Why isn't Cartoon Network airing the old shows if future generations haven't seen them yet? Is there a reason for this?

Why isn't Cartoon Network airing the old shows if future generations haven't seen them yet? Is there a reason for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_d1tC-EJMw
youtube.com/watch?v=3X_L7oGCF90
youtube.com/watch?v=xjMHOVxd8Yc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

These kinds of threads usually don't much replies as to why they don't air the old shows sadly

Current CEO and the previous CEO tried to copy Nickelodeon.

not in HD

Huh, I never considered this. I mean, with their poor ratings and 24/7 TTG schedule, you'd think they would at least try something like that. Maybe they don't think they would be successful, since they're tailored to modern audiences?

youtube.com/watch?v=u_d1tC-EJMw
Then explain this. Camp Lazlo is actually remastered in HD on the Boomerang App. They could bring reruns to CN's schedule for the current 6-11 year olds

They really need to bring these shows back

Do you think CN will bring these shows back in reruns for a new generation if we ask CN?

>Do you think CN will [do something not involving TTG]
The answer is no

Fuck

I feel like making a paste in showing my schedules for CN. (User fartmanx)
My CN schedule would have:
Regular Show
Detentionaire
Camp Lazlo
Iggy Arbuckle
Robotboy
The Secret Saturdays
Mona the Vampire
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Jacob Two Two
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends
Hero: 108
Redakai: Conquer The Kairu
My Gym Partners a Monkey
Storm Hawks
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Adventure Time
LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
Being Ian
Delta State
Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated
Chowder
Code Lyoko
Codename: Kids Next Door
All Ben 10 series
The Amazing World of Gumball
Uncle Grandpa
Sidekick
Dragon Hunters
Flatmania
The Powerpuff Girls (both series)
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
Stoked
Hot Wheels Battle Force 5
6teen

*Pastebin

In their minds, they think kids won’t like it because simply it’s old

Surprise, surprise, CN makes bad choices. That was literally the point of their side channel Boomerang before they rebranded it into CN's dumping ground for reboots and shows that didn't do well (Nu-PPG, Nu-Ben 10, My Knight Me, etc)

Seems like a decent mix of shows, but IMO I think it needs less Canadian shows and more of CNs newer original programming

Which is bullshit, because I watched The Flintstones back in the 90s. And thats a 60s show

>watching misogynist, racist, homophobic and transphobic shows

Oh, you mean the well written stuff?

Because those aren’t profitable anymore and the channel has to air cartoons the newer generation will like so who cares

>poor ratings

I am not surprised you think racism increases quality of the show, but people who decide what's going to air aren't scum like you.

Kids need to watch them though. They haven't watched those old shows aside from the Original Teen Titans, which has aired reruns recently on CN

In the 90s and early 2000s, Cartoon Network aired reruns of The Jetsons and Top Cat and those shows had already ended by that point. 90s kids got to watch them, so why can't todays kids? The same goes for stuff like Dexter's Laboratory

The reruns of old CN shows would perform exceptionally well with kids. You have to keep in mind that CN is a kids network, not a manchild network

It is called The Boomerang app

No one has that though

>Obvious false flag is obvious
troll harder

youtube.com/watch?v=3X_L7oGCF90

They used to re-run CartoonCartoons on Fridays during the Snyder days

Why doesn't CN want to rerun old shows for a NEW generation?

Networks used to rerun shows like The Flintstones and The Jetsons all the time. When one generation stopped watching it, a new generation came in and loved it, rinse and repeat. They don't do this anymore sadly.

>anything I don't like or am incapable of arguing against is bait

>>poor ratings
Even TTG dips below a million every once in a while. All of their shows are failing. So yes, piss-poor. They lost a million viewers in about five years.

It is not just CN.
Nick and Disney are the same.

Part of it is Executives wanting to take full credit for the network success, and as such refusing to rely on the work of their predecessors.
Part of it is the large amount of new content not leaving much space for old content (of course, this does not apply when you keep airing the same show)

the alternative is you being an idiot, so take your pick

Old Cartoons are too violent and politically incorrect to show on television. When CN aired Looney Tunes, they ended some cartoons early to edit out the dark stuff. For example, Showbiz Bugs now ends when Daffy got caught in his own xylophone trap for Bugs instead of the original cartoon's ending of him doing a dare devil act.
youtube.com/watch?v=xjMHOVxd8Yc

>someone calling me out on my bigotry is a bait
I mean, on Sup Forums it ends up as a bait anyway, but it doesn't make your racism ok.

>Camp Lazlo is actually remastered in HD on the Boomerang App

Camp Lazlo didn't begin broadcast until 2005, when HD was definitely on the way in and many shows were already routinely broadcasting in DVD-quality with a view to future release on a format with greater definition than VHS. Even if it wasn't originally produced in HD, the assets might have been made with a view to eventually producing HD transfers from the masters.

Older shows, especially where the people who worked on them have moved on some decades since, don't have that kind of backup. They were probably never created with a view to being any higher resolution than 240p, because that would push up costs.

"Remastering" Camp Lazlo (or any 2005 show where the production company had the foresight to produce high-definition assets) shouldn't be any harder than producing a new transfer; there's a cost associated with that, but not a horrendous one.

Remastering say Cow and Chicken to be HD would require completely rebuilding the assets. You'd essentially be making the show all over again, so there's no point until you're sure it's going to justify the costs of the remake. Even big 90s shows like Star Trek have struggled with this cost - a little cartoon with a cult following is never going to pay it off.

$$$
They(and other networks) most likely have to pay to air all those shows. TV being dead/dieing for the past decade or so don't generate enough rateings/budget to warrant the risk of airing that many shows like they used to.

This