ITT: Worst Love Interests

ITT: Worst Love Interests

Any Lois Lane knockoff. Iris West, Vicki Vale, etc

Someone REALLY needs to kill off this useless, whiny, gold digging bitch.

Literally why does she exist past the first five episodes.

Man, Steve McNiven designs end up so generic I could barely tell who that was meant to be. Carlie's eternally shifting design doesn't help.

You know you fucked up big time when audiences are rooting for Nazis/Nazi aligned villains to kill a Jewish character. Seriously, Felicity is cancer incarnate.

Such an absolute shit character. She was fine up till season 2, after that she left a point of no return and makes no room for Black Canary which should be straight up endgame

Speaking some mad truth

I hated this bitch and her creepy ass son.

I mean, I can't really into the show to begin with, but as soon as she's on screen or, forbid, is part of/has her own arc, I can't do it anymore.

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU HAD A KID, AND NOW HE'S DEAD OR SOMETHING, YOU LIED TO ME THIS IS ABOUT ME IM THE ONE WHO SHOULD CRY ME ME ME IM THE ONE WHOS BEEN MOST HURT HERE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Carlie Cooper
Does anyone even remember the bitch besides me

I remember how much hatred I had for her

obligatory

I still don't understand the point of Iris. She is terrible. She made me drop the Flash comics for a while.

OP's pic is of her.

You see the problem, besides being another Lois ripoff, is that being a love interest character requires good chemistry with the main character, and Barry has enough problems standing on his own. He, like Iris, is just fucking bland. Linda and Wally had a good thing going though. Patty was alright, but Barry desperately needs a rework, or at least a better love interest to bounce off of.

Nobody beats this one, NOBODY

>He, like Iris, is just fucking bland.
I guess that's what it is. Barry is so fucking bland there is nothing to be excited over their relationship.

Annabelle and her comic were complete cancer and I hate Cullen Bunn for inflicting her on the Marvel Universe.

Kai Greene, on of the worst love interests I have ever seen
>Had no chemistry or anything im common with Ben.
>Didn’t give a shit about him or his well being physically or mentally, only viewing him as a vehicle for his transformations
>Was incapable of not being a bitch In interactions with Ben
And, here’s the real kicker
>Had no personality or real life outside of her interactions with Ben, meaning there is nothing else to her besides her terriblely cunty interactions with a person she holds only contempt for
She was absolute Cancer, the only Worse love interest I can think of was Sakura from Naruto. God it fills me with so much rage that people actually wanted Naruto to be shackled to such a horrible, vapid, shallow persons with such a lack of human decency that she couldn’t even show a little bit of gratitude when rescued from something her dumb ass couldn’t get herself out of.

She's not the problem. If Canary was dating Oliver she would be JUST as awfull as Felicity is. The problem is the shit writers that can't write romance without some teen drama shit.

no one really cared about laurel until she was killed off.

really.

people wanted sara back. "real canary" and all that jazz. it took her dying for people to care.

He became a 100x better character after the shipping shit stopped

he just needed to see other people.

seriously. he seems more of a brother to wu in that season compared to bolin for the entire show.

The dude's just a jerk...he might have been less of a jerk before the braces came off but he still had shades of it.
The fact that he was still end game, even after the dramatic break up, really annoys me.

eh? I'm in love with this one

When all of her and Clark's interactions boil down to making her a smarmy bitch and Clark into a whipped doormat, it might be time to admit that their "classic" romance is just fundamentally shit.

And let me stop you right there, Loisfags, I'm not a Superman/Wonder Woman shipper. I did think Shay Veritas would've made a cute girlfriend for him.

goddamn i forgot about the earth king subplot

Lois is a really shit love interest honestly. I'm pissed that Clark is permanently stuck with this bitch thanks to the shotabait Jon.

Marv... I mean Terry Long

this.

every page he is in is cringe inducing. You instantly feel like youre reading fan fiction when he shows up

I wouldn't mind Jon so much if he had a personality but as it is, he's just the "cute, naive boy with OP superpowers that his mom and dad are somehow not concerned about teaching him to control his powers to very fine detail". Actually, it's kind of amazing how much Rebirth portrays Clark and Lois as these remarkably carefree, reckless parents.

