What are the chances that the animation's going to be by the Tom and Jerry in [POP CULTURE FRANCHISE] team?

What are the chances that the animation's going to be by the Tom and Jerry in [POP CULTURE FRANCHISE] team?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hachi2501/status/949737284059906048
cartoonbrew.com/internet-television/new-episodes-animaniacs-coming-hulu-155742.html
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-27/anime-studios-success-calculated-based-on-10-years-of-disc-sales/.88558
twitter.com/NateRuegger/status/949116994334343168
tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/01/work-around-town-too.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Digital eMation is often used by WB, but the other WB stuff they've done (like Mike Tyson Mysteries, season 2 of Mystery Inc as well as some eps of Be Cool, the more recent dtv scooby doo films) looked a lot nicer than the Tom and Jerry stuff

Famicom's claiming that TMS came up the idea to reboot the show in the first place but you know how he is

My focus was more on the Tom and Jerry animation team at WB i.e. the one with ex-Startoons staff.

0%, Takeshi Koike did this piece of promo art and TMS is doing the reboot.

The reason why it took so long was because TMS was still doing Lupin III Part 5 and Warner Bros had to wait until they were done with Lupin to tackle Animaniacs again.
Millions of people were bringing up TMS and "Please god, no more Lupin III", sure it's not the show's original chief director (Toshihiko Masuda) but Takeshi Koike has proven that he has the talent to not only to do Animaniacs but also replace Toshihiko Masuda once he retires in 2020.
Warner Bros is having very little to do with the art department, like with Superman:TAS & The New Batman Adventures the art team is 100% Japanese with the occasional Korean (Orange/Rough Draft)/Chinese (Flying Dragon) subcontractor attached to either TMS or one of their Japanese subcontractors such as Nakamura Pro, Ajia-Do, Magic Bus and Wao World (Tokyo Kids were adsorbed into them).

source?

For OP's image I can just tell it was drawn by Takeshi Koike by his art style alone.

Who else opens these threads just to watch TMSfag perform his routine? He's like a little wind-up toy that goes crazy when released.

Famicom, you keep telling us this unsourced crap about TMS. I want to believe it, but you just don't ever cite your sources. If you really know that much about what's going behind the scenes, can't you at least tell us something else that would ease our minds, like, I don't know, that they're going to get Tom Ruegger and the original writers back?

No one, as it's just sakuga otaku who want quality animation back.

Someone who is working on it has said that season 6 was intended to start in mid-December 2017 after Lupin III Part 5 was finished but because of minor issues it was pushed back to early January 2018 and they still have to iron out some pre-production issues with it.

I'm sure that Koike will make sure that Ruegger & Masuda come back.

that doesn't even mention animaiacs though, they could be talking about something else

He was hinting at it.

But it would have been impossible for it to be ready by January 2018. The voice actors haven't even recorded their lines yet (as far as anyone's aware). And anyway, that tweet doesn't mention what the "work" is.

TMS never drew the Warners as "loose", for lack of a better term, as Dot is in that image. It looks exactly like the old promo images. What's your obsession with TMS anyway? Only one animation studio on Animaniacs did storyboards as well as animation, and it wasn't TMS.

Not him, but that's a good point. The OP image looks more like StarToons art or something drawn inhouse at WB.

Well, the two are one and the same nowadays...

TMS' "OLD" staff never drew the Warners loose, Takeshi Koike on the other hand originated at Madhouse and his take on Lupin III was vastly different then what Kazuhide Tomonaga (a TMS regular alongside Yuichiro Yano and Hisao Yokobori who the 3 worked on the original run of Animaniacs) was doing, it's not Toshihiko Masuda but it's still excellent.

TMS did do boards as the directors at TMS did their own boards, the new crew that TMS/Koike got won't be the same as how the old crew/Masuda did it but still excellent none the less and will give Made in Abyss a run from it's money, I'm also sure that many people who did the old run will work on the new run as well.

