Fucking called it:

Fucking called it:
twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/950419259410341888

The mystery member of the Exiles by Saladin Ahmed will be MCU Valkyrie.

The important thing is that my capacity to care about these sort of things died a long time ago.

sooo is she bad or someting?

>Exiles

Oh look, a thread where outragefags who dont read comics will sit around and pretend they do.

At least its in the alternate-dimension containment book of Exiles and not the main continuity.

Don't think we'll see too much more gender and race-swapping in the core books going forward, if that is the outrage you were seeking.

Mine has the actual source, that one is from an article.

Nah, I'm actually very cool with it, I wonder if she'll be like her MCU or a version of a version of Earth-199999.
I think it's the first time a character from the movies is featured in the comics, correct me if I'm wrong.

>i can't collect as many (you)'s in that thread

FTFY

Coulson

>team made up of alternate reality characters
>Sup Forums is still butt hurt that someone gets racebent

Keep perpetuating the meme. Sup Forums does not read comics

Coulson has shown up in the main continuity now and then.

The comics gained a black Nick Fury.

The Chitauri had appeared in comics before the movies but were mostly fill-ins for Skrulls at the time, they've since been shown in the comics in their movie depiction.

Going way back, and from cartoons not movies, Firestar and HERBIE both started outside of comics but eventually transitioned over.

Who gives a shit? Just post wherever you like.
Yep. And those screaming about "synergy" are kinda missing the point.
Damn, I forgot about Coulson. I'm guessing Fitz, Jemma and May are also MCU inventions?

>The comics gained a black Nick Fury.
Considering MCU Nick Fury is based on Ultimate Fury, that's not really what he's talking about. He means characters created for the MCU that were then added to the comics. This version of Valkyrie (who is not Brunhilde, mind you), was an MCU creation. Coulson, May, Fitz and Simmons were, likewise, MCU creations.

Firestar and HERBIE are good points, too, in that this isn't something unique to the MCU. Hell, Harley Quinn over at DC is a synergy-based creation.

Fitz, Jemma and May are MCU, but they're from the show.

Coulson is the one invented by the movies

Ugly enough so we know it's an ugly black person, pretty enough that it's not the uggo from the movie. Honestly this is the best outcome for this situation.

Saladin Ahmed seems like a poor choice of name. Black people with Arabic names tend to be Muslims, and Saladin is an old-ass, traditionally male name.

Sorry about your shitty taste user

He's Lebanese I think.

Ahmed isn't black.

Why does she look like she has down syndrome?

But she doesn't? She looks Pacific Islander to me.

Great, now make a white Black Panther :^)

"Poor choice of name"? What? It's the guy's name, what more do you want?

How about a black Namor with his son Remy

He probably thought it was a pen name

>le 'make x white even though 1/2 their character involes being black' meme

>Who gives a shit? Just post wherever you like.
anons who are annoyed that another thread got got axed so we could have two of the same topic.
Just so OP could jerk over all the replies his thread gets.

First off, the Valkyrie mantle isn't racial or genetic or contingent on anything like Black Panther is... Second, okay, here you go.

What

>About 12 years ago you could joke about that without people getting "offended" and trying to destroy your career

What went wrong?

If we’re going to have a cartoon Wolverine on the team why not have MCU Valkyrie?

On a side note what would your exiles team look like Sup Forums?

>First off, the Valkyrie mantle isn't racial or genetic or contingent on anything like Black Panther is...

>What is Norse mythology?
>What do Vikings look like
>Where are Vikings from?

Really?

Nailed it, user

cause cartoons don't have to pay for likeness rights and shit i would guess.

also the fucking insane tedium of people trying to fit it into MCU continuity

Exiles is one of the few books where movie synergy shit has a place. Who gives a shit?

Would they really have to? I’m not super familiar with Exiles, but couldn’t they just return her to the MCU at the moment she left?

I thought it was the character's name. I feel stupid.

Beta Ray Bill son of Bills.
Eric O'Grady
Greer Grant The Were-Tiger
Batroc ze Hunter
Rachel Coles possessed by the Spirit of Vengeance Frank Castle
Groot, Ruler of Planet X

i just meant fans would be annoying about it and it's not worth the headache from them

Throne is actually a good book. Really enjoyable.

>At least its in the alternate-dimension containment book of Exiles and not the main continuity.
Don't worry. She will replace 616 Valkyrie soon.

All >10,000 remaining readers will really care, too.

what is wrong with people

I don't see why this would be some big controversy one way or the other. 616 Valkyrie is already explicitly bi, for fucks sake.

mental illness is a hell of a thing when left untreated

"What does Black Widow do?"

"She's a woman."

>Exiles is one of the few books where movie synergy shit has a place.
I can't think of a more meaningless or spurious statement.

By that reasoning you don't ever do anything.

Cool.

Plus Exiles already had lesbians before Marvel made them mandatory.

More appropriate she come from another dimension than Marvel writers doing back flips to integrate her into 616 like they did with Black Fury and Coulson.

why cant the mcu cancer stay in the mcu

I'm the OP, the reason why I kept the thread is twofold:
1) it was posted at the same time as the other, check the dates
2) even though the other one got more replies (and gee I wonder why, its contentious tone probably had nothing to do with that), I wasn't allowed to delete it because it was "too old."
That's it. I'm not a tripfag, and this isn't Reddit or Twitter, can't do shit about (You)s, if I could exchange them for a Sup Forums Pass I would.

