Is Mark Waid a horrible person?

Is Mark Waid a horrible person?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v5ZYse6Vqtc
voxday.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-rabbit-bites-back.html
hooktube.com/watch?v=mBV0_R5fg-0
quillette.com/2017/12/27/collision-reality-depth-psychology-can-tell-us-victimhood-culture/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, he's just a person.

I mean he's getting into one huge twitter shitfest with a Youtuber (who may or may not have brain damage) who should've never been taken seriously to begin with and apparently even after quitting twitter he's still mad

His brain degraded, he was always an emotionally unstable man, and he's a really weird person IRL.

He probably isn't good to be around.

Yeah comic book creators are retards regarding that one youtuber, they are just giving him more power by acknowledging him and giving him importance.

Rule 1 about internet shit
Never give the opponent an excuse to act like a martyr

The reason that guy was on the Bleeding Cool top 100 comic book celebrities to look out for or whatever, was due to his growing fanbase. And the reason for that is Marvel fucking up so hard for so god damn long. It's nothing to do with Mark Waid. Mark Waid isn't relevant anymore.

The comicgate shit escalated after Waid and Meyer talked to each other
It's weird, one spergs out like no tomorrow and has become a shadow of his former self
The other's an idiot who didn't know comics aren't water proof yet is seen as a sign of "hope" for people

No, but he may have some kind of non-public psychological issue.

Now, if you want a comic book creator who IS a horrible person, in just about every imaginable way? John Byrne. Hoo boy is John Byrne awful.

He's more like a torch someone lit after seeing so many Marvel readers reading their comics in the dark and not seeing any issues.

he blocked me on twitter for asking him about Impulse adopting the title Kid Flash under Johns Teen Titans
like wtf thats a genuine question that is putting into respect his run

He's just a huge fucking manchild who regularly has autistic fits in public.

I told Cameron Stewart I liked his issue of Multiversity and he blocked me. Boggled my mind. He's a fucking lazy nutjob anyway.

Apparently Gail Simone's on good terms with her
And she's also fine with Chuck Dixon and EVS despite vastly different political views (especially Chuck considering he's teaming up with Vox Day of all people)
Is Gail pure?

*terms with him

To his fans who never read comics to begin with, he's overhyped.
Look down in the comments and saw people saying he's the comic equivalent of Sargon and that he's gonna make comics great again

Cameron Stewart is block-crazy and is just an ass in general, I really hope he goes down for harassment this year.

like so many artists/writers/editors have had nice interactions with me even though I use a troll account to interact with them
Slott has joked with me on occasion
but Waid just shut that shit down
I even defended his Champions against that ponyfag

He wrote a comic where an autistic transgender technomancer raped a godchild ubermencsh.

Dude's videos are just shit and he is as bad as the people he's "against", just like them he doesn't know anything about comics and is just in it for clickbait.

Best Waid work?
Worst Waid work?

He knows about comics but his whole thing is the equivalent of someone wanting a return of 90s capeshit.
Funny how no comic Youtuber to my knowledge actually talks about Perlmutter being a detriment to the company and instead focus on three letters

>instead focus on three letters
J E and W?

Cunt, I was just about to write that.

Every image and video of Waid in public makes him sort of like comic book Ned Flanders when in reality he's a nut

a washed up overemotional manchild

So Ned Flanders. youtube.com/watch?v=v5ZYse6Vqtc

>Homer would be D&C
And now it makes perfect sense

Yes, you are, Mark.

The more I think about it the more I realize Busiek's just a better Waid
Heck, they're both left wing and talk about politics a lot online and IIRC D&C even called Busiek one of the earlier SJWs in comics yet it seems he's been actively trying to avoid that shit albeit blocking a couple people on twitter as well

It's reverse Anita Sarkeesian. The monster that Sup Forums created for itself because some people thought it would be funny to troll her struggling kickstarter. They gave her enough attention to destroy her funding goals and become a big enough figure to appear on mainstream tv programs

Busiek is Waid without the anger management issues and the ability to think before he speaks/types.

Heather Antos is a bitch but I'm gonna be frank, that Milkshake shit would've never started if the people simply didn't give her an excuse to act like a victim in even the slightest way.
Is this harassment?
Nope, just some idiots overreacting to editors drinking milkshakes
Is this giving an excuse to act like she was harassed?
Look at where it got us.

He also steals shit from Sup Forums threads like certain expressed ideas or comments.

At first I didn't believe it but once he admitted to lurking here on Wednesdays and made a video cryimg about Sup Forums being mean to him.

fuck you fight me Heather is a real nice person who edits consistently great books
she said she got DMs that were actually threatening but wouldn't dox the people who did it

He knows about older comics but the fucker can't be bother to read a comic that he criticizes sometimes or takes it out of context. He picked a random issue of Priest Deathstroke which was in the middle of a story and he trashed it because he was confused and Terra's boobies weren't big enough.

But them again he did bother to read the entirety of America's run which I guess he did for the clickbaits.

