Did the show actually degrade in quality or is it just nostalgiafags getting nostalgia over earlier seasons?

Did the show actually degrade in quality or is it just nostalgiafags getting nostalgia over earlier seasons?

I just know that it was getting better for me, but I don't really know how many episodes from which seasons I watched because they were aired at random, I just know i enjoyed more the more recent ones.
(less of Finn shouting like an autists and more of some concepts like the grass sword/finn and such)
I wouldn't know if it dropped in quality later on, but I think it definitely did not peak with the first seasons.

Season 5 and 6 were awful.

Admittedly it got better, but mediocre is barely an upgrade

They lost it after Penn Ward left and turned the show over to writers who started making episodes out of their fanfics.

I was there when it became worse and could even tell it was getting bad, and could look past fan bias. It made alot of shit decisions, mostly for making dumb plot moves and to drag out plots till the end instead of resolving them and just making up new plots to go along with instead.

Eh, depends on what you want from it. The tone kind of changed over time and there was an awkward transition of balancing status quo and actually addressing big changes to it. But I think the latest season and arcs like the islands mini-series are some of the best episodes the show has had.

I think the thing that a lot of people really get hung up over was how Finn's missing arm plot was abruptly resolved and how there was a lot of episodes dedicated to him maturing enough to speak with Flame Princess again, only for it to end even more awkwardly than before. But the writers seemed to learn from that and went ahead with that first subplot in a more interesting way, rather than just ditching it entirely to keep Finn's old character design.

So it's still a fun show imo, it's just clear that there are things they're making up as they go along.

It was going downhill ever since Flame Princess was introduced, the series moved from mainstream to a niche audience and started pandering to fanfic writers and tumblr.

Also all around inconsistency in storytelling and characterization

having watched the whole thing start to finish only recently

nostalgiafags all the way

Any show that starts making shipping a major focal point degrades in quality to some degree.

Honestly this. I don't religiously follow this series, but I do a catch up spree every once in a while and honestly I felt like it became better as it progressed.

My only legitimate complaint is how abruptly the whole Simon and Betty plot was resolved. Yeah it dragged the fuck on, but it sucks they killed it when Betty was starting to make some good points of how fucked up Ooo was.

Season 6 had Jake the brick so it's worth it.

I stopped watching at the Breezy episode, Finn and his relationships are boring.

By my tastes the series did get a bit worse, but only because it was better at being a fun adventure slice of life comedy thing than that show but more serious, interconnected, and slowly paced. The later series has made lots of missteps that the earlier show never did because early AT was pretty much perfect at what it was trying to do.

All that said, it's not massively worse or bad by any means, but it's understandable why some people get put off by the later seasons and think it's up their ass. Still a good show, and I think that people who think it went to shit like Spongegbob or the Simpsons are exaggerating.

Yes.

No it definitely got weird after season 4 or so. It can be pretty clear going back and comparing season 1 to other later seasons.

Season 1 was just dumb fun but mostly self contained episodes. Seadon 4 had really odd existential shit happening that just made you stare at the screen wondering just what the fuck happened. Or why it ever had to happen.

That strange episode with the border around it and the machine that warped LSP's boyfriend there at the end was just a giant "what the fuck?"

Not as much as everyone says.

I think it's good except for an odd episode here and there. And I like my AT with weird existential shit too, like
>that episode where lemongrab murdered a God

It dipped in quality during the Fire princess shenanigans but then got better and better.

My nigga, one of my favorite episodes.

Season 3 happened.

The general tone and feel has definitely changed over the years, but I still find it genuinely enjoyable.

and was the best season, it's a shame everything after that was worse

When it's over I have no idea where I'm going to get my comfy existentialism from. Imaginary Resources and Orb are my newest favorites.

Say Something Nice About Huntress Wizard.

>Say Something Nice About Huntress Wizard.

Perseverance pays.

NO

She was a useless background character that didn't deserve any attention.

she has the best design out of any woman in the show

I entertained the idea of her becoming a girl in the show since she first showed up. Needless to say, I was rewarded.