But yeah, when Rebirth finally fucks up and DC reboots for the umpteenth time, I'd really like DC to try someone OTHER than Lois or WW for once.

I liked Clark/Cat, but that's mostly nostalgia for when I started reading comics.

He got to tap this. Even knock her up. No Crisis will ever erase that knowledge from my brain.

I don't understand why this autist is so popular

terry is objectively the worst in this entire thread

She’s a consolation prize. But let’s be honest, she’s not even close to being the worst.

>When all of her and Clark's interactions boil down to making her a smarmy bitch and Clark into a whipped doormat, it might be time to admit that their "classic" romance is just fundamentally shit.
That's not how they interact at all.

Let me guess: you only know Lois for New 52, right? To be a fan of fucking Shay Veritas, you have to be.

Read triangle era Superman.

I agree. Rebirth Superman has been awful. I'm a sucker for happy endings and cute families but Kents are not a good family and it hurts that they are bland as shit too.
Unfortunately I don't think Jon will go anywhere considering he's really popular. Hell, he even got a bizarro version. Even if DC reboots their properties again (which will probably happen very soon), I bet Jon and Lois will stay.
Speaking of Wondie, somebody at DC please sort this poor woman's love life. I hate how DC just neglects her comics and character in general.

I'm not that user and don't care for Shay at all. Clark and Lois interactions are terrible from all eras. They don't have any chemistry.
Definitely one the most forced couples in capeshit.

Ock was right.

The only good moment in Spiderman history.

Sara has been a fan favorite from the beginning. They can't seem to keep her dead and became so popular that she is the lead on her own show now.

Caity is just so damned likable though.

>Austen's run
Well no shit.

>Literally the only couple in comics that can hold a fucking TV series for years focused on their relationship
>"REEEEEEEEEE they are not a good family and don't have chemistry"
>Lois was there with Clark since Action Comics #1
>REEEEEEEEEE it's forced
Again, it's clear that you only know Superman and Lois from New 52. The Triangle Era, Maggin's era, the 00's, were all excellent for Lois and Clark and makes clear why they are the most important couple in comic books.

i know. just saying people would've no problems laurel being killed off if sara came back.

but since she branched off and became one of the main guns in her own show, people got stuck with felicity.

people really gave it to her as a canary (complained she can't catch up in terms of skills. hated her canary cry. not sexy enough) then reevaluated when she got killed off.

Best Canary.

>ITT: Worst Love Interests
Easy answer. This is a woman that loves to make out with a guy that tries to kill her husband every opportunity she has. It doesn't matter if the guy kills civilians whenever he is mad, what matters is fooling around behind her husband's back.

And worst of all, they made her the canon love interest even though LITERALLY EVER FEMALE CHARACTER, INCLUDING THE VILLAINS, would've been a better choice.

Bobbi/Mockingbird. I'm not even talking about her being annoying, or her trying to get political just to one-up people.

I started reading The Amazing Spider-Man recently, and Bobbi just seems so hateful and mean-spirited. I know Slott's playing it off as a joke, but she's usually undermining Peter and making seem henpecked. I know Peter's a loser, but she there are times where Bobbi comes off as straight-up emotionally abusive.

>getting this assblasted over someone criticizing her precious OTP.
kek. why is it always the shipperfags who are so sensitive.

Super OC who's a roughly a third of John's age but is the perfect woman for him and is also the best alchemist in the world

Don't forget...

YOU AND THE MOTHER OF YOUR SON DECIDED TO KEEP HIM OUT OF OUR LIFE? WHY WASN'T I CONSULTED?

>is wrong about something
>is corrected by someone that knows better
>"haha you're so assblasted bro"

Wrong about what? new52? because that's not Clark. Hell, EVERYONE is written OoC in that. And I already read those eras of Superman you mentioned and before that.
The relationship is forced and BLAAAAAND AS SHIT. but keep telling deluding yourself that your OTP is perfect.