Didn't she call for Richard C. Meyer's identity to be revealed and complain about white men?
Funny enough, a number of comicgate supports Vox Day and his Alt Hero shit despite how he doxxed someone's address

>I think the author of the petition's assumption that sunlight will deter the trolls is generally correct. I noticed that the number of fake reviews of my books on Amazon declined considerably after I tracked down the woman from Minnesota and posted her address on this blog.

>That's better, thanks. No, I don't think so. I think writing reviews of books you haven't read because you don't like the author is both childish and stupid. Posting home addresses is simply good reporting, as per the example recently set by the Journal News.

voxday.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-rabbit-bites-back.html

Same shit with this Logan Paul douche. All the attention only made his views go up. How many times do people have to see proof that " There's no such thing as bad publicity" is real?

Youtube put more effort into taking down videos about him than dealing with their big money maker.

I didn't know who that douche was until the Akibara dead body thing happened so you're right.

Also his followers probably don't give a shit and he won't be ruined.

Wait, dammit
I posted the wrong twitter screencap
I meant the one about men wanting to fuck her

Errr I mean Aokigahara

>his followers probably don't give a shit
They're children, they share his lack of empathy and shame.

Found it
I meant this one
If they didn't overreact to some bitch drinking milkshakes, we wouldn't be in this mess

Gonna redo this

Heather Antos is a bitch but I'm gonna be frank, that Milkshake shit would've never started if the people simply didn't give her an excuse to act like a victim in even the slightest way.
Is this harassment?
Nope, just some idiots overreacting to editors drinking milkshakes
Is this giving an excuse to act like she was harassed?
Look at where it got us.

>It's nothing to do with Mark Waid.
I’m pretty sure Waid has contributed his fair share of cancer with his “work” on Champions and Avengers. That and his social media activities.

Waid has been a shitbag on twitter just like anyone else working for Marvel. He has a thin skin and likes to throw tweets from his glass house.

And I found what I was looking for

I wish they had a podcast together with either Miller, Millar, Dini, O'Neill and Barr occasionally to mess with them

>Waid has been a shitbag on twitter just like anyone else working for Marvel
Hastings
Gurihiru
Does Loveness still Marvel stuff since Nova?
Does Ennis count considering the new Punisher?

I mean she's not wrong. " Hey give me attention for NOT being a rapist" is pretty pathetic. Like Matt Damon

Nobody overreacted to anything. The milkshake shit was entirely made up because they're attention seeking thots

A reborn Bob Haney, someone who just gives zero shits about continuity.

what about this and the doxxing controversy?
hooktube.com/watch?v=mBV0_R5fg-0

>here's a few people, you're clearly wrong

Buddy, I got a folder that could fill a thread. I stopped adding so long ago because I just stopped caring. This is not an argument you can win. In fact Marvel writers and editors being shit on twitter is common knowledge for anyone who even follows this stuff.

X-Factor was the first big wound to Claremont's X-men

So those people in the screencap were just falseflags than?
Still, unlike other editors Antos actually does her damn job.
Problem is that she's a bitch in real life

Social media, and autists using social media, was a mistake. There's a reason it's called locker room talk, because it stays in the locker room.

It was also boring as fuck and conceptually retarded.

>The milkshake shit was entirely made up
That’s what overreaction means. They created a controversy out of nothing by blowing a small online event into a series of harassment allegations.

It was an overreaction to an overreaction

Someone made a joke at her expense on twitter. That's not over reacting.

And within 6 issues none of the people who worked behind his back to fuck up his run were even working on it. He just had to deal with the mess that now thanks to some nitwit super fans Cyclops had abandoned his wife and newborn son to see his old girlfriend. Like did Bob Layton see how much of a shit heel he was turning the character into just for nostalgia?

>Marvel's failing because some female editors started drinking milkshakes together
>Not an overreaction

>Marvel failing making more money from their comics than DC
>Marvel failing making more money from their tv shows than DC
>Marvel failing making more money from their movies than DC

I think what the other anons is saying is that those morons don't deserve attention and we would all be better off if they were simply ignored. Twitter has a block feature for a reason.

Some rando is shitty to you online? Mute and move on

>Marvel failing making more money from their movies than DC
wut

>if the people simply didn't give her an excuse to act like a victim
If not then, then some other time. Perched waiting sooner or later to pounce on a suitable comment she can use to cry foul.

Funny. They mocked gamers for that, but they themselves aren't immune to their own poison.

Yeah, him screaming like a crazy person while slamming his phone repeatingly (something he apparently had a long tendency to do many times) doesn’t paint a well picture of his mental health (and that was years ago, I’d hate to see what he does now).

He's done a stream a while ago where he came off as very insecure about being a lonely old man with no family.