Both.

Mmm, ragged doll princess but stuffed with leaves

I like her voice.

>the sad truth

More like the sad ramblings of a self centered "NOT WHAT I WANTED" fag

I'm watching it through for the first time, just about to reach the end of season 5.
I havent notice any quality drop yet.

>I entertained the idea of her becoming a girl in the show since she first showed up
what was she before?

a plant probably

A prop

too many cooks syndrome
its quality fucking chaotic as shit

A possible ice king wife

There was a noticeable drop at a certain point I can't remember. Not necessarily quality, but entertainment value. I think that's when they started experimenting more, which I always appreciated from this show, but it doesn't always work. The distribution of episode quality for a few of the middle seasons is roughly normal, with more episodes being meh than good or bad. First couple of seasons skewed more towards good, and the latest couple of seasons as well. It's almost an entirely different show though, which some people understandably don't like.

What do you think of the show? Favorite character, episode, season, song?

I think it did. I fucking swear seasons 2 and 4 are like night and day. 4's animation is completely stiff, the writing makes everyone seem like an alien/robot impersonating real people and all the charm is gone. And I kept watching, I kept watching until the end of season 5, which was the last drop.

I don't even know what exactly changed behind the scenes to cause this.

It was always bad, even in 2012.

I Remember You is touching, however.

>obligatory unnecessary relationships that are as bland as they are out of place

congrats on being the very definition of fanservice I guess? And evident proof that a revolving door writing room is why western animation will never be taken seriously

Don't know. I gave up after it turned to pandering and relationship nonsense.

what does making a background character into Finn's gf have anything to do with the revolving door of writers

>allowing lots of people to insert their own clashing plot threads, characters and ideas with little oversite has nothing to do with an obscure character being pushed to the forefront RIGHT near the end of the series

The problem with Adventure Time is that the quality is notoriously inconsistent, a characteristic that was present in the early seasons but really germinated as the series progressed. Looking at the seasons from beginning to end, it appears that they follow some inverse-parabolic scheme where 6 is at the bottom, 5=7, 4=8/9, and the first three are at the zenith, from which they sequentially sink. Now, 6 isn't bad per se (it's noticeably aimed at a more niche demographic, which sequesters it from the rest), but watching it live was a chore. Thus you have anons like and who have the luxury of hindsight at their disposal, vs. and who
were there for the premieres, and had to endure a ceaseless roller-coaster of hype and disappointment before capitulating.

If (and this is a massive "if") the series has a satisfying ending, I could be perspective treating this show fairly. It's already getting a warmer reception around these quarters than, say, three or four years ago, when mentioning the series at all would incur autistic screeching.

there was one dude who liked her, always wanted to give her a more important role, and finally made it happen under the guise of her getting with Finn but nothing coming of it, then the rest of the show decided to go with it too. that has nothing to do with one guy grabbing the reigns and causing everything to go off course.

not that I don't disagree with you, but HW isn't an example of that problem

It's nice to see a Finn love interest that actually follows up on the idea of going on adventures with him.

Flame Princess could have been fun in that regard too, but they only do it in one episode.

>Season 5 and 6 were awful.
I strongly disagree. These two seasons produced most of the best episodes in the show.

>There was a noticeable drop at a certain point I can't remember. Not necessarily quality, but entertainment value.
This is fair. Season 6 in particular is a lot less immediately gratifying than the rambunctious adventures of the early seasons, but I still loved it. It seems to me people hate on it for what it isn't rather than for what it is.

>the quality is notoriously inconsistent, a characteristic that was present in the early seasons
I think I would argue otherwise, the early seasons up until maybe 3 and definitely 4 were pretty uniform. I think due to the fact that Pen was still handling a lot of the stuff, most of the art looked very similar between episodes and the writing quirks of different writers weren't extreme.
Unlike later seasons, where everyone knows who Rebecca Sugar, Jesse Moynihan, and Somvilay Xayaphone are because of the very distinctive style to some of their episodes, the same can't be said for people who worked on season 1 like Luther McLaurin or Sean Jimenez (RIP) where most fans wouldn't even be able to tell you their name.

