The fandom seems to be dead. How come? Adventure Time's fandom doesn't seem to be as strong anymore either

The fandom seems to be dead. How come? Adventure Time's fandom doesn't seem to be as strong anymore either

Other urls found in this thread:

gunshowcomic.com/899
tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/01/work-around-town-too.html?showComment=1515211856586#c3065862374929765983
youtu.be/LCZJk_BIOnE?list=PLwA0f9Rwxqm_rXqC-ePGWWmXiZF0AI6lv&t=88
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it was definite end, there's no part 2 and all that mumbo jumbo. Sure I would have preferred to CJ win or at the very least know what happened with her.
But hey I guess they went for the "people come and go in your life"

So why is the Regular Show fandom dead?

is this satire

I was a really big fan when both first aired in like 2011 but to be honest both really outstayed their welcome

IDK

Because the show is over.

Its over, its what happens when a cartoon is over.

The show's over retard
Unlike other works, Regular Show doesn't really have anything left for people to analyze or get autistic about anymore.

Star Trek says hi.

When the show got cancelled, it got a huge fandom to the point where it came back.

The relationship BS overwhelming the rest of the show has a big hand in it.

The few not scared off by that were probably scared off by the show choosing blank, bland Margaret over the more interesting and developed CJ.

There are things worth of discussion in Star trek or things like the sopranos, The wire and twin peaks.
RS was just a comedy cartoon.
Think about it, use your head.

Star Trek is the exception, not the rule. Don't be stupid.

Nickelodeon has also been listening to it's 90s kids "The old Nickelodeon was the best" crowd by reviving it's old shows as TV Movies

Regular Show isn't ancient enough to be nostalgic over. Give it a decade (or five years, even).

I'm still not over the fact that Muscleman was the first to get married and have kids.

because the show is dead. and there isn't much to discuss, either.

Why isn't Cartoon Network airing reruns? THEY NEED TO KEEP THE SHOW AIRING RERUNS SO FUTURE GENERATIONS CAN WATCH THE FUCKING SHOW!

Why does CN want this generation to only watch the current shows?

I can't speak for anyone else, but the Muscleman's Wedding episode utterly killed the show for me. It drowned my interest in the show in the bathtub. All the affection I had left for it was gone by the end of the episode, and I've never been able to look at the show the same way since.

I've never had an experience like that before, where I started watching an episode as a fan, and by the end I just didn't care anymore. I saw all of one episode after that (the synthesizer one) because the show was dead to me.

Yes this. I never bought Margaret either as a character or a love interest, so the love triangle stuff all fell flat to me.

That’s literally every cable network ever. If they did reruns of every show they’ve done there would be no room for anything new.

Stop making these threads

Boring show. Thats why. It was just boring.

I have numerous autistic questions still (haven’t watched the show regularly since 2014)
>why did benson stay as a boring boss rather than a drummer
>why did starla look exactly like muscleman to the point where it may as well be incest
>was high five ghost born a ghost
>why didn’t mordecai fly yet Rigby did raccoon stuff
>was there a point to Eileen being in the final season when she did not offer nothing

Honestly I was expecting a much darker ending.

Remember the episode Slam Dunk? >"Time speeds up in space bro"

How much time they spent playing basketball in space? A couple of minutes? And when they return to earth 2 months already passed away, given all the time they spent in space in the last season I was expecting them to come back and find that all the people they cared about are dead... Or for a less grimdarkedge ending at least everyone is aged up, with their own families and lives having moved past their friends that one day just vanished into space.

Not to mention people cant be that butthurt with Mordecai getting it on with delicious leather bat tits since Margaret and CJ would had been married for years and had their own kids (or they probably whine about why he didn't end with Margaret or CJ's daugthers even if its kinda creepy...)

CAUSE IT FUCKING ENDED

The RS fandom stopped being strong by season 3, I remember S4 threads couldn't make it to bump limit and it kept happening like that for a long time. It's disappointing but nowhere talked about the show very much after S5, even the subreddit started to die before a mod tried to make fun events that fell through, don't get me wrong I just went there to see if the fandom at the time truly died, because if reddit wasn't discussing the show on its own subreddit that was a pretty good example.

Tumblr's hated it ever since the beginning because Margaret was portrayed as a whore and the Mordo plots came off, to them, as "trophy wife" goals or something, back in S4 and 5 threads I'd see Tumblr posts about it posted in there all the time. I can't remember much of S1 and Season 2 threads but Sup Forums liked it back then fairly well.

