Why don't earthbenders just pull people underground? They don't seem to use it as frequently as they should

Why don't earthbenders just pull people underground? They don't seem to use it as frequently as they should.

Why don't Airbenders just bend the air inside someones head so it explodes?

For that matter, why are there no Bone Benders like how Waterbenders have Blood Benders? Calcium is a type of Earth element isn't it?

Maybe it's difficult to bend elements inside people's body? Like bloodbending.

yea it seems waterbenders are the only ones who are smart and use environmental bending, like if you fight them in the rain they will control the rain, if you fight them in an ocean they will pull you underwater etc.

its dumb watching a fire bender fight a earth bender on 100% land and lose, just like if a fire bender beat a water bender while they were both standing in the middle of the ocean on chunks of ice,

the obvious answers is earth bender would win 100% of the time on land except against air benders

Hate it when they show earthbenders as slow. They literally control the ground they walk in, they can slide across it faster than most anyone can run. Then again,most probably aren't skilled enough to do earthskating.

Presumably it is a difficult or specialized technique.

why don't they just open up massive fucking fissures and drop people in?

Toph didn't do it because having people in the ground might fuck up how she sees
Aang didn't do it because of his pacifism
The Dai Li couldn't do it to team avatar because they had Toph and Aang, and they're dirty traitors who sided with Azula

Why do you people assume that these random extrapolations are easy enough for non-geniuses to do or even possible at all?

I've never understoof why firebenders couldn't just burst a fireball in the middle of somebody's chest cavity. I imagine it would take pretty much anyone out of a fight to have all your lungs set on fire.

I guess it's the same reason we never saw lightningbenders control someone with tiny jolts of electricity to their muscles.

>I've never understoof why firebenders couldn't just burst a fireball in the middle of somebody's chest cavity. I imagine it would take pretty much anyone out of a fight to have all your lungs set on fire.

Maybe you should try watching the show. When have firebenders ever just magically summoned shit directly at the destination without having to launch a projectile of some sort? Even combustion man had to shoot a laser.

I think I need to leave this thread before I have a heart attack, you morons are unbelievable.

If one can metalbend metal out of the body why not do so to your enemies including all those vital to life.

Cuz bending elements inside people's body is difficult.

In the Avatar world there is Rules of War. Iroh son got killed because Earthbenders were being dishonorable fucking cowards.

The Earthbender deserved to be killed by Ozai.

They never said how Lu Ten died

Hoping he got earthcoffined.

They did If I remember correctly. They caused an earthquake on him.

Food poisoning from bad dumplings.

>Earthquake
I meant mudslide or someshit.

They just said he died in combat during the Siege on Ba Sing Se

They never mentioned any war crimes or mudslides

I guess that requires you to be able to move a lot of earth just to open a single space. Maybe it's easier with sand or other soft ground.

Dumb question, but was he a lieutenant?

It was part of the notes about the show.

Benders can only bend what they can directly perceive so they cant pull off internal attacks unless the bending art like bloodbending is already internal.

>What they an directly perceive.
Bolin didn't know he was a lavabender until he forced the lava to harden and this was after trying to metalbend.

why cant air benders stay in the air without making tall twister of wind that still attached to the floor?

>son of a great general and member of the royal family (extended)

only if he's just getting his start. if the boy had been doing the job for a few years he would have been at least the equivalent of a major or colonel if not a minor general himself.

Cuz they'll get tired eventually. It's basically the air equivalent of the water sprout,a master level technique.

So not canon then

They "magically summon" shit all the time in the show, it's called firebending. If they can summon it on their bodies, is it really a stretch to summon it in someone elses?

Maybe you are thinking of the M. Night Shyamalan movie where firebenders have to lug around braziers full of burning coal to manipulate.

>Why can't air benders stay in the air.
They can. They just need to stop being materialistic and let things go to enter the void.

I'd say it's a stretch. Most firebenders can't even use their mouth to bend fire like iroh can. If not making fire appear in your hand is high level, what makes you think making fire not centered on a point on your body is possible?

Lightning is clearly barely controlled and it's only possible to create with a large amount of energy. It's not useable in subtle ways.

>Lightning is clearly barely controlled and it's only possible to create with a large amount of energy. It's not useable in subtle ways.

^This. That's why the technique is called generating lightning, and or redirecting lightning. It can't be controlled, this why there's no such thing as Lightningbending.

>Not usable in subtle ways.
This isn't true. Mako fucking zapped Amon with a short burst using only two fingers while being crushed from bloodbending.

They could do some Flying Nimbus stuff back in Wan's day

Maybe you are right.

Not him, but he was right about you earlier. People like you and other anons on these threads always say idiotic things.

you'd have to displace the earth somehow
unless your enemy is conveniently above a pocket of empty space

you can compact the earth below him, resulting in a rock hard, perfectly smooth, sheer walled prison.

Someone made a picture of Tenzin doing that to Zaheer.

sounds a little complicated for a fight

Or turn the ground they're standing on to quicksand. That's how general Fong did it. And honestly,seeing as how sometimes earthbenders pull rock out the ground without leaving a crater, it seems avatar doesn't really care about displacements

Bone isnt as much calcium as you think. There is calcium in bone, sure. But you can leech all of the calcium out of a bone using vineger and still have a bone shaped, bone sized object. Its just squishy.

Try it at home with chicken wing bones and a cup of vineger. Its gross.

you can pull a rock out and use it thats easy
but to trap someone you'd have a pull a man-sized rock out of the ground right underneath them quickly enough so they fall in.
and that might even been trickier in loose soil. sure maybe you can compact it, but that sounds situational. the whole thing is situational.
like yeah, if the space is down there, the bender could push earth below the combatant into that space and render them trapped.
I just don't think the majority of the geological surface of the planet Avatar takes place on is this pock-marked honeycomb you're imagining

What are you talkinf about? My point was that seeing as how earthbenders pull out rocks out the ground without actually leaving a crater behind, clearly avatar doesn't care about displacements.

Besides, we have seen earthbenders trap people underground without any problem (since avatar doesn't care about dirt displacements)