Caity was never the problem and even in hidesight the writing for her was much better than anything since. I did hear some people saying she was trying to hard to be sexy cause she always pursed her lips. Shitty critisism imho

>Marvel still pushing Mockingbird

Jesus fucking Christ. Hopefully Cebulski-san saves us from this shit.

Nah you are SM/WW shipper. You are just pretending you ain't.

>And I already read those eras of Superman you mentioned and before that.
OF COURSE you did, my friend, of course you did.

Mockingbird a shit! Why is she such a bitch to Peter?
Does anyone even like their relationship? Poor Spiderfags who have to tolerate this.

>Read triangle era Superman.

You mean the era which perfectly encapsulates what I said about Lois being a smarmy bitch and Clark a whipped doormat?

>Literally the only couple in comics that can hold a fucking TV series for years focused on their relationship
>implying Lois and Clark was actually good
>Lois was there with Clark since Action Comics #1
>Julie Madison was there with Bruce since the beginning

>the 00's

Oh, you mean the era where Lois was a downright psychotic bitch who was going off at Clark for every minor thing and getting irrationally jealous of all his superheroine acquaintances?

>Maggin's era

I like Maggin well enough but his take on Lois and Clark was downright creepy at times and is probably the origin of all those "Clark is so obsessed with Lois that several thousand years from now he will design a robot and download her personality into it just so they can live forever or just go entirely crazy and withdrawn without her" plots.

>is corrected by someone that knows better

You fucking wish.

Medusa isn't a love interest though, she's been a main character from the start

>main character
you mean a walking translator? Because that's what she always was. A cocksleeve for black bolt and a voice to announce his thoughts.

>implying Lois and Clark was actually good
Opinion discarded

caity the actress wasn't the problem. i was referring to fans who wanted her back is the problem.

Best Actress.

>You mean the era which perfectly encapsulates what I said about Lois being a smarmy bitch and Clark a whipped doormat?
When the fuck was that? Lois was the one that made moves on Clark two times before he tried to go romantic on her (and she fell for him easily).

>Oh, you mean the era where Lois was a downright psychotic bitch who was going off at Clark for every minor thing and getting irrationally jealous of all his superheroine acquaintances?
WHAT? I think you are thinking that Parasote was Lois. Loeb, Rucka, Gates, Robinson, Kelly, Johns, Morrison, all important writers of Superman during the 00's made her pretty supportive. The only one that made her like you describe was fucking Chuck Austen, and he was kicked off the book after a few issues specifically because of that.

>I like Maggin well enough but his take on Lois and Clark was downright creepy at times and is probably the origin of all those "Clark is so obsessed with Lois that several thousand years from now he will design a robot and download her personality into it just so they can live forever or just go entirely crazy and withdrawn without her" plots.
Okay, now it's confirmed: you are just talking out of your ass.

Go ahead and actually read those phases, user. There's no need to pretend that you did.

Out of all the things DC could have retconned, they somehow didn't end up retconning Donna Troy being married to and having sex with this creepy pedo faggot.

Laurels actress isn't bad but she isn't suited for superhero stuff. Caity is a breakdancer, a martial artists, a preformer and just all out has a joy of being physical. That is Black Canary in a nutshell (breakdancing aside, though it kinda can fit cause she was counter culture always like a biker)

wtf is up with his expression

Who have been through worse, we are so used to pain we dont even feel it anymore

Our sorrow is eternal

We*

Sorry for that

>When the fuck was that? Lois was the one that made moves on Clark two times before he tried to go romantic on her (and she fell for him easily).

Yeah, after DC was contractually obligated to marry Lois and Clark off and thus caused Lois to do a complete 180 from her earlier personality as someone who tolerated Clark at best and outright disliked him at worst.

>WHAT? I think you are thinking that Parasote was Lois. Loeb, Rucka, Gates, Robinson, Kelly, Johns, Morrison, all important writers of Superman during the 00's made her pretty supportive. The only one that made her like you describe was fucking Chuck Austen, and he was kicked off the book after a few issues specifically because of that.