The early seasons are actually pretty consistent, both in quality and content, and I think this is a big reason that the later shifts the show went through caused such a backlash.

Seems accurate.
I'm binge-watching it right now, and the experience has been infinitely better than watching it live ever was.
I think it's more fair to judge the show without taking into account things such as hype and delay and behind-the-scenes bullshit, but that doesn't change the fact that many of us were forced to deal with that anyway.

Glorified background character

>I strongly disagree. These two seasons produced most of the best episodes in the show.
Name 5
>Season 6 in particular is a lot less immediately gratifying than the rambunctious adventures of the early seasons
Rather it's not gratifying at all, at no point is there a satisfactory conclusion to any plot points introduced, everything goes exactly as expected, in the end the status quo is god, and there wasn't much of a ride to get there. The comet amounted to quite literally nothing, all it did was take a character who didn't do much and make him do nothing for the rest of eternity, really, really paid off right?
>It seems to me people hate on it for what it isn't rather than for what it is
No, some people "hate on it" because what it is, is a melodrama that meanders around story elements but never does anything that seems to have even the slightest sense of pacing, urgency, or even tension, is filled with characters whose motivations and personalities have become so inconsistent that they are more akin to talking sticks than people, and attempts to tell some kind of dramatic story except it forgets some of the most basic elements of good storytelling.

It has very little to do with what it isn't, even though what it was, was far better. It's about what it is, and what it is, is garbage.

The early seasons were more consistent, but they weren't uniform, at least in the fashion you're implying. A casual viewer (as in, someone who is flipping channels) wouldn't recognize the styles of Moynihan or Xayaphone either, and I doubt their quirks are that pronounced from a distance. The reason McLaurin and Jimenez aren't distinguishable is because the series wasn't as scrutinized during that period.

Maybe the tone was more adherent to a single routine, but people underestimate how much the episode quality varied. Not everything from the first two seasons was gold, there's a lot that doesn't hold up. Again, this incongruity was less, almost negligent, but not to the level of something like classic SpongeBob where almost every episode is a slam dunk.

>Not everything from the first two seasons was gold, there's a lot that doesn't hold up
There are very few BAD episodes from the first 3 seasons, they're pretty much all okay at the absolute worst.

A casual viewer wouldn't notice half the shit we talk about in these threads so bringing that up seems silly.
Some of the time the later writers aren't completely off the wall with their episodes, but they definitely have easy ways to help tell who did what. Xayaphone's boarding is generally inferior to most anyone else for example, and he draws Finn to be very flat. This isn't something that leaps out at you but if you're experienced with this show it's not difficult to tell who's doing what, at least for the members who are more aggressive in adding their style to things.
I'd still argue that people don't recognize those boarders much (other than the fact that they were on the show for one season instead of 5 or 6) is that there wasn't much to differentiate them in the first place.

And I strongly disagree wit you on the quality, early on things were very consistent. This does not mean it's comedy gold on Spongebob's level, but that episodes were pretty similar in how good they were. If you don't like them that's fine (I do, but that's just me) but I agree with saying that the early seasons of the show have very few bad episodes, with a decent bit of mediocre ones, compared to each other. The rest of the series is definitely more bipolar than that when it comes to the rest of the seasons (which I also like and am trying to not be biased towards).
Comparing them to each other I disagree that there's a lot that doesn't hold up or that the quality was as varied as you're claiming.

The Jiggler and Crystals Have Power would like to have a word with you. Tree Trunks episodes were never good.

what kind of person thinks Jiggler is a bad episode? that one was good fun and probably one of the better season 1 episodes.
that part where the little guy explodes and Finn can do nothing more than scream in confused anguish is a classic.

>Name 5
Puhoy, Bad Timing, Escape From The Citadel, The Tower, You Forgot Your Floaties.

