Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Hal is such a fucking idiot. My God.

>take ex on date basically just to ask for a financial investment
Hal Jordan, you really are the dumbest motherfucker. Carol already has to put up with writers being too stupid to figure out what to do with her. She doesn't need your idiocy on top of that.

Carol for being mean to the mentally disabled.

Carol's expectations didn't make any sense, they hadn't dated in years and hadn't gotten back together at this point, why would he propose

t.roasties
Hal saved that cunt and she even won't give him some money for food

nice guy

>Not cosigning for your deadbeat ex
Good on Carol for using her brain

If Hal proposed he’d be set for life. Carol is rich. And they were still fucking too.

Is it against the GL rules to mine space ore and sale it? One asteroid can have billions worth of materials.

You guys miss Carol? I do
One of the big no nos of the GLC is using power rings for personal gain. So in short, anything that isnt for protecting a space sector is enough to get you the boot

Since the GLC doesn't pay either that would be the smart move.

Yes.

At the same time, the GLC does actually pay the Lanterns in some form of currency. Hal's just an idiot.

Even if the space rock came from a planet that was destroyed from natural causes, like it's star supernova and he just happen to encounter one of the fragments out in the middle of nowhere in outer space when traveling?

On Hals defense, he barely spended time on earth since he got the ring, and he doesn't maintain a job, i mean, hal flies planes for a living, why can't she help out an old friend? In this case, a lover

The GLC doesn't pay, at least now. That's a major plot point of Green Lanterns.

Yes, because you're mining said rock with the ring, and basically misusing one of the most powerful weapons in the universe for you own self interests. The Guardians, despite being hypocritical fuckups, try to be very strict about their personnel. Using a ring like that encourages misbehavior, and looks bad on the entire corp.

It was paying back before/during OP's page. Chart back to a little before Sinestro Corps War, or possibly after it, there's a scene where Hal is told by Salaak that they're deducting the cost of a destroyed battery out of his salary. Meanwhile, Guy and Kyle had the money from their work to set up a bar on Oa, get booze, and so on.

This nonsense with writers struggling what to do with Carol and the Star Sapphires needs to stop.

Carol is a shrewd businesswoman with access to powerful space age technology. Have her corner the market on commercial space flight. Sure, it's a bit of a leap from airplanes to spacecraft, but it's Green Lantern, nobody's gonna care if you fudge the science a little.

Space age tech should be the norm, as aliens in the DCU are very real. Why isn't there any off world corporations between humans and aliens, like in F-Zero or Star Wars or Star Trek? Lots of money to be had.

Because world building in capeshit is awful thanks to the fact no one wants to stray too far from the real world.

>You guys miss Carol? I do
I miss her being written with a semblance of personality, sure

She's been totally absent for the past what, three years? outside of a little cameo or two

>Try paying for a car with space money
brave user

that's why it would be fun to see Carol doing it as a business initiative

too bad writers don't care about her unless she's fucking a GL