Darth Vader #10 (Wed 10)
Forces of Destiny: Rey (Wed 10)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14790971
strawpoll.me/14790972
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-george-lucas-admitted-he-went-far-phantom-menace-screening-1070589
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kooku 4 Dooku...

...'s house

posting best ship

first for CUM

I really wish they hadn't gone the cartoon villain route with Dooku.

He'd have been a better character if he was a decent man who genuinely wanted to fix the corruption in the Republic and was being strung along but Sheev.

>mfw were never getting another villain with pajamas as based as his

Oops wrong image

I kinda like his portrayal in Legends, especially his backstory.

Two more husbandos fall.

>He'd have been a better character if he was a decent man who genuinely wanted to fix the corruption in the Republic and was being strung along but Sheev.
He seemed to have started that way, but the dark side is a hell of a drug. Dooku probably still tells himself that he's doing the right thing, just like Vader tells himself that his actions are justified because he's bringing peace and order to the galaxy.

>Heh..Nothing personal kid..

user he did everything cause of qui gon

javascript:quote('97968763');
Yes user yes

Round 12!

>The Trade Federation face the might of the Jedi when OOM-9 takes on Qui-Gon Jinn!
strawpoll.me/14790971

>Then, it's a baddies brawl as Sheev Palpatine faces Jango Fett!
strawpoll.me/14790972

>He seemed to have started that way, but the dark side is a hell of a drug. Dooku probably still tells himself that he's doing the right thing, just like Vader tells himself that his actions are justified because he's bringing peace and order to the galaxy.
Yeah, I think that's still the root of Dooku's fall and desire for power. He was frustrated with the galaxy and wanted the power to change it, but the Sith way being what it is, he eventually went from "I will gain the power to fix the galaxy" to "only I can save the galaxy from itself and only I deserve to rule it." He's always been described as a very "ends justify the means" character.

I do wish TCW treated him with a little more nuance, though.

Who are the people after this? I'm a bit worried I'll miss the next thread while I'm asleep.

Vader versus Piett and Obi-Wan versus Raddus.

How many times are they going to reference the connection between the name SOLO and the fact that he FLIES SOLO in the new movie titled SOLO?

Ah, okay.

>Vader vs Piett

It's not fair!

>"LEAVE ME ALONE WOOKIEE, I FLY SOLO." >Turns and looks dead into the camera.

Too many times.

>FLIES SOLO
but he doesnt fly solo. in fact, his ship is literally built to be flown with a co-pilot

Vader is also mixed with a great deal of self-loathing though which sort of tempers him. He hates Palpatine, he hates himself and what he's become, but he's resigned to his fate until he meets his son.

How i feel desu. There are just times when Dooku seems almost overly sinister to the point it's just silly. Similar to how Grievous is almost overly incompetent and cowardly.

Just some nuance to their characters would've been nice. Especially because Lee portrayed Dooku as a particularly classy villain.

Unless you're Rey that is.

>"I'm just trying to help you!"
>"Yeah well I don't need your help kid."
>"Now I know why you go by DISNEY'S SOLO™: A STAR WARS STORY, because you only work alone and don't let anyone get close to you."
>...
>"I'm not alone, I've got Chewie!"
>chewie roars
>Han makes Jim Face at the camera
>audiences piss themselves laughing

Based Chewie

BB-8 was her copilot.

She fucking complains on Jakku about it being hard to pilot solo user. It's hard to do, not impossible.

Why'd he get the role again? I think the fan favorite Harrisod Ford impersonator was the better fit to play Han.

IMO if Obi-Wan filled Qui-Gon's role in TPM and was the one who went to Tatooine instead of staying on the ship, and Qui-Gon survived and filled Dooku's role in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, it would've solved a lot of problems people have with the prequels and generally would've made the overall story a lot tighter and more emotional. Christopher Lee is still god-tier though.

because he's an actor rather than some guy in a youtube video. His impression may work for 5 minutes in a video or in a brief flashback in a random indie movie, but there is absolutely no way he could've carried an entire movie. I'd rather see someone play young Han Solo than someone do an impression of Harrison Ford, as good as that impression is.

Nah, fuck off. Star Wars is a kids' show.
>muh nuances muh greyness muh dilemmas
You're everything that's wrong in this world. Centrists, abstainers, fence sitters, neutral observers, and indecisive cucks should all be killed.

