None. Only that he was going to be busy over the holidays.

Someone else could jump in to do the script if he hasn't shown up by next weekend. Gotta keep the metal hot and all that.

I like it.

What do you think goes through Awesome Man's head when he hears Towel Man is causing trouble again? Is he more concerned with getting wet or his ass getting whipped?

I was that user. I saw a lot of Ladybug artwork through the wiki and was reminded of Awesome Man and Poison Dart. Seems they were unwanted territory but I wanted to bring them back into the spotlight. Mainly Awesome Man. Do you have any input you wanna pitch in?

And I almost forgot about the beetle enemy we tried to come up with. He was an up-and-coming villain in a gang when Mama Bear was still active. Years later after she retires, this guy climbs the rank of the police to become a corrupt chief/detective (forgot which one.)

The team up mainly fell through I think due to time tables and schedule slips. Or at least I think that's what happened.
They wern't unwanted.

Let's say he's chief, that's the position that decides the shifts, right? Make sure his boys are the ones on active duty when his illegal operations are on the move.

>white girls consider that booty

Sad.

>/coc/'s fattest ass is on an asian chick

Really makes you think.

Maybe one day our world could be so perfect.

>sad booty
I don't particularly see anything wrong with it?

ZSS is a cancerous blight and anyone who likes it should be exterminated.

First off, it was just a request.
Secondly, I'm not even a white girl.

New lewd art, folks.

gyazo.com/5f684ae9c5b5cf89b3b17751da137874

That's a bepis.

>Hmmmmm...

>RBG
How much did you pay for that? Seems like it's not one of his best. Even for a sketch.

Just 18$ for a quick stream sketch. Wish I coulda put in more money. Least it may drive further writing.

Also, Writeranon (Or any user that may have any interest would exceedingly be appreciated.)

In regards to T:NLA, there is in-universe comics so I'm going to ask that would those be completely new "fictional" people or THE real superheroes detailing their heroics in comic fashion? (Some may be greatly exaggerated as well.) Or both?

Asking because of great potential for perception vs reality scenes
Like a hero may be a paragon of virtue but in reality is very promiscuous behind public eye *COUGH* *COUGH*

This is really shit, though.

Both I'd say.

Maybe when JD finally meets another hero after he gets tossed back in time they are a little different from what the comics based on them depict.

If you plan on slamming this into the Sup Forumsverse proper, then both are probably the answer. Then again, I don't have the summary of this venture to go off of so I'm kinda jabbing in the dark, advice wise.

Agghh, user why!?

Yup, that can work.

>slamming inside Sup Forumsverse proper

Pretty that's gonna piss off some anons on what they've already established.
You gotta ask them first.

>summary

Uhhh...the gist is that the story has three key characters: Jonathan Dominic "JD" Easton as Ghost, Hugh "Wells" Greene/Richards as Archenemy and Andy Splinter as Theta.
(The names are not set in stone yet since I'm garbage at giving names but nobody has complained yet.)

Using these three characters we are able to see different POVs on basically everything they stand for/their conflicts/ their environment/ etc. during the events that are occurring in New Lamenton (which culminates in multiple explosive climaxes).

JD deals with high school drama, life, growing up, "first times", etc.
Wells deals with the aspect of isolation, coping of his own death, laboratory shenanigans, etc.
Andy deals with her struggle to seek to right so many wrongs, personal journey of atonement, etc.

Stuff like that.

What you're doing is pretty much what /coc/ exists for, so I don't see why that user feels compelled to shit on it. He's shitting on other stuff too, so it's not just you. He seems to have a hate boner for anything new or anything that is freshly being discussed.

Marketable heroes in the Sup Forumsverse setting probably have their own comic and movie series. Lovely Ladybug is into Mighty Mantis because of the comics in-universe based on his heroics. The man himself is considerably more jaded with his increasing age.

JD and Wells, I'm not sure which heroes they'd be fans of.

