What does Sup Forums think of goth rogue? Is she simply a product of her times or the best iteration of her character

What does Sup Forums think of goth rogue? Is she simply a product of her times or the best iteration of her character

90s floofy hair pawg Rogue is the best version of the character

TAS was better(Evo Rogue still is 9/10) and both are easily better then whatever the fuck they were thinking with Wolverine and the X-Men

/thread

She was my first waifu

Both Goth Rogue and 90s Rogue are acceptable

Is there a character that we can unanimously say that Evolution did better?

Professor X

I'm counting replacing Jubille for Shadowcat as one.

>product of her times
It was actually for once used more as a product of her power set than trend.
It made sense someone who couldn't get intimate would eventually drift towards a subculture that allowed them to embrace being openly dour.

awful

Toad?

The brotherhood in general was more interesting, but under emphasized to avoid stealing focus from the X-kids.
I was honestly more interested in the twins and their daddy issues, Quake's thing with Kitty, and Blob and Toad dealing with the wall between their affection and their appearance.

>brotherhood in general was more interesting
This
Xavier was raising a bunch of house muggas. One of my favorite moments was the Brotherhood walking into the football field saying "You think mutants are monsters! Fine we'll show you your monsters!" And proceed to wreck shit.

xmen has a big problem of lack of unattractive and non human looking heroes, when it's a common condition for mutants.

I remember being a kid watching this and just hating her fucking butt chin.

savage land rogue pretty good too

WatXM Rogue feels like a fusion of the two that managed to be worse than either of them; the Skinny Gotenks of Rogues if you will.

I require as much as you have.

I fucking hated it. I wanted the rogue from the old animated series. Everyone else is mostly okay besides the weird shadow over noses thing. Gambit isn't as hot as his old look

Loved it. Still love it. Wish it was canon. Gave me a fetish for goth chicks that ruined my teenaged years.

ruined, not improved?

When you take into consideration how much her power isolates her? She is absolutely the best iteration of her character.

This post sums up my feelings exactly

Goth girls in life are never as good as cartoons. Especially these days when you don't have many options to choose from.

Honestly? I liked Cyclops more. He was more human and less general of the mutants. Also Jean Grey was a bit more easy to like (instead of the perfect person all the time).

Well when you can't find any...

I didn't like Evolution that much when it came out, but all the r34 of Rogue changed my mind

Shadowcat and Nightcrawler were my OTP.

Product of her times. Not a bad thing, mind you. She's a good incarnation, but 90s Rogue is just so much more iconic and memorable, compared to everything that's come after.

I like her and legacy rogue equally.
They're both cool, and distinct enough that they could be together in the same run and it would work.

The best version is the Rogue from the original X-Men trilogy.

I like her a lot. Not sure if I would call her the best itration but it is interesting to see a Rogue that is basically shapped by the trouble her powers give her. I feel in in the comics her power drain lost too much focus in favor of more generic fighting abilities, at least the version of her in the comics I am familiar with (never been a big X-men reader), so the Evolution version clicked a lot more with me.

This portrayal was probably a mix of the first movie version also giving more focus to her feelings of isolation and goth girls being popular at the time, but it worked.