How would the DC universe handle a Demon invasion ala Devilman?

How would the DC universe handle a Demon invasion ala Devilman?

I guess it would actually give JLD something to do, but the casualties would be through the roof before they finally managed to win.

better than marvel that's for sure

The demons would be utterly crushed by the DC superheroes, there are so many power houses that could kill thousands of demons without breaking a sweat. Satan her/himself however, probably couldn't be beat by anyone. So really, it's hard to come to a final victory.

wouldn't the outcome be meaningless anyway because God will reset the world to continue satan's punishment.

But what if demons posses super heroes/villains?

Well it depends. In DC there's a shitload of omnipotent beings who could stop the Devilman "god" from doing that. But then, if we assume that the superheroes win, that leaves Satan just sort of there. And there's also Lucifer in DC universe so how does that play out?

I don't think there's hardly and heroes OR villains in DC that would make themselves susceptible to demonic possession. If you mean possess them just to kill them, then that could be a real problem, although again DC has a shitload of powerful magic users who could stop this from happening.

Same as any invasion?

>Lucifer
would he even care?

Honestly, I feel like DC and Marvel would handle the invasion pretty easily. You'd need a universe with less magic and cosmic bullshit for it to work, like Invincible.

Lucifer and Satan get together and bitch about dad?

I wonder if they tried to tie shin mazinger zero's resets with devilman's? not sure how many times devilman's has reset but SHZ has reset over 2k times already.

DC has successfully beat back the Heavenly Hosts and went into hell and back at least once already.

Marvel, on the other hand, would basically suffer another Marvel Zombie event.

I do think Marvel would be significantly more fucked. DC generally assumes the best of people, whereas Marvel assumes the worst. That sort of dichotomy lends itself to Marvel being brought far closer to the apocalypse.

Keep in mind the demons never really directly try to "invade" as a traditional army would, they just sort of infiltrate society and cause panic while allowing paranoia to do the rest.
One of the few times the demons started directly possessing people en masse in broad daylight was literally just to kill themselves and the people they were possessing so as to fuck with all humanity and spread terror- nobody actually realized just how demon possession works, so nobody could really figure out where demons were coming from, and this tied in to how people started killing each other later.

Can't Strange just bargain with them?

Well in DC there was that one time Lucifer pretty much kicked everyone out of hell, demons included, and closed the gates because he quit. Only thing that happened was that the dead came back to life, wandered the Earth for a bit and the demons tried to barter with Morpheus (along with everyone else who wanted that now prime real estate) who was given the key of hell by Lucifer (because he wanted to troll him).

Every time Strange "bargains" with something, the situation only grows exponentially worse. He'd probably make it so that the Demons just decided to tear Earth s new asshole with their possessed bodies, and they might even spread to other worlds.

You know, I can't help but feel everyone's missing the point here.

God isn't exactly punishing Satan. He keeps giving Satan a chance to redeem himself, because all Satan really needs to say is "I'm sorry, God. I was wrong." But instead, Satan keeps destroying humanity again and again, and killing the man he loves (who exemplifies humanity) when they come to blows.

Basically Satan just can't see the forest for the trees. Not to mention that the demons are universally awful sadists, it's not like they're misunderstood or anything. Hell, they destroy the souls of those they possess.

There are plenty of demon strong guys in DC and Marvel. Only thing that would be bad is the body count since demons are sneaky.

In Mao Dante demons were actually humanlike before god showed up and fucked all their shit. They eventually had to become monsters to survive, much like how humanity became monsters to deal with demons. All modern humans also have a piece of god in them which is why demons hate the fuck out of them and won't rest until they're dead.

From what I gather, invasions from within the universe don't concern Strange. Devilman demons are creatures that were born and evolved on Earth, like the Molemen, the Mutants and the undersea fish people, so Strange getting involved with the issue would be... strange.

>like Invincible.

Invincible has working governments that have working plans for such extreme cases and they have time and again shown that they're perfectly capable of organizing massive efforts in a very short time.

Even if they don't have that much throwing weight, they can actually decisively bring it to bear to squash a problem.

Marvel/DC generally... can't. They're usually fractured, paralyzed by infighting, infiltration and a lack of intel.

Invincible also has much lower powerlevels aside from viltrumites.

Well I mean if we're talking about Invincible after Robot has taken over the world, then the demons stand absolutely no chance. The one thing that demons can't do jack shit about: Robots.

would it be a stretch if God knows Amon would never get it on with Satan?

humanity is just caught in all the craziness.

Miki is _____

dead.

>can choose between the perfect physical form created by God himself
>some tomboy

Akira is stupid. The futa penis is a bonus!

They will manage

Marvel already did it. It was the X-Men "Inferno" crossover from the 80's and it was pretty cool.

The Daredevil tie-in issues where great.

Probably, because - even in-universe - it's not possible to beat God. God's omnipotent! At the end of Devilman Lady, Satan and Akira fight Michael, and he (offscreen) squashes them like bugs. We know this, because the cycle begins again immediately afterward!

Dr. Fate and Jason Blood team up to cast a global detection spell. Checkmate demons.

>Couldn't be beat by anyone

Dr. Fate+Jakeem+Alan wreck the tranny angel.

It's not like they haven't dealt with that before.

Superman's been possessed by Deadman, Eclipso, a lot of others. Possession isn't something the magic heroes aren't familiar with or don't know how to handle.

This. Superman goes on TV and tells people to chill while his magic homies check people for demons people will listen.

Cap tries that people in Marvel will still chimp out.

>Nobody actually realized just how demon possession works

This is why Marvel/DC has a leg up compared to other universe. They're quite used to demonic possession.