>Rather it's not gratifying at all
I was referring more to individual episodes such as Nemesis, or The Mountain where it might take an extra viewing or time to ruminate on it a little to understand what the episode was trying to say. Everything in the first two seasons is explicitly spelled out for you - character motivations, the moral of the story etc, and I appreciated the move toward ambiguity.

>at no point is there a satisfactory conclusion to any plot points introduced
Season 6 is more about exploration of themes than plot, and from that angle I was very satisfied. The Comet had Finn get over his existential crisis, and resolve his angst towards his dad. PB had a nice character arc also, in The Cooler and Pajama War which culminated in her losing her kingdom in the finale.

>a melodrama
If you're referring to season 6, you couldn't be more wrong with this description. It has the least appeal to emotion out of all the seasons by far.

>meanders around story elements
>watching AT for the story
If you're expecting AT to tell a linear, highly plot-driven narrative then you deserve to be disappointed. And this is what I mean by hating on it what it isn't. AT never had a grand, over-arching narrative so judging it by that standard is dumb.

I wish cartoon network would just air the finale already.

Me too, but we gotta wait for the minecraft special first.

>The Jiggler
If this isn't a joke you need to kill yourself.
>Crystals Have Power
Forgettable at worst
>Tree Trunks episodes were never good.
Tree Trunks (the episode) and Apple Thief were both good episodes.

There is so much fucking wrong here I'm not sure where to start.
>Bad Timing
This is the worst episode of the fucking series, it's a fucking LSP episode for godsakes, it's 11 minutes of her annoying and conceited whining to which there is no punchline, she kills someone and gets away with it, both her and PB are incredibly out of character for absolutely no reason.
>Escape From The Citadel, The Tower
These are both bad at best,
>You Forgot Your Floaties
Really boring and ended up going nowhere.

>I was referring more to individual episodes such as Nemesis, or The Mountain where it might take an extra viewing or time to ruminate on it a little to understand what the episode was trying to say. Everything in the first two seasons is explicitly spelled out for you - character motivations, the moral of the story etc, and I appreciated the move toward ambiguity.
Rather, you're pretentious.

>Season 6 is more about exploration of themes than plot
Except that's wrong.
>The Comet had Finn get over his existential crisis
Except Finn's "existential crisis" was completely out of character to begin with and nothing really happened to change that fact.
>resolve his angst towards his dad
But that's not what happened, there was never a resolution, just a completely abrupt decision to move on despite nothing actually changing or even occuring between the two, a resolution that would have been better left until islands when he would actually have gained some understanding of his father (but of course it couldn't have waited because like most things in this show they were openly making it up as they go along).

>PB had a nice character arc
What makes a person say something so stupid, so completely indefensible, for no real reason?

everyone does man
just put the best out of its misery with dignity instead of dragging it along half alive for months

>Escape From The Citadel
>bad at best
I can see where you're coming from with the rest of these but Jesus Christ, please stop watching this show you clearly hate man. how anyone can think this and remain interested enough to keep watching and discussing AT is beyond me.

>Sean Jimenez (RIP)
Armen Mirzaian is the guy who died: Sean is the art director of the Ducktales reboot

Fuck sorry about that, RIP Armen

>If you're referring to season 6, you couldn't be more wrong with this description. It has the least appeal to emotion out of all the seasons by far.
I repeat myself
What makes a person say something so stupid, so completely indefensible, for no real reason?

>If you're expecting AT to tell a linear, highly plot-driven narrative then you deserve to be disappointed
Except that's what they've been doing for 6 seasons. Introducing persistent elements over the course of episodes that culminates into some manner of "conclusion." I'm not sure if you're just fucking retarded or you're being completely disingenuous. What do you think the entire plot with Finn's parents is? There is a series of events that happens in a linear course of time and are the driving focus of a set of episodes. That is a plot, that is a what a plot is.

>AT never had a grand, over-arching narrative
No, but it's had many smaller narratives, some interconnected, some not, and they have all been completely worthless.

