To frolic and play!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkdNWnG6hXo
youtube.com/watch?v=f3uoQB7wfGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gay pink mountain lion.

hilarious!

youtube.com/watch?v=LkdNWnG6hXo

ive only heard him talk in the spanish dub, its funny how he repeats things. I guess this is how speaks normally that is, ive always liked him. Shame he is now a faggot for some political statement comic

Hey look, It's the gay commie playwright! Get him!

>people calling him gay
>even though is an elsewords comic
>even though he got a girlfriend in the cartoon
There is a alternate universe comic where Beast and Wonder Man are dating and another where spiderman is a black woman

He's flamboyant in the cartoon. Why else do you think they chose him for the gay playwright in the 50's storyline?

isnt that a little ignorant tho? not all gays are flamboyant

>not all gays are flamboyant
They didn't go "He's gay, so lets make him flamboyant". Then went "He's flamboyant, so lets make him gay"

andyou dont find that kind of thinking problematic? why couldnt they choose any other character and make him gay? why perpetrate this harmful stereotype?
i find it offesive and i think it should be removed and the artist should appologize

>>>/tumblr/

>Sup Forums

I actually went to highschool with a flamboyant straight dude. We all just assumed he was gay. Was shocked to find out he has a wife and kids now. Im not in an area where you get any shit for being gay so its unlikly he’s trying to hide something...but if you ever saw the old tv show Will n Grace...they had this guy Jack. The guy from HS? Waaaaaaay more flamboyent then Jack. My two cents is free!

The new comic is nothing remarkable so far, but has potential. It's a mini series anyway, so no reason to not read it from start to end.

What i don't like much is that, unlike in the Flinstones comic where it's a retelling of the same concept and setting, in here they just came up with a story about persecution during McCarthyism and filled the character roles with a bunch of Hanna Barbera properties.
Just like Snagglepuss is the protagonist, so could have been Top Cat, Loopy de Loop or Huckleberry Hound and it wouldn't make a difference at all.

Also, fuck whoever thought it was a good idea to make his lover human.

>im not homophobic, i have a gay friend

>tumblr
>says the queer supporting turning random characters into fags like ice man
lmao

I bet none of these faggots outraged at him being gay can even name 5 episodes of his show without google.

Worst issue I had with this comic is animal-people characters design. Should've go with more caroony look, these are just too unsettling to look at. Huckleberry is literally this Goofy cosplayer

Huck looks bad, true, but Snagglepuss and his wife looked great, especially the latter. You can tell she's a mountain lion.
Sure, a more cartoony look like in the alternative cover i posted above would have been better, but for a realistic style the artist overall did well.

Now, the artist should have really avoided drawing them all pantless. That's absolutely not something you should do with a realistic art style. It worked in the prologue like in pic related with the previous artist, but not in the first issue.

Because of the time its set in and the context of what an effeminate man meant in those days. It's not problematic because it's not stereotyping all gay characters in the book.

it just looks so bad, literally just draw them as cartoon characters. thats is what they are and that is how they look best

It's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur all over again.

>I-Im a big fan of Moon Boy!

Are you? Are you REALLY?

What grinds my gears with the first issue is the fact that no one acknowledges what's the deal with the antropomorphic animals. The cubans shooting at faggots in the woods (both men and animals) yelling "you filthy animals" doesn't really make sense in context.

Oh god it's 1977 again. That means Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour is on right after Laff Olympics.

>What grinds my gears with the first issue is the fact that no one acknowledges what's the deal with the antropomorphic animals
They just exist, and everyone acknowledges them as such. But they don't really make a difference in the narrative, outside of qualifiers like saying kit instead of boy. And that's the weakest part of the whole deal, since the prejudice portrayed in the story is inexplicably still limited to ideology and sexual orientation.

just replace snagglepuss with a gay human character and you can notice how suddenly this mini is shit

How often did the gay and commie circles overlap?

How is this a thing? Commies kill gays

Ta ra ra boom de ay
Did you get yours today
I got mine yesterday
That's why I walk this way

>ywn ride his pink boipussy
>ywn kiss him

>Shame he is now a faggot for some political statement comic

>Implying that he was ever, ever supposed to be read as anything else.

well i read him as a cute guy with a sweet and polite personality, since im not a degenerate

Yeah American commies are pretty fucking stupid like that.

