Whomp!

>Never Say Cry
>January 8, 2018
whompcomic.com/comic/never-say-cry
>Have you ever felt disingenuous about a good cry? Let's say you're watching an especially emotional episode of Dragon Ball Super (and I think we all know which one I'm talking about) and a torrent of tears floods down your cheeks. You wonder, "Do I need to cry, or do I just WANT to cry?" This example may be flawed, because of course you NEEDED to cry during that episode, but you get what I mean.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AvTNMBnjquQ?t=38s
youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Earlier thread:

So wait, does he point on "Internet argument" or "thunderstorm"?

obv. thunderstorm
shits scary

>New anime season
>spoopy thunderstorm on youtube

Perfectly valid reasons.

>new anime season
>the only one of the new shows I'm watching are the lesbian stepsisters and the literal meme show

What a shit season.

>an especially emotional episode of Dragon Ball Super (and I think we all know which one I'm talking about)
This one? Can't remember many other emotional moments in Super, the tone is usually too laidback for that.

Clearly he meant the one where Roshi almost died.

>Watching Dragonball Super

That's fucking disgusting, Ronnie.
The franchise ended with Cell. Buu, GT, BOG, RF, and Super are all dogshit.

I thought he meant the one where universes 6 and 2 got erased.

Or maybe he hasn't even watched Super and just assumed there'd be something vaguely sad at some point.

Super is dogshit, why are you watching it?

Its not even entertaining dogshit, its just a blatant milking of the undead cashcow. which is the whole reason the brought future trunks back for that terrible arc.

Roshi is a cunt. The old pervert man cliche is just too tired by this point.

That was the first one to come to my mind as well,, but then I remembered Trunks apologizing and thought it was most likely that (as usually American DB fans care more about the Z characters).

Is Aggie a pure waifu?

I've never found thunderstorms scary.

Its like a lightshow outside your house.

When I was little we stood out on the balcony of our flats to watch it.

Is best when its raining too and you are inside so you feel all snug.

I'm going to be super honest, Sup Forums. For some reason the Super version of Beerus slapping Bulma gets me a little. It was like the only time Vegeta ever gave in to his childhood traumas or accepted that an opponent was simply unstoppable for him, and he overcomes it because of Bulma.

Why are you sad about throwaway universes?
Anyway as long as Zeno and his underlings exist there is no hope for the multiverse, the only 'good' ending to the series is the twin Zenos getting destroyed. The little bastards are more petty, evil & destructive than Freiza, Cell & Buu combined.

Instead of bringing in such a pointless multiverse and new gods they should have spent time developing the setting of the galaxy/afterlife the cast already lived in.

Bulma & Vegeta are a terrible couple, simply thrown together during a timeskip because the creator wanted another (half)saiyan in the cast.

Bulma could probably have ended up with a better relationship, but she was a perfect relationship for Vegeta.

Chi Chi, however is dysfunctional enough that I think she ended up exactly on her own level.

youtu.be/AvTNMBnjquQ?t=38s

Chichi was fine before she got married, but Toriyama is trash when it comes to characters or writing in general so he made her into a one-note shrewish wife stereotype after that.

The way the relationship came about was shit and done on a whim, I agree. I risk to say if Lunch hadn't been written out by that point, chances are she would get with Vegeta instead. Any avaliable womb would do.

But over time it received enough developement and attention (especially for Dragon Ball standards, they almost never delve too much into the character's romantic feelings) they become a pretty good couple.

>one note shrewish wife stereotype.
Read the manga, or at least don't watch the dub. Toei amped up Chichi's shrewdness a lot in anime filler, and Funi doubled down on that.
Chichi's still obsessing over her children's education but she is anywhere as insane as the Z anime and the movies make her to be.

Jaco is such a scumbag.

He'd rather genocide an entire planet of innocent people with a WMD than fight a single saiyan baby.

The entire organisation he's from is worthless.

>Lunch
Who's that?

You can't blame all of Akira Toriyama's terrible writing on the anime.

You know, the movie had the potential for some great moments for Vegeta. But he's just a supporting character now, just... there.