>Led by a Dani Moonstar who kept her Valkyrie powers
>Iceman from a reality where he was a Starjammer under Havok. Being in space, his powers were allowed to really bloom.
>Hellion from a reality where the X-Kids grew up to be major players. He would have a Magneto helmet, and several pairs of prosthetic hands to make float around him for style points.
>Rogue with Ms. Marvel powers, possibly Ultimate-style where she doesn't have absorption/death touch as long as she has the other powerset.
>Gambit if Gambit was a woman
>Space Punisher

The Asgardians are neither vikings nor are they from where the Vikings are from, they are extradimensional beings from Asgard. Are you pissed that Hogunn is Asian, too?

She's not the actual one from the MCU, she's an echo from another, similar reality. I would like it if one of the films had a character disappear in a magenta BLOOP and had them come into the comics as an Exile, though.

I don't see how this indicates anything is "wrong" with that person. It's not like they're asking for Cap to be bi or anything.

>BKV saw it coming

How long before regular Valkyrie dies and this one stays in the main universe?

A team of fuck ups and villains bumbling through realities and trying to make things better

Frenzy
Chimera the multiversal pirate
Avalanche from X-men Evolution
Pyro from the Ultimate Universe
Omega Sentinel from House of M
Emplate from a reality where Monet went evil and Marius didn't

I mean, it's silly but I don't really see it as an issue considering it was a character trait. They're asking for her to be accurate I guess.
Not like it matters, I doubt Saladin is gonna have her say stuff like "gee I sure love eating pussy" or some shit just to drive the point across.

Got it in one

>its okay bruh, Miles is in an Alt universe
>Dude, Black Fury is just the Ultimate universe

>she's a tankard-draining, maiden-wooing, giant-slaying thunderbolt of a woman

She'll be a lesbian if not gay.

Considering she has a cockblocking lesbian fangirl living inside of her then maybe that is for the best.

If not bi, I mean.

But will she fuck Agent Anti-Venom?

Fine by me. I liked her character and Ahmed knows what he's doing

An excellent description of Sup Forums

>its okay bruh, Miles is in an Alt universe
Peter Parker it still Spider-man and Miles is getting a new name
>Dude, Black Fury is just the Ultimate universe
Nick Fury is still alive and in this Exiles book as their "timebroker" Marcus Fury is not even an agent of SHEILD anymore since SHEILD is gone. Only thing he has done is give the war machine armor to the Punisher

Kid In-Betweener
Vance Astrovik 3000
China Doll
Abigail Kincaid (Quasar)
Reader
Man-Thing
Spitfire (as the red suit)

STOP CONTRADICTING ME

>defending this

Fury is the perfect example. It was just Ultimate, then EVERYTHING new had Black Fury, to the point where Regular Fury is almost an afterthought, and they even bullshitted the Marcus thing just to have their own version in the main canon for when the time is right.

Peter and Miles both exist in the same universe. Dont like Miles? Go read Peter. Fury Jr. barely shows up in any comics and the real Fury is still trapped on the moon. Finally, nobody gives a shit about Valkyrie and Thompson's version is the best thing that has happened to the character in years. Tell me how much you loved Fearless Defenders. Never heard of it? Of course not you non-reading faggot.

>EVERYTHING new had Black Fury

Your fault for being a causal who doesn't read comics.

Bisexuals are discount gay. They don't punch Da Patriarchy as hard as homosexuals do. Why do you think Iceman was downright made gay, not just bi?

Regular Valkyrie was teased for a upcoming appearance in Thor #700.

Of course he is user

This post is so full of rationality that I feel almost compelled to shit on it. But I won't, have this instead.

In the comics they are legitimate Norse gods not aliens.

Fearless Defenders sucked.
I did like it's predecessor that focused on Valkyrie, Fear Itself: The Fearless.

Point 2 is fair, but point 1 is you just being an idiot and not looking to see if there's another thread already. The other one already had several replies by the time you made this one so it would have been on page 1 like right at the top.

I did check, though. Not my fault my upload speed and captcha filling took longer than I expected.

>People suddenly caring about Valkyrie
She was a literally who Z-list Thor character who's only notable contribution to comics in the past decade was Frank Cho cheesecake art.

>stop defending this!
He's just stating facts.

now i'm curious if the post time stamps are clocked when you hit "make a post" or when you hit send.

He didn't say they were aliens. He said they were extradimensional beings, which they are. Asgard is a different dimension linked to Earth via the World Tree. The myths that created the Asgardians also created frost giants, trolls, dwarves, light and dark elves, and a bunch of other fantasy races. Do dwarves have to look scandinavian, too?

Outside of seeing the deal behind "Old Marvel" Kamala due to curiosity, I don't really care.

You pussy is old and broken. Do your racebaiting elsewhere.

He hates white people though.

So is this what the Sup Forumsmutts are gonna be raging about on Sup Forums for the next few weeks

You know what? This is perfect and demonstrates that Ahmed's fully committed to Exiles' multiverse shenanigans

The article already said she’s a lesbian.

And the problem is?

In the comics Thor and Odin fight against Celestials and joust the Eternals, while Odin wields a power known as Odinforce. Is that part of the Eddas? Tell me where to look.

You dont?

That's what he saud.

>White people doing stupid holiday shit on TV is somehow bad
What does user mean by this?