Fucking Disney
youtube.com/watch?v=UfJvKIDS9n8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UTGLPD57_v4
youtube.com/watch?v=k2h2lvhzMDc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We've been over this shit before
Nobody cares anymore

I expected a crappy fan vid about the subject, but honestly this is video is quite surprisingly well done.

Always expect to be surprised.

Oh cool, it's 1994 again. Time to buy some Gak and get really interested in yo-yos.

Yo-yos are cool though.

Lion King>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kimba

Come at me you fucking weebs.

guys did you know that mario brothers 2 is actually doki doki panic

THE SCANDAL

western movies have been adapting movies from the east for many decades, this is very unsurprising

>Round Springfield was a reference to this

Unless the writer said otherwise, I don't think so

Now make one about magnificent seven being a rip off of seven samurai

Magnificent 7 never claimed to be completely original, directly copying no work before it.

this. most of Tezuka's actual animated work was completely awful.

Awful in the writing department? Elaborate plz.

That'sthejoke.ogg

A joke has to be funny, tripfag-san.

>Tezuka invented Hamlet with african animals
lol

I remember watching a trailer for Kimba in an old Pokemon VHS and thinking they were the ones copying LK

tezuka's stories are better, sure. however, the animation in his movies is often pretty subpar. the shitty animation and overall poor production value of a lot of his animated work takes away a lot from the potential that his stories have.

there's a reason for disney's success and it lies in the overall high production value of their movies even if the stories are simplistic.

he literally said animation process, user.

"Animated work" could easily be interpreted as "movies and shows, together with their scripts".

Lion King kept insisting it was original and it literally had a white lion cub near a butterfly in the original concept art

Boy you are talking about the 60's animation? How do you think that it would compete against 90's animation?

A good chunk of animated Disney movies literally just take shit from public domain, and just make their own version of it.

This is nothing new.

This is literally 20 year old news.

Kimba the White Lion was not in the public domain, idiot.

Disney is the devil

there's always somebody doesn't know and personally I like to discuss things make me sick

youtube.com/watch?v=UTGLPD57_v4

This was not public domain they simply stole from a small company in Japan cause and even with all the proofs they couldn't do anything cause Disney has more money

oh a Disney boy shitting around cause Disney stole the whole film from an anime we watched when we were children written by the fucking creator of manga and anime.

retarded every single character was shown in the same way and with the same look with the same story and the same SCENES. You work for Disney.

I heard Disney himself didn't create Mickey neither or anything else.

and they still robbed him user.

>Lion King kept insisting it was original
Silly user, movies can't talk.

Yeah a good short video. Rare on YouTube nowadays

Mouseketeer disney shills go back to the Marvel threads.

Fine, the guys who worked on the Lion King and marketed it kept saying it was original

>Take the same movie synopsis and make a movie out of it.
That's okay in my book.

>Rip off the source in a 1:1 cinematic fashion.
That's fucking bullshit and they should pay for it.

Huh... that is compelling. I remember watching Kimba The White Lion years ago as a kid, liked the storylines but not the animation. The Lion King, I didn't like the storyline nor the animation.

Disney should come clean about this.

Member 2008, when 10 minutes was your limit?

>user makes a thread on argument
>Other Anons point out that this is an old argument
>"LOOK AT THESE SHILLLLLLLLSSS!"

The scenes were the same, themes and they copied all the characters

I know. Hence the "bullshit" part of my post.

A few select scenes and general concepts does not a 1:1 rip off make. The story is fundamentally different and the environment is not exactly the same. There are enough differences to make Lion King its own movie. Cry about it all you want.

>implying Japan has never plagiarized something and produced a good work of fiction from it

Also, the Lion King borrows far more from Hamlet than 'Kimba', and doesn't even use the good parts of Hamlet either.

You can still be guilty of plagarism even if you don't rip off an ENTIRE movie, just parts of it.

They don't even look the same. So where's the plagiarism?

>Hamlet
>Ghost dad and evil uncle

>Kimba
>shot composition, black tipped ears, calling a mandrill a baboon, evil lion with hyenas, having a fucking white lion near a butterfly in the original production art, etc

When does this scene happen in Lion King?

>he argued without checking OP's sources

A few scenes and some concepts does not a 90minute movie make, user.

Mate, this is like saying What's Up Balloon to the Rescue isn't a knock off of Up.

>It makes it not-plagiarism if it's only some!
Well, now I know for sure Disney hires shills.

But the thesis is that the Lion King is a ripoff of ALL of Kimba the White Lion. That the plagiarism is occurring at the most fundamental level.

But, if you actually look at the Lion King, you'll find that it's a Hamlet ripoff, and nothing else. You might as well try to claim that 'Oliver and Company' stole elements of Fritz the Cat - which yes people have done. You're trying to claim that the most surface level similarities are more important than the far deeper concept.

Lion King is Hamlet in Africa. Oliver and Company is Oliver Twist but with stray animals in New York. Maybe plagarism/inspiration occurred on the side, but nobody started production by whispering 'hey, let's rip off something obscure!' They said 'Hey, let's do a work of literature... but... with animals, cause it's a kids movie!' That's the main source of influence. Not anything on the periphery.

Oh wow, people think hyenas are evil and something that was previously classified as belonging to the Baboon family is called a baboon. Big fucking coincidences.

Now show me where 99% of the movie is from.

>disney shills

People are literally telling you it's plagiarized from something else.

stay triggered, mouseketeers

>It's plagiarized from something else!
>It's not plagiarized at all!
At least go to the shill meetings and get your story straight.