Like, he could have been the one to end Frieza, or had a bigger part to play. "Hey it's the guy who tormented me my whole life and destroyed the planet I was born to rule" Goku: oo, dibs.

It was poor timing of story arcs, imo. Frieza should have been busy ruling the rest of the galaxy or something and had Buu happen first, Goku surpasses Vegeta as had to happen THEN Freiza shows up and Vegeta gets his Majin Buu moment vs Freiza instead.

Left to her own devices in that world Chi Chi was on her way to becoming a Yamcha. That's a fate worse than death. Even at her worst as the woman who lives in Goku's house she gets some okay moments, though. Chichi interacting with Videl was amusing.

Fuck all saiyans and their god bullshit.

If anything introducing God Ki bullshit would have been the instigator for squishing power level buildup and bringing the old cast on a rough equality with the saiyans by having them all 'transcend' like that.
But no it turns out its just another saiyan only powerup that is simply given to them.

Tien gets it worst since he has no life and basically all he does is live in the wilderness with his albino eromenos and constantly train to a Vegeta-tier of dedication.
At least Krillin has a family and Yamcha has money from using his magical kungfu powers to be a champion athlete while fuckin all the hoes on the side.

Agree. Should stop calling it Dragonball as of a few arcs back and just call it Saiyanball Sayain Sayains.

Must've saw the thunderstorm on popteamepic

I still am upset how much of a "fuck you" they toss at Tien. The fucking guy used to be consistently one of the only guys even able to put a dent on the constant new forms or villains, and is literally defined by how hard he trains. But they decided he sucks now just because.

>Actually beat Goku their first match
>Was instrumental in taking down King Piccolo
>Was given the title of "New Master" by Master Roshi, and was chosen over Goku AND Krillen to run Kame House when he retires.
>Almost beat Goku in their second match, and was acknowledged by Piccolo Junior to be a potential threat
>Held down Semi Perfect Cell when the name of the game was "Only Saiyans are strong now."
>Was surprisingly helpful against Buu
>Was able to match Trunks until Trunks went SSJ

>Hurr Tien's so lame right guys

argument during which he saw a thunderstond video

the new thunder koro ni kai; ligthning musumi season is looking pretty good btw

>found mcnuggets coupon
>mcnugget recipe changed again
Truly the worst conundrum.

I want an arc where everyone gets their shit kicked in (okay, business as usual so far), the dragonballs are gathered (still business as usual), everyone's down, there's no obvious wish that will solve it and as one of the last ones still capable of talking Android 18 wishes for Krillin to gain self-healing and retroactive zenkai. Montage of DB abridged Krillin Owned Count proceeds as his body lifts off the ground and starts glowing. Goku just sits the fuck down looks at the villain and is like, "You are SO fucked."

What really fucks it all up is that Roshi is in the fucking tournament in Super, not Tien.

Sure, Tien had a pretty cool moment during the Cell saga, but man. The cast is really just Goku and all the people he needs to save all the time.

>destructo disk
did americans regionalize the names of the attacks? what the fuck

Yeah.
As the guy that brought it up in the first place have to say I'm not an intense fan of Tien specifically as I am the Earthling Z-fighters as a whole (games like the SNES Legend of the Super Saiyan RPG where you can keep Yamcha, Tien, Chaozu & Krilling alive vs the saiyans and use them as your party alongside Gohan on Namek are great).

Its just most obvious when you look at Tien of how much they are shit on compared to the saiyans.
Hell even Piccolo has the same problem despite being an alien since he also continues to lose all respect the further along the series goes, when he runs out of other namekians to absorb and doesn't have any hair to change colour so as to give him more power.

It doesn't help that the saiyan fighters tend to be so boring in combat, they don't really have anything cool when it comes to fighting techniques instead just firing a more STRONK energy beam/ball.

Also that "Tien vs Trunks" bit was in a movie, which is unreliable.

Fuck. It would have been a great twist to have Tien in the tournament and figure out "Ultra Instinct" and be fucking relevant, and not just "The Goku Show".

Going to admit, I'm looking forward to Vegeta realizing he's not a defensive fighter and learning the attack half of Ultra Instinct.

Why have children try to pronounce foreign words

Don't be talking shit about the destructo disc.

