New Age of Heroes Imprint

What is the point of this imprint? Does this have anything to do with the Dark Matter imprint still?

The point is to want to offer new characters to expand their universe, Possibly fail but it is not a bad intention.

So basically, it's new characters that don't come with tons of history that overwhelm new readers. Is it still artist driven like the Dark Matter imprint?

They are related to dark matter in which the event is the cause that exist, that is where they had their powers or that they met, but when they release the # 1 of each one they will explain it.

Dark Matter IS the New Age of Heroes stuff, they renamed it

it's supposed to be an accessible, artist-driven line, featuring new teams/characters that are connected to the DCU but not dependent on decades of continuity

some of the books sound shitty, some sound promising, I'm hoping it does well in general because it's a good approach even if I'm not personally interested in everything

also it's DC's Not-Marvel

The point is that they had a bunch of exclusive writers and aritsts who wanted to work on Marvel characters but couldn't, so they decided to appease them by letting them write DC-versions of those characters.

Big 2 have been ripping each other off for years, so I kind of welcome the new blood. Sideways in particular could be fun. I'd have a chuckle if a future villain was essentially GLADOS

Sideways = Spider-Man?

Yes, as well as Damage=Hulk, Brimstone=Ghost Rider, and The Terrifics= The Fantastic Four. Would anyone read a Red Lion solo book?

It's not the same. NAoH characters have the same concept like Marvel heroes but they are different in many ways. Red Lion is literally villain Black Panther

the Unexpected = Defenders

Yes. His tagline is literally "With Much Power Comes Great Liability." They aren't trying to hide it.

Immortal Men is worth it just to find out what the batman who lmaos does without barbatos holding him back

Well, it worked. Spider-Man is my favorite superhero but I hate Dan Slott. Gonna read Sideways now.

>Literally a social justice warrior
Please be a bitch whom we are supposed to hate

She's a villain, so yes. I kind of want to see funny Sinister Six stand-ins. Like I don't know, "The Hippo", or "Blue Gremlin" or something

She appears on the Villians concept art page, so its likely. I could see her ending up in a more antagonistic Black Cat role.

The villains are always labelled as villains unless they just meant that as a joke

Would be fitting, considering she's a speedster, and the "chasing" theme. Actually come to think of it, Sideways meeting The Flash could be funny. Just have him porting all over Central City trying to keep up, and have a conversation

Will lord Havoc make a return? For a supposed Doom imitation he sure lacked everything that makes Doom fun.

So is it like an SJW Sinister Six?

It's a multiracial tv gang

Original defenders or synergy defenders

Original, considering there's what seems to be Dr Strange, Valkyrie and maybe Hulk analogues on the team.

I’m actually super interested in this. The previews for Sideways and Terrifics were pretty good.

The new characters are so lame and dated in look that it begs to question if Jim Lees editorial and designs are way past their prime and into rehashing old 90s bullshit. The new characters screams “Extreme “ and ugly.

I can’t wait until this shit gets canceled

Go to bed, Slott

I no nothing about this character but it seems like another dark skinned social justice warrior design. Yawn.
Rachfort is a joke

>diverse
Fuck off.

>Character appears to be what the notes on the design state them to be

What a failure.

Who wants to see if this shit will implode on itself?

Like these notes

Nnnnnghhhh look at this semen demon

They're explicitly stated to be villains user.

They're the villains

>Doglas and the hound
This is very silly and it amuses me

Not-Spider-man looks okay to me, I think I'm gonna give it a whirl.
It would be a serious effort for it to be worse than current Spidey.

Generic as fuck.
Nothing about this project is interesting or original. They are just repacking the same garbage from 20 years ago and adding diversity are a selling point

Black Character
Whit Character
Asian Character
LGBQT Character

It’s like there’s a man adapted checklist these fuckers are using to creat stories. Garbage

Any book with Doc Shaner is good in my book.

>What is the point of this imprint?
Artist first comics. That's it.

*White

I like Rocafort but thus design is so lame. Needs a third color or something.

They're creating new characters and revitalizing old ones that haven't been used in forever. The connecting tissue is that the starting storylines will all have something to do with the "Dark Multiverse" that was created for the Metal event.

>Metamorpho
>LGBT
>Phantom Girl
>Asian
What?
Also
>Not digging Plastic Man

Shaner is a great artist, but these books are a fucking joke and a waste of your hard earned cash. Do yourself a favor and buy something better.

Eel is white, you cunt

The joke was that Metamorpho is LGBQT

Phantom Girl also looks Asian in the illus

If you're going to complain about un-originality you'd be far better suited going with he fact its a blatant Fantstic Four riff instead of just assuming Metamorpho is LGBTWhatever (which he isnt)

But of course that would require reading comics.

*illustration
That’s why he’s the white dude, jizz mop

Holy kek, are you getting paid to shill so hard against this or is it reverse psychology. Nobody likes being told what to do. Your post just makes me want to buy multiple copies.

The point is that this whole project is a monumental failure in the making. A loser move by DC tryhards

Its just the shitposters fishing for easy (you)s by shitting on what people are hyped about.

When you drive on the road and see a horrific accident you try and warn your fellow motorists

who's lgbt?

Well I'm excited. Personally I'll be pulling everything except Silencer and Damage. Especially excited for Sideways. Slott's continued reign of mediocrity has me aching for a decent spider-man book.

