Terrible Cartoon Building Designs

Is this one of the worst building designs in cartoons ever? I mean imagine having a meeting on the other side of the tower and being forced to go up or down 40 floors just to get to the other side.

You know, architecture in cartoons is one topic I've never seen discussed here.

Rook just had to get his gimmick in there somehow. Literally the first hint that he's a megalomaniacal villain.

This show was so by the book for twist it made me doubt it for a second

Ditto. I thought the show was going to have Rook turn way earlier like Xanatos in Gargoyles. But they played the long game and actually lured me in a bit.

On topic though, what is with Metropolis' architecture in Superman TAS? What even is that aesthetic?

There are real buildings like that, OP. If anything, that one is more convenient because there are connections at the bottom, middle, AND top.

Hey, fuck you.

But that's not DOOFENSHMIRTZ EVIL INCORPORATED

I've always wondered if this is even physically possible to construct, let alone transport an entire castle to the top.

No, but so what? It's awesome.

There was actually a bit of a craze in the first part of the 20th century amongst the rich for buying old European buildings.

They'd deconstruct them, load them into numbered crates, ship them across the Atlantic, and rebuild them on site.

So the castle itself wouldn't be that big of a deal; weight wouldn't be that big of an issue either since steel is a lot heavier than the stones that it would have been made out of and concrete not that much lighter.

It is... It would be very expensive, but you just have to take it piece by piece an then rebuild it up there

>What even is that aesthetic?
Art Deco

Not a cartoon but this thing. It was so dumb that they had to add a tardis gimmick almost immediately because otherwise it's too small to be useful for anything

>I mean imagine having a meeting on the other side of the tower and being forced to go up or down 40 floors just to get to the other side.
That happens in real life with some buildings. I'm in NYC and the elevators, especially in older buildings, are funky as fuck. There are many times I have to take an elevator up to go down because there are only express elevators on that floor that go from floors 1 to 20 - 45.

...wait, they all share one bathroom?

>op's room

what's the joke here?

Why else would Cyborg be telling them to hit the showers all the time?

OPS probably stands for operations in this case, aka common area.

Look at this dumb fucking shit

Can Cyborg even hit the showers?

i am dumbass

Yeas? I'd assume that his robotic components are waterproof, otherwise he wouldn't be much use in the field and he's have to replace them constantly.

That shit is explosion proof and it floats. Its more functional than any other couch out there.

oh boy gimme that hearst crazy castle.

>Beast Boy and Raven have their rooms together alone on one side
>Starfire's and Robin's are on top of one another, conveniently with Cyborg at the bottom so that he can't hear the top floor

They knew what they were doing.

Okay but really that is the coolest fuckin building. I'd live there in a heartbeat.

>weight wouldn't be that big of an issue either since steel is a lot heavier than the stones that it would have been made out of

The whole point of using steel and concrete is that they're very strong while being relatively lightweight so buildings can be made taller.

...aaaafter hooouuurrrrssss...

Didn't a guy in China try to do that and it fucked up the building?

To be fair, it's china, their building standard is pretty fucken cyberpunk. Safety codes and basic structural soundness are more suggestion.

Automatically hearing the theme music in my head.

No, tripsposter, you've just been spending a little too much time on this Mongolian flyfishing forum.

I was rewatching TT a while back and it struck me just how many little BBRae scenes got in the show, despite the supposed denials from the showrunners.

They knew what they were doing, indeed.

A prism tower?

Anyone got more cartoon/comic architecture?

I've got this picture of Colu's weird ass architecture from the early 90s.

They almost always make it look a little too dramatic for an isolated planet that is supposed to be running on 100% logic and reason. IMO it would probably make more sense if the planet was filled with well insulated, square shaped concrete/stone/metal buildings with slightly slanted roofs and a lot of solar panels.

It's a chess piece.

AKU!

That's some real Aku-tecture there.

It looks just like a prism tower.

Why was this even considered a dumb idea by the characters? They're LEGO, their feet aren't going to be dangling like a human's can.

>cartoon
Faggot. There's way more dumb architecture in capeshit comics.

>island stronghold
>only way off by land is this skinny-ass bridge that doesn't take much to smash.
Yeah, that totally bit them in the ass during the blizzard.

I mean from a wartime defensive standpoint it makes sense but from a civil engineering-this is your capital city for crying out loud standpoint, it's ridiculous.