The show did what it did well then changed to something different and did the new thing poorly, this isn't complicated

>I can see where you're coming from with the rest of these but Jesus Christ
What positive attribute was there to that episode? It wasn't funny, there was no cool lich speech, the previous episodes/seasons never really made Finn's dad seem important so it's not like his introduction was some amazing revelation, the ripping his arm off thing went nowhere he just kind of got a new one, then a new robot one that is functionally superior to his normal one. There is no context in which that was a good episode.
>"If you don't like it don't watch it"
Besides the fact that this idea is stupid on almost a fundamental level, I don't hate AT, there's a few fun episodes in almost every season (with the exception of the current one thus far), like Daddy-Daughter Card Wars, Hall of Egress, and Football. Allso I finish what I start.

>What positive attribute was there to that episode?
it was cool, exciting, and interesting, Finn's dad was a funny character, there WAS a cool Lich speech (did you actually forget this or are you just saying that Lich speech was shitty?), the visuals were cool, and Finn having his arm ripped off was actually impactful even with what you said. it doesn't matter if there was a sexy robot arm waiting for Finn, because he still got his flesh arm ripped off by the person he was expecting to care about him and maybe tell him some answers about his past. there's sure as shit context for it being good because of those reasons and more I could come up with if I went and rewatched that episode.

it's fine for you to still like it, and I'm not saying that holding out for those rare episode you enjoy is a bad thing, but something like EftC is the highest peak AT can achieve of being exciting, funny, and emotional, and for you to judge it as "bad at best" screams to me that you're better off investing your time elsewhere.
>I finish what I start
god help you should you ever start the simpsons man

A little of both. Season 5 and most of 6 are trash but I am in love with it again starting around 7. I wish some people would give it another chance. I really like a lot of the newer characters and episodes as much as any earlier ones.

>there WAS a cool Lich speech (did you actually forget this or are you just saying that Lich speech was shitty?
You're right, for some reason I remembered that speech being in a different episode.

>This is the worst episode of the fucking series
It was funny. Lots of great jokes and a creative premise, with a thought provoking ending.
>both her and PB are incredibly out of character for absolutely no reason.
What? No they weren't. PB was prideful and stubborn, LSP was rash and selfish. Perfectly in character.

>Except Finn's "existential crisis" was completely out of character to begin with
Not really, the boy went through a lot of shit in 5B and 6. Going through puberty, FP breaking up with him, meeting his jerk of a father. Questioning one's place in the universe is a natural part of growing up.

>nothing actually changing or even occuring between the two
It didn't need to, in fact that would defeat the point. Finn accepted that his father was kind of a crummy guy.

>Except that's what they've been doing for 6 seasons.
Not a linear, highly plot-driven narrative they haven't, which is what I said. There have been smaller narratives, yes, but there isn't an overarching ongoing story to speak of. You're twisting my words a bit here.

The rest of your response is pretty much 'Nope, you're wrong', 'You retarded' etc etc. You haven't really responded to much of what I said. Also I agree with the other user, you clearly hate this show, I would've just dropped it.

>PB was prideful and stubborn
PB was neglectful and disinterested in a crime being committed in her kingdom, much worse than things that's she's gotten far angrier about in the past.
>LSP was rash and selfish
She was rash, selfish, and completely exaggerated unstable. There is a large line between being an annoying bitch and being a vindictive obsessive stalker. One of which she never was before.
>It didn't need to, in fact that would defeat the point. Finn accepted that his father was kind of a crummy guy.
Except nothing happened to prompt this change, to make him okay with this, to make him accept it. He hadn't accepted it, nothing happened between them, then he did.
>Not a linear, highly plot-driven narrative they haven't
Yes, they have. You're ignoring this basic fact, and at this point it's clear you're being dishonest.
>There have been smaller narratives
What the fuck do you think a narrative and a plot are? The fact that there isn't a singular plot doesn't mean the show isn't plot-driven you fucking mongoloid.
>there isn't an overarching ongoing story to speak of
Yes, there are several, one (kind of) ends, a new one starts. Stop being retarded.

>The rest of your response is pretty much 'Nope, you're wrong', 'You retarded' etc etc. You haven't really responded to much of what I said.
When you say something so completely baseless and stupid then no response more than calling you an idiot is worthwhile you absolutely brainless ape.