I which it were true but, these books are not gonna be anywhere near good Let alone ok

Same think happened with the Hanna Barbara/Looney Tunes/Shadow crossovers

>LGBQT Character
which one is that?

Rex
Keep waiting. This ain’t the book

It's literally what they are. Why does one word trigger you so much?

Metamorpho is suspect
Hanna Barrera and Looney Toons have more fans that the characters in these books minus The main seven justice league members

Because when it’s forced it’s not genuine organic or real. It’s a clear insult to a readers intelligence

Goddamn them if they ruin Metamorpho too.

This. It's too much of a parody of Marvel to be interesting.

So the fact that they're a cult is lost on you? I think it's a jab at far left groupthink but I may be wrong. We'll both have to find out next month

I don't give a fuck what the story is. If Doc Shaner is drawing it, it will be gold. He has the similar essence of Darwyn Cooke. R.I.P. Still Hurts.

I actually like Tony Daniel, especially doing monster stuff, but my love of 90's Damage Grant Emerson really dampens the hype.

Are they using the Marvel Method for these comics? Like letting the artists draw whatever they want first then the writer comes in after like Steve Ditko with Stan Lee?

I know man I miss him too.

Yeah I think so.

Now that's a good idea, no matter if it fails.

I'm pumped about the team books. Will The Immortals reference Primal Force? I feel like they're in the same vein.

Primal Force was tight. Red Tornado was awesome in that book. He was like a ghost of a robot.

>ghost of a robot
Tell me more?

The fact that it blatantly forces diversity into a books character characters or organizations rather than them organically evolving through the story is the problem. Cults are full of wacky different people it really doesn’t need to be spelled out as a “Cult of Diverse people of different gender, race , and sexuality....blah blah blah “
Fuck these agendas. Just write a fucking story that’s good, if your agenda so happens to be their in the nut meat of the story all the better, but don’t force it. I know there will be some that will say “ well it’s their take on these groups of people” to that I say, enough flim-flam and explanation, put it in the story. Leave something to grow

So why do you feel that's the case? Because they used the word diverse?

If you read their promotions in the recent comics and look at the designs you can pretty much pierce together what’s the angle and what they are going for. The Diversity things is the elephant in the room but in reverse, everyone fucking talks about it, and this results in a garbage story

I like this guy, so what's so special about him besides his portal powers. Also we need a Rolf edit of him ASAP.

This was a 90's book and I hadn't ever encountered Red Tornado before. In Meltzer's JLA during the mid 2000's Tornado was way more of a person. In Primal Force he was like a busted, hollow, armor. He didn't speak or exhibit a consciousness but he would activate and fight to protect the other characters when necessary.

This is the dumbest thing. I thought it was a Garth Ennis The Boys comic parody.

Why? DC have an army of underused characters

This.
Why not make your shitty underused characters better? Why rely on Jim Lees dated editorial tastes?

But of course there was a tease of consciousness and I think he gradually improved over the series.

I suppose the thinking is that newly whole cloth characters are less intimidating to pussy retard consumers.

Fucking milk toast Characters for toothless consumers.

Metamorphic isn't gay, he's a hetero robo-sexual. RIP forver muh waifu Indigo.

Immortal men got Batman who lmaos as the big bad of the first arc

I totally understand, but perhaps you might be overreacting a bit over villain character notes. We'll have to see how this pans out. I can't possibly see DC going full retard like Marvel did

every villain in sideways seems like a good guy so whatever you say danny boy

Cause Marvel died next to DC Rebirth and since they ain't recovering anytime soon, DC wants to steal their entire readership by doing Marvel characters right.

This might backfire when the new weeaboo-in-chief takes over by converting Marvel to become Naruto manga though!!! ALL HAIL AKIRA YOSHIDA!!!!!!!!!!

I read the first couple of issues of Damage but never got around to finding out his deal. Something about him being molested by Dr Polaris, who was his real dad?

Damage was the result of a top secret Nazi breeding program led by Baron Blitzkrieg to create the ultimate super-powered being.

They got their hands on the Golden Age Atom, Al Pratt's cum and then kidnapped the DC/Quality Comic version of Ms America and impregnated her with Al Pratt's cum then killed her once she gave birth. They then injected Damage with DNA from the entire JSA and a bunch of Silver Age heroes to turn him in a genetic abomination of alien/human DNA with energy powers and then sent him to live with adopted parents who worked for the Nazis

Johns is turning DC into marvel.
Fuck i'm mad.

This is the state of capeshit. People don't want anything new.

Anime and Manga are trash

Literally only worth reading for the art. Jakeem Thunder could do this with his genie. Vox/Herald could do this with his horn. Nu52Cyborg can do this with his motherbox body. I'm probably missing a few other portal creating insta-travel heroes.

>something new

And what happened with DCYOU? or New52 tittles? or wildstorm?

This is bloodlines all over again, Johns has literally no idea what to do, he can't say no to the dumb ideas and pitches that are presented to him.

It's embarrasing to see DC copying Marvel.

Great, you want to list all of the ice powered characters and the flying bricks?

Man, books aren't even out yet, don't even know if they're good/shit yet, and the Marvel shills are out in full force in this thread

That was Shift, not Metamorpho.

i don't understand why that post end up with reddit spacing.