Are we entering a new Golden Age of comics?

- Cape Comic properties are hotter than ever with DC , marvel, Fox making multimillion dollar franchises out of their IP
-even non-cape lesser known IPs like Guardians of the Galaxy and kingsman making millions. Riverdale doing well too
-Marvel discovering new talented writers from YA fiction
-The big 2 coming up with new characters with diverse backgrounds and innovative stories

I wonder if people will look back at new characters like Ironheart ,X-23 , Ms Marvel , Miles Morales the same way we look back at the golden Age heroes.

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/money/4889565/netflix-buys-millarworld-mark-millar-kickass-kingsman/
cbr.com/2012-was-the-start-of-a-new-golden-age-of-comics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2017 was a really shitty year for comics.

>golden age
Not even fucking close. Even the top DC sales are pathetic compared to the industry standards.

>Marvel discovering new talented writers from YA fiction

>some towelhead writes a comic
>OMG NEW MARVEL AGE OF COMICS

You’re absolutelt retarded. You are basing “golden age of comics” off of the success of movies and tv, which arent COMICS. You also genuinely think most of mahvel’s new talent is good, which is a laughable notion.

You sound like a newfag/redditor that is trying way too hard to sound like you know what you’re talking about.

But the success of movies and TV means the interest in the comic IPs is very high.Millar sold off the movie rights to some of his comics before the comic even got written.

Even netflix is getting into comic publishing because they realise how valuable the comic IPs are.
time.com/money/4889565/netflix-buys-millarworld-mark-millar-kickass-kingsman/

Lemme elaborate.
Comic IPs being successful means more interest. More interest means more money , more creativity , more new IPs. Its a huge win for us comics fans

My Favorite Thing is Monsters, Emil Ferris (Fantagraphics)

Songy of Paradise, Gary Panter (Fantagraphics)

You & a Bike & a Road, Eleanor Davis (Koyama Press)

Anti-Gone, Connor Willumsen (Koyama Press)

Crickets #6, Sammy Harkham (self-published)

(tie) The Best We Could Do, Thi Bui (Abrams)

(tie) Hostage, Guy Delisle (Drawn & Quarterly)

(tie) Everything is Flammable, Gabrielle Bell (Uncivilized Books)

(tie) Pope Hats #5, Ethan Rilly (AdHouse)

(tie) How to Read Nancy: The Elements of Comics in Three Easy Panels, Paul Karasik and Mark Newgarden (Fantagraphics)

(tie) Monograph, Chris Ware (Rizzoli)"

the sales are the same as always and if one sees 10 years ago it was only green lantern the top-sales and now it is batman.
For standards of the JL and Action comics they sell equally well. Metal is just as successful as the end of the crisis and its titles of not-so-popular characters such as Deathstroke or Aquaman are the same as always.

>Are we entering a new Golden Age of comics?
Ha! Fat chance, faggot.

Except people have been saying this for 10 years. Have comic sales gone up? No. And these new IPs (which is a fucking weird way to consider it) might have been created anyway.

>Comic IPs being successful means more interest. More interest means more money , more creativity , more new IPs. Its a huge win for us comics fans
Except that has clearly not been the case, has only lead to comics being treated as ip farm.

THE FUTURE OF COMICS

Sincerely many things have changed since 2011. There is much more success of author comics such as saga, TWD or everything about valiant. but the same is not so much.
and I feel that Harry Potter is a horrible example, he is famous for his adaptation.

>Are we entering a new Golden Age of comics?
>Capeshit, Capeshit, Capeshit and more Capeshit
I'm gonna go with no, faggot.

No. Comics sold incredibly well in the Golden Age, and were a potent enough cultural force to be investigated by Congress as a potential cause of childhood delinquency.

Videogames are the new comics, as seen by the possibility of anti-lootbox legislation.

is pope hats really that good?
i've seen a thread floating every now and then.

Main story is getting a collection this year.

>more sjw demi boy trans apes join comics
>comics are now a critical darling

(((who's))) behind it, lads?

oh god no

>There is much more success of author comics such as saga, TWD
There a slight improvement, but that's it, TWD and Saga are pretty much the only creator owned series that make it top 50 best selling list, and DC and Marvel still own the overwhelming majority of the comic book marker.
Also while there are some great series at Image, many just feel like blatant tv pitches.

>everything about valiant
I valiant, but it's ultimately just another cape comic universe, not much different than Marvel or DC, just smaller and with much worse sales.

>Harry Potter is a horrible example, he is famous for his adaptation
Harry Potter was an incredibly popular best-selling book series before the movies came out, that's pretty much why they decide to make movies out of it in the first place.

It was a national success, it will hardly have recognition outside of England, as it was getalt of rivia in your country before it was video games, A book has to have a relative success among its niche so that later it becomes considerable for adaptation, not very different to the comic, for example like almost all the comics of mark millar, Scott pilgrim, cowboys vs alien etc

Black bolt is really good user.

cbr.com/2012-was-the-start-of-a-new-golden-age-of-comics/

>It was a national success, it will hardly have recognition outside of England
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
was a the top New York best selling list, and won a bunch of wards in the US.

someone story Anti-Gone please

>Marvel discovering new talented writers from YA fiction
>-The big 2 coming up with new characters with diverse backgrounds and innovative stories

Is this bait?

>Refers to GOTG as non-cape
>Calls X-23 a new character
You tell me.

you just didn't understand it

>Fat chance
I see what you did there.

>Comics being turned into IP farm
>Movie synergy
>Good
Fuck off