So, Loving Vincent lost to Coco at the Golden Globes...

So, Loving Vincent lost to Coco at the Golden Globes, and then the (white) guy accepting went out of his way to thank 'all of mexico' for Coco existing.

So can we all agree LV should've won and there was a clear Disney bias?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/movie/loving-vincent
metacritic.com/movie/the-breadwinner
metacritic.com/movie/coco-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>The Golden Globes are the Emmys of movies

yeah. I hate this disney dicksucking that happens every year at all the award shows. It just gets tiresome, especially when there are truly incredible pieces of art that don't get the recognition they deserve.

What were the other nominees?

disney orders 3 more seasons of duck tales.png

It should have won, oscars should give it an award

Don't most of the judges for these things fully admit that they don't watch all of the nominees?

Most of them think animation is only for kids, it's all about the box office

Coco Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
The Boss Baby 20th Century Fox
The Breadwinner GKIDS, Elevation Pictures, StudioCanal
Ferdinand 20th Century Fox

That's for the Oscars, but I won't be surprised if it's the same here

>when you read those quotes from their ballots that literally read..
>I don't watch this kind of kids stuff. My daughter liked this one. I choose...

>Coco Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
>The Boss Baby 20th Century Fox
>The Breadwinner GKIDS, Elevation Pictures, StudioCanal
>Ferdinand 20th Century Fox
How was this not a blowout win for loving vincent? It wasn't like this movie was competing against Wall'E or something, if was competing against fucking Boss Baby and Coco.

Loving Vincent was visually impressive but the story and writing sucked shit. It's just Kubo and the Two strings all over again

Hopefully the Oscars will have better nominations (really, fucking Boss Baby?)

The ones who give out awards don't even watch animation and don't even like animation, they just give it to the movie they took their kids to see

I liked how the main character was a drunkard and kept taking advantage of the small townsfolks' generosity to give him booze. My friend and I cracked up at the parts where he just walked into the restaurant and poured himself a drink, when he got in a drunken fist fight with the locals, and threw the boat guy's booze into the water. Also, we probably pissed everyone off when Vincent was dying in bed, because we could barely contain our laughter even though it was supposed to be a serious scene. It was funny to us, because when the cop asked Vincent where the gun was, I thought he said gold. Like he just goes around asking dying people where their gold is in hopes of someone actually having some buried treasure out there. Remember to like and subscribe to my blogposts.

>giving a shit about these circlejerk award ceremonies

You didn't even watch Coco

Wow, look all that shit.

>How was this not a blowout win for loving vincent?
>Loving Vincent
metacritic.com/movie/loving-vincent
>62
>The Breadwinner
metacritic.com/movie/the-breadwinner
>76
>Coco
metacritic.com/movie/coco-2017
>81

So its only hipster faggots crying

where do (you) think (you) are?

>expecting anything else
Loving Vincent is visually spectacular, but these awards will always go to the popular choice, not the most visually stunning choice.

I'm not a web, but if the Oscars don't replace Boss Baby and/or Ferdinand with one or two of these, I'm seriously going to think the Academy has something against Japan.

>Sword Art Online

*weeb, not web

Those were the animes submitted for an Oscar.

Wow, you think a bunch of greedy evil rich people might have something against one of the only places in the world that is outside their control? Gee, maybe!

My dude, Frozen won over The Wind Rises in 2014

fucking hel, I haven't even heard of loving vincent but I can tell it should have beaten all those.

It's not bias, just laziness. Nobody gives a shit about animation so they just pick the Disney one that they're vaguely familiar with since they probably took their kids to see it.

Loving Meme is rotoscoping garbage like Waking Life

Fuck off.

yeah, but frozen was actually decent. unlike, Coco or whatever it is, which I'm pretty sure is the third exactly same movie that's been made about "mexican culture."

Good films don't win Oscar's.

Remember what the nominators said about Kaguya and Song of the Sea?

Fuck off ./frzn/

You didn't watch the movie did you?

>aggregate websites

the death of the critic can't come any sooner

chinese fucking shit

Not him but Coco wasn't that great.

It was decent. But it was no Wall-E

>but frozen was actually decent. unlike, Coco or whatever it is
Frozen was trash that only won because of just how overwhelmingly popular it was, it had a pop song and pretty ice dress making powers that voters children loved.
Also Coco is better than Frozen, you wouldnt know that because you havent watched it.
That's kinda the point I was making, no point in putting a film you find superior into the run, since it's just a popularity contest.

The critic died in 2013, user.

>Not him but Coco wasn't that great.
Because you say so right?

Not an argument.

Rango > Coco

I found Rango rather forgettable

Wall-E wasn't that great.

This, Coco was predictable and ultimately forgettable (Ironic considering the story) I think most people were just Día de Muertos virgins.

That wasn't even the worst thing that happened at the show tonight

What happened

>Like he just goes around asking dying people where their gold is in hopes of someone actually having some buried treasure out there.
If it means anything, this part made me laugh.

Is that Tommy Wiseau or Franco cosplaying as him?

>Franco wins the award for best actor in a comedy and invites Tommy on stage
>Tommy is about to say something but Franco cuts him off

This is pretty much the only time he'll get invited. Even if the man makes a fool out of himself, let him say something, even just a short thanks

I'm just glad the breadwinner didn't win. Because fuck Angelina Jolie.

>I think most people were just Día de Muertos virgins
>its the highest grossing movie in Mexico

I guess they're Dia de Muertos virgins too

So, three Disney movies? kek

Are they even eligible?

Boss Baby is Dreamworks.

You missed the joke, user.

FUCK THE GOLDEN GLOBES!

Go to bed Trent, you're drunk and high again.

But Ferdinand is Disney.

So [insert obscure animated film no has heard about] didn't win a [insert generic hollywood masturbatory award] and it went to [insert well known hit movie from well known studio full of well known people that hollywood likes to give masturbatory awards to]! I'm enraged because [insert aforementioned obscure animated film that no one has heard about] was way better! Why are they so biased toward [insert aforementioned well known studio full of well known people who hollywood likes to give masturbatory awards to]?

Napping Princess sounds cute, what is it.

>Best Animated Feature will be Coco
>Best Animated Short will be In a Heartbeat
I don't even wanna watch this year.

lol

[insert you]

Captain Underpants is obviously the best animated film of the past year

Coco is an excellent movie.
Nobody outside of Sup Forums knows what Loving Vincent is.

Sounds like you and your friend like the booze too.