Dark tipped ears?
That stuff isn't on lions normally, not even in cartoons

It isn't. Welcome to wonderful world of art where everyone is inspired by everyone else and add their own spins to existing stories and materials.
No, it really isn't. Show me where the humans get involved in Lion King since this is a 1:1 copy right?
>black tipped ears
It's like you've never seen a fucking lion.

And maybe there was some reason why that character design worked? Maybe that gave the ears better definition than a single color?

And sure, maybe that started with Kimba the White Lion, but that still doesn't mean the Lion King is literally a ripoff of Kimba.

Would you say that Daffy is a ripoff of Donald because they both have orange bills (which real life ducks do not have)? I mean sometimes there are REASONS for things, and those reasons result in coincidences.

>guys did you know that mario brothers 2 is actually doki doki panic

Yes.
But that was an intentional change because they didn't think western players would buy Doki Doki Panic.

>97968376
>user makes a thread on argument
>Other Anons dismiss because it's old and "LOL BASED DISNEY!!"
>user points out the shill arguments
>responds with generic .jpg and gets butthurt
Y todos ya sabemos que te pario una puta, chupamela como tu mamá.

Explain this Literally a white lion cub during a presentation reel for the film during planning

It's worse, theu do it for free, you know these mousefuckers would Mickey Akbar themselves into colorful fireworks if Disney asked them to.

bro that's a kitten. like a house cat kitten. calm down.

>Ackbar
>ITT: It's just assmad Star Wars manbabies still upset with Disney over the new movies
This is getting more pathetic than the Mahvel/DC wanking.

N-no because it's based on Hamlet, you're just too dumb to get it!

If it was then Hamlet is public domain. No harm; no foul. The Japanese version? Ha ha. Not so much.

Care to repeat that in English?

Forgot one more thing
Clouds

Nip shills. Anime was a mistake.

it was included in the Lion King DVD release

>Biblical symbolism isn't public domain
k

>see buzzword
>use buzzword
That's not how public domain works.

>lion dad cloud ghost
Where's that in the Bible?

Anyone still claiming Atlantis didn't at least partially rip off Nadia? Both are overlooked gems, but it's still blatant.

>anime was a mistake

is that why disney copies off of it with the big anime eyes for the princesses?

hey aren't you hollywood types usually off raping a kid somewhere?

Ripoff or not, the story in TLK is a mess.

Most Pixar movies have been heavily inspired by other movies or tv shows.

Toy Story : The Christmas Toy
Toy Story 2 : Follow That Bird
Toy Story 3 : The Brave Little Toaster
Bugs Life : Insektors + Seven Samurai
Ratatouille : Mouse Hunt
Cars : Doc Hollywood
Cars 2 : The Man Who Knew Too Little
Brave : Brother Bear
Monsters Inc. : Little Monsters
Monsters University : Revenge of the Nerds
Up : Above Then Beyond
Wall-E : Idiocracy + Short Circuit
Finding Dory : Toy Story 2
The Good Dinosaur : Lion King
Inside Out : Cortex Academy (and possibly other similar movies and the theme park ride Cranium Command)

"People remake good movies, but they are already good. They should remake bad movies that are good ideas but poorly executed." - Ed Catmull
youtube.com/watch?v=k2h2lvhzMDc ~(25:00)

It was started as an adaption of Kimba the White Lion to a more modern (at the time) theatrical movie with musical segments. It's similar to the recent live action movie Disney has been making that are inspired by old Disney animated movies and the often written works that inspired those animated movies.

So Disney's claims of The Lion King being 100 percent original are a farce than?

You can't possibly be this stupid. Nice bait, m8.

Tezuka's character designs are much more appealing too.

I want Disney to do an actual out and out adaptation of Kimba just to fuck with everyone

Speaking of that, the scene where nadia ripped off the Disney live action movie is never brought up, it's small but its still there.

>does not a 1:1 rip off make
quit speaking like a faggot

>america ripps off japan
*yawn* the US has never done anything original, if you aren't aware of this by now you're just retarded.

*yawn* You are such a dumbass, if you aren't aware of this by now you're just a faggot.

It's funny because Atlantis came out some time after ADV started editing Nadia on VHS and DVD in 2001.

>gets BTFO
>n-n-nice bait

lmao

OP, your the biggest faggot in this thread if you thought this wasnt going happen.

>Welcome to wonderful world of art where everyone is inspired by everyone else and add their own spins to existing stories and materials.
>inspired

That's not being inspired you retard. Also Disney tried to sue other companies for much less.

>1:1 copy right?
Nobody said that, they're pointing out that they ripped the anime visually, which they did.
How many "treacherous familiar lion with a scar on one eye" are there in ficiton?

>It's like you've never seen a fucking lion.
Right.
What about the white fur in the concept art? Albino lions are pretty fucking rare.

>But the thesis is that the Lion King is a ripoff of ALL of Kimba the White Lion.
You didn't even watch the video you retarded shill.

>arguments get old

>it didn't had one specific scene so is not a rip off
kys,

What? Which scene was it?

would you?

oversealouz disney apologists: don't take this as people bashing Disney's animated films or legacy or whatever.
Yes TLK is still a quality movie, don't worry about that.
The problem isn't with the artists at Disney who actually made the movie, they were obviously influenced by Tezuka and Kimba (Kimba was on TV and was a popular show during the 60s and 70s, the people who were working on Lion King probably grew up watching Kimba).
The problem is Disney's lawyers, who didn't want to admit the obvious ripoff instances, which would be otherwise be taken as a sort of homage to Kimba, which was probably the artists' original intention.
I don't believe the director of the movie saying he wasn't aware Kimba existed before Lion King. A man who is an animation director doesn't know about fucking Kimba? Please.