The Amazing World of Gumball

Is that a motherfucking One Piece reference?

Other urls found in this thread:

theamazingworldofgumball.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rival
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought it was Bobobobbobobobobo

>Is that a reference
I feel like that’s all Gumball is nowadays.

which episode?

theamazingworldofgumball.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rival

Yeah, that one really surprised me. Took me a second to realize they actually were making an Enel face reference.

So we got that and the Super Saiyan shit. Have they ever referenced Naruto or Bleach as directly to complete the collection of shounen shit?

Don't forget memes and ebin internet culture.

Nicole did the naruto run

>Is that a motherfucking One Piece reference?
Yes, it is, the better question is; what is the joke and why is it needed?

Eh, I don't think Naruto actually invented the Naruto run, just popularized it.
I meant something more direct like throwing a sharingan or some shit into a gag.

OK KO kinda has a more direct reference in Enid's younger look with the headband and stupid jacket while trying to be a ninja, but even that's not as blatant as the Enel face.

The Creator is a confirmed otaku. He already had episodes referencing DBZ and several on Sailor Moon. And even another recent one done by an actual anime company. So One Piece is not a surprise.

If I remember right, they made the face right after the box they thought they put baby Anais in was thrown into a garbage truck.
The joke was just a shocked expression. Using the Enel face was to add a reference to it that some would get.

This show really went to shit

That isn't a joke

>Reacting with a funny face and veiled reference to a shocking or funny thing isn't a joke
>Says the faggot on Sup Forums, where many people literally have reaction image folders for this exact reason.

>gumball
>veiled references

Something something about edgy contrarianism.

Is this the only good show on Cartoon network right now?

TTG, Clarence and AT is good sometimes.

Brace for more worse things to come.

What went wrong

>anime is shilled non stop by Sup Forums
>go to watch the anime and read the manga
>it's actually boring shit

lemme guess, your definition of a meme is 'thing on the internet that is funny' too

Hey, I never said I hated that he's a fan. Me being one myself.

However THIS is going to far.

Cringe. Every "joke" in this series is just a reference or a character making a stupid face (or both in this case). It's Family Guy with animals.

You mean Roman Reigns, Right?

certainly looks like a cross between the two; referencing enel's face and the eye-popping motif from Bobobo

Did any else kinda hate this episode? I think I just hate the whole "New character keeps getting the old characters in trouble" episodes.

Me and my friends sometimes joke with each other by quoting shows.

That doesn't mean I want shows to start stealing quotes from other shows.

It was a shit episode

Gumball's writing has shit the bed since season 4.

don't you mean the Arale run?

They let Roman Reigns talk

>What went wrong
Hitler lost the war

LOL ikr XD

Welp, I guess I'm a fan for life now.

Oh no guys, this user isn't impressed. Shut it all down.

Is that a motherfucking Yugioh reference?

Her hands are outstretched to the side, not the same.

Is Bobobo worth the read?

Depends, do you like shitposts? Because Bobobo is the greatest shitpost before Jorge Joestar.

Most definitely.

Not him, but does the manga have the same ending as the anime?

No, there’s a bunch more afterwards. I have no idea why the anime just stops in the middle.

Believe it or not it was supposed to be a parody of all the anime that get dropped midway through the manga. Really unfortunate joke but it makes sense given the source material.

Luffys reaction to one of his older brothers being alive was the highest of the decade for me in fiction, nothing tops chapter 731 from pure hype.

it is a joke if you have been or had a sibling
if not, yeah, I guess it wouldn't be funny for someone without that experience

It's not even good, fem. Only redeeming quality is the great art

Huh, it looks like Gumball is modeled after Luffy and Darwin Enel. Cool.

Oh yeah, I highly recommend it, especially if you're into shonen on any level as it mostly parodies that.

This is the "plane run" totally different