How the fuck is Spiderman more relatable than other superheroes?

How the fuck is Spiderman more relatable than other superheroes?
>handsome
>super genius
>dozens of super hot girlfriends
>super powers

He's pretty much a giant power fantasy

You don't know what a power fantasy is Namorfag.

>beat the crap out of everyone
> insult and humiliate his enemies
Being a power fantasy is literally part of his character, read his comics sometimes casual
>namorfag
Who?

Because it tends to come craahing down.
The fuck does namorfag have to do with this?

>Who
Some user who likes to rant about how nuch he hates namor.
I think is just retarded.

Because he's middle class. I agree though user. I always found Stark more reletable. Not the biggest brain, no super-powers, no ultra hot super-grilfriends, not even that rich during the first few years.

he's poor

>The fuck does namorfag have to do with this?
He's been spamming threads about the relatibility of Marvel superheroes.

Except that Marvel characters relatability was always one of the top topics on comics discussion for over 50 years newfag.

Because he still acts like a regular guy with down to earth inspirations and morals any reasonable person should wanna follow.

I mean who of the 4 do you find the most relatable.
A) the half vampire man who spends his entire life killing vampires and trying to resist the bloodsucker cravings inside him
B) the hotshot pilot who got a hit Hy cosmic radiation on a space flight and is now a member of a superhero team run by his sister's boyfriend (who is the smartest man on earth)
C) a super powerful being from Titan creates a powerhouse man for the sole purpose of killing a mad genius child of the Titan being
D) a regular kid who gains superpowers and after a tragedy of losing his father figure goes on a crusade of using his powers responsibly to make the world a little bit better

Pretend that you're not blatantly shitposting all you like but you should really hold off between threads so people don't pick up on it as easily. Or don't use the same tired arguments and obvious autistic attitude.

Yeah for their HEROES.
Namor isn't a hero.

He doesn't, that's just what Marvel's propaganda wants to tell you, if he was relatable, they wouldn't go out of their way to cancel his marriage with Mary Jane, and continuously try to make him look like a faggot.

>If he was relatable, they wouldn't go out of their way to cancel his marriage with Mary Jane, and continuously try to make him look like a faggot.
Explain your logic here

Instead of getting a job and his own family Peter keep getting crazy adventures like turning into billionaire and dating a new hot girl every month

Hawkeye is the most relatable.

I never really liked him. His villains are the coolest parts of his mythos.

You know why he trash talks right? Not just to throw his enemies off but to also gain confidence through the fight.

Because despite all that he's a tremendous loser. Everybody at some point in their lives feels like the whole world is out to get them despite how hard they try. That's the core fantasy of spider-man.

He's not empowered to do things because he wants to, or because he's dedicated to a higher set of ideals, he's empowered to do so because he fears the guilt he would feel if he did not.

Feeling that one HAS to be a good person, but wishing they didn't have to be, becoming forced by one's sense of transgression into an eternal display of remorse, is a highly relatable situation.

I feel guilty of all the things I didn't do all the time. I sure others feel the same.

Man, those marvel writers really rewrote him into their own personal self masturbatory fantasy.

what's with all the "blahblah relateable" threads lately

Because he's a nerd and that's it. Modern day NEETS think that they have something in common with a sociable, proactive guy like Peter.

Most superheroes are barely relateable and it's a shit way of describing a character or judging their enjoyability.

So that'd explain mordern day.
What about the other decades? Since this is a character who's been around for 50+ years.

You're supposed to relate to perter parker/Toby mcguire not spiderman.

>How the fuck is Spiderman more relatable than other superheroes?
He's a kid, and even when he isn't technically a kid, he is the representation of one
>handsome
All comic book characters are, most of them are drawn the exact same way, only anime is worse in that regard because both sexes are drawn the same way as well. And if there is any difference between Spider-Man and other heroes in this regard, he looks more like a kid, he never has a giant square jaw and despite being muscular usually comes off as scrawny regardless
>super genius
He's the underdog, he's smarter than people think he is, which is how all nerds feel regardless of it being true
>dozens of super hot girlfriends
People want the character they relate with to get laid. I don't, I like miserable Parker, but I understand why some do
>super powers
Yeah.....it's a super hero comic

>power fantasy
That's what comic books are you fucking autistic.