>ywn kiss him

I know he's an old cartoon but it's still just furry shit
we should be glad the book isn't about his bizarre variety of fetishes, which aren't weird because you're not a human so that makes it ok right?

bruh its a pink fuckin cat how is that no the gayest thing ever

im GLAD he's gay because if he wasnt it would literally taint the image of masculinity

you could even argue about it in an SJW way by saying "Oh ok so the pink cat is now designated gay? He's pink so of course he's gay right? That's homophobic"

>Pink cat? That's gay. Homosexual, even.

pink used to be a masculine color, you can also be gay and masculine. Being sensitive or talking funny doesnt make you an insult towards masculinity

the fursecution is really frying up your neurons, anthro animals are a tool for character design and you are letting furfags take it because they masturbate to cartoon pictures

While the cartoon character was never stated to be gay, it was very heavily based on queer stereotypes of the time.

Also, why the fuck would a children's cartoon from almost 50 years ago delve into complex matters of sexuality? That was when the Kinsey scale was still big news.

You are a absolute faggot. Just like anyone else that's so in the closet that other closeted things trigger them.

I think the comic makes it pretty clear that it's just the way the world is, people accept it as normal and it wouldn't make sense for them to call attention to it. The major cue is the scene where a human actor and an anthro actor are both (poorly) costumed as different animals.

>Also, why the fuck would a children's cartoon from almost 50 years ago delve into complex matters of sexuality? That was when the Kinsey scale was still big news.
Because these Hanna Barbera "reboot" comics by DC are not aimed at children. The only people that could even care about these characters are those that watched them during syndication, and that excludes anyone under the age of 20.

>The major cue is the scene where a human actor and an anthro actor are both (poorly) costumed as different animals.
Even in the context of that setting, you'd think they would get actual dogs to play the roles. There surely are some in Broadway. But to be fair, it made the entire scene funnier.

None of this matters anyway. The comic will be too short to even start trying to do worldbuilding of any kind. They will just tell the persecution story and leave it at that.

dude i just liked him a lot as a kid, it wouldnt annoy me if he was gay. I just dont enjoy a character with a very amicable tone be reduced to a faggot insert, anyone else can do that job.
My sexuality has nothing to do with the above

I don't entirely agree. Obviously the comics aren't for kids, but I don't think they're targeting a nostalgia audience either. I think the audience they're envisioning is one that doesn't care much about the original characters in the first place, but might appreciate seeing them subverted.

Admittedly it's a small audience and they probably wouldn't bother with something like this in the first place if they weren't obligated to pull old properties out of the trunk every now and then.

Frankly, I prefer camp gay characters to serious gay characters, because camp is fun to watch and listen to, especially in cartoons. Snagglepuss's original voice is incredible.

I can see the appeal, as they tend to be more animated and thus make better use of the medium and then there's how an obviously gay character can be seen as less politicized because it's not subversive to stereotypes and may even be seen as poking fun at those types of people.

God Clawhauser is so fucking cute, i have the impression he was originally planned to be more nerdy than faggy

Would you cuddle Snagglepuss?

No, the comic references things that flies overs modern audiences heads like references to the Algonquin Society, Iroquois Theater Fire, The Rosenburg Trials, and hints at Stonewall being a bar run by the Mob.

Honestly my problem isn't with making him gay, it's that the comic is just flat out boring. It doesn't have any of the charm or comedy of the Flintstones and they don't really play around with the "animal people, but in the real world" thing very well, or even really at all. You could just have them all be humans and it wouldn't change anything.

cuddle and tell i love him, but nothin sexual. only pure hugs and kisses on the forehead while stroking his soft neck

>it wouldn't annoy me if he was gay
Well he was, so why are you annoyed then?

>fuck whoever thought it was a good idea to make his lover human
>gay human guy wants to fuck an anthro pink catman
Too real?

because right now he is gay for the wrong reasons

Man he's a pink lion
I get you somehow probably think this is a political agenda or something, but sometimes a pink lion is just a pink lion.

am I the only gay- I mean guy who thinks that flamboyant behavior is really masculine? as long as your wrists aren't limp that is
>energetic
>confident
>stylish
aren't these traits the telltale signs of a guy who has it all figured out?

