WBY/RT General #1368: Healing Edition

>1. Love RWBY, hate RWBY, just don't try to tell us it's good
>2. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>3. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion
>4. Don't believe their lies

1080p archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 12 link: rtv3-video.roosterteeth.com/store/70efa812f66d64654d6ddc925f06ae4e-34e4f096/ts/index.m3u8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gqa7W-_Snbo
youtube.com/watch?v=eA4_O3oeJCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So what's up with the maiden eye flames?

Do they always appear as a given colour like red for spring (Raven) and orange for fall (Cinder), this seems weird since red doesn't really match spring.

Are we meant to think that the colour of the eye flames is the same as the colour of the maiden's aura hence why Raven's eyes are red while Cinder's are orange

Not that we'll get any clarification on how any of the magic works in RWBY anyway

i love how uneventful his healing was "I guess i can do this now" truly the level of shit i expect from miles and kerry

press f to pay respects

Hazel is fucking retarded. His sister was a hunter in training, so she probably died to grimm. Good idea, let's ally ourself with the mistress of all grimm, that wants to kill all the sisters and brothers of the world.

I honestly don't know how to feel about the possibility of Yang becoming the Spring Maiden.
On the one hand, it makes my favorite character more relevant.
On the other, I don't feel like she is at a point where she should get this power, not without at the very least RY beating EM and having to go toe to toe with the next rank.

I hope his semblance isn't just healing, but basically holy light, also giving him offensive light attacks that are especially effective against Grimm, finally giving him a dedicated role in the party other than being a tank shitter.

Shiki got a really good second wind after the movies.
Now I wonder what staying power Sakura will have.
In the last poll I saw, Sakura was at number 1 because of the HF movie, with Saber as number 2 as usual.

also
>lets his little sister go to a military school
>blames the leader of her school for the death of his sister instead of blaming himself or blaming her

ROFL

Salem probably told him loads of shit about Ozpin being bad and responsible for everything ever

Better question - Why the hell didn't Leo or Qrow recognise the maiden as Raven?

>Yang becomes Spring Maiden but can't properly use magic because she's a striker, not a mage
>instead figures out a way to use it in close combat
>it makes her better, but not op

>Weiss makes a series of terrible decisions so she can get injured so Jaune can unlock his semblance
>said semblance is nearly useless in a setting where all the relevant characters have a damage nullifying shield

Seeing how Weiss got bent over a table by the plot just to unlock it I'm curious to see how they'll justify its use in the future

DEATHSTALKER SCORP (practically) CONFIRMED

Reminder that Weiss is gonna start falling for Jaune and we’re gonna have to watch White Knight teasing in every volume from now on.

Rens semblence is far more useless

And if Ozpin wasn't a trashlord who has no problem letting 15 year olds into a school where the initial test to see if you can stay around is fighting for your life against a bunch of things trying to kill you (who the fuck does this besides African warlords training child soldiers by the way?), then there would probably be a minimum age requirement for regular military service and normal training instead of the kind where kids are likely to fucking die.

>to a military school
>military school
>school
Right? It's almost like he expected her to be trained and taught how to fight instead of thrown to the Grimm.

>Laughed at Vernal's name because of how obvious it was
I got fucking played

>Raven dies
>Yang receives Maiden powers while fighting
>Ruby fucks up again, therefore angering Yang again
> youtube.com/watch?v=Gqa7W-_Snbo
KA KA KA KA KACHI DAZE

STOP TOUCHING WEISS!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two things
>1. Replace Barbara. She’s just not good at va stuff
>2. Same goes for Ruby

GOLDEN ROSE VS SMUG&IRK

THERE YER TICKETS RIGHT HERE!

I think they match the eye color. Raven has red eyes, so she gets red flames. Cinder has amber eyes, so she gets orange flames.

I mean, he wouldn't be the first example in fiction. Pic related, for example.

You're too stupid for words.
It can be done, admittedly.

So Jaune needs to die.

That ability is too OP

>Ozpin bends the rules to let Ruby in despite being too young to attend Beacon
>Jaune fakes his transcripts to get in, is completely outclassed by everyone around him
>Ozpin doesn't give a shit

Anyone else think Hazel might actually be in the right blaming Oz for his sister?

>tfw hazel dies of Dust overdose

Because Raven isn't the same maiden Leo and Qrow were talking about. The runaway spring probably ran into the wrong part of the woods and got killed by Raven.

I mean it's not like Maidens are carrying signs saying "MAIDEN HERE". It's also possible that the maiden died when she left. If she was so overwhelmed by the pressure, it's possible that she wasn't a fighter.

>jaune did become sakura haruno

holy shit how much rooster teeth hate the guy or are they trying to pander the faggots whining about him? he now is just a first aid kit that is stronger than average people but weaker compared to the rest.

>inb4 he become the sperm donator to a female and have a daughter which becomes a real protagonist.

Leave La Gran Bruja to her.

Weiss is a slut! SLUT!

I'll take them all

>I'M THE ONES
>Hazel is Bane
>Ozpins still an asshole
>Ruby is Hulk
>Raven surprises nobody
>I still want a handjob from Cinder
Bretty gud

>said semblance is nearly useless in a setting where all the relevant characters have a damage nullifying shield
Considering said shields break quite easily when they're fighting anything other than grimm fodder, I'd say it's pretty damn useful. And if it works anything like how he used it on Cardin, then it's going to be useful for himself too. Cardin was fine punching his aura shield but only felt pain when the light flashed and Jaune healed himself.

No wonder Raven picked up on Cinder picking out the name Fall.