Why have children watch extremely violent foreign cartoons?

It sucked in that movie how as soon as the space threat of the movie showed up Krillin, Tien and Yamcha all get wiped out in literally seconds.
They might as well have not even tried.

It was even worse in the Tree of Might movie, where all the Z-Fighters show up but aren't even allowed to win a fight against any of the villain's henchmen.
Instead they lose and Goku beats all of the Henchmen by himself in no time at all so he can focus on his (not literal) evil twin for the rest of the movie.

At least someone like Rock Lee is allowed to win fights he has in anime movies and filler.

>This thread immediately becomes a Dragon Ball thread

Ronnie's influence is mighty indeed.

Special Beam Cannon?

Why have children watch any cartoon or watch TV at all

Either Ronnie's full of shit, or he has a Sup Forums opinion on what "high quality" is.

Better than talking about it on Sup Forums, where they actually defend that shit as they discuss the latest episodes.

you can always amerikanize them and make it safe for fa...I mean children
youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI

Seeing the date on this made me realize I've been following whomp for nearly six years now even though I keep thinking I discovered it a few months ago.

Sure, if by "as of a few arcs back" you mean "since the early 90s".

I also have to admit I stopped trying to watch Dragon Ball Super. It's all setup and no payoff.

They literally have a multiversal space fighting tournament and they've made it BORING. It's 95% filler and it just teases what you want to see, and never delivers.

Honestly the manga is (no surprise) much better. The plot for the "Goku Black" nonsense was a lot better handled (at least no spirit sword nonsense where Trunks is able to keep up for some reason)

The funny thing is there actually was a black gang member in Akira.

He starts off as an antagonist from a different gang but nearer the end at a point after the Apocalypse hits he ends up joining up with Kaneda and his friends.
Only has a small cameo in the animated movie.

Why didn't Ronnie buy one of these? Not only would it fit him but it may even count as a Hawaiian shirt so he could still wear it as an adult.

Basically once Super Saiyan hit the stage, it was over completely. Right before that, Piccolo was being a badass and that was great, but then, y'know. Transformations.

Do you not Transform? You're weak, end of discussion. Cell, Buu, Frieza, they all had transformations, which is an okay way to escalate the threat through the story, but c'mon.

What do you want to bet that Jiren transforms? Fuck's sake.

Ultra Instinct is dumb shit, literally just another cheap shonen powerup to build the cheapest of shallow hype.

Who still enjoys watching Goku and Vegeta get new powerup bullshit by this point?

Comic Ronnie already has a way of getting around the fat magic, he wears a Hawaiian shirt under whatever else he's wearing

Fucking hell, Super has introduced three new powerups in like, what, 50 episodes? Rainbow God Mode incoming.

No

I mean, that's what the show IS. I kind of agree with you, but if you're going to watch at all, that's pretty much what we're watching. The dynamic between Goku and Vegeta is about all that's left, and I'm kind of interested to see it actually 'split' in different directions, even if only vaguely. Knowing my luck, though, it's just going to be the exact same bullshit despite Vegeta's completely different temperament and they wont even address it directly like that, despite the build up of Vegeta failing to learn Ultra Instinct by dodging.

>despite the build up of Vegeta failing to learn Ultra Instinct by dodging.
*and Goku not being able to use his full strength in attacking in Ultra Instinct because he still 'thinks' too much about how/where to attack.

He's stopped being a perv for the UT, though. Seems like the writers are as sick of that cliche as everyone else.

I think Ultra Instinct has some potential if we see other characters using it. Like other Gods of Destruction and some future villain. Not to mention if the series goes in the direction of the Angels becoming enemies (which I doubt) they're all supposed to have perfect mastery of it.

If it remains just Goku's hot new powerup of the week and is then forgotten/sparcely used like the Kaioken or Super Saiyan God then I agree it's bad, but if it becomes accessible to more characters and integrated into their skill sets I don't mind it all that much.

>Kaioken
Its such bullshit that no one else ever got to use Kaioken, despite the humans training under King Kai.

It would have been right up Tien's street in being a technique that gives you great power but fucks you up to use it.
Its at least interesting in some of the games where him and Yamcha have access to it.