Also that image was never used on the original run, it was made for season 6 by Takeshi Koike himself.
Takeshi Koike drew that, if you know his art style you can tell thats him.

I have a strong suspicion you're confusing storyboards with layouts. All the Animaniacs studios did their own layouts at some point.

TMS did both those things.

There's someone in the comments on this page who claims TMS hasn't done outsourced animation for Western studios in almost 20 years, so that it's extremely unlikely they'd do so now.

cartoonbrew.com/internet-television/new-episodes-animaniacs-coming-hulu-155742.html

>The reason TMS was available to animate the original Animaniacs was that they were regularly doing that kind of outsourced work for Western producers back in the 80s and 90s. Plus, they already had a relationship with Warner Brothers through Batman: The Animated Series. However, around the start of the 21th century, TMS deliberately pulled out of this type of outsource work for foreign companies. That they would get back into it two decades later just for this one show doesn't feel likely at all.

>And there are other factors to consider, too. In the 90s, it was quite common for American cartoon producers to outsource to Japan. These days, Japanese studios are generally considered much too expensive, and the norm has become to outsource to countries like China or Korea. So again: it doesn't feel realistic in the slightest to expect that TMS is involved with this new series.

What do you say to that?

As long as it dosen't look like Wabbit

the way the characters look reminds me of the DVD covers (barring the completely different type of shading)

Speculation and that Mesterius has no Idea what he is talking about, TMS did First Flight, Doom and Elite years ago (yet the later 2 were heavily outsourced) and that Koike already did OP's picture.

TMS was not a ditch pot as.

1.TMS gets paid royalties for these shows.
2.The licence that Hulu (Of Japan mind you) got was from TMS not Warner Bros, Warner Bros did get a check for the characters and music but everything Hulu went through was through TMS not Warner Bros, TMS just made sure that the licence was a world wide licence and not a Japan only one.
3.Those DVDs are the only DVDs that sell for TMS animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-27/anime-studios-success-calculated-based-on-10-years-of-disc-sales/.88558

When that Twitter account said that TMS was having problems with Animaniacs season 6, Nate Ruegger has already said that they have not gotten everyone from the original production team back and TMS wants said staff back, thats why TMS' staff said that they were having issues.

twitter.com/NateRuegger/status/949116994334343168

It will not, Takeshi Koike is running this.
OP's picture looks nothing like that DVD cover.

Like I said, stock WB art style. Only giving Yakko teeth is a dead giveaway.

TMS has done the same thing too.

Look at the fucking intro you blind fuck, every time all the Warners have open mouths they all have teeth.

Every director at TMS was different, also most anime characters don't show teeth.

Do any of you people work at Warner Bros?

It's going to be shit no matter what.

At least Takeshi Koike is a quality director and will make sure that it is not shit.

>Famicom's claiming that TMS came up the idea to reboot the show in the first place but you know how he is
you should know better than to say his name

he already laid waste to the thread and now more people are going to come and slip in the mess he made. guys is absolutely crazy, and he's still here after all these years too

There is no waste to be found here and I'm not crazy, you are so seek help.

>I can just tell it was drawn by Takeshi Koike by his art style alone.
What about contacting him directly and asking if he drew it, instead of guessing?

There is no way to contact him through normal means (Twitter).

What a shame. Unfortunately, since there's no way to prove it's Takeshi Koike since anyone could ape his style, you can't say for sure that it's him now.

I know his art style, it's him, it's like knowing when Virgil Ross shows up in a Friz Freleng cartoon.

Seek help, no one can ape his style.

tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/01/work-around-town-too.html

Note that Animaniacs is not listed, that is because it is produced in Japan.

If you guys don't stop arguing they're going to bring Kennedy Cartoons back in.

lmao

Animaniacs sucked anyway. Some of the side characters were good but the main trio was trash.

I'll take Animaniacs that look like that over the alternative.