So tell me Sup Forums...are you more of a tech based hero or magic based hero?

So tell me Sup Forums...are you more of a tech based hero or magic based hero?

If an environment based off the real world, tech based hero. I enjoy magic based hero in a fantasy environment where it blends nicely but magic based hero in a real world type scenario throws me off.

Let's chalk me down for "martial artist"

So... are you Chinese or Japanese?

I'm no hero. Never was.

um ACTUALLY sweetie, magic is literally just advanced technology. :^)

>Implying magic isn't just another force waiting to be hijacked by technology and bent to human will like everything else
Fuck magic vs science bullshit.
Give me tech fueled by magic to do some truly amazing shit.

The same fucking question i make in Sup Forums:
>So... do you like fantasy medieval or post-apocaliptic nuclear?

Why choose?

I ran a Stand user in a tabletop superhero game once, so...psychic based?

Arcane Punk or Science-Fantasy?

They're too distinct genres, anan

Magic

Watching tech-nerds blather "I-its just science we don't know y-yet!" while your warp really with the snap of the finger after just reading how to.

Human ingenuity would only push harder and faster if we found additional forces to mess with. Its what we do.

I am more a a genetic based hero that acquired his power due to sheer luck of his birth. A 100% genuine evolved human that acquired powers that humanity will eventually acquire once they reach their peak. Magic and tech are just additions that were acquired due to my evolved intelligence.

Because you're worse at both than Richards.

Science is just systematic study through experimentation. You can apply that to literally anything.

magic

Technomage magitek tech mage me up

REEEEEEchards doesn't know jackshit about magic, and even if he did, DOOM would still be better at it! I mean, who the fuck are you man? What do you know about DOOM? DOOM's just had bad luck and awful PR.

Magic because I can do anything I want.

The closest thing to magic is reality bending meta technology so no.

Science-Shooting a ray that turns a rock into gold by doing something with the strong nuclear force to rearrange the neutron and proton arrangement.

Magic-shooting a way that turns a rock into gold for no unexplainable reason its simply becomes gold.

In comics they might as well be the same thing. Most of the time they just amount to shooting a big colorful laserbeam that goes "choom."

Probably magic-based, but with a bit of tech just for the sake of having more options to work with. Then again, I don't know if I'd consider myself a hero. I'm certainly no villain, but I'd probably just be generally going about my life and just trying to scrape by rather than seriously messing around with the world at large. There's no easier way to fuck things up than trying to fix them, after all.

I would like to have powers that would make fit into the Doom Patrol.
What does Reality Warping count as? Or being created by a reality warper?

Teach based.
Theres just more possibilities for deeper story telling with a hero who uses tech. Especially if it gets taken away from them and then they have to solve a situation without their tools

I love it even more when they are the only one who uses tech when going up with or against those who use magic, creates a fun dynamic

Same user.

Magic is more variable and I like that

Cant I just make technology using magic?

>Tech
>Magic
lmao, the BioChad > the virgin tech/magic boi

Not in worlds where magic is an innate genetic ability.

Does it count if I'm a rich industrialist who's been building up industry in the shadows over thousands of years so not only do I have ancient arcane curses but the resources to use and acquire high end technology?
Also
>Hero
Making alot of assumptions there

>DCUO
Oh god people still play this?

Magic is just a science that isn't fully understood yet.

That, and you can just claim any magic bullshit was just done by post-Singularity computers dicking with the spacetime continuum for their amusement.

>In the future, videogames will play you.

Magic. Tech is lame.

tech, I don't like magic really.

technology is just another form of magic

wut anime is this?

>after just reading how to.
That's actually a good argument as to why it is a science.

i prefer my heroes to run on bullshit shenanigans that are never explained

>that isn't fully understood yet.
Then explain how magic users in genres spanning different continents are generally shown studying and carefully manipulating magic to powerful effect. Sounds more like it's just a science non magic students don't understand.

My nigga

Chinese all day, everyday. Fuckin japs are horrible, and not only deny that what they did was horrible, but celebrate it. Fuckin Nazis that got away with it. Fuck Japan.

Is alcohol technology?

Tech

The abilities of technology are usually more strongly-defined than those of magic. Without an understanding of the limits, methods, stakes, etc. the storytelling gets muddled.

Really this is an opinion about the value of narrative structure, and tech is way easier to do competently.

Muscle Wizard

I like both, bu tboth don't beat semantic powers. The weirder my powers are, the better.

I did a list of tech/magic powers and their appearence based on the powerlevel.
Street-level: Tech - Gene-designed human, Magic - Street Wizard
Mid: Tech - Cyborg, Magic - Demon
High: Tech - Super Robot, Magic - Chosen One
Cosmic: Tech - Higher Dimensional Being Magic - A Personification

sauce on pic

>tfw I kinda miss playing DCUO but I also have no reason to keep playing since I've gotten as far as I could without spending money
Why won't anyone just make a create-your-own-superhero RPG that isn't bogged down by MMO shittery? How has that market not been tapped in this age of constant superhero movies?

Anyway, I'd go with magic, just because I feel like it's easier to come up with weird unique ideas for characters that way.

>Chinese all day, everyday.
Are you talking about main land Chinese that won't bother to help you after you get hit by a car or the ones smart enough to GTFO while they can to other countries and thrive there.

I'm a steel based hero, but steel is only as strong as the flesh wielding it.

Isn't magic-fueled tech just magic?

tech is predictable magic is not

tech all DAY

Do you call cars gas or the electronics around your house coal or even call them by the forces of the universe they take advantage of to do what they do?
Never heard of someone call a refrigerator thermodynamics.

>hero.

Heh.

thats more like knowing how to operate technology than science.
you know how it works, but you don't know why it works.

Fair enough.

its chemistry
a distillery its technology

Law.

how do you write magic power level that makes sense?

I've never been picky.
Hell most space stuff has tech go to magic levels and I love me some cosmic hero stuff.

magic. I wanna be a lightning bolt laying muthafucker, muthafucker

The best is always a blend of both.

A magical fantasy that always explains their lore until it is set in rules like a science.
A sci-fi spectacular with technology and powers to such extreme you have yourself near reality warping and other surreal magic-like effects.

i feel like it's pretty easy, you just you that old rule, a coincidence can be used to add intrigue, but NOT to solve a problem. The magic must not solve the problem unless it's some kind of Chekhov's gun or a precedent has been set.

But most magic based heroes like Static Shock are sci-fi.

My OC self-insert is Tech/Psychic

>Thinking he can wield magic and remain uninvolved

Tonal memes fuck off