I disagree. While the tournament of power did drag a lot I don't think it lacked payoff, it gave most of what I wanted to see from the characters involved.
Well except for Gohan and Tien but I don't expect anything of the former and while I'm salty about the latter, Master Roshi getting a great episode balanced it out for me.

Watching Roshi get payoffs while Tien gets shat on is worse actually.
Tien and even Yamcha were willing to stand up and face Cyborg Freiza invading or the androids appearing or take part in the Cell Games while Roshi just stayed at home jerking off while the Earth hung in the balance.
But then Super rolls around and suddenly he's supposed to be worth the time of day? Why now and not then.

Its just cheap pandering and clashes in regards to the inconsistency with their treatment of the other human fighters.

What's worse.

Being an old perv.

Or being a young perv who is also a total white knight.

The latter, no doubt. At least the old perv has the excuse that he's near to death and is clear on what he likes.
The young perv who wants to look like a nice guy is despicable.

Americans arent the only ones

VUELA, PEGA Y ESQUIVA

>It's a "crying anime wiever shills having genetics that make it obvious for oter people to see when you have cried" episode

Also Agrias has a list for reasons why Ronnie would cry. When's the wedding ?

that was 3 years ago, he might not have found one that was high enough quality for what he wanted

I'm amazed americans didn't call it big blue electric wave canon HIYA!

Why wouldn't you translate a Japanese word if you are translating from Japanese to English?

I'd like that too, though I think that Krillin's awesome for getting as far as he has without all that, too.

>DB abridged
plz go

Because either you translate all of them or none of them. Not "some".

There's a school of thought in translation that dictates that proper nouns must never be translated. There are various arguments to support this idea, such as communicating authorial intent and avoiding copyright mishap, and various arguments for why it shouldn't be an ironclad rule, usually involving cases where proper nouns communicate meanings that don't carry over into another language. Generally anime enthusiast communities fall well in favor of this school of thought, more dogmatically than many other communities.

>Ronnie gets scared of thunderstorms

What a qt

Yeah, that's the catch-22. I like that 18 admires him for his persistence and heart, but at the same time I really wish he could get a clear and unambiguous win instead of doing something and her being like "aww, that's adorable". Maybe something temporary like a Sayain version of Marvel's cosmic bug. Like one day where Krillin gets to play on a level playing field and everyone has to say "Oh, shit. He is not ever going to give up. You'd best just start running Villain X."

I know man, but what can you do? The guy who wrote the manga has basically forgotten him in favour of Krillin, and the Japs don't like him like we do.

... what the fuck does this sentence mean in the context of this conversation?

>気円斬 Kienzan, lit. "Energy Circle Slash"
>cases where proper nouns communicate meanings that don't carry over into another language

Sounds like it's a fucking destructo disc to me. These are probably the same shitheads who leave keikaku untranslated.

why is pizza called pizza and not tomato bread with cheese?

>What really fucks it all up is that Roshi is in the fucking tournament in Super, not Tien.
But that's wrong. Roshi, Krillin and Tien are the human reps for U7

What do they call a royale with cheese in Italy?

I bet you're dumb enough to think you actually made a good argument just now.

I'm going to make it a point to bring up the Destructo Disc at every opportunity from now on just to piss off retards who think words shouldn't be translated.

I came into a Ronnie thread expecting some comfy discussion on trivial shit. Instead, I got a fucking Sup Forums thread.

>Japanese word means destructo disk
>it shouldn't be translated into English because... ???

gelato potato

imagine being this mad

>New anime season
Ronnie knows what's up

I think there have been some good episodes in the tournament so far, but largely...yeah. You can see everything coming from a mile away, and all those fodder universes....oy.

Its kind of ridiculous how there is supposedly not a single non-Earth fighter (apart from Freiza) that is stronger and more talented than these three bald chucklefucks.

How out of the entire universe the team is almost entirely made up of Earthlings.
Just shows how little they care about the setting (also the fact they are retreading a "multiverse tournament" storyline after just having one a little while ago, and basically ripping off a DBZ webcomic at the same time).

Ahaha if only he really did Ippo wouldn't be so fucked right now.

>americans in charge of translating or knowing anything about anime