Let's also compare a little bit to the other mascot level super heroes...Batman was born into wealth, this alone is going to breed a disconnect with most people who have never and will never know what it's like to be rich, while Spider-Man (usually) is a middle class average Joe. On the other hand you have Superman, who has more humble origins as well, but unlike Spider-Man is never really portrayed as a fuck up, loser, or a douchebag like Parker is, Clark is the ideal "all American" man who was corn fed in the heartland and can do no wrong, something nerds can't relate to either.

>parker luck

Yeah, but sometimes he runs out of web fluid and then he's like "How do I shot web?" That's the sort of day to day strife we can all relate to!

It's from his origins and early years, and why they keep returning Spider-Man back to that point.

Spidey's origins is that he's an two scoops extra smart genius kid who has the worst luck. His parents died while out of the country when he was young, and he's being raised by his elderly no-kids Aunt May and Uncle Ben. They are very conservative and living on a small fixed income, so Pete grows up poor, always dreaming of being middle class to rich adventurer. Heck, he'd like to be able to just buy more books than always having to borrow them from the library. He cannot afford to buy himself any music, not that his aunt and uncle would let him.

If he wasn't so poor, he'd have been spotted for being the smartest man under 30 by many special powers.

Pete has some particularly bad luck. Just as he's about to finally ask a girl out, while they are on a field trip, he gets bitten by a spider, and has to miss the rest of the field trip.

That night, he gets sick as hell. But his family is TOO DAMN POOR to send him to the hospital about a bad reaction to an unknown spider bite.

Catching the trend?

He discovers a few days later that he is getting strong and fast and psychic (spidey sense). He used to get bullied every day. Stuffed in lockers, given swirlies, all the jock-nerd stuff. But he strong now! He starts paying them back.

Then he sees a flyer for TV freak show acts paying $$$$ which he needs to take girls on dates. So he makes the spidey costume, mixes up a few house hold chemicals to make his spidey web, and does the show. He places like #2.

While leaving the show, a crook carrying a big sack with $ on it (go look at the original!) runs by him while a cop tells spidey "STOP THAT CROOK!"

Spidey lets him go. Cop asks "What gives?"

"Not my problem."

Then he finds out the crook CAR JACKED his uncle ben, took him hostage, and killed him in his panic.

Suddenly, OH SHIT! IT WAS MY PROBLEM!

(cont)
He stalks the streets trailing the cops to find the bastard. He intends to literally cruify the bastard, or maybe just tear him literally limb from limb, if he can't find the patience to crucift the guy. After all, Uncle Ben was Daddy #2 and he had the chance to do something so Daddy #2 wouldn't have died.

Spidey finds out where the crook is from a police radio, gets to the place while the cops are just keeping it surrounded, and storms in. he beats the hell out of the guy, terrifies the guy, but just as he's about to kill the guy, he suddenly remembers "Hey! I'm Christian! I can't kill this guy. Besides, this is a kid's comic."

So he drags the bastard out and delivers him to the cops. Then Petey starts regularly patrolling the streets, trying to keep everyone else's Uncle Ben from ending up dead by criminals.

Peter has constant bad luck. This is called "Parker Luck". It was done so Peter's life was ALWAYS worse than the readers. Check the interviews with the early guys.

As a guy with the perfect power set to be just one more Marvel 2nd story burglar. But instead, he's trying to do what he can to save others. He macks on the girls and constantly gets shot down. If he manages to get a date, he has to cancel early cause he sees some villains robbing the bank across the street from the resteraunt. When he wins a weekend for two in Jersey's finest, its a trap to frame Aunt May as a Russian Spy and he's got to hitch a ride to the USSR, break into the Kremlin, get their old payroll information, steal a USSR fighter jet, and sneak back into the US all in 5 days or she'll go to death row.

That's Parker Luck. 1 step forward, 3 steps back. Every single time.

He was kept poor. He screwed up. A lot. When he'd get ahead, something would happen and it would all come crashing down. After moping around a bit, he'd pick himself up by his bootstraps, and try again.