>hateboner
I don't like it either, and have said so in the past when the dude started peddling it here.
People just don't like some other shit that you may like, user.
Some people keep quiet, and some just won't.

Well I'm glad you're not shitting on it at least.

I just don't see the point to raining on someone else's parade like that. I mean, why not just focus on what you like?

I like your honesty, user!

No.

Yo, dat's dope. And the vampire hunter has a name! That's progress.

>We have almost no information on Immovable Lad, Wisp, Dwemer, or Pillbug.

I can help fill in the blanks there a little bit.
>Immovable Lad: can take on an impervious form that's seemingly impossible to move ( even he can't move in this state!)
>Wisp: can enter an ethereal form that lets her phase through matter, pass through walls and even possess weak-willed or distracted people. She can also commune with spirits- after the YC is disbanded, she grows up to be an "Afterlife Counselor," going around to places that are haunted and trying to help those restless spirits find peace and move on to the next world.
>Dwemer: an orphan found by Skathi on a trip to Europe, Dwemer's only power is a very slight homing sense for the supernatural, and a slight magical aptitude. However she loves collecting the artifacts her powers point her to- she has a Satchel of Holding full of obscure but occasionally useful magical trinkets she's gathered over the years! She might also live in a mystic house that takes magic sense to find and has twisted inner dimensions which let it serve as a gateway to several places.
>Pillbug: When the Coalition decided it'd be good for recruitment if their Trinity was seen to have sidekicks, Pillbug was to Mantis as Dwemer was to Skathi and Liberty Lass was to GF. In theory, anyway. Pillbug is a bright young lad with a homemade power suit and a knack for the technical, but Mantis is... definitely a "works alone" type. Pillbug found his supposed mentor to be infrequently available and hard to approach- bu that only increased his drive to prove himself and impress the Emerald Avenger!

I can probably elaborate on most of them if that'd be useful.

Was there any discussion on the beetle bug man design? I would like to contribute if possible

This is the first I'm seeing of him but he's pretty fantastic in my opinion.

Only that he can transform and he's based on a stag beetle, but the pincers look more like devil horns with how they're positioned.

Having multiple arms is something I didn't even think of, that makes Devil Bug guy even more interesting.

That clarifies some stuff. We had pretty much nothing on Pillbug and Immovable Lad, who seems like the type someone would throw and then he'd assume his invulnerable state for a high impact hit. Though that would mean he'd need to be recovered even if the enemy couldn't take him as a hostage.

The one I was most involved with was Quickdraw when we were discussing his doodlepocalypse origins.

Let's see if we'll be making it through the weekend.

The greatest /coc/ hero will save the thread.

>JD and Wells, I'm not sure which heroes they'd be fans of.

I'm sure they would have varying tastes but traditional heroism would suit JD's character to a tee and maybe it did Wells too when they were both still kids. (We could divulge on that further into the story too of how JD is incapable or possibly even refuse to seeing Wells as a complete and different person now.)

Also, are we gonna go through with the chubby JD thing when he was younger? It doesn't have to be expanded on it's just subtlety for what the character represents.

Needs more cuddles and romance.

Briana is my favorite /coc/.

She's one I actually try to make in vidyagames with character creators, though it can be a struggle matching her impressive...stature.

Very few games have character creators powerful enough to fully capture her radiance.

She did give me an appreciation for strong eyebrows when it comes to character design.

Strong Eyebrows = Strong Genes

>Alfie has brows almost as thick as her forehead

The one thing Incase got right.

Alfie is the cutest most innocent little bisexual slut rebel womanchild.

This is true. My girlfriend has quite the pair, and I find myself stroking them sometimes. She hates it but they're so bushy and soft, like two tiny puppies on her face.

Remember that time Briana was a brunette and wore shorts?

Remember when one of Arthur's concept designs was prettymuch just Hawkeye?

I don't remember either of these!

Remember when the very first aggregate image of all the features that would eventually become Briana was drawn by Saburox, who would go on to make GG?

>Eyebrows!
>Boobs!
>Fit!

At least the important parts were decided early.