Tarantula

>Hello?
>What? Who?
>Tarankala?
>Naww, fool.
>Wait, how much?
>Daaaang!

can we talk about this show? holy shit it slipped entirely under my radar until Sup Forums tol' me. It is like King of the Hill had a babbu with Reno 911 and the baby got drunk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=056716eHepk
youtube.com/watch?v=YspiG0PH3OI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port-wine_stain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is this?

new show made for TBS

i thought i was going to hate this show but it'a actually pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=056716eHepk

Pig Head was great

It's a really fucking good animated show you should check out. If you're on the fence, check out the youtube shorts first, get a taste. There's actually a callback to them in the show.
youtube.com/watch?v=YspiG0PH3OI

Exactly how I felt. Just like Phineas and Ferb, I needed Sup Forums to guide me to the light. t'was Super Aggro Crag specifically, and that guy knows his shit.
I mean it's literally the worst episode but it was still fantastic, and it gave me the feels.
but I guess it's only on their site and "App" because they're allowed to say words Conan isn't

I seriously lost my shit on this one, and then I did my best to repeat it to others and others' shit was lost.

I like how none of the main characters are drawn to be physically attractive.

Well, Penny... Well.. in a few years she might..

well her older sister Silver, if you can get past the burns, which I totally can....

I like how they made a random reference to See-saw having triangular nostrils when Echo was trying to pretend to agree with mexican guy that he must be part coyote
and like, Echo has triangular nostrils.

>I mean it's literally the worst episode
contrarian

Not at all, but it's the one dramatic episode out of 10 and it really puts that ahead of the comedy. If you thought this was the best episode, you'd almost certainly have to essentially not like the rest of the show, as it's.. simply not that kind of show.
I don't think tv should stick rigidly to a genre and refuse to deviate, but I do think this experiment wasn't as entertaining to me and I would have been happy keeping it as-is.

I loved it. It was basically a slightly less grounded King of the Hill where everyone is slightly more shitty. Such a shame that we'll probably never see another season.

I liked it, but the tonal shift was a bit much and out of nowhere. They should have done something else other than "muh dead daughter" or at least eased it in better.

it's a miracle we got this one, but if it blows up like it should, we could easily get another. It just depends on how stupid the TBS execs are. Remember they aired fuckin Cartoon Planet, something which on paper is the most retarded thing you could do, but look what happened.
This is probably a case of... y'know how in the 90s every network wanted a SImpsons, and they greenlit shit like Home Movies or Mission Hill then canceled when they weren't Simpsons?
This exec and other similar ones recently might be trying to get a Rick and Morty, because they know the kids on their interwebs like that show

now admittedly I paused a lot in this one because real life shit got in the way, but I completely forgot what had gotten him on that mortality tack by the end and had to scroll back to the beginning to be like "oh right, the dog"

Sadly, that's enough to keep most people from checking out the show. The art style isn't even bad!

>well her older sister Silver, if you can get past the burns, which I totally can....

Those aren't birthmarks?

Those people must not watch much western animation. It can't all be avatar and voltron, the rest is ugly.
This is likely to get the king of the hill audience, the only problem is how very lifeless people look when they aren't moving. At a distance it looks like some kind of cheap indian educational cartoon

Even better. I can get the fuck past those easily
I've never seen birthmarks like that before.

Hey OP, are you the same OP that was about to cry because people weren't watching this show?

I thought Silver had one of these.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port-wine_stain

I got Mission Hill vibes just with a different kind of counterculture initially and that was enough to keep me watching. It's it's weird thing and I really enjoyed it. everything about it just screams "I will never get another season but will be remembered fondly years later" like so many animated shows.

This is the first time I've posted this show on the fortch anne and it's only the second thread i've ever seen on it, so no

ooh those are nasty. like permanent eczema. still, i'd love her.

Hard to be remembered nowadays, and with an online-only release of all the episodes at once, it's almost impossible.

Tarantula is the Billy Dilley to Final Space/Close Enough's DuckTales/Big Hero 6: The Series.

This is just another case of a TV network trying to unfairly shove a new show under the rug before fully committing to promote their more promising new series. The difference with TBS, though, is that Tarantula is actually really fucking GOOD. It deserves a second season! Billy Dilley was just a huge letdown that proved Aaron Springer's lost his touch.

>King of the Hill had a baby with Reno 911 and the baby got drunk
Also a little bit of My Name is Earl in there. Especially Eco trying to do right with a questionable past.

i heard the new ducktales forgot to actually go on globetrotting adventures
I've never even heard of those others besides billy dilley. I don't really get your analogy here either. also holy shit aaron springer was involved? really?

ooh you're dead right. it's kind of like a less sanitized my name is earl, without even needing to add the other comparisons

Man that was a good show that always had a weird feeling of maybe being terrible just underneath the surface, but never was

one more bump just in case

honestly I really liked the show so I went on the dude's website and bought his book and got it and it's not a comic its like an actual book book so I'm pretty pissed off and then asked him how much like a print would be from the show and it was ridiculous price
like no one watches it and I genuinely enjoyed it but all the interactions with the dude who I expected to be a bro but that was whack
seemed chill but no chill irl

That was just a t-shirt!

so you are pissed because you bought a book from a person because you were not paying attention and then you demanded to get a print from the show for peanuts?
wow

>TBS waited 'til the very last second to promote Tarantula (the same way Disney did for Billy Dilley)
>TBS shoved the entire season on their app (similar to Disney with Billy Dilley)
>TBS obviously tried to get rid of the show they regretted producing so they could start off 2018 with a clean slate and two new shows bound to be more successful: Olan Rogers's Final Space and JG Quintel's Close Enough (Disney did the same so they could advertise the fuck outta DuckTales and Big Hero 6: The Series)
That was my analogy.

Echo is a treasure.

what is 'a print from the show'? like a screencap? make your own

all I heard was JG Quintel and now i'm happy again
it's funny when I go to the youtube videos everyone is like THIS SHOULD BE ON TV OH MAN

I just want a doll of him that talks
like, for tens of minutes at a time, just rambling.

Oh hey youre welcome dude.

truly you are the greatest SAG
not that there is much competition with a mafia racket and the act of moving downward due to atrophy
Your TV doesn't love you, but I do, I do

I hope this show gets a second season. As someone who has spent time as a derelict living in a motel, it resonates with me.

oh jeez. It makes me feel good about not living there
can anyone tell me what that 'wise fish' machine is? at one point a guy opened it up to service it with a toilet brush
also it totally is a MOtel, right? it seems motelesque, but it's called a hotel.

Lucas is pretty handsome

I'm going to be him in a few years, so.. thanks for that, user

I love his design, you see the guy and you just get so many ideas of who he is and what he has lived