Oh, Parasite was the furthest thing from my mind. As an example, let's consider Our Worlds At War, where Lois goes off at Superman for not leaving Wonder Woman and the Amazons to die instead of being her personal slave.

>Okay, now it's confirmed: you are just talking out of your ass.

There's only one of us talking out of their ass and it sure as shit isn't me.

This makes me want to gauge my eyes out.

>Yeah, after DC was contractually obligated to marry Lois and Clark off and thus caused Lois to do a complete 180 from her earlier personality as someone who tolerated Clark at best and outright disliked him at worst.
Wrong once again, the team behind the "Triangle Era" decided to marry Lois and Clark simply because it was natural and all of them were Lois/Clark shippers. DC itself wasn't supportive of the idea at all, in fact, they forced the team to NOT marry them in 1992 and come up with another idea. They had to kill Superman literally because DC forbid them to marry Lois and Clark.

Learn your shit, bro.

>Oh, Parasite was the furthest thing from my mind. As an example, let's consider Our Worlds At War, where Lois goes off at Superman for not leaving Wonder Woman and the Amazons to die instead of being her personal slave.
That fucking didn't happen. Lois only got stranged with Clark because her father fucking died, and even then she didn't blame him or anything.

In which phase Lois was a "psychic bitch"? Name the run, please. None of the writers named by me did that. I even forgot to add Busiek and Donner, two writers that did an amazing Lois.

>There's only one of us talking out of their ass and it sure as shit isn't me.
It sure as shit IS you, my friend. All comments you wrote were void of truth.

the hand looked like a fat dick in the thumbnail

What the hell kind of dick you got there chum?

You've never seen Tommy Lee Jones's O face?

This makes me sad. Bobbi used to be pretty cool back when she and Clint were together. What happened?

>gives this up for a midget
>right

Cat was the best. :( I miss her.

Well, it IS a show on CW.
That's like getting mad about a show on ABC Family/Freeform for being a shitty teen drama.

Never had a serious problem.with her as a love interest. But shes meant to be the femfatale. She becomes nothing without it since Bruce has every character trope as a batcharacter.
But King just made it 100x worse. I fully believe BatCat was supposed to happen at the end of his run but DC told he he only had so long to do this. Niw hes struggling to write her into the story of Batman as an equal partner. And shes such a condescending bitch under King too.

>God it fills me with so much rage that people actually wanted Naruto to be shackled to such a horrible, vapid, shallow person

Even though I hated ch. 700 and Boruto-related shit in general, I'm glad he got with big tiddy byakugan girl even if it was arguably out of nowhere (who fucking cares anyways? Majority of IRL relationships are """out of nowhere""" too. It isn't a logical process). He deserves it for all his years of suffering even if their son is a fucking nuisance.

The entire fanbase only shipped him with Sakura or Sasuke towards the end and both are fucking horrible people and easily the worst characters in the series.

>Well, it IS a show on CW.

Has the CW had a remotely good romance?

Aside from Dean Winchester and Castiel?

>But shes meant to be the femfatale

This. Selina's annoying at the best of times but putting her in a genuinely committed relationship with Bruce is fucking retardation and even if King weren't a shoddy writer who loves catwankery it'd still suck. And no, I think Talia should stay in the femme fatale (or outright villainous) category too. I don't ship Bruce with anyone.

Include Lois Lane in that line up and make the category "Nosy self-righteous reporter types who should mind their own damn business from time to time," and you'd be 100% right.

then they wouldn't be reporters then.

Good. They shouldn't be. Reporters are the shittiest character archetype.

People just want Finn to have a girl, ANYONE, since bubblegum princess become a lesbian with marceline

He was around years before BB was introduce. Stop being a casual.

Look at the faggot over here that doesnt like Lois

She stopped having a personality after she stopped being a villain back in the FF issues and when the Inhumans showed up. The moment BB appeared on screen, became BB's braindead love interest.

Red pill me on this guy.

Ivyfags are the worst.

Here's a recent thread about mr Long

This is and always will be Matt’s worst relationship. Electra is overhyped by Marvel, and is awful when she’s with DD.