>you clearly hate this show
Speak for yourself faggot
>I would've just dropped it.
You'd probably eat your own shit, you aren't an example I want to imitate.

>PB was neglectful and disinterested in a crime being committed in her kingdom
You talking about LSP killing Johnny? PB knows she didn't do it intentionally. What good would punishing LSP do?

>One of which she never was before.
I don't know man, LSP has always been extraordinarily self-centred. Seems in character to me.

>Except nothing happened to prompt this change
Sometimes all it takes is time.

>Yes, they have. You're ignoring this basic fact, and at this point it's clear you're being dishonest.
They really haven't. I'm not being dishonest, I think we have different interpretations of what that means.

>The fact that there isn't a singular plot doesn't mean the show isn't plot-driven
I said 'highly-plot driven.' Plot has never been the front and centre of the show until arguably very recently, and that's only because the show is ending soon.

>Yes, there are several
Yes, there are several stories, but not an overarching story.

You need to relax a bit with the ad hominem mate. It's just a cartoon.

>You talking about LSP killing Johnny?
Or the driving a truck into the castle, the stealing an important scientific development, or yes, the killing an innocent man.
>PB knows she didn't do it intentionally
She intentionally drove the truck into the castle, she intentionally stuffed him in the machine against his will
>What good would punishing LSP do?
You mean besides not letting her go and erasing her memories so that not only has she learned nothing but she's completely free to kill someone else whether intentionally or through neglect and her own malicious behavior. Even ignoring the fact that this episode changes LSP from a harmless teen girl trope into an actually unstable murderer who not only the candy kingdom but the rest of Ooo should be protected from, crime demands punishment. PB has never averted from doing justice before, and to characters who were actually sympathetic unlike LSP was in this episode.

>LSP has always been extraordinarily self-centred. Seems in character to me.
If you think this episode was just LSP being self-centered I don't think there is much more to be said here.
>Plot has never been the front and centre of the show until arguably very recently
Since at least season 5.
>that's only because the show is ending soon
So you count this PB family/Fern arc as plot but not literally everything else? Do you even have the capacity for thought?

>You need to relax a bit with the ad hominem mate
>"Oh no, he insults someone who says something stupid on the internet. THE HUMANITY!"

>It's just a cartoon
Where do you think you are?

>she intentionally stuffed him in the machine against his will
Yeah, but she didn't know it would kill him.

PB is friends with LSP, even if they don't always get along. She showed mercy by deciding to free LSP from the guilt of killing an innocent person. Maybe it would've been wiser to let her keep that memory, but she is just as much a compassionate friend as well as a just ruler.

>If you think this episode was just LSP being self-centered I don't think there is much more to be said here.
I understand where you're coming from - she drove a truck into a building, and threw a molotov cocktail, but it's a cartoon. It's not ultra-realistic and we're not supposed to take it as seriously as we would if someone did that in real life. Her rash, insecure and selfish behaviour is played up for comedic effect.

>>"Oh no, he insults someone who says something stupid on the internet. THE HUMANITY!"
I was thinking for your sake, not mine. You seem worked up.

You know, I just might. I dropped AT during season 6. It just started to seem like a hassle. Any build-up was shot in the dick and all of the grating things that I had put up with was starting to spiral out of control.

But, I find myself missing the weird world of AT. I'm not looking forward to trucking through all the things that ultimately had little to no payoff. Yet, it might to good to rekindle all the things that I liked about the show.

I did once like the show; so, now that it's ending, I should see it out.

>the series moved from mainstream to a niche audience and started pandering to fanfic writers and tumblr.
I never thought I live to see the day where going from mainstream to a specific niche is what killed a show, I've always seen it as the other way around

It's sad to think this thread started out fun and now it's two people arguing

What's everyone going to miss most about adventure time and/or what about it got you hooked

Sorry missed some.

>Since at least season 5.
All I'm saying is that there isn't a singular over-arching story, and that AT isn't a highly plot-driven show. Those things are both correct.