He yells in public a lot

>Superman wins by killing Zod. By snapping his neck. And as this moment was building, as Zod was out of control and Superman was (for the first time since the fishing boat 90 minutes ago) struggling to actually save innocent victims instead of casually catching them in mid-plummet, some crazy guy in front of us was muttering “Don’t do it…don’t do it…DON’T DO IT…” and then Superman snapped Zod’s neck and that guy stood up and said in a very loud voice, “THAT’S IT, YOU LOST ME, I’M OUT,” and his girlfriend had to literally pull him back into his seat and keep him from walking out and that crazy guy was me. That crazy guy was me, and I barely even remember doing that, I had to be told afterward that I’d done that, that’s how caught up in betrayal I felt. And after the neck-snapping, even though I stuck it out, I didn’t give a damn about the rest of the movie.

It sounded like the NOSTALGIA CRITIC as spergy as he is, was less spergy than Mark Waid.

What a fucking nutjob

>big two wars
There we go.

At the beginning his audience was smaller and content was targeting people who enjoy comic books, apart from few vids about SJWs that went semi-viral. Nowadays it's all clickbait for bottom of the barrel anti-SJW crowd, his critique devolved to usage of mocking millenial voice, making retarded sounds, calling something stupid/bland and throwing the book across the room. When you're trying to cater to retards, you become the retard.

>she said she got DMs that were actually threatening but wouldn't dox the people who did it
See, I get that some retards might get on anonymous new accounts and write some mean shit on the internet. I don't think it has any value, should be taken seriously, and get the recipient awarded with victim status, but I get that. What I don't believe though, is that someone got threatened by anonymous troll account, and wanted to protect that account from being revealed. That explanation doesn't make sense, which makes it obvious that she lies about existence of such threats. She's even too lazy to make some sock accounts and send some threats to herself.
Fuck her victimhood.
quillette.com/2017/12/27/collision-reality-depth-psychology-can-tell-us-victimhood-culture/

Wait Sup Forums made anita? What's the story here?

>because he was confused
That's a valid criticism. The current writing for trades system is cancer. You should be able to know all the needed informatio whichever issue you start at unless it's a mini or something.
>Terra's boobies weren't big enough.
That's autism though.

DC really need to add a recap page to their books. It's better than "shitty hamfisted exposition as to what happened last time" some writers do, and much better than "hope that you remembered everything otherwise get read to start flipping back fucker"

you got to give Meyer some credit for being calm

>*tap* *tap*
>"b cup city"

>the equivalent of someone wanting a return of 90s capeshit.
this. oh man, i may not be as up on comics as many of you but the 90s was probably one of the worst comics eras. People were trying to copy liefeld's art, seriously. even in my school i saw guys drawing comic book characters like he does, very unfortunate

Heather Antos is a basic bitch

I haven’t read a lot by him, but the best I think would be kingdom come (yes, art I know). As far as the worst it would be champions and I hope there isn’t anything lamer than that

it isn't helping to shoot your allies either.

So that was all her fault then ?

hit the nail on the head. I found him in the beginning as a recommendation after having to pause one of capt. cummings vids because he literally gave a smug smile about how much smarter he was than marvel writers
>"i see your liberal propaganda there marvel, im too smart to fall for that"
dropped that shit bag immediately but at the beginning as you said myers was kind of quaint. a confuse older, former comic book dude trying to understand what the hell is going on at marvel nowadays! Then his fans (many anti-sjw haters) started to influence his videos and gave him shitty catch phrases and now it's shit. Still better than capt. cummings tho

Spacetwinks? That guy is cancerous. Worst part of all is how he shittalks Marvel yet not many bother to call him out on his own bullshit since he exaggerates shit just to have something to talk about. Like the whole Cebulski fiasco, him and Kieran Sach have been on a bend about it, they're the whole reason people give a fuck and don't let it go.

And a shitty writer.

He seems mentally ill. Seaguy never because this retard has been sitting on script for what will soon be 3 years.

Anita made her initial Kickstarter to find her research on feminism in videogames. Originally it was overlooked because at that point only Sup Forums (and Sup Forums, since she used to talk about movies) cared about her videos and trashed her, so when the Kickstarter was out, they made a whole fuss about it... Which attracted widespread attention since it showed a bunch of dumb nerds gatekeeping and being overall obnoxious about videogames. In turn, a lot of people funded the campaign to the point that not only it surpassed its original goal, it went like three times the original sum, so she was basically set for life.
Of course after that Sup Forums made a conscious effort to try and make her seem like a hack because she wasn't "honoring" her timetable and because her videos lacked the quality her funding suggested etc., a total shitshow that ended up launching her own career. The rest is history.

The great news is that outside of a few thousand people, Anita and her organization have been completely irrelevant ever since she fired McIntosh, whose spin-off channel gets hundreds of thousands to millions of views. She really was just a glorified mouth piece for his opinions.

True, she still got a hefty slice of money for her move, though. I'm pretty sure that if D&C were to do something like this, the only way to counter it would be to ignore it altogether... Would they be able to learn from their original mistake? I doubt it.

>left wing

they are not.