REBEL'S cum!

Because the impersonator is a shitty actor.

>Obi-Wan filled Qui-Gon's role in TPM and was the one who went to Tatooine
But that goes completely against the film and the prequels in general. Obi-Wan had no experience and had a major helping hand in Anakin's turn.

>Han over Hondo
How could a confirmed dead beat farther get more votes than a probable dead beat farther?

At least Hondo has class!

That sounds like it couldve been interesting and it does solve the one greatest failing of the prequels (especially the first two movies) of not know who the fuck the main character should be.

It should've been Obi-Wan as the observer to Anakin's fall into Vader just as Luke was the redeemer of Anakin from Vader in the OT.

>why didn't an impersonator get the role?
The same reason Jay Farrow sucked on SNL. Impersonations don't get you very far.

>Vader is also mixed with a great deal of self-loathing
That was only in Legends. Vader in canon is powered by pure hatred. Him killing Padme and himself in the comic shows this

>suggest something the prequels could've done differently
>"but that's not what happened"

yes I'm aware of that

Fuck nigga it's almost like he suggested a way to change the Prequels

It makes zero sense. Its like suggesting the Clone War should've been in TPM instead of AOTC

>of not know who the fuck the main character should be.
Really?
Fuck off with this shit forever.

HOURLY REMINDER THAT THIS CLASSIC FILM THAT STAR WARS IS BASED ON'S STARRING CHARACTER FAILS THE PLINKETT TEST. (Mifune).

It's still there, though. That's the entire point. He hates himself and the best way for him to deal with this is to regard Anakin as another person. Anakin was weak, Anakin failed, Anakin was the one who lost Padme. His willingness to constantly compartmentalize that and treat his past self as an entirely different person whose weaknesses he believes he no longer carries is very much a sign of self-loathing.

He'll never admit it openly like he did in Legends, though.

well, no movie is perfect
they should fix that in the special edition

No you fuck off. The prequels lack of focus makes the whole thing suffer.

>The prequels lack of focus makes the whole thing suffer.
Why are you lying?

>No you fuck off.
But my post is objectively correct. The Plinkett character test is completely arbitrary.

>STARRING CHARACTER FAILS THE PLINKETT TEST.
>Taking the hack frauds seriously
>not just enjoying them for the fun they provide

I just watched this and I spent the entire episode repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 10 minutes it was so painful.

I think they think they're real movie critics now, because everyone treats them that way.

Holy shit you're the autist of autists, you've probably never been on reddit yet some how you're still the biggest redditor on Sup Forums

It's fucking amazing.

Kudos, king of spergs.

well they are movie critics, but just because they are doesn't mean they're good

>I spent the entire episode repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.
>I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 10 minutes
This is some next level plebbit tism

Sort of.

Some of the events from AOTC should've been episode 1. This would be followed by a Clone Wars piece, where you see Anakin growing stronger, becoming more resentful of the council, and getting promoted from padawan to knight. After that you get ROTS as it is, with the end of the war and the fall of the Jedi all in one place.

All of this doesn't exactly mirror the OT's narrative structure, but it builds up Anakin's character so that his arc (his downfall and transformation) has even more impact when the shit hits the fan in ROTS. Which is, you know, the whole point of the prequels.

I'm not. I know the contrarion opinion now is to pretend the PT is perfect and if you don't like it you just don't understand but seriously it has its flaws.

I don't know the plinkett test so either explain or say something else.

As per what i pointed out, not having a single main character to focus the story on can work but it's not an easy thing to pull off and if you don't, your movie comes off as a poorly edited mess. Which is the major failing of TPM and AOTC.

>b-b but it's not
Even Lucas admitted it was.

I know this is false flagging bait, but I really really want it to be real.

Hue

>Sort of.
>Some of the events from AOTC should've been episode 1.
This is why I hate people like you. Your tone. There's such a casual "of COURSE I know how to give the people a better Star Wars prequel than what we got" thing going on.
Like you have a book with objectively correct answers somewhere.

>Centrists, abstainers, fence sitters, neutral observers, and indecisive cucks should all be killed.

Of course, because fuck logicality and understanding, only extremes exist. Fuckin retard.