>So you count this PB family/Fern arc as plot but not literally everything else?
The PB Family/Fern arc has been present in 7 out of 10 of the past episodes. That is far from the usual AT fare. Of course I count the other plot threads as plot, but those arcs usually quietly simmer away until they boil over seasons later. This is the first time, miniseries excluded, that a story arc has been this sequential and has gotten this much focus in such a short span of time.

I understand why they're getting at it having been in plenty of those talks myself over the years, but this one is just kind of tedious. I'll help spice up the thread.

>going to miss
That I love Finn and Jake with all my heart, that the show did a commendable job of never being too dark or too sappy, that even though this universe and the lore was sloppily made and pulled out of their ass it was still cool as fuck, that even in the most boring episodes of the show there's parts I find interesting or charming. It's just a fun ride.

>what got you hooked
No idea. I've always loved Finn so I think I was just charmed by his upbeat and quirky attitude, and the early seasons were really funny. I just stuck with it, then got more invested, and now I'm hopelessly in love with the series even when she treats me like dirt.
I only hope they have a strong, or at least serviceable, ending because the way the ending turns out will greatly influence my thoughts on the show after it's over. If it's fantastic I'll be both overjoyed and crushed it's never coming back, if it's garbage I'll be bummed and even more bummed that AT is done with and that's the last thing it put out.

Fun show dude.

>Yeah, but she didn't know it would kill him.
Okay let me repeat that. SHE STUFFED A MAN AGAINST HIS WILL INTO A MACHINE TO ERASE HIS MEMORIES AND MAKE HIM LOVE HER. If you don't see a problem with this then you aren't well.

>PB is friends with LSP
This has never been established
>She showed mercy by deciding to free LSP from the guilt of killing an innocent person
That's not mercy, that's negligence.
>she is just as much a compassionate friend as well as a just ruler.
At this point in the series she was neither of those things.
>It's not ultra-realistic and we're not supposed to take it as seriously as we would if someone did that in real life
Of course it's not realistic but the episode played this story completely straight.
>Her rash, insecure and selfish behaviour is played up for comedic effect.
Except it really wasn't

I remember way, way back when it first came out. I saw commercials for it and thought it looked stupid. I don't even remember how I ended up watching an episode, or which episode it was, but I fell in love. Infinitely quotable and full of energy. Then I learned about all the post-apocalyptic stuff and I thought that was neat. I didn't care if they ever expounded on that, the world just felt like it had so much history and stuff going on. It felt alive. I guess that's what I'll miss.

RIP AT

The build ups that go nowhere are still present and annoying, but they're much easier to deal with watching straight in a row. When things first air we freaks got months at a time to come up with shit and wonder how things will unfold then the episodes end up being a wet fart, but watching them one after another will make it so that there's so little time that you don't come up with those crazy theories that just leave you disappointed and angry/sad more than anything else.

You still got like a month or two before the show ends, and I think that's enough time to catch up on what you missed to see the old girl off when she comes to an end.

Hope you do, dude. Islands and Elements are absolutely fantastic. Plus some of the new characters are really cool.

>>PB is friends with LSP
>This has never been established
You certainly aren't wrong, but I think that even though the show doesn't act like it LSP and PB are implied to be kind of friends early on, like how she was at the marshmallow ceremony in the second episode. The show never does anything with this, but I think the later seasons keep acting like they are casual buds due to this precedent.
It's like Lady's friendship with Princess Bubblegum, where it pretty much never is shown in the show but apparently is something that exists off screen.

Just wanted to explain that, you can go back to your battle of wills with the other dude

>SHE STUFFED A MAN AGAINST HIS WILL INTO A MACHINE TO ERASE HIS MEMORIES AND MAKE HIM LOVE HER.
lol. I'm not trying to absolve LSP of blame here, because how she acted in this episode was really bad (and hilarious), but she's not a murderer at least. I don't have a problem with the show portraying LSP as an unlikable psycho because it was entertaining as heck.

>This has never been established
Second episode my dude.

