Looking to get into GL but not sure where to start. Should I pick up a few of the silver age collections...

Looking to get into GL but not sure where to start. Should I pick up a few of the silver age collections, first volume of the johns omnibus, or start with the Kyle collection?

Other urls found in this thread:

comraderecs.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Johns omni will get you started with modern GL

silver age GL is pretty fun, Green Lantern/Green Arrow is good but very of its time, Kyle's tenure as the main GL is alright

Personally I'd go with the Johns stuff since it's the most suitable for someone with modern sensibilities and the build up to Sinestro corps and the war is amazing stuff.
It does make a lot of references to older stuff though.

Green Lantern: Secret Origin

Green lantern Rebirth (some confusion will be explained/ forgotten like
HalSpecrte)

Then start reading Green Lantern by Geoff Johns, stop reading on his final issue then read Sinestro by Gunn.

Sinestro is actually the best reason to read any GL title, for he is the greatest Green Lantern to ever exist

Sinestro by Cullen Bunn**

Yeah, the Johns omnis are the way to go honestly

ty anons

LOOK AT THIS DUDE
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

Ooh the Sinestro Corp War.

Really what got me into DC

comraderecs.tumblr.com/

A few that people don't know about are Ganthet's Tale and Willworld, two of my fav GL stories.

Willworld is so damn good, such a shame the artist didn't get to do much else

Hard choices had to be made

read the wraith of the first lantern it is the culmination of every thing that began with green lantern rebirth #1

Johns is fucking overrated garbage.

Start with Kyle, dont hear the johnsfags, johns run is good, but it will poison you for everything that came before.

>Green Lantern/Green Arrow is good but very of its time
thats bronze age tho. Just avoid bronze age. Many great writers worked on it but it wasn't their best work. Only good writer was Alan Moore.

just read Kyle's story
quit before Johns' run
Johns writes for retards and reddit

You are a fucking moron.

Englehart/Gibbons is a better Bronze age starting point given the massive gap between GL/GA and the first Englehart TPB. The only problem is that the TPBs skipped a reprint issue who's framing sequence is mega important as far as the return of Guy Gardner arc is conerned.

Kyle's run/first TPB works BUT should note that once Byrne yanked Donna Troy from the book/Marz got a new editor that demanded Jade as Kyle's new love interest, shit goes super duper bad. And the less said about the Winnick and Raab runs the better

Disagree about the Johns omnibuses because of the fact that they omit Green Lantern Corps and Green Lantern Emerald Warriors, along with the Sinestro Corps tie-ins which are important for that story.

The only thing about the omnibus in their favor, is that they include Blackest Night with the GL crossover issues inbetween issues of BN

That's the only time comics were any fucking good you complete retard.

>Disagree about the Johns omnibuses because of the fact that they omit Green Lantern Corps and Green Lantern Emerald Warriors, along with the Sinestro Corps tie-ins which are important for that story.
the omnibus includes relevant tie-in issues from GLC and one shots and Emerald Warriors only had tie-ins to War of the GLs and I'm pretty sure those issues are included

I think it might be missing the Cyborg Superman issue though

Bronze Age DC has some of the company's best work, you dumb pleb.

Start with Johns’ GL omnibus and Tomasi’s Green lantern corps series. Silver age is pure silly but fun book, and kyle era is not that bad

Stay away from johns until you had finnished Kyle's era and are familiar with guy and the bronze age, Johns is pure casual shit, everyone that started with johns ends up being a garbage fan.