Did it ever occur to you idiots that Disney might use Fox as a replacement for pic related?

Did it ever occur to you idiots that Disney might use Fox as a replacement for pic related?

And why should I care?

I fucking hope so, maybe then theyll make a marvel movie that isnt a nonserious joke, or a star wars film thats characters devolves into “a shitlord” and mary suedom

The only movie that they plan on using Touchstone for is Glass, and after that it's gonna go dormant.

>The only movie that they plan on using Touchstone for is Glass, and after that it's gonna go dormant.
How do we know? And OP is saying they may replace it with fox for more mature films

>a star wars film thats characters devolves into “a shitlord” and mary suedom
So basically anything that’s not a Star Wars film.

Yes, it was literally the first thing I thought when the buyout was speculated.
Honestly, I hope they do that. They need to keep a traditional movie studio going afloat, just in case the Star Wars and MCU bubbles burst.

No, something more like the originals. Star wars wasnt filled with the horrid writing, bad “jokes”, and repulsive propaganda the new films have.

>repulsive propaganda
what did he mean by this

>rey can do no wrong, and is played by ugly untalented actress who got the job just for having a vagina
>all men are either idiots or evil
>”STRONG INDEPENDANT WOMYN” make all the decisions of the good guys, they didnt even care ackbar, a hero since the rebelion, had died and cared more that leia was in a coma but was still alive, because of course ackbar was “A FUCKING CIS MALE”

>he doesn't realize that the first 6 Star Wars movies also had strong women characters
>he doesn't realize that every single bad guy from those movies was a white male

>he doesn't realize that the first 6 Star Wars movies also had strong women characters
Yeah, but they werent obvious feminist tropes shoved in, and the men were competent and treated as equals. Also, they killed the two white male leads from the OT, if thats not anti male propaganda to you then youre in denial

>anti-male

Han died because Ford literally begged for him to die so he wouldn't have to come back. Luke died because he's the Yoda of this trilogy, and he'll almost certainly be back as a ghost.

>Luke died because he's the Yoda of this trilogy
It was obviously to erase the past and subtly remove all white male protag leads. Even if what your saying was the reason, then thats shit writing on their part, something these films have by the bus loads.

>I'm literally scared of women and colored people

Guarantee you Leia's going to die as well because the actress is fucking dead.

>give actual crticism for the characterizations and writing
>hurr durr youre just scared of women
This really is Sup Forumsmblr

>actual criticism
The criticism was "they're removing all white male protag leads." The other comment was "that's shit writing" - not exactly an in depth critique.

>He thinks the new films aren't just like the old ones
Take off the nostalgia goggles. The only difference between then and now is that the maverick plan in the sequels back-fired like a pinto in a demolition derby.

>He thinks the new films aren't just like the old ones
But they arent you stupid fuck.

People threw a fit because they thought VII was just IV re-hashed. VIII was essentially the plots of V and VI squashed together with some originality thrown in.

Thats why it sucked, because of the shit writing they rehashed it only with awful characters and nonimaginative writing, those two things alone make it different and worse then the OT.

How was the writing bad? The military commanders acting like actual military commanders? The people going off and doing stupid things having those stupid things blowing up in their faces?

How is originality nonimaginative? Those terms are diametrically opposed

>The military commanders acting like actual military commanders?
You mean by not telling high ranking people their plans, and when they rise up its used as an allegory for “mansplanning”, because the moral of the story is that a man should never question his female oppress-i mean superiors?

When a person of rank gets busted down then they lose their security clearance. Especially after they just proved that they CAN'T handle a delicate operation because of their ego.

Try to explain it all you want, she was incompetant not just explaining the plan to poe, and it was obvious “men are stupid and women are perfect angels” shit that these films are filled with.

And Poe was incompetent for getting hundreds of people killed over his hero-complex. I'd say the person who's plan works with the planned cost of one life if far better than the one who's plan doesn't with the potential cost of hundreds immediately, and likely thousands if not millions later on.

>one of the themes is how people not communicating and trying to act like heroes causes problems
>yeah but one of those people was a guy so the movie is bad

Not as much as I expected them to Use Touchstone to release the R rated content they never would under a Disney banner.

Ford wanted to be out since the end of Empire. We lucked out getting him as Han for Return (where he also hoped to be killed off) and Awakens

We're in too deep now for marvel movies to not be nonstop jokes determined to pull you out of aby immersion they had going on.

Just accept it and move on.
Maybe re-watch Logan.

It was her fault for getting people killed by not telling about her plan. And poe wouldve been fine in reality, the death count was just a cheap way to show him being in the wrong because of “toxic masculinity”
There is no reason for them to change the tone and make it good. Hell, they already did it with the netflix shows and those are in the MCU