The series was always in Adventure Time's shadow ever since the beginning, the only reason AT has an active fanbase is shipping and the very few lorefags left.

Season 8 of RS could've been better but since it was cancelled halfway in, writers getting bored, the season meaning to be experimental, etc it's mainly just not fun to watch.

The creator of Regular Show has motivation issues with his art. I think he gets frustrated or burnt out easily. You can go back and look at the old Gunshow comics he wrote before really getting big in TV and they have the same problem many webcomics do - better art, but progressively longer hiatuses - but even longer than normal. Hell, just look at the final strip, it sounds like a fucking suicide note.

gunshowcomic.com/899

you're the most retarded user i've seen on Sup Forums today

that guy made the RS comics not the fucking series

Uh yeah if it wasn't clear that's what I'm talking about you retard

>Adventure Time's fandom doesn't seem to be as strong anymore either

thank god.. FUCK Adventure Time!

Oh, I think Cartoon Network HAS room.
PLENTY of fucking room.

This isn't the guy that created RS though...

It wasn't, you didn't mention the comic at all you just said "the creator of regular show", and mentioning making it big in TV, despite KC's doing so, still didn't explain you knew the fucking difference

poe's law

>The relationship BS overwhelming the rest of the show has a big hand in it.
You know, for all the complaints that the show was getting formulaic (which it was to a certain point), I at least appreciated how the early episodes had some modicum of fun and light heartedness. The relationship drama fucking destroyed everything.

Even before then, and before it got cancelled

>Adventure Time's fandom doesn't seem to be as strong anymore either
> Breezy

The weasel had postop surgery??

KC made it big in TV?

All I know is he has an [as] bumper, but I remember people saying he had something on TV

the creator of Regular Show is JG Quintel

the creator of Gunshow is KC Green

I wish I weren't a fan of this show

It's shit.

Can you say why? What was bad about the early seasons? Give fucking critique

The fandom that's left is, ironically, Tumblr artists. If you try to scour the internet for an active RS fan this is the shit you find.

I think I'm going to lie down

There is also this

I wonder how the thread would've went if an episode did this out of nowhere in the final minute and stayed unresolved. No build up or humorous cause, it just happens while they're talking.

and the next episode never mentions it

the only good season

There's an answer for Eileen at least.
Apparently they learned partway through the last season that it was over. This meant they had to dramatically change the second half of the season to get to an ending. Presumably this meant some Eileen centric episodes got scrapped. They reference this with the Oracle woman saying, "I wish you had played a bigger part."

There's 2 parts to this, one is that she wasn't originally meant to come along but Minty wanted it. They thought it'd be fun to include her. This was before they knew it was ending.

Then there's what that user said, they brought her along and I'm sure there was something at least thought up for her, but it was probably going to be in the second half of the season's plot that got scrapped. With Gene the Vending Machine having an entire fucking arc that got scrapped, I wouldn't be surprised if there would've been an episode with an Eileen B-plot. She at least was one of the few that had a noted role on the ship, not even Pops got that. To be honest I didn't care about Eileen but the entire season was lacking characterization and none of them felt right. She was pretty much always a non-character but we already had Fives for that and her scenes could've been given to him without any difference.

>you will NEVER see Mordecai and Rigby terraform a planet
I haven't felt the pain from loss of potential that hard in a long time. Instead we got Dragonball fights and a QUALITY montage. Not even Bowie could make that montage better, you can tell they put that shit together in under a month.

Close Enough finished production recently and may get a 2nd season.
tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/01/work-around-town-too.html?showComment=1515211856586#c3065862374929765983

>Splittin' Rent -- end of Season One and likely to get pickup (aka "Close Enough" -- see Adult Swim)

>no high five ghost backstory episode

I checked the website to see what you mean, and you're right. This shit is so edgy.

I don't think it had that strong of a fandom to begin with.

>tfw no girl to watch RS with
>2 girls to watch adventure time with
>5-6 girls force me to watch star vs with
>every girl i talk to, maybe 20, force me to watch dr who

for the love of god tell me this isn't a real dub

youtu.be/LCZJk_BIOnE?list=PLwA0f9Rwxqm_rXqC-ePGWWmXiZF0AI6lv&t=88

>mr maellard's head is censored

It is like you are describing my entire college experience

>going to college with women