He was more relatable relatively at the time, not relatable period. Used to be a hero had to be heroic, characters like Superman for example were only feigning fragility as Clark before anyone starts I'm not doing the whole Clark is the mask thing, I'm talking about his exaggerated displays of middle mannerism. Of fucking course Clark Kent who grew up on the farm is Clark Kent. Superman didn't come prepackage from Krypton.
With Peter it was more the case that he was not really that heroic on one side or the other, both Pete and Spidey had lapses. It was a sudden case where (You) the reader could imagine yourself in such a position should you acquire such sudden power, succeeding and failing in accordance with who you are instead of the story all just sorting it out because the hero must win without mar.

But as with everything, with time the rarity of this perspective changed once the doors were opened for other characters and writers.

(cont)
So that's how he's relateable. At least, that is how it WAS, decades ago. The last few decades have slowly drifted from that, which is why they want to get back to it.

Marvel had him and MJ split up, because they saw Spidey as a GATEWAY hero. That is, he's the comic that gets people into comics. Having him advance his life to married man, father of children, made him unrelatable to the teens they wanted him capturing as his core audience--- they didn't care that was related to his current fans that started as kids and teens cause they'd aged in RL time.

These days, billionaire, super model dater, blah blah blah. That's not the spidey people say "he's relatable". That reputation was from the early decades, where he was the Charlie Brown+ (cause Spidey did make some very slow but steady progress over time, and he got laid--- a lot--- in between personal and universal crisis.)

SpOck was the most reletable Spider and you fags know it.

Looking back the say SpOck talked sorts of reminds me or Rick from Rick and Morty

I don't see it. Ock spoke like an old-school, pipe-smoking scientist. He was going around calling mutants and clones abominations and subhumans.

>giant power fantasy
No shit

He was when he was conceived. Bullied, not particularly rich, troubling love life and never got the girl, not even particularly good looking.
Add the lapses in moral judgement, as well as his difficulty in balancing both sides of his life, he was pretty down to earth compare to most superheroes at the time.

I mean it was gone by the time he went to college, now he's more of an ideal with badluck.

*blocks your path*

What Cyclops carried in those pouches? Always wanted to know.

Relatibiliity of spiderman has been talked about for years. You're just a paranoid faggot.

Divorce rates were at an all time hi. It was dumb but it was relatable.

You're just confirming OP point, he's no more relatable than Superman or Flash. Just another superhero.

>On the other hand you have Superman, who has more humble origins as well, but unlike Spider-Man is never really portrayed as a fuck up, loser, or a douchebag like Parker is,
Fucking casual, Clark is a shy, goffy man who Lois despised for years, he was never a american model.

He's socially awkward and irritating like your regular everyday user.

He's a man child who would deal with the devil to avoid responsibility and get his way. I am sure more than a few cape fags can relate to that.

>Clark is a shy, goffy man who Lois despised for years, he was never a american model.
That's his alter ego

3 out of 4.
Pretty relatable.

He's white.

Righteousness

He was compared to other Silver Age heroes when he was introduced in the 60s. I found pre Harem Ultimate Spider-Man kind of relatable but otherwise I agree that he isn't really most of the time

Condoms for when he's about to fuck another psychic

Yeah honestly, I related at times to early Ultimate Spider-Man but SpOck is unironically the most I've ever related to the character

What superpowers do you have?

He used to be a poor skinny little nerd, making him fairly relatable to a large number of readers. He's not anymore in the comics. The problem is that Quesada and a bunch of other assholes at Marvel are nostalgia fags. They failed miserably to reset the clock and only created a whiny Peter Pan. It doesn't help that Sony Pictures is run by retards who keep rebooting him younger and younger.

It is a power fantasy. It was a picture book written for children in the 1960s.
Welcome to the genre.

OG Peter Parker was a total weirdo who had one friend since elementary school. He didn't have any confidence until he became Spider-Man.
The main appeal was seeing this nerd suddenly become a handsome superhero, but having to deal with the all of the negatives that come with that.
For its era it was incredibly revolutionary and it bordered on a deconstruction of the power fantasy of superheroes. Sure you can turn into an attractive superhuman overnight, but with great power comes great responsibility so be prepared to have everyone you know and love either die or betray you.

>Not the biggest brain
>No hot gf

The fuck are you taking about. He may not be smarter than Richards, but he still is gifted and can do almost anything without much effort.

And he fucks a different supermodel everyday.

None of those make him relatable.

This nigga never read Lee and Ditko or Lee/Romita Sr

That's Joey Q and Slott's fault. If you want prime relatable Parker, try the runs from the 70s.