Depends how theatrical it gets.
It can be, if the guy is inherently masculine, but if it's a flamboyant twink, then no not really.

>theatrical
you're probably thinking of melodramatic

theatrical is a great descriptor for my man vincent price who I would also describe as flamboyant

Yes, but gays nowadays want to be weak willed losers hiding behind government to enforce their ideals. The one thing I hate about the LGBT community as a whole is that they've become too obstructionist and conformist after gay marriage was legalized.

>I think the audience they're envisioning is one that doesn't care much about the original characters in the first place, but might appreciate seeing them subverted.
That's me, so you're probably onto something.

I just think the pink gay cat is attractive.

Using Vincent Price is not fair, he was a cut above the rest of humanity

How does the Snagglepuss comic subvert the character? He unironically sees himself as a great writer and wants to be a part of classic American Culture.

Right, the concept art made him seem like a geeky otaku stereotype that liked a pop idol, but his proto-proto-design had him looking like a gay bartender.

>gays nowadays want to be weak willed losers hiding behind government
they're not "hiding behind government" though. they just want to be protected by it. gay bar raids are still happening in the U.S. you know
>LGBT community as a whole [...] they've become too obstructionist and conformist
they're both obstructionist and conformist at the same time? this seems contradictory
>not fair
I'm only posting pictures of him. Posting a video where you can hear his sweet soft baritone voice would be unfair.

I agree 0w0

Imagine being in a world where the only anthropomorphic animal man is fucking Snagglepuss

youtube.com/watch?v=f3uoQB7wfGA
He does songs well too.

Dont you think it's problamatic judging the life choices of snagglepuss? Who are you to judge this cool cat you sourpuss.

he said that was his favorite role

vincent price is our guy

read it in his voice

It depends whether you're using it to get what you want or just being an unsufferable twat. Jojo part 1&2 are good examples since he uses his energetic nature to impress people or to get himself ready for battle.

you're trying to make it sound like personality is something people choose to do in order to "get what they want" or
>just being an unsufferable twat
like you're being right now?

Are you using fucking as an adjective or a verb?

It's not about choosing personality but what you do with it. You can use weaponize an aspect of your personality or use it to just be a loser.

>weaponize an aspect of your personality
I will do no such thing
>or use it to just be a loser
I think you're the loser here

According to his daughter, Vincent Price had, at the very least, some gay flings.

Bump.

did you all like the part in the comic where the commie spies got the electric chair?

heavens to murgatroyd! this thread is dying, almost 404'ing even

I want the furfags to get chaired, Snagglepuss is not for sexual

What a world we live in when the soviets sent gays and workshys to the gulags first and they now advocate for communism

Vincent price was fucking rattigan?
Mind fuckin blown, I haven't seen that movie since I was like 5 but holy shit

>not wanting to snuggle the snaggle

He must've been really stupid/oblivious since we never seen him zapped by the collar like other characters.

would you snuggle this?

No, but I'd totally snuggle this

>dem hips

And him getting zapped for being happy and energetic when he's a comic relief character is easy to do wrong. I'm guessing the joke would be a combination of him being oblivious and that his collar was set to "cheetah" and wouldn't have much affect on him because he was so fat.

That would be a better overall design. The issue I have is from the waist down the animal character models in the comic switch from detailed to these... Genderless ken dolls.

Because the artist thought it was a good idea to make them pantless, since that's what the source material did, when his realistic style clearly doesn't work with that.

There was a dog wearing pants in the bar scene. That's how every other animal character should have been drawn.

What is he, gay?

>pink used to be a masculine color

That ship sailed in Sup Forums's precious 1950s, around the time it was decided that "men should be as stupid and slovenly as possible, and women should still be forced to obey them."

Yes!

hard to find him funny (or anything in particular) when he and he's fellow predators are in state of constant danger thanks to the collars

I do wonder how it worked on the honey badger then.

sky blue was associated with the virgin mary and so it was reserved for women, i dont know how it is in other places but i wonder what originated the shift

It was played for laughs for the most part, like when Nick was pitching the idea for his theme park, he showed preds outside being based up for a bus and splashed and all that misery that comes with that shocking them all while they're soaking wet. It was so ridiculously sad it was funny. It would be that kind of dark humor that would make Clawhauser in that universe funny because he's dumb and complacent.