>That's not mercy,
Sure it is. LSP is a brat but she's not evil. The knowledge that she 'killed' someone would've haunted her forever.

>Except it really wasn't
It absolutely was. You're telling me the scene where she says she isn't sure if she can be big enough to let Johnny be happy with someone else, immediately followed by her throwing a molotov cocktail through PB's window wasn't supposed to be funny?

Thanks, I'd probably never have bothered if I hadn't come in here and saw that people were still passionate about the show itself and not what it once was or what it could have been.

I liked how fresh it was at the time, the lore, the characterizations and how cute finn was, but then I got old and it became about lesbians and NTR and I just stopped caring.

Really good moments, good memories, glad it's over.

Np man, AT is rocky as fuck but I think it still has plenty of good in it to appreciate. Hope you have fun watching my nig.

Adventure Time became Drama Time for a few years. They seem to be leaning in a different direction now, though.

>what I’ll miss
The characters more than anything else. I know most of them like actual people at this point. I actually couldn’t rewatch the show when I tried a couple weeks ago, not because it was bad, but because I remembered almost every character and plotline as clear as day and there was no need to catch myself up. it made me heartbroken that it was all going to end soon.

>what got me into it
I saw commercials, thought it was dumb newgrounds lol randumb humor. Then the praise and awards came in, and from 2012 onwards I started watching from the beginning and fell totally in love with it. I was here on this board for lots of things since, like Flame Princess, Finn’s dad, the rise and fall of quality, and all the miniseries.

Rest In Peace Adventure Time. It’s a shame you’ve been so neglected recently, and all the fans have all but gone away, but I have faith that you’ll go out beautifully

Hope you dig it, bro. If you don't want to finish 6 I would at least watch Jake the Brick, cause that's an amazing filler episode that also won an Emmy.

>What I'll miss
The characters, really. Finn's had his ups and downs but I've really liked his growth as a character. Dude's had a hard life, I hope he gets a happy ending along with a few other side characters I like (Ice King (he's probably Ice Thing, but still), Fern, Marcy, etc). S
>What got you hooked
I was desperate to like a new CN show at the time, coming off CNReal so I watched both Regular Show and Adventure Time when they debuted and was hooked instantly. Plus I had seen the Nick version when I was younger, so I was already familiar with and liked the concept.

I'll miss this show, but it's time. Everything has to come to an end eventually.

>It's sad to think this thread started out fun
Going to have to disagree, the thread from the beginning was about the degradation of the show, and has stayed on topic in that sense.

>What's everyone going to miss most about adventure time and/or what about it got you hooked
God, when this show started I feel in love fast, from the very beginning the episodes were fast paced Finn was enthusiastic, excitable and his dedication to heroism and good were incredibly admirable. There wasn't really any rhyme or reason to the way the world was the way it was and there was a big charm to that, PB could make a formula for the undead and the guardians could try to execute Finn, or Finn and Jake could start learning magic from those weird tadpole things in the frog's bubble and stop a planet destroying asteroid from... destroying the planet. It drew so much strength from just how simple and likable the characters were and the character dynamics too, seeing characters interact was just so fun, and had a lot of good jokes along with it. There were just so many different and great things in every episode, like [pic related] which is the best episode. The show was always so optimistic and just generally pleasant.

Really just miss how genuine the character interactions seemed back then. I just hate how snide, cynical and mean-spirited every aspect of the show has gotten.

>. I actually couldn’t rewatch the show when I tried a couple weeks ago, not because it was bad, but because I remembered almost every character and plotline as clear as day
Man I'm so worried this will happen to me one day, and to combat that I kind of purposely avoid rewatching episodes. I want AT to last me for as long as possible.

I'm planning a big rewatch where I go through every single episode all at once with no breaks after the show ends, which sounds like a good idea in my head but will probably either kill me or make me hate this show since with how many episodes there are it would take over two days straight to get through it all.

A contestant for Wizard Battle and then a random character in Wizard City for 20 seconds

I remember her being drawn as a boy when she first appeared, anyone else or am I crazy?