>Even Lucas admitted it was.
source pls

>I don't know the plinkett test so either explain or say something else.
its a test for chaarcter depth
explain a character to a third party without bringing up
>class/job
>equipment
>plot relevance
>skills
>appearance

this is not a "you fail so your character isnt deep/entertaining" but its a simple heuristic to weed out characters who are flat and 2-dimensional and characterized more by what they hit people with than personality

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-george-lucas-admitted-he-went-far-phantom-menace-screening-1070589

>I know the contrarion opinion now is to pretend the PT is perfect
No one said this but saying everyone is a retard for not agreeing with you is asking for a flame war. you know exactly what you're doing.

>seriously it has its flaws.
All movies do. Especially Star Wars. There's a reason it's not looked at by respected critics and filmmakers as art. It's not Citizen Kane its a 12 year old space opera meant to pay homage to the most cheesiest pulp sci-fi.

Have I got just the thing for you.

Holy shit it gets better.

But i didn't call anyone a retard. I was told to fuck off and responded in kind, while explaining my opinion. Then told i was lying.

That prove your assertion though.

>not having a single main character to focus the story on
Star Wars never had a true central protagonist.

>Which is the major failing of TPM and AOTC.
This is your subjective interpretation. Not actual fact though.

>>class/job
How is this an integral part of many characters though?
Like, you can't give an accurate picture of Gandalf without talking about magic.
You could describe his personality, but that's only a part of what makes Gandalf Gandalf.

Not that user but, I've been watching some of that lately, not in order, just watching some story arcs here and there, and I can say that its alright, but I have a problem with the pacing, it just nevers slows down for me

This was quite literally the raw and unedited version of TPM, user. We already know from Lucasfilm the original TPM was much longer.

>How is this an
*how is this NOT an

It's a stupid test that doesn't work as a measure of anything but is treated by RLM followers as concrete proof that a character is bad. A lot of great characters would have a hard time passing the test.

I was EXTREMELY lukewarm on TCW for years. It's really an acquired taste. Couldn't tell you why that is though.

stop making sense

>You could describe his personality, but that's only a part of what makes Gandalf Gandalf.
because a large number of characters are defined solely by their position in the party, especially in RPGs which is what the plinkett test was designed for
so if in star wars RPG, you make a jedi, and you dont really have a personality for him beyond "jedi", then you dont have a character, you have an RTS unit

I guess that came across as very pretentious, but that's just my very own and completely subjective dream prequel trilogy. I'm just going by what I would've liked it to be.

It's not how it is, and I acknowledge that, but a nan can dream.

Goodnight guys, I hope you dream of your waifu/husbando, whether she has a dick or not

>especially in RPGs which is what the plinkett test was designed for
uh

>Star Wars never had a true central protagonist.
What in the wide wide world of sports did he mean by this?

i fucking hate Sup Forums refugees

Why did TFU have 7 different versions god damn.

I never understood his character test. I saw it once and got it.

Qui-Gon is the rogue cop who follows his gut but it gets him into all sorts of trouble. Obi-Wan is a wet behind the ears by-the-book cop. His failing with Anakin shows why he turned out the way he did in ANH. Padme is strong, brave and is generally a good queen but lacking experience. Anakin was a good natured kid who was a dreamer just like his father.

Lucas literally said she was a central protagonist as well. Han Solo turned into one because they werent sure he would be back for another film.

I would've loved to see this with Mark.

>someone thinks this is actually funny and hilarious
very cool

I don't really care what Lucas says, Luke is the central protagonist, and anyone who argues this is retarded.

>Lucas agrees with me, SEE? IT'S FACT!
>Lucas doesn't agree with me, well who gives a shit what he says

>Luke is the central protagonist
whether naive farmboy, whiny teen, noble jedi, or cranky unvle
luke will always be the legend who saved the galaxy

We see Leia 17 minutes before we ever see Luke.
Isn't that part of Plinkett's memeage as to why Anakin can't be the protagonist?
Luke's 17 to Anakin's 30.

this

theres no single protagonist of ALL the movies. luke is only the protagonist for 3 of them

I don't even know how the brady bunch theme goes protip: nobody does but this things reads like a pain.

>Luke
>Person who is only in 3 movies
>Not the person who is in six movies, has his legacy be the theme of the sequels, was in 7 seasons of TV shows and has multiple comic lines dedicated to him

What does her poop taste and smell like? Do Togrutans get hemorrhoids?