Jakeem and Alan wouldn't be able to even touch Satan, s/he'd kill them easily. Dr. Fate, if anyone, has a chance against him/her, but I still wouldn't give him a leg up. Probably a 50/50 between who wins. Physical-only superheroes like Superman would be killed instantly so I'm not even factoring them in.

>Killing Alan "literally made out of chaos magic fire" Scott
>Jakeem's Thunderbolt not being able to touch Satan when half of itBTFO Spectre

Satan gets BTFO.

speaking of lady, how would carol danvers and jun fudo (manga version) interact with their WTF pregnancies/baby daddies.

I think Jun would think Carol was a fucking weirdo and avoid her completely.

Considering the large number of magic users, robots, gods, time travelers, DC’s own demons and angels, and aliens, the ones from Devilman would get fucked. Even Satan wouldn’t really do well considering guys like Trigon, Neron, Nightmare, Darkseid and many others in DC can do what he can if not better. Constantine on his own could probably con the shit out of them.

anime jun should stay far away from carol.

you don't want to be known as the lady who loses via lesbian sex again...

Superman and friends.

Batman and friends.

Batman, The Question, Martian Manhunter, Detective Chimp, etc. all realize something is up and pool their findings together. This would be cool actually, especially if they all come to the same conclusion using different pieces of evidence in different parts of the world.

It wouldn’t even go that far. Zatana, Constantine, Dr. Fate, Etrigan, Rac Shade or any major magic user in the universe could probably deal with it on their own.

Can Devilman be considered a Christian anime/manga?

>tfw no fun detective story
Just put them all on vacation or something! Stick 'em in the Astral Plane or whatever.

me on the right

Not really since neither God or demons even superficially resemble their Christian counterparts.

Constantine would deal with it just fine aside from a few dead friends

Speaking of Demons from anime/manga, how would Blue Exorcist Demons fare in DC?

I'm only going by Devilman: Crybaby here, but Satan says he rebelled against God and the name 'Satan' is Judeo-Christian.

The Sabbath party and demons being hyper-sexual fits into Christian ethics pretty nicely too. Warning against the path of hedonism.

Yes but demons weren't made by God, not even man was, they appeared on their own. God also isn't omnipotent since Satan rebelled and won, he's just a powerful alien. They have nothing to do with Christianity, neither demons nor God.

the ZERO resets are a different beast altogether.

As of Devilman vs Hades(Emperor of Darkness), Devilman is set in a different continuity and should be uneffected by ZERO resets

Could the demons take over any of the heros?

Demons can only possess humans who are in a primal, instinctual state like fear, lust, or rage. The state must be so extreme that all logic is pushed out by instinct. Heroes do not enter these states at all generally, and neither do most villains. Only someone psychotically obsessed with violence/murder would be susceptible to possession. Maybe Joker.

I fine it funny how Sup Forums say the demons would get blown out, yet they all hype up Barbatos, and he is not even the strongest of the 72. So which is it, this is not a two way street?

The only hero I could see even being remotely capable of ending up possessed by Devilman Demons would be Orion, and that would require him to be without his Mother Box for a certain amount of time. And even then, he's a New God, something that Devilman Demons can't even compare to whatsoever, so he might just end up devouring them instead.

>Lucifer is a smarmy asshole who keeps telling Satan to just fuck Akira already
FUND IT!

the demon invasion in Devilman was basically Secret Invasion done correctly- except in Marvel demons would be taken for Mutants and hunted accordingly.

> kills the mutants!
> I'm not a mutant, I'm a demon
> our bad, go ahead then.

>Underworld Unleashed
>Bloodlines
>Blackest Night

I mean, I think they'll be fine.

Depends, how common are Devilmen?

undeserving of all the horrid shit that happens to her

I wonder if they could try that suicide attempted fusion they did in the manga to fuck with humans

Bloodlines

That's pretty much the only real danger. I mean you could seemingly take out the entire justice league immediately if it works.

lucifer and satan realizing God is so disappointed with his children that he became his own kid (Jesus) and gave himself a "world's best dad" mug for father's day.

>Maybe Joker.
He'd probably become a devilman in the process, which is goddamn horrifying

Why just Joker, surely there will be others in the DCU?

That's the other problem for demons is that even people that they could actually possess have really strong personalities so they'd just be subsumed in the process.

>Lucifer meets Akira and the two get on like a housefire
>Satan gets super jealous
spicy

what if the joker becomes the joker undead?

I mean there'd probably be others but most of them would probably hide away from humanity in fear of persecution.
Joke would be out there having the time of his life with his new demon powers

I see. Other than DC pushing Batman, do you think any of the heroes would become a Devilman?

No. I really think that from a justice league perspective, only bats has that sort of potential.

can etrigan become a double devilman?

The problem of a demon invasion is that by the time they noticed, they already lost.
A human taken over has their soul devoured. There's no way back from that, not without some INSANE cosmic bullshit that would go too far in breaking the rules of the original story.

Superheroes won't be taken over, perhaps. But they'd be fighting and struggling to keep a pocket of content human beings. Hell, just put them in a happy bottle. That'd be the only real way.

That sound very SMT/Megaten like. I like it, I wish this was a thing.

Not really.
Maybe Jason Todd would, but he's more of an anti-hero

I'm not sure about that.
if the Heroes and those who kept their humanity after being possessed teamed up they could probably push the Demon's collective shit in save Satan himself.

>can etrigan become a double devilman?
I don't think so?
that'd probably open up a big old can of worms.

Also, AKIRA IS NOT FOR HOMO!

>Jason-Devilman vs Joker-Devilman
How much of Gotham would they destroy when Jason tries to put an end to the Joker's reign of demonic terror?

none because Jason would get a shitty weak demon.

fuck you he would!