So what's the point of his semblance when everyone and their mother already has a force field that protects them from damage? Are we going to get even more retarded plot contrived scenes that force characters to lose their aura because they act like retards due to the plot, get injured and their opponents somehow not just finishing them off with a bullet to the head, just standing around while Jaune does his thing?

Well his semblance is kinda like Avalon already. If he starts forming swords out of aura you know something's up. But then again he's more likely to be King Arthur

>blue fire is hotter than red fire
AZULA!

>Pyrrha would've had green flames.

I think he might very well have a point. Considering we don't know what Salem told Hazel. Also, Hazel and Gretchen. Guess that means Hazel is Hansel.

Yes. Because he is really shitty. Glynda even says outloud he's not ready for that kind of combat and Oz is too busy watching to see if Ruby and Weiss get along to give any fuck if another kid dies on the exam.

Every second we spend animating Jaune standing over someone and healing them is another second we don't have to spend animating people actually doing shit in a fight.

I want the full package from Cinder pls

Yang Blanco when?

how are they going to train them to fight the grimm without making them fight low tier grimm?

Well, in the early volumes they were still at school and in training, so there weren't as many chances for someone's Aura to break. Now that shit has hit the fan, it's probably going to happen more often.

JAUNE IS A HEALSLUT!

Barbara has some good moments. Lindsay just needs to revert to S1 Ruby. Seriously, why has her voice gotten HIGHER?

needs emrlds help to wen fights sad

I think he has a point, but I think it has more to do with hunters as a whole rather than just Ozpin specifically.

HE'S A TANK!

Not the same maiden as mentioned prior.

SHUT UP

>t. Yang

I guess that japanese direction for blublaze has affected het preformance some.

JAUNE IS A TANK AND A HEALSLUT!

I mean, you could start with sparring or sending a huntsman to watch over them while they fight and make sure nothing dangerous shows up.

I'm glad we finally got to see someone infuse their body with Dust since it was mentioned so long ago.

Velvet already has Projection powers though.

Oh, I'd be fucking pissed at the teachers for not taking better safety precautions in 'Learn to Murder Man-Eating Sharks With Cool Weapons' school.

But you know what I wouldn't do?

Join forces with the entity that controls all the man-eating sharks my sister died learning to murder.

Seriously. Hazel is a fucking dumbass.

more like Chibi affected her performance

HEALSLUTTANK
HE'S A NEW BREED MADE FOR BREEDING LIKE THE GOOD HEALSLUT HE IS!

>gets few lines in V1
>bullied by Em and Merc
>loses arm
>gets abandoned
>has to rethink her approach to fighting
>tai guilts her into going after Ruby
>Raven is revealed to be a complete retard
>gets bullied by Em and Merc again

I'm going to cum buckets when Yang wipes Merc smirk.

Faster.

They said that Jaune's Semblance wouldn't be the most obvious one, so there will more to it, right?

...r-right?

See here is the thing do you believe Ozpin? that she was just a huntress who died as a student? cause Oscar only heard Ozpins explanation which could of been purse fucking bullshit

It is Miles and Kerry so it probably is something so stupid but maybe maybe Ozpin is just bullshit

Ren is the reason why Salem needs human minions.

Without them, he could literally stoll into her base and murder her at his leisure.

>sword and shield to block attacks
>two hander for attack
>healing ability
>armor
Literally just a paladin mate.

Yeah in volume 10.

Nothing personnel, kid

Most certainly.
Unless they are dumb enough to go 100% at healing.

Dumb Fairy Tail rip off

Cardin hurt his fist trying to punch him while he was healing.

They're probably going the paladin route and also make the light effective on Grimm.

HEAL SLUT!
HEALSLUT!
HE LIVES TO HEAL THE TANK!

There's still his heirloom sword being not!Excalibur

The problem is that it result in scenes like Mercury and emerald just standing there, staring Weiss and company, when a single bullet to the head, would have finished the job.

>post yfw jaune become a healer

mile/kerry just killed him without any need of blood or kill him for real.

She's fast.

So no one noticed Raven was the maiden during their youth? Why did they think Vernal was the Maiden?

>Heals things with Aura, but damages Grimm.
Kek.

We don't know when Raven got the power. As for your second question, Raven encouraged people to think it was Vernal.

Because Raven said she was and put on the mask every time there was a power demonstration.

>Everyone expects him to be a healer that they expect him not to be a healer so we'll make him a healer
SUBVERTED

>his semblance is just the Light™ from literally any fictional story or RPG
>grimm are undead
Extremely simple and unimaginative but broken in the setting.

>>blue fire is hotter than red fire

If we go by color temperature only, that's actually true.

Jaune in five years.

Well at least he's more useful as a healslut than he is as a swordman.

Yeah. You ever wonder why the fire on a stove is blue? That's why.

>everyone expects d him to be a healer

[citacion needed] you fag, everyone wanted him to have a good power to be on par with the cast.

Whats so bad about healing?

Mega link when?

Weiss’ harem vs Cinder’s harem, who wins

>Jaune becomes the Prime Healslut that is Manduin.
There are worse fates.

Its the "you get to sit on the sidelines and look pretty until needed" power.

I think it's neat, every party needs a healer

Well, he's not going anywhere as far as martial skills go, so having the sword and board for survival to get magic hits in makes him situationally useful against Grimm (which aren't really a threat anymore) and Grimm infused things like Cinder.
Useful, but not OP.
Someone like Yang getting a Maiden's powers and fire punching everything would be a worse development.

You know what
youtube.com/watch?v=eA4_O3oeJCw

People expect it to be used in unimaginative ways. You have people here thinking it'll just be used when the fight's over and a character goes full retard in a fight and gets injured. Which is fair assumption since it's RT but there's nothing wrong with healing in itself. Especially since the first showing of it against Cardin, it wasn't just him healing his wounds.